Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

The finale was anime original btw (Forgot to mention that a couple of days ago)

Spoiler

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#23 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:06 AM

But I have a question for manga readers.....To me it looks like they gave us an anime original ending because if they stuck to the manga, there wasn't going to be a decent enough ending to close off the season, so is that true? What was actually supposed to happen here?

In the manga now that Yumeko had beaten most of the student council with the last two being in public matches Sayaka (the secretary) is worried about the future of the council and begs Kirari (the President) to kick Yumeko out of the school by any means before the entire student council is destroyed. Kirari states that wouldn't be necessary since it would be easy to destroy Yumeko if she wanted to by making it so that nobody in the school is allowed to gamble against her and since she essentially lives to gamble it would kill her to not have anyone to gamble against.

Kirari also states that she has no interest in doing that and accepts Yumeko's challenge to a gamble for the right to rule the school but Sayaka steps in and challenges Yumeko to a gamble with their lives on the line. Yumeko accepts and but not with those stakes since she finds that boring since there are worse things to lose than your life and states that instead that they should gamble the thing they would hate to lose most which for Sayaka is her connection to Kirari who she is in love with and obessess over and for Yumeko she would have to give up gambling itself.

The gamble itself is pretty unique so I won't spoil it but it is the last one of the student council arc (she never gambles against the president) and is where most people thought the anime would end. I think the reason it didn't is because similar to some of the other matches it would take more than one episode for the Yumeko vs. Sayaka match and with only 12 episodes they had no choice but to do something different.

The next arc is the election arc where Kirari puts her position as student council president up for grabs and the entire student body gets to compete for a chance to become president, in addition to this a dozen of so members of the Momobami family come to join in the election competition which is the real focus on the arc. Even though the anime went a different route it could still do this in a possible season two because Kirari did announce that she was disbanding the student council in the anime just like it the manga which is what led to the election. The main problem is that they've kind of killed the hype of Yumeko vs. Kirari by making it happen this early, they still haven't gambled against each other in the manga. BTW you should check out the prequel manga with Mary, it helps to understand her character a lot better.

Edited by Goddess Nike, 24 September 2017 - 07:06 AM.

• Tokoya and Insane Soul like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#24 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:11 AM

But I have a question for manga readers.....To me it looks like they gave us an anime original ending because if they stuck to the manga, there wasn't going to be a decent enough ending to close off the season, so is that true? What was actually supposed to happen here?

I still have to catch up, but I did a bit of research on the matter on the Kakegurui Baidu board

The original plan by the Anime team was indeed to end the season with what was chronologically next in the manga, Yumeko vs Sayaka. But the team thought, since the plot of the story kicked off with Yumeko the transfer student, it's better for the season to conclude with her.

That is, because the Yumeko vs Sayaka gamble is mostly narrated from Sayaka's viewpoint, it's not "main character-centric" enough to cap off the season. Add to the preconception that Sayaka is no match for Yumeko, you get the idea that they wanted something more exciting.

Note: though the last episode of the Anime will be original, it will be written by the author Kawamoto Homura himself.
(Reminder: Homura writes the main story plus the Twin and Midari spinoffs, while all 3 have different artists)

However, whether this means if we'll still get a Season 2 or not, that is the question

BTW you should check out the prequel manga with Mary, it helps to understand her character a lot better.
It really is a shame that the Kakegurui: Twin spinoff hadn't been picked up by Yen Press, since it's really good

In short: in the year before Yumeko's arrival, Mary was just trying to survive Hyakkaou Academy with the 2 friends she's made, but unfortunately her skill has caught the eyes of a student faction that's plotting to overthrow Momobami Kirari's Student Council, and they want to secure her allegiance at all costs.

If Yumeko's story can be describe as being on the offensive, then Mary's story is a defensive one. Homura's writing is still just as good here though, and the artist here also maintains the standard of madness from the main story.

But my main expectation out of this is I want to know what happened to her, where her 2 friends disappeared off to, and how she went on to enslave Suzui at the start of the main story.

It now has 25 chapters, and I've managed to follow them on the Kakegurui Baidu board. Chinese Scans are also out up to Ch 17, I believe.

Edited by gamria, 25 September 2017 - 04:57 AM.

• Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users