526 replies to this topic

#21 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,287 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

How is the film, Ace? Do you consider it be better than Alien 4 or Prometheus?

Do people think Promethus is bad because it's actually bad or because it wasn't marketed enough or properly as a prequel and left people confused? I've heard a few people complain about the latter, but I don't know if that's a wide phenomenon.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#22 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

Ten days late, but I honestly thought it was solid. I wish that they'd stuck more to the Prometheus style of storytelling by focusing more on expanding ththe universe through giving us information on the Engineers, but I still enjoyed the film.

What I'm looking forward to now is the new Planet of the Apes film this weekend. If this final film lands just right this new trilogy will go down as one of the best in film history.

can i ask why you like this movie because i thought it was complete trash to make the alien fans happy.

It was like hey instead of improving the story of prometheus to get it closer to alien lets skip that BS and try to make an alien movie.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#23 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

I personally thought that Prometheus was a just bad film, barely a little better than Alien 4 due to the bad story and acting in both of those films.

Both those those films are not all that great, especially compared to Alien 1 to 3 which are classics imo.

#24 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Okja

Bong Joon -ho's latest film is  quite good.It highlights  corporate greed and the unethical practices with in the food industry.The film is quite light in tone but there are grim moments particularly towards the end.8/10

• Urek Mazino likes this

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

Roundup of the Disney panel of D23 Day 1

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

Saw Apes yesterday morning and I gotta say I think it's pretty fantastic. The main conflict between the apes and the humans is simple but effective and compelling. The conclusion to that conflict I felt was very satisfying on both sides. The attempts at humour were hilarious imo and well placed within what's very much a serious movie. The characterisation and development of the focal group was very good. Lastly the CGI was amazing, they were a bit excessive with the extreme close-ups of the apes faces but that just highlighted how convincingly lifelike and emotive they were.

• Tokoya and Ace1225 like this

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#27 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

https://youtu.be/cNw0PSLtJhk

OMG THIS LOOKS GREAT

Edited by secretzfan, 15 July 2017 - 01:38 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

https://youtu.be/cNw0PSLtJhk

OMG THIS LOOKS GREAT

I read about that last month and I was hyped.....This trailer guaranteed me spending my money to watch this 

• secretzfan likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

19990402_10155224192235399_4379114871679

They also showed footage of the live action Lion King film (Lucky bastards)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

How is the film, Ace? Do you consider it be better than Alien 4 or Prometheus? Which are widely regarded as fans to be to the worst films in the series.

How do you rate it against the rest of the films in the series?

I am only asking cuz I haven't seen Alien: Covenant yet.

Had a longer post, but I cut it down when I saw the part about you not having seen Covenant yet. In short, I'd say that Covenant is better than Aliens 3 and 4, but not 1 or 2. In terms of Prometheus, not in my opinion, though there are certain character stories in Covenant that are a great continuation of Prometheus. Honestly, as i'll mention in my response to waleuska, the major problem with Covenant for me is that its a poor continuation for the franchise when Prometheus was the last film we got. That is to say that its a bad sequel to Prometheus, but a perfectly decent film in its own right.

can i ask why you like this movie because i thought it was complete trash to make the alien fans happy.

It was like hey instead of improving the story of prometheus to get it closer to alien lets skip that BS and try to make an alien movie.

I agree with this part of the post. I think that Scott and the other higher ups really just caved into the fans who wanted to return to the more traditional Alien story line and in doing so screwed over the fans of Prometheus. As I mentioned in my original review for the film on another site (Or maybe it was here), Covenant would work far better had it come after a second film which showed the further adventures of David and Shaw, and their discovery/meeting with the Engineers. As it is, you basically just have everything skipped over and then summed up by David in like 10 minutes, which is all very nice, but not what I wanted to see. Ignore that however and I honestly don't see any major flaws in the film. David and Walter are both top notch. The soundtrack and cinematography are the same. This film provides you with the traditional alien jump scares and the aliens are just as menacing to our heroes as always. Really the closest thing to a flaw for me is that Daniels just doesn't manage to equal the previous two protagonists, but even then it's not like she's terrible or anything. I left the film being satisfied with the time and money I spent on it and I wasn't even surprised by the change in story line from the previous film, because i'd been keeping track of the changes in script for over a year beforehand.

Only problem with the Power Rangers chick is that, based on PR, I don't find her to be a good actor.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#32 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

George A. Romero, just passed away. 

In case nobody knows who he is. He's the guy who made the Night of the Living Dead, and various other popular zombie films that helped defined the zombie genre. 

• Urek Mazino likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#33 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

War for the Planet of the Apes didn't disappoint, though I did prefer the second film to it. Therefore, i'm confident in saying that this new trilogy is one of the best in film history.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#34 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Andy Serkis really should get some Oscar love an more. That is if the people who run those things weren't such assholes.  

• Urek Mazino likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#35 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Andy Serkis really should get some Oscar love an more. That is if the people who run those things weren't such assholes.  

MONEY RULES THE WORLD

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#36 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Honestly...they should probably just create some honorary award for him. It is a pretty difficult thing to manage cause if you gave motion capture its own category he probably win every year 

#37 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

• Tokoya and Urek Mazino like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#38 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,287 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Now see @Tokoya THIS is allowed to have American actors! Robotech movie greenlighted. For those of you who don't know, Robotech is an old 1980s cartoon. In fact, Robotech, because of weird licensing deals back then, became and still is an American bastardization of the original Macross anime. Now they can throw as many non-Asians at this movie as they wish. No complaints here.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 18 July 2017 - 08:09 AM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#39 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Had a longer post, but I cut it down when I saw the part about you not having seen Covenant yet. In short, I'd say that Covenant is better than Aliens 3 and 4, but not 1 or 2. In terms of Prometheus, not in my opinion, though there are certain character stories in Covenant that are a great continuation of Prometheus. Honestly, as i'll mention in my response to waleuska, the major problem with Covenant for me is that its a poor continuation for the franchise when Prometheus was the last film we got. That is to say that its a bad sequel to Prometheus, but a perfectly decent film in its own right.

I agree with this part of the post. I think that Scott and the other higher ups really just caved into the fans who wanted to return to the more traditional Alien story line and in doing so screwed over the fans of Prometheus. As I mentioned in my original review for the film on another site (Or maybe it was here), Covenant would work far better had it come after a second film which showed the further adventures of David and Shaw, and their discovery/meeting with the Engineers. As it is, you basically just have everything skipped over and then summed up by David in like 10 minutes, which is all very nice, but not what I wanted to see. Ignore that however and I honestly don't see any major flaws in the film. David and Walter are both top notch. The soundtrack and cinematography are the same. This film provides you with the traditional alien jump scares and the aliens are just as menacing to our heroes as always. Really the closest thing to a flaw for me is that Daniels just doesn't manage to equal the previous two protagonists, but even then it's not like she's terrible or anything. I left the film being satisfied with the time and money I spent on it and I wasn't even surprised by the change in story line from the previous film, because i'd been keeping track of the changes in script for over a year beforehand.

This is why i think that movie was thrash. It was basically aliens one in a open world. It really add nothing to the alien story line, it gave a lame excuse of how the aliens were created.

Why watch this movie when we had alien 1? No reason what so ever.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#40 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,287 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

it gave a lame excuse of how the aliens were created.

I thought that was explained in Promethus? What other explanation did they have?

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users