#21 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

i dont doubt that but my problem with that is that the way things are looking itll jus be an asspull by the aurthor. With no build up or progression, if they were to fight and somehow they were equal it would be terrible writing. He has to show Tomura getting stronger or smarter and not jus drop it out the sky for us to feel satisfied. Cause itll jus make it look like all the training Deku did was for nothing.

And not to mention there would be no excitement or tension for that fight. To build up hype for that fight he has to show us something for us to want to see it.

Jus like naruto and sasuke, they both got stronger in every arc, gained many feats with every new opponent they faced and we got to see all of it. So by the time the end of the series came around it made us sit at the edge of our seats for that fight. We were interested in how they would deal with eachothers assortment of abilities and attacks. All of that is jus good build up and story telling.

It was the Same as with Griffith and Guts, luffy and BLackBeard, zetman and that superhero guy and etc all did it right

Again My hero has to to do at least something similar for us to care about that fight later.

How was Blackbeard and Griffith done right? both are major asspulls, sure both had some power, but just suddenly without any forewarning or hint became really strong, and in Blackbeards case we still have no idea how he stole WB power.

Seeing how much Horikoshi loves western comics, i feel like Tomura will end up as MHA's Joker as he tends to follow that path.

• Chillman likes this

#22 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:48 AM

How is he not developing Shiragaki as getting smarter? It's too early to say he won't be getting stronger.

i cant see how he’s getting smarter. At least not enough for him to be a real threat. And as for stronger, he could definitely get stronger from this point on, but seeing how deku has been getting stronger this whole time it wouldnt make much sense if they were all of the sudden equal in strength. At least without some major asspull or random powerup. At this point its hard to imagine the aurthor being able to power him up to deku lvl without it be ridiculous

How was Blackbeard and Griffith done right? both are major asspulls, sure both had some power, but just suddenly without any forewarning or hint became really strong, and in Blackbeards case we still have no idea how he stole WB power.

Seeing how much Horikoshi loves western comics, i feel like Tomura will end up as MHA's Joker as he tends to follow that path.

cause at least we see both of then getting stronger throughout the course of the manga. Every arc Griffth’s army becomes bigger and stronger and his henchmen become more developed. We’re slowly seeing how strong Griffith is becoming all before his eventual final clash with guts. Every action his character takes moves the plot and serves to hype him.

With BB we saw him gather his crew and become stronger by getting 2 DFs. It made us wonder how luffy would fight him, but then we see gear 4 and it makes a little more sense. Next we saw that BB is a yonkou and beat Marco then we saw how Luffy’s COO became stronger and he also became a emperor. Its that back and forth that hypes up their eventual fight. We don’t actually have to see BB training for us to see his progression. We know he’s getting stronger at the same time as luffy(at least hype wise). So it makes sense and gets us excited for their future fight.

Tomura has none of that. Deku has developed in every way while Tomura has been stagnant, hype wise and otherwise.

Would be lame if Tomura was jus a joker like character to me. That mean we wouldnt have the gigantic epic clash at the end of the series like with most shonen.

Edited by PunkHazard, 15 May 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#23 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:52 AM

jus because of who Tomura’s mother is

His Mother? You mean his grandmother; Nana Shimura? The mentor of All Might?

Cause I must be drawing a blank or something, but I don't recall anything about his "Mother."

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#24 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

His Mother? You mean his grandmother; Nana Shimura? The mentor of All Might?

Cause I must be drawing a blank or something, but I don't recall anything about his "Mother."

thought she was his mother. But yea grandmother. The rest of the sentence was plenty of context to know who i was talking about tho

Edited by PunkHazard, 15 May 2018 - 01:15 PM.

#25 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Do y'all find it surprising that I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with Tomura?  :aww:

• Tom Ace and Raiden like this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#26 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:02 PM

Do y'all find it surprising that I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with Tomura?  :aww:

Nope.  :xD:

i cant see how he’s getting smarter. At least not enough for him to be a real threat. And as for stronger, he could definitely get stronger from this point on, but seeing how deku has been getting stronger this whole time it wouldnt make much sense if they were all of the sudden equal in strength. At least without some major asspull or random powerup. At this point its hard to imagine the aurthor being able to power him up to deku lvl without it be ridiculous

cause at least we see both of then getting stronger throughout the course of the manga. Every arc Griffth’s army becomes bigger and stronger and his henchmen become more developed. We’re slowly seeing how strong Griffith is becoming all before his eventual final clash with guts. Every action his character takes moves the plot and serves to hype him.

With BB we saw him gather his crew and become stronger by getting 2 DFs. It made us wonder how luffy would fight him, but then we see gear 4 and it makes a little more sense. Next we saw that BB is a yonkou and beat Marco then we saw how Luffy’s COO became stronger and he also became a emperor. Its that back and forth that hypes up their eventual fight. We don’t actually have to see BB training for us to see his progression. We know he’s getting stronger at the same time as luffy(at least hype wise). So it makes sense and gets us excited for their future fight.

Tomura has none of that. Deku has developed in every way while Tomura has been stagnant, hype wise and otherwise.

Would be lame if Tomura was jus a joker like character to me. That mean we wouldnt have the gigantic epic clash at the end of the series like with most shonen.

I guess we will have to disagree, cause i do not find any hype in OP at the moment, and i haven't even read Berserk for about a year. Yet for me and many others MHA can take characters like Miro, Overhaul, Sir, Stain, Kirishima, Ari, Gentle, LoveLover and within an incredibly short time frame make us be completely engrossed by them.

Hell people everywhere were going on about how Miro should be the main hero after a few chapters! 

• Raiden and Godpachi like this

#27 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

Nope. :xD:

I guess we will have to disagree, cause i do not find any hype in OP at the moment, and i haven't even read Berserk for about a year. Yet for me and many others MHA can take characters like Miro, Overhaul, Sir, Stain, Kirishima, Ari, Gentle, LoveLover and within an incredibly short time frame make us be completely engrossed by them.

Hell people everywhere were going on about how Miro should be the main hero after a few chapters!

wait why are u sayin this? I love every character u mentioned. I was only talking shit about Tomura. Every other character is done well and the manga itself is almost perfect. I wasn’t arguing against that at all. My only beef is with Tomura Shiragaki as a character.

Im suprised u say that u dont find any hype in OP right now especially after luffy jus basically became a emperor. But as for Berserk, theres only been about 1 or 3 chapters in the last year so you haven’t missed much

#28 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

wait why are u sayin this? I love every character u mentioned. I was only talking shit about Tomura. Every other character is done well and the manga itself is almost perfect. I wasn’t arguing against that at all. My only beef is with Tomura Shiragaki as a character.

Im suprised u say that u dont find any hype in OP right now especially after luffy jus basically became a emperor. But as for Berserk, theres only been about 1 or 3 chapters in the last year so you haven’t missed much

My point was that in only a few chapters Horikoshi can make us fall for any character he wants, yet you still have doubts about Tomura and how his story will unfold.

I thought Luffy's fight against Dogtooth was great, but after years of reading it i have a good feeling how it will go > save oppressed people from evil powers> party like its 1997 > save kidnapped friend > repeat. It's a safe bet to say that the next arc will involve saving someone or freeing people from oppression, and that bores me, though i do hope for something different.

Yeah i think the last chapter i read of Berserk was when they got to the fairy forest to cure Casca. 

#29 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

I'm surprised it's not All Might and Erasure Head.

• Godpachi likes this

#30 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

My point was that in only a few chapters Horikoshi can make us fall for any character he wants, yet you still have doubts about Tomura and how his story will unfold.

I thought Luffy's fight against Dogtooth was great, but after years of reading it i have a good feeling how it will go > save oppressed people from evil powers> party like its 1997 > save kidnapped friend > repeat. It's a safe bet to say that the next arc will involve saving someone or freeing people from oppression, and that bores me, though i do hope for something different.

Yeah i think the last chapter i read of Berserk was when they got to the fairy forest to cure Casca.

i see wat u mean but that still that doesn’t excuse the lackluster job thats been done with Tomura so far. If the author can save his character then i can give him the benefit of the doubt in the long run but that doesnt mean i like him as of now. Since he’s shown me no reason to consider him a great or even good character for his role. And the fact that I have to rely on the aurthor making him a good character eventually jus seems messed up for a main villain.

I agree that the formula for OP is pretty mich the same every major arc. Even wano isnt goin to be different since they’re goin to free those oppressed people too. Thats why ive always been the type to mostly care about the fights. Ive always said that I go to read OP for the punches and kicks, everything else js secondary. Thats why i can forgive all the formulaic stuff in favor of the awesome fights that we’ll see in wano.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users