#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,534 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

8f3c9efe34b08ea2a38df2691bd78bc9.jpg

"A new life begins for Kitahara Iori as he begins his college career near the ocean in Izu city, full of excitement for his new life. He will be moving into his Uncle's diving store "Grand Blue." There he finds the beautiful ocean, beautiful women, and men that love diving and alcohol. Will Iori be able to live his dream college life?"

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this series. It is easily one of my favorite ongoings at the moment and I have been following it for a while. It is such a great mix of comedy, romance and slice of life with a bit of actual diving thrown in. I love series like this and it is one of the better ones I've read. Now that the scans have caught up to the magazine releases we sadly have to wait a month between chapters, but it is worth the wait. 

As for the current chapters, I really like how they brought back the mean girl from earlier in the series and seeing how her and Iori are building a connection with each other without either of them even realizing it. It has felt very natural and they have great chemistry, especially when insulting each other. She fits in perfectly with the Scum Squad, lol.

I also like how it has pushed characters like Cakey into being more assertive with her own feelings about Iori. I did like how she went to Azusa for advice on the situation as I think both characters mirror each other in their respective age groups given how Azusa never got to make her feelings clear to Tokita before he found a girlfriend, and Cakey doesn't want to fall into that. Although you have to imagine that her asking him to go on a date will end badly. I'm guessing that this development it will probably force Chisa to realize what Iori means to her too, which should be entertaining. 

• Red Haired Shanks and Grimmjagger like this

#2 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

I'll give it a read.

uolpdaa33dc.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#3 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

This the funniest manga i've read in a while, and i love all character interactions and all the hilarious misunderstandings that make me bust out laughing.
  • Shin likes this

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#4 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

I'll check it out.

ilhd1c.jpg

#5 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Another thumbs up for this series.

2ccmpm8.gif

#6 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:43 AM

Never heard of it.

I needed a good new manga to read now that I am catching up to the latest releases of Birdmen.

Right on time!

#7 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,534 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Nice to see some more people give the series a try. It is easily one of the funniest series I've read and one of those series where there is never a bad chapter. It's just great. 

#8 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,534 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

New chapter was really good. The scene of the two of them in the restaurant and Cakey's friends trying to prepare her for her date were hilarious. It was nice to see Cakey and Iori go on a date, even if Iori didn't look at it as a date, and see the dynamic between the two of them expand a bit more. They are the most "normal" when you really look at the group they hang around with. Them imagining Chisa and Kouhei's reactions if they took them to the movies with them were hilarious, lol. When Iori doesn't mean to be he can be pretty charming too. 

I was wondering during the date if something else was going on that we didn't know about that sort of urged Cakey to try and ask Iori out, and that ended up being the case. So she might have to leave to go deal with some family things and I wonder how that will impact the group going forward. 

#9 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,534 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

Grand Blue gets an anime announced. Going to be interesting to see how they get around all the underage drinking. That was a big reason why the creator didn't think the series would get an anime a while ago. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users