Posted Image

#2 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

Another garbage chapter.

Seriously is there any need for Oda to pointlessly drag this arc out for?

By showing unnecessary crap like Sanji and Pudding to bake a damned cake  to stall off Big Mum.  Seriously, how lame is that.

But then again its fitting that this arc is getting a lame finish, a garbage finish to a mediocre arc.   This hasn't been well written or exciting.  Imo this arc has been terrible from start to finish.

Edited by Baks, 24 August 2017 - 06:20 AM.

• dbgetblack, durra072, Red Opus and 1 other like this

#3 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

Well, so as expected the lightning did nothing to BM who didn't even use hardening to protect herself

I dunno why they actually thought that was gonna be the end of that lol

I hate Pudding's character. It's not even funny.

I feel like Oda's really stretching this cake thing, does it really take so much time to handle this situation

And Brook is confirmed to be especially good against the minions.

I don't understand why Katakuri and Perospero are just waiting there though, Brook and Chopper could be dead already

Edited by Strobacaxi, 24 August 2017 - 06:21 AM.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#4 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,144 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:22 AM

That was... ok, I guess. It would be nice if Pudding doesn't maintain this personality, or at least not swinging that often. It's fine as a character quirk for a NN, but only in doses (like Brook's Skull Jokes). Hopefully baking the cake doesn't take too long, and we can have the proper bossfight of this arc (Luffy vs. Katakuri).

I don't understand why Katakuri and Perospero are just waiting there though, Brook and Chopper could be dead already

Katakuri is waiting for Luffy specifically, and probably doesn't want to be caught off guard when he arrives. Not sure about Perospero.

#5 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

So now Pudding as the personality of Zeref only without the emo, she is helping out but Sanji sorry when this is over we are going to have lock your bride up somewhere or at least sent her to a mental institution she is too unstable. I advice sleeping with one eye open Sanji.

That being said the chase continues and Jimbei you better not die, Brock he damage Big Mom before, let's see what he can do.

So cooking time, where is the at 4Kids music, I think now would be a good time as any for the cooking montage song.

#6 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

I liked this chapter. Various reasons:

• Yonkou crew thinks attack almost identical to El Thor (down to after-effects which are indicative of power :^_^: ) is a Yonkou-level attack. Praise Eneru.
  • Pudding is hilarious. I know that this chapter was overloaded with her antics, but it worked for me.
  • Brooke continues to be badass. It's just so unusual to see him doing things, but this arc has been really good for him.

Last chapter wasn't quite as interesting (aside from Eneru hype), but this one actually had some developments.

• DaEvilWithin, Raiden, denimdragon and 1 other like this

#7 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

Who this Zeref guy ya refering too, Magic?

#8 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

Who this Zeref guy ya refering too, Magic?

Fairy Tail's version of Uchiha Madara

#9 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

Oh, I personally don't read FT btw - I dropped it just after the Orocan Seis arc since i got fed up of all the bs and asspulls in that series.

Edited by Baks, 24 August 2017 - 06:38 AM.

• dbgetblack likes this

#10 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Yonkou crew thinks attack almost identical to El Thor (down to after-effects which are indicative of power  ) is a Yonkou-level attack. Praise Eneru.

LOL

The yonkou herself was completely unphazed by the attack, so i wouldn't say it's anything remotely close to a yonkou-level attack.

Also, Perospero just said that bolt was enough to beat the SHs he never said anything about it being a yonkou-level attack

And last chapter all that was said was that Mama used the bolt to finish them off, there was nothing implying it was anything special.

#11 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

Well, I liked this chapter somehow.

1. Big mom is a definite monster. Damn, doesn't even have a scratch on her.
2. Didn't expect this love-love from pudding. Reminded me of boa and luffy.
3. Brook acting serious. Katakuri actually praising him.
4. Zeus still wants some ;)

But big mom being subdued by the cake just seems very dull end to the arc for me. Is this the high point of sanji's year?

So we won't get to know how luffy stands against a yonkou after all.
Atleast he gets to fight katakuri hopefully.

And jimbei is the scapegoat till the cake is ready. Jimbei's sacrifice.
  • Raiden likes this

#12 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

So we won't get to know how luffy stands against a yonkou after all.

He's running away from one when he has several capable fighters with great counters to her ability by his side, he keeps being impressed by her strength and endurance.

I think it's safe to say he stands bellow a yonkou

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:52 AM

One Piece's own brand of tsundere LOL

Wow, Mama's not even hurt. Either her durability is off the chart or she has healing ability using the soul fruit.

Yep, they will make cake. The development that we all foresee. Sanji's badass face, the kind that is normally saved for the last panel of a chapter to hype next chapter, is because he's gonna bake/cook, not fight. We should understand Oda's vision of Sanji's character already. Still, when will I be able to see his good fight? Hichic

So Pepsro thought a bolt of lightning of that caliber is enough to end Luffy's party (including Luffy who just beat DD (at least to BM pirates' knowledge), Jinbe another Shichibukai and Pedro a more-than-300-million pirate). Who knows he may even mean under that bolt of lightning even he or anyone cannot come back. Heck, CurrentLuffy is stunned by that firepower. And you heretics don't believe Enel-sama is New World material just because Luffy happened to have the perfect fruit against God. How pathetic! Go educate yourself, the mass!

Yonkou crew thinks attack almost identical to El Thor (down to after-effects which are indicative of power :^_^: ) is a Yonkou-level attack. Praise Eneru.

I think it's much stronger than El Thor. More like Sango level. The hole is deeper and much bigger.

LOL

The yonkou herself was completely unphazed by the attack, so i wouldn't say it's anything remotely close to a yonkou-level attack.

I don't know if it's Yonkou-level attack but for all we know BM wouldn't be hurt by even other Yonkiral's attack (and can only be beaten by other means like tying up with sea stone or whatever. She may even be the closest thing to Kaidou in all of One Piece) so your reason is not logical.

Also I think Tale was referring  to the homie on the first page (the cover page not counted). He said ''that blast, they might have all been completely destroyed'' which means he thought that attack could end BM=> Yonkou-level attack. Which is wrong, yeah.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#14 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,988 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

I don't know what alle the fuzz is about. Yeah shure Oda could have ended the arc with the SH escaping after the tower collapsed and Big Mu  went in a tantrum after her own people but since Oda went in a diffrent direction I guess that it will have some kind of relevance for the future. SO for now I would just wait and see wether it's time wasting or has indeed a deeper meaning behind it.

Overall it's not a bad chapter. I like the humor with pudding, that's typical for OP. I like that Chopper and Brook stand their Ground alone agaist all those fighters of Big Mum. I like how BM isn't even fazed by that huge lightning attack that hit her. Shows how durable yonkous are at the very least.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#15 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

Btw, Enel-sama doesn't need this chapter to have Yonkou-level attack. He already showed that with the shit he destroyed in Skypiea. Offense-wise Enel-sama can be Yonkiral. He suffers from lack of knowledge and piss poor durability/endurance by curent standard but still. I keep my opinion that Enel-sama is at least Top Yonkou Commander level. With knowledge and CoA say hello to new Yonkiral! :meditate:

#16 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

Well..... the good cover story was fun while it lasted.....

I hate sai. He is the worst. He is ugly as hell, and he is from the country of flowers, i get it in japan flowers arnt as womanly as they are here....but in America.... you might as well call his country the land of ponies and rainbows.

Thats some crazy fire power? Luffy you saw enel take ouy several city blocks and destroy an entire island.....but ya that right there was some fire power......

Idk i thought the sh crew would assume BM's homies cant hurt her. Surely moria's shadows cant hurt him.... magellan's poison wouldnt hurt him... w/e It could of gone either way, but their surprise is not the correct response.
The correct response is a sigh then someone saying "well it was worth a try"
not "how could it be?!?!? Bms own powers didbt kill her?!?! Impossible!!!"

She is going to tear through the earth itself!!!!!! Have we seen luffy do that twice already? Yes we have!!

Where did zeus go to?

Huge plot hole.
Why is bm chasing the sh crew?
Bith other times bm has gone on a hunger fit she stayed in place and rioted until she got her food. In the begining of her arc she didnt chase down the food she wants, in the flashback she didnt chase down the sweets. Why just now is bm chasing down the food she wants instead of what she did the other two times? And the most recent time the crew knew about the food she wanted they could of just told her the food she wanted was just in the hotel (or where ever it was) so pudding is saying bm will chase the sh crew down to the ends of the earth.... yet in the begining of the arc she wasnt even willing to look over half her island to find the fiod she wants...... what the hell?

Hahaha.......ha.....i laugh with all the scarcasm i can muster. Pudding switcing between good and evil is sooooooo funnyyyy........ i hate this sometimes.....

How does lola 2.0 know what pudding is there for, she knows pudding tricks people for a living.......speaking of that...why would chiffon ever trust pudding who tricks people for a living?
Pudding "hey chifforn, i need you to come with me to help save sanji look at my tears"
Chifforn "well, that isnt fishy at all ya i will go with you, its not like bm wants me dead or anything"

And here is the RPG quest portion of this arc. Bake me a cake or i will kill you.... sounds like something an NPC has said to me in a game....

Wow there...... i wouldnt call baking a cake lying your life on the line.....hey is it funny chiffon, one of the few living mothers, is kinda putting her life on the line? I find it funny.

"Her emotions are flip flopping like crazy"...... durrrrr i dont smart well, how spell thanx?!? Me thnx oda for smarting 4 me!!! ODA WHO THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!? What one of your 6 year old readers needed that explanation?
I almost didnt see the SH crews shocked reaction because the pannel was so small and it was so small to make room for the pannel to its left....which explained the reaction i couldn't see..... so much irony so much stupidity.

So.......choclate town......CHOCLATE TOWN?!?! The first island! Capone said it would take a day to leave totland and it did take a day for luffy to get from choclate town to WCI..... but ya pudding will just fly over there real quick then take a ship back why not...

Ya going to sea you would be attacked from the front also.....if anyone of them had coo they would know they are about to be attacked from the front here as well...

Wow. Oda quuckly made the memory fruit gi from useless to usefull to useless just like that.
Me "pudding essientally doesnt have a df as far as i ak concerened"
Me "wow she can put memories in peoples heads without the complicated head touch cutting process?!?! That is awesome"
Me "only works on homies......great...."

Sanji who once used his coo to track half a samuri's torso was unable to decern dogtooth chopper brook and an army were fighting until he saw it with his eyes... good coo feat for the guy who just beat dogtooth in a coo battle.

Brook and chopper seem to be struggling with these fidder soldiers more then they should.

"Is pudding really on our side"
"Well she was once then betrayed us, so no one knows now, but i gave her the guy we all risked our lives to come here for so i am sure that was a good call"

I dont know what is stupider, all this trust in pudding or feeding a cake to bm to escape.

"Those guys down there who are covered in injuries from fighting fodder and are about to fight the 1st commander will be fine right?"
"No but i dont want to stop moving"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:06 AM

What did Jinbe want to say? ''Mama's footsteps?! Impossible. There's no...''

No what?

#18 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

Btw, Enel-sama doesn't need this chapter to have Yonkou-level attack. He already showed that with the shit he destroyed in Skypiea. Offense-wise Enel-sama can be Yonkiral. He suffers from lack of knowledge and piss poor durability/endurance by curent standard but still. I keep my opinion that Enel-sama is at least Top Yonkou Commander level. With knowledge and CoA say hello to new Yonkiral! :meditate:

Enel's durability is severly under rated.

The ONLY attack enel didnt jump back up from was when a massive chunk of gold hit him in the face slamming him into another chunk of gold with enough speed for enel to even comment on how fast it was. Seeing as lucci almost died from a single G3 punch and luffy defeated a giant VA with a singke G3 rifle, i think Enel is alot stronger then we give him credit. But as you say he is a far cry from WB and akainu's endurance feats
  • denimdragon likes this

banner.png

#19 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

I hope this ends in 5 chapters.

Edited by Enbima, 24 August 2017 - 07:08 AM.

• retroluffy13 and dbgetblack like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#20 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

What did Jinbe want to say? ''Mama's footsteps?! Impossible. There's no...''
No what?

No way she survived that attack

Ya iy sounds stupid. Above i said his shocked reaction was way over the top. At MOST they should of been sad but understanding why that move didnt work.

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users