#1 JK17

JK17

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA- West Coast

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Greetings everyone, I am Jade and I am new to Manga! I've know about it for years and had been wondering where to start on this massive genre. The artwork is superb and out of this world, and I have always head great appreciation an reverence to those who create such imaginative and life-like art!

It was a few months ago in May when I stumbled upon an analysis video on a character from a favorite RPG that greatly captured my interest that I decided to watch the youtubers other videos. One of them was about a Manga series known as Berserk. The video did contain spoilers, but that didn't matter, everything I heard and the scans that were shown blew me away like only a few other things have done in my life! I immediately bough the first volume on Amazon and was quite eager to get it. Once in my hands from the first few pages I was hooked! And before I continued I purchased Volumes 2-4. One finished with the first volume I knew I had stumbled upon something extraordinary. I just had to have the entire set. Thankfully it was my birthday and I spent every cent collecting the series - and I did some extra chores around the house and just over a month from getting the first volume I had all 38 volumes, nicely stacked together on my shelf and displayed proudly! And yes, I also finished reading them all. I am currently re-reading again, but in a much slower pace to fully appreciate the artwork and scope of the series.

Although I am currently broke, lol, I am searching for others in the genre to get interested in and compiling a wish-list for future purchases! I've watched many youtube videos about other readers and their recommendations. Attack on Titan looks interesting and maybe my next one to read... But I look forward to finding suggestions on this site.

Berserk was my first (and will always be my favorite), but I consider myself a fan of the genre and am eager to discover what amazing artwork and stories I will be embarking on :) This is another one of those phenomenon successes in our world and I'm glad to be apart of it!

#2 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Survive for a week and I'll be your friend.

#3 JK17

JK17

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

huh? Sorry, don't understand.

#4 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hello. Welcome to OMF. 

If your looking for good suggestions on future manga's. Then I'll throw out these nice titles. 

Fullmetal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin
DeathNote
Hellsing
Black Lagoon
Shin Angyo Onshi
Battle Royale
Basilisk
Akira

Look them up and see if they catch your interest. If not and there's a specific story type your looking for in a manga, then I suggest you go to the "Manga Recommendation" thread. There you can ask for suggestions about manga's that are of a certain genre, etc. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#5 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Step in all you want! Welcome aboard.

272ecbe7a15c9ee0895d58afdda12601.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#6 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

huh? Sorry, don't understand.

That's a bad sign.

#7 JK17

JK17

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

@Narubi

Thanks for the welcome and the list! And yes, I will be checking out the recommendation thread, thanks :)

• Narubi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users