Photo

Fairy Tail Chapter 545 Discussion (Final Chapter)

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 arcane_chaos

arcane_chaos

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationvelvet room

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

all I got out of this ending is Laxus is a fucking pimp and Wendy must've hear some shit going on in that guild! :perv:  overall it was an okay ending...and did Grey just sideline Juvia for a "100 year' quest!?!? Aye!

#23 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Cobra's real name. Kinana used to be his pet snake Kuberios, due to a curse by some dark wizard (explained in her guild card cover page, I think), but got turned back (don't remember how).

Nani?

#24 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

As far as plot is concerned, FT wasn't that that great.

The ships were okay too; We could have seen more, given that there was so much build up in the series. Seeing Lucy and Wendy overhear somethings were hilarious and seeing Happy scratch Lucy's medal was too good  :lolxg:

I really liked the last few pages of the chapter and although cliche, I liked the message. 

"I hope everyone can find it... Something as irreplaceable as Fairy Tail... And Beloved Friends."

That message is what will stick with me when I look back at Fairy Tail years from now. 

Sure, Fairy Tail wasn't the best. But fan service was great and I loved some of these character designs. And it was another series I could read every week, so for that I'm grateful.

Thanks Mashima! 

Edited by eemo23, 22 July 2017 - 11:08 AM.

• Chillman likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#25 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

One of my favorite mangas. Based on the plot style, it could go to a never ending sitcom, I mean sitman. But business is business, publishes need fresh blood.
It was fun. Thanks Mashima

#26 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

oh yeah I was counting with someone mentioning Acquarious key today, but guess it's just not that important now hey?

#27 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

FT is what it is. IMO, the reason why Mashima didn't do Weddings/Next Generation Children/Etc. is because relationships was never the actual 'center' of the series unlike Naruto and maybe even Bleach. If anything FT is(was) like One Piece's 'center' in that 'relationships' was secondary to the actual 'center'. So what is the 'center' of FT and OP? Its the 'Journey'. FT and OP are more about getting from Point A to Point B and the events that happen between the two points. . .by taking an extremely long route.

• Chillman likes this

Posted Image

#28 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

Nani?

Found it. Here it is:

Spoiler

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 22 July 2017 - 12:32 PM.

• eemo23 likes this

#29 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

I am...legitimately sad...for two reasons.

1. Because the final chapter was nothing that I expected it to be

2. Fairy Tail is actually over :(

I know this series has gotten a lot of shit over the years (shit that even I can agree with sometimes) but, honestly, I was just way too in love with this story to care. It was just...such a fun ride from start to finish (even if the finish wasn't as good as it could have been), with fun characters and fun stories. I will legitimately miss tuning in every week for new chapters.

Thank you, Hiro. For the wonderful experience :^_^:

• azer_moli, Shin, eemo23 and 3 others like this

#30 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

The ending was very "fairytailish", almost like nothing happened and there you go, we set on another quest, see you next week.

Only this time there will be no next week.

Wow, reading that made me super sad  :(

Welp, we finally made it to the final chapter. Even though towards the end it got kind of shitty, I will forever remember the happiness and excitement that FT gave me over these past several years. Really enjoyed getting to know the characters and their bonds with each other, no matter how cliché it got. One last disappointment I have tho is that I wished we got to see that solid NaLu moment whether it had been a simple kiss (I admit, that would have been out of character for both Natsu and Lucy) or a flash forward to their kid going on quests. 

Thank you Hiro Mashima for the years! 

#31 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

As FT is at last over and done with, hopefully Hiro's next serialized work is Starbiter Satsuki; the one-shot was pretty good, and the protagonist, very likeable IMO.

Edited by Moon_Hermit, 22 July 2017 - 02:34 PM.

• Fiore Harvenheit and Chillman like this

#32 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

RIP FT, i will always remember you for the fanservice. :aww:

#33 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

I came as soon as I heard.

Although I stop reading after Erza bs win against that explosion user I still have a deep seated hatred for this manga.

Its ending got me like

tumblr_o7p50nDH481u2klrwo1_400.gif

• retroluffy13 likes this

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#34 Sovereign

Sovereign

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationStar Haven

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Finally glad this shit is over. 

Gruvia was somewhat canon now, so that's good.

Will admit to miss this manga at it's good times, but this last arc really soured my opinion on this manga. So good job hiro, in ending it.

Edited by Sovereign, 22 July 2017 - 04:48 PM.

gray_fullbuster_by_darkangelmaik-d35f9vi

#35 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

Well... that was that. FT stopped being interesting to me some time during the Grand Magic Games, after that, I just read it because it was available and I generally don't want to drop series I've already spent some time with. It dragged long, but at least, it ended on the promised main villains and heard the shot that it was time to stop. Not all manga manage to do that ^^ Still, how many times did Makarov die again? How many hyped villains got defeated by a punch in the face in the end? How much exposition got dumped for fanservice? Eh, whatever, the ending itself was fine. I like happy endings.

(What has to be recommended though is Mashima's work pace. He really pumps out pages and chapters at an insane speed)

Edited by Oben, 22 July 2017 - 04:50 PM.

• Chillman likes this

#36 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Painfully dry ending, only moment that was close to touching was Lucy thinking about everything that happened between her and Natsu.

Didn't think this would be possible at this point, but Mashima still managed to let me down.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#37 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Cliche as it is, I kinda wish we did get a Naruto/Bleach/Harry Potter style ending, where there's a big time skip and everyones married with kids. I appreciate the intent of the ending we got. But it was just...really boring
  • Phenomiracle and Moon_Hermit like this

#38 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Wished there was a callback to Cats and Mystogun arc

Goodbye Fairy Tail. The only series that had actual multi chapters per weeks in a row.

#39 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

@ddboy102 ddboy my boy you need a man in your life. You're severely vitamin d deficient.
  • ddboy102 likes this

#40 Rimi

Rimi

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

Good night Lucy Heartfilia. You will always be my first and most favorite of all waifus, queen of the oppais. 

• Chillman likes this

ms6WwFj.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users