Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

We left bartolomeo and moved on to Sai.

Honestly I dont understand how come he is always behind bartolomeo and cavendish in terms of popularity. He has a cool design, shows more skill and his weird quirk isnt as annoying as bartolomeo being a SH fan boy or cavendish sense of superiority. Sai defeated Lao G and had a quick fight with chinjao which could go toe to toe with haki g2/g3 luffy, putting him in a bounty window between 400 to 500 million berry. He also got applauded by zoro something barto and caven did not.

i've been trying to tell them about God Sai The Drill

on a side note, i thought cracker said he used jelly for the blood

• retroluffy13 and denimdragon like this

#42 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

If Oda was ever  a pro, he would gave us cover story as side story chapters, but he is just a fat cat.

Cover stories are 10x more interesting(even Cavs) than actual chapters.

#43 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

And here i was thinking that what almost killed Lucci was the fact that he was about to fall on the sea when he has eaten a df

He didn't mean it literally. No one dies in OP unless it serves some special purpose like Ace and WB. It's about Lucci's state when he was hit by it.

I'm sorry bad example...

Except that Enel was already hurt before that because Luffy bypassed his CoO. I agree Enel's durability is shit by current standard (well, it already was since Moria) but your example is crap as Hell. Enel didn't even have much of a problem when Luffy smashed him with his kick in the air.

If you look closely, you'll see that Luffy's hand penetrated the armour, and that cracker bled and was hurt. IN other words, Luffy's kong gun hit Cracker's real body. After which, cracker got up and didn't have a scratch on him.

That was jam Cracker concocted...read the chapter after that! You will also see the clone doesn't have a hole on its body and Cracker was hiding in the lower half. Did you even notice how big that clone is compared to Cracker?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#44 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

Seriously, can we stop talking about Enel?

• Oben, retroluffy13, Kaidou and 3 others like this

#45 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

FFS YES FINNALLY. god.  its killing the mood around here  people obviously don't want to talk abut enel, guys.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#46 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

Oh boy.... This is getting nowhere...

Are we really going to watch Sanji and Pudding bake a cake for BM? If they at least don't put poison in it to kill BM, you better expect me to bash on it...

Great Pudding is a combo of Sanji, Chopper and Brook and benefit the face of Nami.... No need for such a lame character...

#47 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

Isn't the second half of this post exactly the fallacy you point out in the first half? :mellow:

No

The first part of my post if pointing out the quality of people you lose to has no bearing on your strength if you lose in a single hit.

The second half of my post you run into the problem that neither bm nor akainu lost....

So if me and you get knocked out my different level fighters, but we are both clearly defeated, we have no clue where either of our durability ranks. Zoro getting defeated by mihawk right before sanji got defeated by gin didnt make zoro the strongest sh.

Now if we both survive incredibly different ammounts of punishement...... i hardy see how it would make sense to compare us.

"Wow, captain kidd got shot 8 times and lived, but oben stubbed his toe and lived, they are both unbelivable tanks"
Vs
"Captain kidd died in the nuclear blast on hiroshima during WW2, but oben only died to a gun shot, clearly captain kidd is the stronger"

Do you understand the difference? I understand how it was confusing after rereading it.

The key is that golden rifle and G4 shouldn't be too far from eachother in power level, added to the fact crackers described his tanking skills as horrible.

If Oda was ever a pro, he would gave us cover story as side story chapters, but he is just a fat cat.
Cover stories are 10x more interesting(even Cavs) than actual chapters.

Ya in the last chapter i was not excited at all for the chapter, then i saw bartolomeo's cover story and was excoted, then my excitement slowly died as i read the chapter i was hopping alot to see a few more Bartolomeo before switching to sai...

doesn't matter. ture. he traded blows with luffy once upon a time. now adays though, he'd get fodderized by the kind of fights luffy participates in regularly. and on top of it all, he'll never be yonko tier because he doesn't have the crew to put him there either.

And BM does? Wb did? I think we both know in OP the crew is an after thought.

I agree by current standards enel's durability isnt good, but as crackers showed us, durability is apperently optional. He had his armor, enel has his speed and unmatched coo.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#48 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

No

The first part of my post if pointing out the quality of people you lose to has no bearing on your strength if you lose in a single hit.

The second half of my post you run into the problem that neither bm nor akainu lost....

So if me and you get knocked out my different level fighters, but we are both clearly defeated, we have no clue where either of our durability ranks. Zoro getting defeated by mihawk right before sanji got defeated by gin didnt make zoro the strongest sh.

Now if we both survive incredibly different ammounts of punishement...... i hardy see how it would make sense to compare us.

"Wow, captain kidd got shot 8 times and lived, but oben stubbed his toe and lived, they are both unbelivable tanks"
Vs
"Captain kidd died in the nuclear blast on hiroshima during WW2, but oben only died to a gun shot, clearly captain kidd is the stronger"

Do you understand the difference? I understand how it was confusing after rereading it.

The key is that golden rifle and G4 shouldn't be too far from eachother in power level, added to the fact crackers described his tanking skills as horrible.

Ya in the last chapter i was not excited at all for the chapter, then i saw bartolomeo's cover story and was excoted, then my excitement slowly died as i read the chapter i was hopping alot to see a few more Bartolomeo before switching to sai...

And BM does? Wb did? I think we both know in OP the crew is an after thought.

I agree by current standards enel's durability isnt good, but as crackers showed us, durability is apperently optional. He had his armor, enel has his speed and unmatched coo.

comparatively, yes.  big moms crew is her strongest asset and thee main reason she's currently wrecking thte strawhata ganag right now.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#49 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

comparatively, yes.  big moms crew is her strongest asset and thee main reason she's currently wrecking thte strawhata ganag right now.

Oda failed to show us their power tho, instead he successfully made them looks like a bunch of idiot only winning with number's game
  • denimdragon likes this

#50 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

Oda failed to show us their power tho, instead he successfully made them looks like a bunch of idiot only winning with number's game

I think its less this and more the strawhats have been amazingly sucsessful this time around.

you almost get the feeling as though each member of the og crew is as strong as the monster trio at least pre timeskip.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#51 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

We do? And here i was thinking that what almost killed Lucci was the fact that he was about to fall on the sea when he has eaten a df
And a "weaker attack" decided by you, and you alone.

The only one who almost died was Enel after taking a gearless bazooka and a gearless rifle, who had whitened eyes, coughing blood and had a hard time getting up.

I'm sorry bad example...

http://i7.mangapanda.com/one-piece/281/o...http://i3.mangapanda.com/one-piece/837/o...
If you look closely, you'll see that Luffy's hand penetrated the armour, and that cracker bled and was hurt. IN other words, Luffy's kong gun hit Cracker's real body. After which, cracker got up and didn't have a scratch on him.

So we have... Gearless bazooka + rifle = Enel almost passed out
G4 Kong gun = Cracker slightly hurt in the moment, not noticeable 5 seconds later.

If you took Mike Tyson's punches and kept up with him for 11 hours even though you were being weakened and I was put on the ground in 3-4 out of 5-6 times i was hit by my cousin, almost passed out after getting 3 punches in the belly, put in fetal position after getting one kick, then yes, that would make you the better fighter. By a very very very large margin in fact.

Let's count together, that might help you

Jimbei
Luffy
Sanji
Nami with Zeus
Niji
Yonji
Judge
Reiju
Pedro
Bege

Thats a wee bit more than nami

Here i thought you were only talking about BM's current rampage....

Ok let me put it this way.

Akainu was attacked by
-an emperor (the strogest man in the world)
-3 wb commanders
-iva (an ra commander)
-jimbe (whom he nearly killed, unlike bm who couldnt do a thing to him)
-crocodile
-the entire wb pirate crew

The strongest person to actually attack BM is luffy.......severly injured luffy....

comparatively, yes. big moms crew is her strongest asset and thee main reason she's currently wrecking thte strawhata ganag right now.

Her crew, bege, is also the reason luffy got this far in the first place.

I dont see a thing bm's crew has done that bm herself couldnt do.

banner.png

#52 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Here i thought you were only talking about BM's current rampage....

Ok let me put it this way.

Akainu was attacked by
-an emperor (the strogest man in the world)
-3 wb commanders
-iva (an ra commander)
-jimbe (whom he nearly killed, unlike bm who couldnt do a thing to him)
-crocodile
-the entire wb pirate crew

The strongest person to actually attack BM is luffy.......severly injured luffy....

Her crew, bege, is also the reason luffy got this far in the first place.

I dont see a thing bm's crew has done that bm herself couldnt do.

besides double her overall control over the island without having to lift a finger herself?

call them all weaklings if you want to, collectively big moms crew is pretty ferocious.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 August 2017 - 10:17 AM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#53 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

I think its less this and more the strawhats have been amazingly sucsessful this time around.

you almost get the feeling as though each member of the og crew is as strong as the monster trio at least pre timeskip.

Ok come on, bm has had 3 people from her crew betray her. She has had 2 members of her crew lie to her. She has had a ton of crew members make mistakes so simple no one should of made them. Not to mention the crew's lack of Coo. Cc disele and bluree were used against her the entire are with no one getting supicious.

I dont know how you can defend bm's crew when they lost an entire pirate crew worth of people in their own terrority.

Maybe some of what happened was the SH being "good"
But jimbe betraying bm is not
Opera lying is not
Someone sleeping in sanji's bed is not
Bobbin knocking out his backup is not
Capone betraying bm is not
Bm's crew not checking up on bluree is not
Pudding spilling her guts twice is not
BM's homies not being able to see is not

All the above is clear cut incompetence. And incompetence is fine, pirates are not exactly rocket scientists but an entie crew of incompetence is unacceptable.

besides double her overall control over the island without having to lift a finger herself?

call them all weaklings if you want to, collectively big moms crew is pretty ferocious.

She has homie to control the island, a cloud to travel faster then any minion can do, and bm only has 4-5 crew members that would even stand a chance against bege or luffy or judge.

banner.png

#54 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Nah, I won't call them weaklings, but I will call them a bunch of incompetent buffoons judging on what we seen from BM's commanders so far.

#55 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

Ok come on, bm has had 3 people from her crew betray her. She has had 2 members of her crew lie to her. She has had a ton of crew members make mistakes so simple no one should of made them. Not to mention the crew's lack of Coo. Cc disele and bluree were used against her the entire are with no one getting supicious.

I dont know how you can defend bm's crew when they lost an entire pirate crew worth of people in their own terrority.

Maybe some of what happened was the SH being "good"
But jimbe betraying bm is not
Opera lying is not
Someone sleeping in sanji's bed is not
Bobbin knocking out his backup is not
Capone betraying bm is not
Bm's crew not checking up on bluree is not
Pudding spilling her guts twice is not
BM's homies not being able to see is not

All the above is clear cut incompetence. And incompetence is fine, pirates are not exactly rocket scientists but an entie crew of incompetence is unacceptable.

they've made mistakes, sure, but look at what happens when they aren't making mistakes, and are on high alert as opposed to scattered.  they completely wrecked the straw hats and friends despite fate and incompetence being on they're side. 

most of what your complaining about are nitpicks though and only look bad depending in what light you paint them.

how was big mom supposed to know a knight and a rook would randomly turn on her?  this is how shes always operated and shes always handled it fine until now.  things like that happen when your an underhanded piece of work surrounded by ego trips.

how are they supposed to know that somethings wrong with bruelee?  these are pirates not the government.  they aren't nearly as organized as the likes of say, the nanvy or the revolutionary army.

bobbin lying wasn't thought to be a problem because at the time they were sure that sanji couldn't escape thanks to the exploding cuffs and big moms extorsion.

and  pudding spilled her guts to raiju in the privacy of her own bedroom.  how was she supposed to know sanji would stalk her from her balcony?  with brook, the entire crew had basically proclaimed her success against the straw hats, so at that point she wasn't in the mindset of keeping the secret any longer.

it's not like e every action every character has taken has been folish.  often times, it was one specific instance of a grunt fucking up, which you know, is to be expected in big buracracies like big moms.

Nah, I won't call them weaklings, but I will call them a bunch of incompetent buffoons judging on what we seen from BM's commanders so far.

see abaove response to kid

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#56 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Virtually every mistake in this series that makes the villains look like idiots is that they underestimate the straw hats at least as far as I can remember. Big Mum's crew is no different. 

• denimdragon likes this

#57 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Virtually every mistake in this series that makes the villains look like idiots is that they underestimate the straw hats at least as far as I can remember. Big Mum's crew is no different.

Welcome to One Piece

#58 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Welcome to One Piece

.... I'm well aware.... I just see everyone complaining and want to remind them that this is nothing new... 

#59 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

.... I'm well aware.... I just see everyone complaining and want to remind them that this is nothing new...

I was just being sarcastic.

#60 shinjojin

shinjojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationFort worth, TX

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

So Pudding is a tsundere now. How nice. -_-

Also, while Sanji baking the cake to save the day does make logical sense, I still find it both predictable and boring.

I swear, the Wano arc can't get here soon enough.

My Projects:

The Nico Robin: Rokushiki style project
Go here
UPDATE 9/27/18:

I added two new techniques in the Shigan section that are both based on a attack used by the legendary Cammy White from the Street Fighter series! Also, I've added a new illustration of one of the techniques from the Tekkai section, drawn by Jeyrablue! ;)

The Huāquándào style project
Go here
UPDATE 5/10/14:

Project moved to Google Docs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users