Photo

Fairy Tail Chapter 545 Discussion (Final Chapter)

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Final chapter is out.

https://yonkouprod.c...en/0/545/page/1

It was okay, I am really disappointed a lot of the ships did not become canon. I can expect the bad fights, I don't really care, I don't read Fairy Tail for the battles, I read for the relationships, and Hiro disappointed me.

Natsu and Lucy nothing progressed. I wanted a massive time skip, I wanted them to be married, I wanted the Naruto ending, and Hiro wussed out.

On the bright side, Erza and Jellal that ship is sailing, Gajeel and Levy not only sailing, but might have a first mate, and the dark horse one Erik and Kianna, Crime Sorciere is doing pretty well.

I do think the epilogue with the other guilds and the royal capital was fine. I don't know why king Fliore resigned or why master Bob resigned but whatever. And Anna still around that is kind of weird. Lucy and Anna didn't have much of a bond in the series which is a waste.

And just like I predicated, they pulled a Might Guy with Makarov, he didn't die, but he can't walk, so we at least we have that, I just wish he would retire and we get a new guild master.

So Zeref and Mavis they are back, but not clear what circumstances, was this reincarnation or just memory erasing. If they were reincarnated, they time travel is involved, or they aged quickly after reincarnation like Sailor Saturn, but who knows. But I guess they get a happy ending, Lucy and the others know who they are, even though they don't.

Well if you expectation was everyone being married and have kids, well you be disappointed, but if you are lower expectation, it is a good enough ending.

Anyway thank you Hiro Mashima for 11 great years.

Edited by Magic Man, 21 July 2017 - 07:51 PM.

• eemo23 likes this

#2 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Meh

It's done, it's over, it's GARBAGE. 

• Petite Fleur, waleuska, Kaidou and 2 others like this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Couldn't even get one damn proper timeskip.....So much for seeing happy couples and babies

Edited by Tokoya, 21 July 2017 - 08:30 PM.

• waleuska and Blue22 like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

I thought it was a good ending. I feel satisfied with it and that is always my biggest question when a long running series like this ends. The series had its share of problems, especially in the second half when it became very frustrating in parts, but the final chapter went out on a good note to me. It sort of came full circle with Lucy getting an award for the novel she was writing throughout the series. I guess if you really wanted a big timeskip with them all married with kids you would be disappointed, but I never really expected that I guess. So just a one year timeskip didn't surprise me. 

The series did a lot of teasing with relationships for sure, but I don't think Lucy and Natsu falling in love and getting married was ever a real goal the series had, unlike with Haru and Elle in Rave. They will eventually get together I imagine, but the series was more about the guild, their friendships within it and the fun they had while together going on adventures, and it stuck to that here. 

Though my favorite relationship in the series was Laxus and Mira, which was an incredibly minor one, but I like that it got teased a bit more in the final chapter. It was also funny seeing Laxus getting teased with Lisanna (liked the call back to the head patting scene) and Cana who some also shipped him with. As for the main romances I don't feel like they need more confirmation. They feel pretty cemented to me at least. Natsu and Lucy are still together with him crashing in her house and dragging her to go on quests, Erza's feelings for Jellal feel a bit more secure, Zeref and Mavis got reincarnated into new people that met, Gajeel and Levy are expecting a baby, Erik and Kinana are dating, Evergreen and Elfman are still a couple, and Gray and Juvia seemingly are dating now too with him taking responsibility for her. Also it was nice to see the other FT guild members continuing on with their normal lives and the other guilds, Sabertooth, Lama Scale and Blue Pegasus get mentioned. Also nice to see Crime Sorciere getting pardoned by the new Queen of Fiore. Though other than Ultear coming back and being young again I would have liked to see Makarov stepping down as guild master and maybe someone like Laxus, Gildarts or Erza getting appointed as the new one, but Mashima just didn't seem to want to remove him. 

Still, to me the series was always at its best when Natsu, Lucy and their team were going on quests for the guild together, getting wrapped up in something along the way, and trying to work their way up to S Class. So the series ended with them going back to that, which I liked. Them stetting off to go on a quest together but this time it is the 100 Year Quest, which is another nice callback. I guess it shows how important they all are now to go on the type of quest that Gildarts was sent on. 

Mashima was always good about setting up arcs and characters, but so many of the arcs, especially in the second half, all basically turned into them trying to "save the world" from some new evil group and they would overcome them somehow with friendship. It felt very lazy when the same formula was repeated so often and I wish Mashima had taken a few more risks with the series. I guess that is why I always found the smaller arcs, like the Guild vs Guild, Fighting Festival, the S Class arcs, and the idea of a mage tournament and the S Class trial before they became something else, more interesting. 

TL;DR. I've been reading Fairy Tail for 10 of those 11 years it was in publication, and while I certainly got frustrated with it in parts there were other ones I really enjoyed and remember fondly. So it is a little bittersweet to see it end. Hopefully whatever Mashma works on next is entertaining. 

• RhyssaFireheart, eemo23, Fenrix and 2 others like this

#5 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

I'm between Narubi and Shin. The ending was fine but only because the rest was such low quality for such a long time. I like Mashima though because he had a great work ethic if nothing else.

• eemo23, Fenrix, masterbio and 1 other like this

HQeVEdo.png?3

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#6 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Agggh the sweetness, I think all my teeth rotted out & I got diabetes.

Jessu though, when Mashima said he wanted the ending to be happy he meant it. Dude literally fucked with logic just to make sure everything was a crystal happy ending with absolutely no consequences or pathos. That whole scene with Zeref & Mavis is a perfect example of that.

Well its over now though damn does everything feel artificial. These happy moments just don't feel genuine or earned sadly.

#7 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,246 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

Sad it's over, but to @Shin - told you Mira/Laxus wouldn't sail.  HA! :P   That was a bit funny with the ship callouts with Mira, Lisanna, and Cana though, lol!

I'm glad it didn't go the Naruto or Bleach routes and have big timeskips with kids and all.  This way felt much more natural and fitting.  I hated how the Naruto/Bleach relationships just.. were there.  Boom!  We have kids now.  FT's small time skip feels like the story is still continuing, even if we aren't going to be seeing any more of it.  The relationships are still forming even now and don't feel like they're being forced into being.

Overall, I enjoyed the ride over the past years and don't regret the ride at all.

• Shin likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#8 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

and don't regret the ride at all.

HA!!!

The denial is strong with you.

I bet if somebody tried to have you look back into it all, you'd run for the hills in no time, just so you wouldn't have to relive the horrors. :P

Edited by Narubi, 22 July 2017 - 01:42 AM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#9 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

@RhyssaFireheart

Hahaha, at least Laxus and Mira got mentioned. I would have liked more but I'm content with that. Although Mashima has to be a tease all the way to the end. xD

And yeah, I like how the end wasn't an end to their story set years later with them as adults with kids, but they are continuing on with their adventures. It's just we won't be along for the ride, for better or worse. 

• Chillman likes this

#10 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

The ending was very "fairytailish", almost like nothing happened and there you go, we set on another quest, see you next week.

Only this time there will be no next week.

#11 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:16 AM

So...they got reincarnated into 14~/17~ year old bodies...

...Sure. Makes sense. Fine.

But dang, 11 years I've followed it. It's fallen so far from when it started but I'll still miss it.

Just hope his next series is more RAVE like and less Fairy Tail like.

#12 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

I bet we did not get the ships completely confirmed was because the publisher forced Hiro to play it safe because of the backlash of endings of series like Bleach and Naruto. So lets blame the IchiRuki, the NaruSaku shippers in Japan, it is all their fault. Because you had to throw a temper tamperer like a bunch of babies, you ruined of my series.

#13 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

I bet we did not get the ships completely confirmed was because the publisher forced Hiro to play it safe because of the backlash of endings of series like Bleach and Naruto. So lets blame the IchiRuki, the NaruSaku shippers in Japan, it is all their fault. Because you had to throw a temper tamperer like a bunch of babies, you ruined of my series.

I doubt that's the case. Not even the same Magazine as Bleach or Naruto. Shouldn't affect it at all, this is just Mashima's style.

• Chillman likes this

#14 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Good ridance this POS has ended.

• ddboy102 likes this

#15 soccerislife

soccerislife

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationIn the darkness....No, seriously, anyone have a flashlight?

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

I shed some tears. It's sad to see it be done, but at the same time, I'm glad it is. I can't wait to see all of this in anime form. I'm proabably going to be balling tears.

Despite how bad the series got, I still feel like I developed a good feeling for most of the characters. I can honestly say that Mashima is great at making characters. Probably his best point as a writer in my opinion. He's just horrible at using them in a plot.

Edited by soccerislife, 22 July 2017 - 09:08 AM.

• azer_moli, Fenrix and Chillman like this

KUn5clI.jpg

Too lazy to change the sig. Found the avatar too hilarious to pass up though. xD

#16 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

Agggh the sweetness, I think all my teeth rotted out & I got diabetes.

Jessu though, when Mashima said he wanted the ending to be happy he meant it. Dude literally fucked with logic just to make sure everything was a crystal happy ending with absolutely no consequences or pathos. That whole scene with Zeref & Mavis is a perfect example of that.

Well its over now though damn does everything feel artificial. These happy moments just don't feel genuine or earned sadly.

How was there no consequence? Don't get me wrong, it's Fairy Tail, so you shouldn't expect those things in the first place, but what was wrong with the happy moments?

HA!!!

The denial is strong with you.

I bet if somebody tried to have you look back into it all, you'd run for the hills in no time, just so you wouldn't have to relive the horrors. :P

This might be hard for you to believe, but there are people who enjoy Fairy Tail. Even I do, despite my criticisms of it.

Anyway, Alvarez got screwed over here. They get dragged into a war by their bipolar king, lose half of their war council, along with their king and heirs, but somehow they're surviving as a kingdom? Who's leading it?

#17 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Ah, here we are. After so many years, quests and disappointments, we finally arrived at the end of FT.

I've ranted enough about how bad it was/got, so let's focus on the good side today.

Almost all ships were confirmed, but apart from Gajeel-Levy, none really advanced right? Well, Juvia eventually came around with Gray (finally), and the Natsu x Lucy thing was predictable, come on, they were teased a lot but a romance scene between them would be impossible since Happy is always around and kinda prevents the right mood.

Speaking of Happy, kinda sad that Mashima didn't joined him with Charle. Come on guys, they were meant for each other.

The rest of the country was ok, the guilds were fine, the kingdom was fine, etc. My only question is (and this will be my last rant): WHO IS NEGOTIATING FOR ALVAREZ?! All their wizards are dead! They're god emperor dead, they're super dragon sorceress dead, August dead, every single one that had any influence is dead! Why even bother to have good relationship with the empire if the empire is no more?

Also, that Makarov bs... man, Mashima really had a soft spot for the old man huh?

Well. That was it. I enjoyed FT as an overall. It had more downs that ups, but still it was decent :)

Now 2 questions:

1) Considering everything we know now about FT, should it ever have gained a position among the "Big 3" like it did?

2) When will Mashima start drawing hentai? the sooner he accepts his true call the happier we all get.

Thanks guys, so long, and see you in OP now.

#18 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

Who the hell is Erik?

• kenkage likes this

#19 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

I'm glad Natsu didn't kiss Lucy when he held her & instead just took her to a mission, Natsu always had this innocent boy nature, I think it just wouldn't look right if he suddenly started acting like batman.
  • Chillman and Saya like this

1Hh3Zj5.png

#20 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

HSKyQbb.png

Who the hell is Erik?

Cobra's real name. Kinana used to be his pet snake Kuberios, due to a curse by some dark wizard (explained in her guild card cover page, I think), but got turned back (don't remember how).

Or maybe that was sarcasm, in which case... :hurr:

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 22 July 2017 - 09:56 AM.

• kenkage likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users