• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#81 bundat

bundat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

Do they actually have to cook for Big Mom just to stop her?

Is her "food tantrum" mode really that powerful?

Like if someone told her "Kaidou took the wedding cake", would not even Kaidou be able to stop her?

Seems lame that Luffy is aiming to be the Pirate King, but then they have to give her the food she is looking for just to calm her tantrum down (yeah I mean sure, there's no way they're beating a Yonkou with her strongest crew members wandering everywhere, but still, giving her the cake to stop her tantrum seems lame af, especially if Luffy aims to become the Pirate King)

#82 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

Luffy swore to fight her, and has insulted her constantly, but he's nowhere near strong enough to do so right now, especially during her tantrums.

#83 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Oda sure is on a roll of delivering garbage chapters.

2/10

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#84 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

2/10

Yep, this is what, the 876th 2/10 chapter rating in a row you've given?

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#85 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

That wouldn't be possible.

But still, the man had great run before the TS, so yeah...

Edited by durra072, 25 August 2017 - 09:35 AM.

Spoiler

#86 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

Luffy swore to fight her, and has insulted her constantly, but he's nowhere near strong enough to do so right now, especially during her tantrums.

Which is why it was very stupid for luffy to tell fuji he wont run from anyone anymore, then proceede to run for what now looks like it will be 10 chapters.

At least it wasnt as stupid as zoro promising never to lose then the very next arc losing to mr 3 then enel twice then aokiji then lucci then.....

At least it wasnt as stupid as franky burning the plans for pluton no one knew he had inside him....

The sh make alot of stupid decisions...
  • Shichibukai Ace likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#87 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Really? Once again i am put of touch, i think we get way too much drawn out explanations on stuff that is really painfully simple.
Flashbacks for villains....
Double/retconned back stories for main characters...
Painfully long explanations on simple topics.
5 god damn pages of fishing....
For the love of god we had a whole pannel this chapter of just oda telling us "pudding is switching moods fast" oh is she?!?
Dont skip over stuff that creats plot holes (like the ID battle ships or moria's island or pudding's carpet's travel speed) but we dont need a 5 page explanation for capone's plan to shoot bm with a poison gas weapon...... 

Yes, the attack he hit wiper with. Or wqs that gods judgement?
Well the attack he hit the escaping fidder with created a massive hole on the side of the island, the same can be said for the attack he hit conis' dad with and the attack he hit luffy with, which was El thor, blasted a huge hole in the bed rock.

That's exactly what I meant, instead of putting the attentions on unecessary stuffs Oda should beware of plot holes.

And yet he wants to go after Kaidou. Luffy should stop rubbing smoking...

#88 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

That's exactly what I meant, instead of putting the attentions on unecessary stuffs Oda should beware of plot holes.

And yet he wants to go after Kaidou. Luffy should stop rubbing smoking...

You know, bm's crew recently sustained alot of damage (from kidd and urgue) she has several factions betraying her (capone, cc and jimbe) and the vinsmoke could too.

Bm, a shell of an emperor, could lose to a team of pirates, WCI would be the perfect warm up for luffu to fight kiadou.

But now...... well if luffy cant beat bm with the team he had i hardly see how marco who lost badly to BB will help things...

banner.png

#89 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

That wouldn't be possible.
But still, the man had great run before the TS, so yeah...

QFT, this manga was so much better pretimeskip. So many amazing and enjoyable arcs like EL, Alabasta, Skypiea, W7, Arlong, Impel Down and Marineford which where all top-notch in terms of entertainment and quality.

Post timeskip, not so much the only decent arc imo has been the Zou arc. FI, Punk Hazard this arc and especially Dressrosa have all sucked ass.
  • tenchu, durra072 and trafalgarlawisop like this

#90 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

You know, bm's crew recently sustained alot of damage (from kidd and urgue) she has several factions betraying her (capone, cc and jimbe) and the vinsmoke could too.
Bm, a shell of an emperor, could lose to a team of pirates, WCI would be the perfect warm up for luffu to fight kiadou.
But now...... well if luffy cant beat bm with the team he had i hardly see how marco who lost badly to BB will help things...

I hardly see how her crew is supposed to be strong when everyone keeps betraying her ass.

Who knows, maybe he just need Zoro.... or Oda can't wait to draw Zoro, lol

#91 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

I hardly see how her crew is supposed to be strong when everyone keeps betraying her ass.

Who knows, maybe he just need Zoro.... or Oda can't wait to draw Zoro, lol

That is another thing.

For someone with a wheele to punish people for leaving her crew, she sure gets betrayed alot
Lola
Chiffon
CC
Capone
Jimbe
Pekoms

What the hell..... has any other organization has this much trouble? The warlords maybe.

banner.png

#92 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

That is another thing.
For someone with a wheele to punish people for leaving her crew, she sure gets betrayed alot
Lola
Chiffon
CC
Capone
Jimbe
Pekoms
What the hell..... has any other organization has this much trouble? The warlords maybe.

Pretty much all the warlords got betrayed, I guess power make people greedy

#93 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Zoro would one shot everyone, lmao. 

I NEED ZORO

Which is why it was very stupid for luffy to tell fuji he wont run from anyone anymore, then proceede to run for what now looks like it will be 10 chapters.

At least it wasnt as stupid as zoro promising never to lose then the very next arc losing to mr 3 then enel twice then aokiji then lucci then.....

At least it wasnt as stupid as franky burning the plans for pluton no one knew he had inside him....

The sh make alot of stupid decisions...

He didn't really lose to any of those guys. They tricked him in none fair conflict or his mind was in another place. He could've one shotted all of those.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#94 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Zoro would one shot everyone, lmao.
I NEED ZORO

He didn't really lose to any of those guys. They tricked him in none fair conflict or his mind was in another place. He could've one shotted all of those.

That is the only way to beat zoro.

The second bm pulled out her sword it was suddenly obvious why nami wanted luffy to wait for zoro to take on bm.
  • TrolonoaZoro likes this

banner.png

#95 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

QFT, this manga was so much better pretimeskip. So many amazing and enjoyable arcs like EL, Alabasta, Skypiea, W7, Arlong, Impel Down and Marineford which where all top-notch in terms of entertainment and quality.

Post timeskip, not so much the only decent arc imo has been the Zou arc. FI, Punk Hazard this arc and especially Dressrosa have all sucked ass.

Preach, brother.

Spoiler

#96 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

Preach, brother.

24gvaiu.jpg

#97 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

We have 3-4 chapters of running but Oda still skips fights. Now we can expect 2 chapters of collecting ingridients, 2 chapters of baking and 1 chapter for BM saying "yummy!" And then I hope we leave this stupid arc.

Like Zoro said "its small time business". And this arc was literally small time business for luffy. Where was the danger? Emperor who? Big Mom?

This whole arc...

giphy.gif

Edited by Enbima, 25 August 2017 - 05:07 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#98 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

We have 3-4 chapters of running but Oda still skips fights. Now we can expect 2 chapters of collecting ingridients, 2 chapters of baking and 1 chapter for BM saying "yummy!" And then I hope we leave this stupid arc.

Like Zoro said "its small time business". And this arc was literally small time business for luffy. Where was the danger? Emperor who? Big Mom?

This whole arc...

https://media.giphy.com/media/wMAokkbg2b...

Did you know that this is the 53rd chapter of this joke, i mean arc, and it would all end up with big mom getting a cake. Here you go, your joke, i mean arc.

ES7K2sA.jpg

Edited by tenchu, 25 August 2017 - 06:32 PM.

• Enbima likes this

24gvaiu.jpg

#99 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

at this point its just a meme basically lol 

• Chillman likes this

#100 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationOutlaw's Summit.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

2/10

Has Oda been eating a bag of mushrooms before writing these chapters?

For me this chapter hovered around the 6/10ish range. I hate dry criticism of my favorite author, but some of the stuff lately has been so overall bad, not even sure where to start constructive critique. 

An overall let down. Lame characters, lame powers, Luffy has been embarrassingly incompetent... 

How did we get here? Too much pressure from outside influence? Burnout? Hate to say it but it sometimes even feels like it's not even Oda writing some of these pages....

I'm a hardcore defender of "give it time" but we have gone through just about the whole arc and nothing important has happened for character development, which is what arcs like this should be about. 

Oda is a genius. One bad arc is not going to take that away, so for me this arc is kind of a mulligan. Looking back, I feel the hardcore fans of One Piece will gloss over this arc or even pretend like it never happened. 

Shame. There was so much that could have been done different here. 

I don't want to start going on tangents but my biggest complaint is food based powers. It was a clever gimmick and something I agree weaklings should have. But to say your Commanders are food based fighters simply does not work. 

For instance, "Commander" Cracker. What the heck was up with this? Plenty of fans have literally waited for actual years to see Luffy's first 1v1 against a Yonkou Commander, and we get a mostly off panel fight from a guy with a power that simply does not make sense yet is able to hold off Luffy and he loses to water. Then we don't see him after he gets a humiliating send off. 

Stuff like that and Luffy's overall incompetence is really killing the arc. It's not over yet but I don't think we'll be wowed by the conclusion unfortunately.

I can already tell Luffy will get one or two legit hits in, then Brook will come to add relief since he's the Soul King, and he and Luffy will have a unique tag team interaction where Luffy uses his battle smarts to position Brook where they take out Zeus and Prometheus. Maybe Luffy gets some redemption by being able to fight Zeus directly since it's rubber/lighting powers. 

Anyway just the fact we're already looking forward to how to quickly end this arc and move on is a problem. 

• tenchu and trafalgarlawisop like this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users