113 replies to this topic

#61 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

So Pudding is a tsundere now. How nice. -_-

Also, while Sanji baking the cake to save the day does make logical sense, I still find it both predictable and boring.

I swear, the Wano arc can't get here soon enough.

Well, what would you prefer? we've seen this whole arc big mum is at her most dangerous when hungry, so of course the climax is going to be when shes hungry and theres only one way to stop that so with that in mind what would be a logical but better twist? 

#62 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

they've made mistakes, sure, but look at what happens when they aren't making mistakes, and are on high alert as opposed to scattered. they completely wrecked the straw hats and friends despite fate and incompetence being on they're side.

most of what your complaining about are nitpicks though and only look bad depending in what light you paint them.

how was big mom supposed to know a knight and a rook would randomly turn on her? this is how shes always operated and shes always handled it fine until now. things like that happen when your an underhanded piece of work surrounded by ego trips.

how are they supposed to know that somethings wrong with bruelee? these are pirates not the government. they aren't nearly as organized as the likes of say, the nanvy or the revolutionary army.

bobbin lying wasn't thought to be a problem because at the time they were sure that sanji couldn't escape thanks to the exploding cuffs and big moms extorsion.

and pudding spilled her guts to raiju in the privacy of her own bedroom. how was she supposed to know sanji would stalk her from her balcony? with brook, the entire crew had basically proclaimed her success against the straw hats, so at that point she wasn't in the mindset of keeping the secret any longer.

it's not like e every action every character has taken has been folish. often times, it was one specific instance of a grunt fucking up, which you know, is to be expected in big buracracies like big moms.

see abaove response to kid

A member of BM's crew.......sleeping in sanji's bed....... when his fellow crew members are guarding the door to make sure sanii cant get out......IS A NITPICK?!

Opera stright up lying about luffy, the man who defeated a commander then took 90% of BM's crew to take down, dying in a fire was nitpicking?!?

How would BM know jimbe woud betray her? 1st off lets start with the fact jimbe tried to leave and only refused to once he saw there would be consequences. Secondky, if opera told bm jimbe already betrayed them and freeded luffy bm would know.

Bobbin knocking out his back up is nitpicking? You think bobbin getting fodderized by someone whos bounty is twice his, then knocking out his back up, is a smart call?

Pudding? How was she supposed to know someone was there? Well i will ignore coo, i know how! Maybe not tell anyone!!! Maybe just act professional and put the fake memory in rejiu return her to her family then laugh about it with bm later. There was nothing pudding gained by that, BUT i a not talking about that scene, the worst was pudding telling luffy in prison what the plan was. Pudding has no clue if luffy can escape or if luffy has back up (which he did) or if luffy was playing opossum. That was nothing but incompetence.

Bluree was in contact with her brothers. They knew she was about to eat choper then they suddenly didnt hear from her for 24 hours..... ya....and even when the all important wedding came up bluree was no where to be seen and no one cared.

If i really wanted to be nitpickey i would point out how bm should of sent more then just crackers or how she should of only put a family member in charge of security, or how she shouldnt of left her picture so unguarded after a cake exploded..... or how she should of noticed brook was clearly no the skeleton she had in her handsx add that to the fact homies were attacking something that night and you have proof bm should of known someone helped brook escape. Or how bm should of built her castle out of stronger material.

Virtually every mistake in this series that makes the villains look like idiots is that they underestimate the straw hats at least as far as I can remember. Big Mum's crew is no different.

Underestimating the sh crew is to be expected.

Sleeping in a prisoners bed is something entirely different.

The only time we have seen incompetence anywhere near this level is when spandam ordered a buster call instead of calling lucci......i miss spandam....

So Pudding is a tsundere now. How nice. -_-

Also, while Sanji baking the cake to save the day does make logical sense, I still find it both predictable and boring.

I swear, the Wano arc can't get here soon enough.

I have said this before, the cake thing is predictable from 3 chapters ago.

But if i told you in the chapter 826 thread, that the bm arc would end with sanji pudding and lola's twin making a cake for bm. Would you of takeb me seriously?

Anyway this has to be one of the worst endings to any arc ever if it goes as planned. I watched pain revive everyone he killed because naruto told him to be nice. But this ending makes that ending look like Shakespeare.

Well, what would you prefer? we've seen this whole arc big mum is at her most dangerous when hungry, so of course the climax is going to be when shes hungry and theres only one way to stop that so with that in mind what would be a logical but better twist?

The poison gas weakening her invincoble body so G4 can compete with her on a little more even ground. Capone, judge and luffy vs bm. Jimbe vs dogtooth nami and brook vs smoothie.

The twist is no one saw it comming.

Or instead of dragging the arc out the hunger sickness is the perfect plot device.
"Now to chase down the sh crew and kill them"
"Gurrrrr i am hungry"
"Oh no now we cant"

Or my persobal favorite, dogtooth uses the hunger sickness as a perfect time to seize control of the crew from bm. Her time has come and gone...

Or, the "cake" bm wants is whole cake island, bm eats the whole island then dies because i hate her.

(The last one might not be serious)

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#63 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

So she's basically a super tsundera. I actually like it. It's cute

#64 Dark King

Dark King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

I wouldn't mind if they just got teleported to Wano, without any explanation.

#65 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

I wouldn't mind if oda said  fuck it and the next chapter started off with the narration "And so sanji baked a cake, pudding got laid, and everyone partied.  the end.  eventually, they make it to wano"

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 August 2017 - 12:48 PM.

• PunkHazard, shinjojin, denimdragon and 1 other like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#66 denimdragon

denimdragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

:lolxg:  @ Pudding. "Bipolar much?"

#67 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

This pudding personality might've been cute if it wasn't so quick to change.

I still don't understand why she has mixed feelings for Sanji really.

Also, I don't find the chapter to be bad, as most are saying. I actually consider this a normal OP chapter, lots of talk, one big attack, the plot moved a bit.

Sure it may not be the most interesting thing in the world, but I also don't find it to be FT level lol

#68 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

Also, I don't find the chapter to be bad, as most are saying. I actually consider this a normal OP chapter, lots of talk, one big attack, the plot moved a bit.
Sure it may not be the most interesting thing in the world, but I also don't find it to be FT level lol

Ya there is usually alot of talk bad jokes and not much action normally.

But usually those chapters feel like they are building to something. These chapters seem like...... well it seems like oda walked up to an editor and said

Oda "hey i just brought down BM's castle and made her go into a hunger fit, now the SH crew has a perfect opening to escape, would it be surprising if i drug this arc out for 30 more chapters?"
Editor "yes"

banner.png

#69 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

I at least wanted to see Chopper and Brooke in action but was off paneled again...p6eyA47.png

• retroluffy13 and Tale like this

#70 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

I said it over and over how shitty this arc is, but teleport and shit like that without an explanation are exactly why OP nowaday get this much hate...

#71 Yersinia

Yersinia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

The climax was so many chapters ago, Oda should've planned to end it there.

#72 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

The climax was so many chapters ago, Oda should've planned to end it there.

Pretty sure we are in for at least 1 more significant fight and all. 

#73 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Pretty sure we are in for at least 1 more significant fight and all.

Are we?

#74 Yersinia

Yersinia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

I would give it 6-7 more chapters before we end this arc tbh.

#75 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

She's a naturally violent person, but Sanji is the only one who has ever complimented her on her eye.

#76 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

She's a naturally violent person, but Sanji is the only one who has ever complimented her on her eye.

its probably also a case of shes acted like a skitzo for so long, it's sunk into her actual personality to be so... divided.

I agree with the guy who said shes acting exactly like launch from dragonball, only in this case, shes just crazy instead of magic.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 August 2017 - 05:47 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#77 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:52 AM

Did enels attack "el thor" ever create a big hole on the ground? I cant remember.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#78 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

I said it over and over how shitty this arc is, but teleport and shit like that without an explanation are exactly why OP nowaday get this much hate...

Really? Once again i am put of touch, i think we get way too much drawn out explanations on stuff that is really painfully simple.

Flashbacks for villains....
Double/retconned back stories for main characters...
Painfully long explanations on simple topics.
5 god damn pages of fishing....

For the love of god we had a whole pannel this chapter of just oda telling us "pudding is switching moods fast" oh is she?!?

Dont skip over stuff that creats plot holes (like the ID battle ships or moria's island or pudding's carpet's travel speed) but we dont need a 5 page explanation for capone's plan to shoot bm with a poison gas weapon......

Did enels attack "el thor" ever create a big hole on the ground? I cant remember.

Yes, the attack he hit wiper with.

Or wqs that gods judgement?

Well the attack he hit the escaping fidder with created a massive hole on the side of the island, the same can be said for the attack he hit conis' dad with and the attack he hit luffy with, which was El thor, blasted a huge hole in the bed rock.
  • Enbima likes this

banner.png

#79 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

the mixed feelings do make sense in a way. She was bullied all her life because of her third eye. She therefore became kind of evil and her goal was to kill sanji. No it so happened that Sanji is the first person to ever compliment her on her third eye and that she couldn't relay comprehend.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#80 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:03 AM

Yes, multiple times. None of the holes were as deep as this one, though. (Although, to be fair, we never saw the bigger ones tested on ground). (Not sure how deep the first one is, but judging by the scale of Nami, Big Mom might fit in it).

1. https://www.mangainn...ter-241/page_15

2. https://www.mangainn...ter-244/page_15

https://www.mangainn...ter-244/page_16

3. https://www.mangainn...ter-276/page_15

There are others (like the one used on Luffy) and there are also circular holes seen in Skypiea which I've heard some people say were done by previous El Thors.

Edited by Tale, 25 August 2017 - 07:04 AM.

• Fulmine and Enbima like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users