Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

7955a4e75b181079ebaba13a317566d9.png

Character Info

Shigaraki Tomura is a villain and one of the main antagonists of the Ultimate Space & Jams Arc. His goal is to kill All Might "The Symbol of Peace."

Thread to discuss about the main Antagonist for BnHA.

Edited by Grimmjagger, 21 July 2017 - 01:29 PM.

fcfe04fad68d4aafcb09c9c667b48dcf.jpeg

"We are not your kind."

#2 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

"Dat ass"

• eemo23 and Grimmjagger like this

#3 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

His mental instability makes him an interesting villain so I look forward to learning more about him.

• eemo23, Strobacaxi and Grimmjagger like this

#4 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

Anybody think that it is possible that the yakuzas will fall under Shiragaki's hands? Would be a good turn of event.

"We are not your kind."

#5 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

Anybody think that it is possible that the yakuzas will fall under Shiragaki's hands? Would be a good turn of event.

That' what I thought before... Before this chapter. Seeing Overhaul so damaged and Deku just appearing, It might be the time when Deku fights his definitive battle against Overhaul and when Deku is about to get beaten by a severly weakened Overhaul... Twice appears and stabs him on the face like "Sorry mate, I was ordered to clear up the mess I caused by taking you to the Villain aliance. We'll take good care of your bullets and that girl, though"

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#6 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

That' what I thought before... Before this chapter. Seeing Overhaul so damaged and Deku just appearing, It might be the time when Deku fights his definitive battle against Overhaul and when Deku is about to get beaten by a severly weakened Overhaul... Twice appears and stabs him on the face like "Sorry mate, I was ordered to clear up the mess I caused by taking you to the Villain aliance. We'll take good care of your bullets and that girl, though"

Chisaki is well designed by Hiroshiki, it'll be a waste to kill him right off his first fight.

I think Shiragaki can form an alliance easily wiith Chisaki if he promise to keep the Yakuza boss safe.

"We are not your kind."

#7 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

Chisaki is well designed by Hiroshiki, it'll be a waste to kill him right off his first fight.

I think Shiragaki can form an alliance easily wiith Chisaki if he promise to keep the Yakuza boss safe.

Completelt agree with it, it's just that seeing Mirio corner him that much on the first Chisaki fight we've seen made me feel like he might even lose now.
  • Grimmjagger likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:15 AM

The only way I see Chisaki allying himself with Shigaraki, is if that he demands to be equal partners with him.

Chisaki is way too prideful, likes to be his own boss, nor the type of guy that would take kindly to being ordered around - to be one of Shigaraki's followers instead imo.
  • Chillman likes this

#9 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

Ive been thinking this for awhile but Ive been waiting for the story to prove me wrong but it hasnt. This guy sucks!

Like as a main villain wat does he have to offer? He’s not particularly strong, not particularly smart, not particularly charismatic, he doesnt seem to have any redeeming quality wat so ever that would make him a good villian

The only actual redeeming quality is the fact that AFO believes in him. Thats the only things that’s gotten him this far. And even AFO jus wants him to be the one to overthrow the heros jus because of who Tomura’s mother is rather then some innate quality Tomura posses. Jus for the sake of the cruel irony that the previous top hero’s son was the one to mess stuff up.

Even the arguement that the whole series is about him growing and getting stronger as a villain, jus as Deku is getting stronger as a hero, doesn’t really hold water jus cause he hasnt shown any real progression throughout the whole manga. Nor has he shown any kind of potential of progression either. I guess he’s made a few more friends and has had some good one liners but overall he’s not getting better as a villian. Deku is getting stronger every arc whle Tomura is jus as strong as he was at the beginning of the manga. They’re at least supposed to be growing strong simultaneously, if they fought right now Deku would wipe the floor with him easily. Theres no real tension as a villian with him right now.

So far every villain we’ve seen has been better then him and every way. And i dont think just mental instability and creepiness makes for a good villain

Edited by PunkHazard, 12 May 2018 - 11:48 AM.

#10 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

Ive been thinking this for awhile but Ive been waiting for the story to prove me wrong but it hasnt. This guy sucks!

Like as a main villain wat does he have to offer? He’s not particularly strong, not particularly smart, not particularly charismatic, he doesnt seem to have any redeeming quality wat so ever that would make him a good villian

The only actual redeeming quality is the fact that AFO believes in him. Thats the only things that’s gotten him this far. And even AFO jus wants him to be the one to overthrow the heros jus because of who Tomura’s mother is rather then some innate quality Tomura posses. Jus for the sake of the cruel irony that the previous top hero’s son was the one to mess stuff up.

Even the arguement that the whole series is about him growing and getting stronger as a villain, jus as Deku is getting stronger as a hero, doesn’t really hold water jus cause he hasnt shown any real progression throughout the whole manga. Nor has he shown any kind of potential of progression either. I guess he’s made a few more friends and has had some good one liners but overall he’s not getting better as a villian. Deku is getting stronger every arc whle Tomura is jus as strong as he was at the beginning of the manga. They’re at least supposed to be growing strong simultaneously, if they fought right now Deku would wipe the floor with him easily. Theres no real tension as a villian with him right now.

So far every villain we’ve seen has been better then him and every way. And i dont think just mental instability and creepiness makes for a good villain

I think he has made some progress. Attempting to expand his relations is one that come to mind (ok granted he ended up betraying Yakuza but I think that is because he didn't trust them + they killed Magne)

Also I disagree the part that Deku would wipe the floor with him. Shigaraki was fast enough to bliz Bakugo, Todoroki and Deku at Villain Alliances invasion, I don't see Deku being that fast yet but Shigaraki won't be able to bliz him anymore
  • Raiden and Chillman like this

17.jpg

#11 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

I think he has made some progress. Attempting to expand his relations is one that come to mind (ok granted he ended up betraying Yakuza but I think that is because he didn't trust them + they killed Magne)

Also I disagree the part that Deku would wipe the floor with him. Shigaraki was fast enough to bliz Bakugo, Todoroki and Deku at Villain Alliances invasion, I don't see Deku being that fast yet but Shigaraki won't be able to bliz him anymore

its funny u mention the thing wit th overhaul and the yakuza cause i jus reread those chapters. He never had any intention of having a real conversation with overhaul about Collaborating. He wanted Overhaul to come in and drop to the floor and beg him to let the yakuza join the VA like a spoiled brat. It was an childish endeavor on his part

Wait wen did he blitz them during that arc? I don’t remember that at all......

#12 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

its funny u mention the thing wit th overhaul and the yakuza cause i jus reread those chapters. He never had any intention of having a real conversation with overhaul about Collaborating. He wanted Overhaul to come in and drop to the floor and beg him to let the yakuza join the VA like a spoiled brat. It was an childish endeavor on his part

Wait wen did he blitz them during that arc? I don’t remember that at all......

The first part I give you since you've read it last. I stand corrected.

The bliz wad better shown in manga but the situation was right before All Might fought the first Noumu (or whatever those artificial quirk users are supposed to be called, the first season in anime ended with that)

17.jpg

#13 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

Oh i thought u was talking about Wats happening in the anime right now.

Then i gotta say that was before Deku even learned how to use his power throughout his whole body. Deku is way stronger now then he was then. Waaaay faster and has way more experience then back then. So i still think Deku would destroy Tomura right now. Deku beat overhaul and i think we can all agree that Overhaul would destroy Tomura easily.

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:36 AM

Oh i thought u was talking about Wats happening in the anime right now.

Then i gotta say that was before Deku even learned how to use his power throughout his whole body. Deku is way stronger now then he was then. Waaaay faster and has way more experience then back then. So i still think Deku would destroy Tomura right now. Deku beat overhaul and i think we can all agree that Overhaul would destroy Tomura easily.

Yeah I agree Overhaul would win Shigaraki easily but that's mainly because Overhauls quirk counters Shigarakis. Also Deku only won against Overhaul when he used 100% OfA with Eri healing him constantly.

And yeah that bliz was indeed before Deku learned Full Cowl for example but
1. Does OfA affect your senses? Genuine question, I have no idea.
2. Deku wasn't the only one blized, Todoroki and Bakugo were blized too and atleast in Deku vs Bakugo fight Deku wasn't fast enough to bliz Bakugo. Sure Deku is stronger now than he was before and might be able to win against Shigaraki, but I still wouldn't call that "wiping the floor"

17.jpg

#15 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

I jus reread that arc your referring to(well i blasted through it jus to find that part) but i didnt see the part where he blitzed those three. All this time i thought i wqs jus forgetting something but i didnt see it. Wen did it happen? Wat chapter exactly?

Regardless of that I still disagree that deku or kachan is anywhere near as strong as they were back then. Thats the only feat tomura would have but we’ve seen how incredible and developed deku and them have become. I dont think theres even a comparison to mr hands one dimensional fighting style of jus tryin to touch his opponent and the hero’s development fighting style. Tomura hasnt even shown any feats to argue for him really. If that scene did happen that was one time over 160 chapters ago. Its not even a remotely equal comparison

#16 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

http://ww1.readheroa...mia-chapter-17/

Found the chapter. And apologies, it wasn't Bakugo and Todoroki Shigaraki blized, it was Deku and Tsuyu. And there he was fast enough to not leave Tsuyu any time to react to Shigarakis hand.

About his fighting style it might be dull and straightforward but with quirk like that, does it need to be more complicated?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 13 May 2018 - 03:49 PM.

17.jpg

#17 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

I dont even think that scene proves anything. This was the first time they dealt with villians and was frozen to the point they couldn’t react in time. Not to mention they were taken off guard. Again the Deku from back then is vastly different from the deku now. There's no way the same thing would happen. Not even close. He would obliterate Tomura as soon as he lept to attack. U cant compare all of deku’s speed and power feats to that one scene with tomura and think it is even close to being equal

And its not necessarily about his fighting style. Its about his overall prowess. If he was an expert at hand to hand combat, or was super quick or anything like that then he would be a force to be reckoned with, Like stain. But he’s none of those things. He doesn’t even use his quirk in creative and flexible ways like Overhaul. He’s a kid that runs towards u with his hands out hoping to touch u.

#18 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

I get the debating and all, but lets face it, Tomura will be a match for Deku when the time comes. Be it smarts or overwhelming power, Deku will be forced to go all out to defeat him.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

#19 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:06 AM

I get the debating and all, but lets face it, Tomura will be a match for Deku when the time comes. Be it smarts or overwhelming power, Deku will be forced to go all out to defeat him.

i dont doubt that but my problem with that is that the way things are looking itll jus be an asspull by the aurthor. With no build up or progression, if they were to fight and somehow they were equal it would be terrible writing. He has to show Tomura getting stronger or smarter and not jus drop it out the sky for us to feel satisfied. Cause itll jus make it look like all the training Deku did was for nothing.

And not to mention there would be no excitement or tension for that fight. To build up hype for that fight he has to show us something for us to want to see it.

Jus like naruto and sasuke, they both got stronger in every arc, gained many feats with every new opponent they faced and we got to see all of it. So by the time the end of the series came around it made us sit at the edge of our seats for that fight. We were interested in how they would deal with eachothers assortment of abilities and attacks. All of that is jus good build up and story telling.

It was the Same as with Griffith and Guts, luffy and BLackBeard, zetman and that superhero guy and etc all did it right

Again My hero has to to do at least something similar for us to care about that fight later.

#20 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

How is he not developing Shiragaki as getting smarter? It's too early to say he won't be getting stronger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users