• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

http://readms.net/r/...iece/877/4531/1

tragic "past", checked.

someone died, checked.

someone Luffy liked, checked.

Carrot for NN Nakama.

Edited by Strikto, 31 August 2017 - 06:07 AM.

• Raiden likes this

#2 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

Another terrible chapter, three dire chapters in row for the hattrick.

Luffy's skirmish with Katakuri was just disappointing, lame and anticlimactic.

Also I give Oda an F grade for his attempt to create forced drama, since there is no way Pedro is dying whatsoever.

• durra072 likes this

#3 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:21 AM

sunny flies 1km.

Perospero has a bounty of 700m.

Dynamite > Nuke.

and a break next week.

Good information Oda.

Edited by Enbima, 31 August 2017 - 06:23 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#4 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,144 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

Good chapter. Hopefully this starts Luffy vs. Katakuri now, they're a nice match-up. Perospero falls victim to the same mistake he made with the Vinsmokes, but eh, at least it stays in-character and hopefully, he's out of the count by now. Pedro will probably survive, but it'd be weird if he came back this arc, so Oda can distribute his screentime to other characters.

If he does die though, Carrot can join the SHs.

Another terrible chapter, three dire chapters in row for the hattrick.

Luffy's skirmish with Katakuri was just disappointing, lame and anticlimactic.

Also I give Oda an F grade for his attempt to create forced drama, since there is no way Pedro is dying whatsoever.

I recommend you to sit out the next two volumes or so and then read them in a bulk.

• Raiden likes this

#5 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

Meh, I am kinda indifferent that there is a break next week, since the quality of this manga has been a long term decline ever since the timeskip happened.

I am more annoyed that HxH is going on hiatus yet again tbh.

• JDG973 likes this

#6 Sidios

Sidios

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

Chopper and Brook fodderized by Peros as expected.

Pedro's sacrifice was also expected, since he should have almost zero years left.

BM really is slow preparing her strike (Peros had the time to beat Pedro and chat, while BM was swinging her hat/sword)

Another break next week os also expected. . .

Well, at least no Sanji/Pudding apperance,
so (6/10) for me.

#7 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

Thw two reviews above me.so far make this chaptet look.....less exciting then i predicted....

No bartolomeo on cover story...i know sai's started last week but i keep holding out hope oda will realize everyone but bartolomeo sucks and kill them all off goving the canibal his own cover arc (bigger then a story) baby 5 is one good thing.

"There is an ovean of difference between our abilities" ya....... we know. I am sure chopper and brook are the only ones in the entire OP world and real world who thought they could take on the first commander and the man who restrianed the entire G66 and capone

Hahahahaha "i am no candyman my self" yep, the movie 'dead end adventures' had the candy logia.....wasnt that impressive....

I kinda like pesporo.....but what does he mean "i am done for" jesus buddy jump in the mirror world and dont let her in.

"So our friends were the ones wiped out by that lightning blast huh" ya.....if only.....if only there existed some type of ability.... some ability.....that allowed the user to see really far away...
And determine which.....idk...."voices" were wiped out by an attack.....FUCK YOU DOG TOOTH. You have CoO how is that a surprise?!?! There is absolutely no excuse for what oda is doing to coo....

Yep..... fodder get back in the mirror. Pesporo, wait for bm to kill you. No i get it pesporo is needed, but just one page ago he was talking about how he woud die if bm got there....

Chopper you have been replaced by carrot, brook you have been replaced by jimbe, for the good of the manga die there.

I have complained about it before and i will again, why did dogtooth bring the fodder if he was going to send them back? Fodder does serve several vital rolea in comabat, but did dogtooth not know how strong luff and jimbe are? Did dogtooth moss the report that Luffy defeated all the rage army fodder? Idiot...

The ability to make any shape he wants, can turn people into his element and is weak to fire. Mr 3 i have missed you. I always said your df was underrated.....oh this isnt the candle fruit? Well that is ok, just cant help but point out the atriking similarities. At least they arent the same damn fruit (ton/kilo fruit)

Good, luffy was actually watching when sanji melted the candy, as a chief sanji knew candy is weak to fire.

But after one smart thing luffy does one dumb thing....that is your ship man.... if dogtooth trolled you and just stepped aside you would of put a huge hole in it....

Carrot..... 2 things
1 did carrot not see dogtooth take back bluree using a stretching ability? That was a huge plot point how could she of missed it?
2 no dogtooth's ability is not like luffy's it is vastly superior.
Unless she was speaking about strenght, if that is the case well you have no comparison. Luffy used his best low teir move and dogtooth didnt even use a move. I wouod compare their strength yet.

Did luffy forget to use haki? Whats going on....

I am picking up that oda (as he does to make things easier for us fans) shortened pesporo's name to peros. Ok that is fine but perro is spanish for dog and he is currently standing next to dogtooth.....come on i thought that was funny..... all we need is akainu to show up....

Jimbe has to know about the ships flying ability they used it on FI right?

Good jimbe, the first step in first aid is determining the patients responsiveness level, they have failed the alert and verbal tests now try the pain test and....GET THEM SOME FIRE YOU MORON! Jesus.... for a guy that was acting as vice captain the past few chapters he really is stupid some times.

Battle ships by sea, if only the sh crew had some type of man fish who was near invincible in the sea. Too bad the crew has no such person.

Good thing nami, the only normal human on the ship, is carrying the heavy cola berrals on her own, pedro's history lesson is far more important then blasting the ship off.

Will the cannons get them or will bm? Well since cannons have yet to get anyone in OP.... my money is on BM.

Also is it just me or are those Battle ships really unimpressive?

700m bounty. Pero is stronger then sabo.

So.....pero...... if pedro has time to light a sigar....and use that to light bombs..... you probably had time to stop him or get away.

Also where did he get that sigar from? Was it in his mouth? Why? Sanji fights entire battles with a smoke, why wouod pedro hid it?

So....fulmine... who ever it was that asked us "what is fight coreography, and why is oda bad at it" we need only point them to the last page of this chapter pedro swings his sword, pero blocks, the very next page pedro is oh the ground and pero has his foot on his neck. How did perdo get in that position? Dont worry about it....... if this manga had good cereography we would actually get to see pedro trip do a cart wheele then pero stomp on his neck. (That is the only possible explanation for how a man in a dress did that to another person)

Finally i want to point out pero's "magic" the candy is still there, the ship just got blasted out of it by the force from the explosion. So....
1 pero isnt dead
2 pedro was wrong
3 pedro meant "stop you magic" as in stop pero from using his abilities anymore (since luffy can easily free the ship)
4 oda messed up (this is a huge mess up
5 it takes a while for the candy to dissapear

Either way, op is on break next week so we will have to wait to see.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#8 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Wow what an action packed chapter, Brock really struggled here. Anyway the fight to take back the Sunny continues, Big Ma might above us, but we should able to defeat her children, if not how weak are we?

Pedro is dead? Well so long Pedro your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Of course we go on break next week, why wouldn't we?

#9 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,144 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

Wow what an action packed chapter, Brock really struggled here. Anyway the fight to take back the Sunny continues, Big Ma might above us, but we should able to defeat her children, if not how weak are we?

There's no shame in struggling against Yonkou commanders. Though I do expect Luffy to beat Katakuri.

• Raiden likes this

#10 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

Credit to Giantbiceps from MF.

QsnwaOX.png

Oda keeps giving her Ls AavgmXf.png

BM.gif

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 31 August 2017 - 08:18 AM.

• Raiden, retroluffy13 and dbgetblack like this

#11 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,144 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

We both know she'll stand up unscathed next chapter.

• Raiden, retroluffy13 and Tale like this

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

BM shouldn't be that big given the perspective...Me or Oda is wrong?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#13 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

I doubt Luffy will beat Katakuri here. It's hard to believe he would have time (after he had an eleven hour stalemate with Cracker) unless Big Mom runs off after the cake and/or Kakaturi ends up having to deal with the entire crew.

Also, Katakuri's Devil Fruit is either a logia in anything but the name or it's an awakened paramecia that's acting like a logia. 

• Raiden, capu and Madara D Dragon like this

#14 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

We both know she'll stand up unscathed next chapter.

But her face...e1ClrR8.png

• retroluffy13 likes this

#15 Sidios

Sidios

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

It just occured me, why did Dogtooth only brought Peros as a worthy fighter? Tamago is apparently doing nothing, and there should be dozens others ministers to send to the sunny. . . If he was so eager to send the fodder back, shouldn't he bring 2 more ministers to, I don't know, keep Jimbe and Nami from preparing the ship, while he held Luffy back?

#16 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Perespero has been carrying the BM crew.

• Fulmine, SilentShadow and trafalgarlawisop like this

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

Also, Katakuri's Devil Fruit is either a logia in anything but the name or it's an awakened paramecia that's acting like a logia.

Oda didn't even draw Luffy used Hardening...I hate it when we can't know for sure if there's CoA or not.

Perespero has been carrying the BM crew.

Aside from that stupid ''I will wait till my opponents are rescued even though I have them all perfectly caught'' syndrome several antagonists have in shounen due to plot, yeah. He's the next best thing after Katakuri. Coincidentally they both have stickiness with their DFs and one is weak against fire whereas the other has trouble with water. Complementary duo, I guess. The first 2 sons must have inherited all the best traits possible. :lol:

• Raiden and Chillman like this

#18 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

Oda didn't even draw Luffy used Hardening...I hate it when we can't know for sure if there's CoA or not.

He said Hawk gattling. Aren't animal names when he uses haki?

• Tale likes this

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

He said Hawk gattling. Aren't animal names when he uses haki?

I don't even know, I never notice that...

Well, more evidence simply having CoA doesn't mean you can touch Logia then. Your CoA needs to be good (relatively speaking, at least compared to the Logia's mastery).

#20 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Hawk attacks have always used Haki yes

I didn't think the chapter was that bad. I could do with a 1 chapter fight of luff and katakuri by now, would be a nice way to end the arc.

BM continues to be overshadowed by her subordinates. Even perospero seems more dangerous than her.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users