• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,922 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

The final chapter is going to be 48 pages long

https://yonkouprod.c...en/0/544/page/1

Edited by Tokoya, 13 July 2017 - 11:27 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

Ooh, Meredy saved the day. 

Haven't said this in years: I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter of Fairy Tail. 

• azer_moli, Chillman and Saya like this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#3 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:25 AM

Boom boom shakalaka Spirit Bomb to the rescue. 

• Madara D Dragon likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#4 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:45 AM

Did Natsu just kill a guy?

#5 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:55 AM

Well thanks to Meredy, Acnologia was defeated gang bang style. The whole continent and their feelings ganged on him, which giving the narrative of the story makes sense. Which I don't know why everyone problem is, Fairy Tail has always an uplifting series about friendship, not a shonen battle series. And need I remind how Dragon Ball Z ended, so that is okay, but this is unacceptable?

Anyway Fairy Tail is what is it, deal with it.

Well great to see all these callbacks to these old characters again, though a couple of these guys I don't remember, next to Shu and Wally, were these others two dudes and I don't know who they are. And Beth is alive I guess. And Meredy as always looked awesome.

Now than Acnologia is defeated, and everyone celebrated, Minerva and Kagura had this Street Fighter like high five, which I thought was hilarious, and of course Elfman and Evergreen got their little moment. Of course Natsu fell into Lucy's boobs, of course he did.

Next chapter, 48 pages, no more fighting, the part of Fairy Tail I love the relationships, let's see who ends up with who, and probably in this epilogue we probably get a massive time skip towards the end, if we go 10 or 20 years ago, well Makarov still be alive? Well we see Natsu and Lucy's kid, and everyone else kids. I am excited for that.

Edited by Magic Man, 14 July 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#6 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Well thanks to Meredy, Acnologia was defeated gang bang style. The whole continent and their feelings ganged on him, which giving the narrative of the story makes sense. Which I don't know why everyone problem is, Fairy Tail has always an uplifting series about friendship, not a shonen battle series. And need I remind how Dragon Ball Z ended, so that is okay, but this is unacceptable?

I don't think people complained about this part yet. We complained about previous chapters.

#7 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Considering how we lately care... But maybe somebody will show who will pour some salt into this wound that ft became. @masterbio mb?
  • masterbio likes this

#8 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

https://yonkouprod.c...en/0/544/page/8

The memes and jokes that can be made. . .heck, just replace 'magical' with 'orgasmic'

Edited by Graeystone, 14 July 2017 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

Is Fairy Tail even popular enough to meme?

#10 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Haha, who would have thought that Meredy would be the key to defeating  Acnologia. Well I guess that was a bit unexpected. Outside of that the fight went as I think most of us figured it would. Natsu got a boost and then landed the finished punch defeating  Acnologia. I did think that they might go into  Acnologia's backstory some, but I guess not. Probably wasn't needed I guess since we basically get what his motivation was and there wasn't many pages left to use. I do like how the mages in the real world defeated the dragon form of  Acnologia and how they worked together, but it was a bit short lived. I was a bit sad to see Ultear in one panel as she never got her young body back. 

Anyway, with one chapter left I wonder how the series will conclude. It doesn't exactly feel like they will do a big timeskip with how this chapter ended, so it might just focus a few months later after the guild is rebuilt again. Maybe Makarov is finally stepping down as guild leader and Erza or Laxus is taking over? I wouldn't mind a longer timeskip to see how all the characters ended up, but as long as the epilogue is satisfying I'll be good I think. 

#11 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

Merdy had the power to take all power from all mages on the continent? That seems like the most op ability we have seen so far.
Hades is the one who tought her it so it figures....but still.....

Also, i get fairy sphere has been retconned just like law was. But, why were they able to open the sphere so far away from themselves? Why did the spell allow that? Who would design a 360 defense spell that can be cast....not on the person trying to defened....

Oh and step aside cana getting fairy glitter from the 1st and laxus knowing law is nothing. Lucy just mastered one of the 3 great fairy magics in 2 minuets.

Combine that feat with the fact lucy rewrote natsu's entre book and her star dress abilities.....has lucy always been this awesome?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#12 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

LOL I honestly don't even remember who this meredy gal is

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#13 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

LOL I honestly don't even remember who this meredy gal is

it was one of precht's minions if I remember correctly.

1Hh3Zj5.png

#14 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNot yet in a location

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Ooh, Meredy saved the day. 

Haven't said this in years: I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

#15 7godeohs

7godeohs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

Spirit Bomb + Falcon Punch = One Punch Man

#16 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

The chapter was satisfactory, I'm looking forward to the next one, I think it will most likely address the couples & possibly even marriages that occured after some time skip, similar to the ending of Naruto.

Edited by kenkage, 14 July 2017 - 08:48 PM.

1Hh3Zj5.png

#17 Kurapika

Kurapika

Bulma

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationCapsule Corp

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Meredy (basically) defeated Acnologia...seriously? The final villain basically got beat by MEREDY?

What the hell Mashima...11 years of me reading this series and a side character is the key to end it all. Sure. Fine.

I'd say it can't get worse but...I don't think that's true anymore.

#18 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

I was pretty much right in that it would be the bonds of everyone that activates/makes Fairy Sphere work. 

Finally, we've come to the last chapter of FT and despite all of the BS that was this entire arc, I'll still be sad that it's ending. Next chapter we'll probably see the aftermath of the battle/confirmed pairings--as narrated by Lucy--and it'll probably end with Natsu and Lucy going on a quest. My only regret is that we didn't get to see Mystogan again ;_;

All in all, it's been a blast. Thanks for everything, Fairy Tail  :(

Edited by Fenrix, 15 July 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#19 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Ah, so here we are.

Mashima is a good writer of happy scenes therefore I expect the next, and last chapter, to be a good one.

Having said that, this might really be the last chance to scream at FT. But the fact is, I'm tired of that.

I remember when a friend of mine pushed me to read FT. I think the plot by then was around Deliora and Leon (their 1st meeting), so I pretty much accompanied FT from the start. And I can't find any other manga in which the quality of the plot dropped so hard.

Every arc had the same EXACT formula:

New OP enemies -> initial fear by FT -> friendship speech -> strongest enemy defeated by Natsu, second strongest by Erza.

Now, most mangas also follow this arc pattern, sure, but I think that the problem was that Mashima arcs weren't as big as, let's say Naruto or OP, and so the increase of power of successful enemies was more evident, and the BS usually needed to overcome them was more frequent.

While in OP you would have like 150 chapters between Enel and Lucci, that same amount of time in FT would lead to like 3 arcs, each with an increasingly stronger villain.

And it all culminated in this arc which was truly awful. I really dare anyone to show me that this arc had anything good.

- Due to motives explained above, no matter how strong the Spriggan were when introduced, we knew that they would amount to nothing. And having this realisation from that start really de-motivates someone to what is supposed to be last arc.

- Again, because this new enemy force had to be stronger than the previous, Mashima threw in a 1M army that really didn't did anything besides dying (they were like the power-rangers minions).

- Mavis was introduced as an amazing strategist, but if you read this arc again, the only moment she addressed her troops was to literally say, in giant ghost form: don't give up. This was really the best Mashima could do.

- There's many more things to talk about, but finally, the two main villains, Zeref and Acno. Damn. I have to say they were my biggest disappointment in FT. I remember when Zeref was mentioned back in the old beginnings of FT, just his name would inspire fear. But the character development he had was so weak, and the way the aimed to execute his plan so... bland, so, not-interesting, so full of holes, so not worthy of the character that he was supposed to be. Acno at least did some damages back in Tenrou island, and his initial confrontation and story with Gildartz made him slightly more menacing, but that's it. Apart from that he always spit the same "argh I want to destroy and kill" speech. And with all the backstory between these two characters, and all that they talked about each other, we sadly didn't even got to saw them interact...

The only way I would be slightly entertained in the ending, would've been if it was a 3 way battle between Acno x Zeref x Natsu. But Mashima didn't had the skills to pull this off. He even had to divide the arc into sub-arcs: first defeat Zeref, with the first punch that Natsu lands on him; second, Acno, also with the first punch that Natsu manages to land on him. I want you all to realise that these were the exact thoughts that Mashima had and considered worthy to end his manga.

Let that sink in.

Phew, last review I hope. But really, there's no way he can fuck up the next chapter, right?

... Right?

• Blackody, Madara D Dragon and KUROkami like this

#20 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

Mashima really could never come up with a better finishing then BIG PAWNCH!

• JDG973 likes this

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users