#21 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

Jinbe throwing out wisdom as usual.  My man.

Pero has been pretty impressive.  Took a huge bomb, grew a new arm and is now helping Big Mom travel the waters.

Pudding continues to be annoying.

Luffy getting wrecked as he should.  It would be something if Dogtooth created a more efficient version of Gear 4 on the spot.

Good stuff overall.  And no break!!!!!

Spoiler

Cracker also thoroughly outclassed Luffy's G2/3, so it's not surprising to see Katakuri do this to Luffy. (How far Cracker, Katakuri and Doflamingo outclassed G2/3 could serve as a basis for comparison between them). The real question is whether G4 will make a difference. It barely did against Cracker, even with the support Luffy was receiving from Nami and maybe the Homies and we all know it wasn't enough to defeat an injured Doffy. Unless Luffy has something else up his sleeve, my money is on Katakuri winning this fight (even if I know that Luffy has to pull through somehow). 

I think Luffy is going to activate his awakening in this fight.  I don't see his regular moveset being enough.  I think awakening will allow Luffy to possibly fend off Katakuri and find a way out.

• Raiden likes this

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#22 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

Luffy getting wrecked as he should.  It would be something if Dogtooth created a more efficient version of Gear 4 on the spot.

I hope so. And I hope he explains it. And then Luffy starts using it/improves it even more. That would be a nice way to have Luffy grow stronger during the fight and possibly beat Katakuri

BTW: I wonder If Luffy's gatling will change now. Katakuri's version was better, Luffy saw that for himself, he'd have to be stupid not to start doing it that way, right? Or maybe he can't?

I think Luffy is going to activate his awakening in this fight.  I don't see his regular moveset being enough.  I think awakening will allow Luffy to possibly fend off Katakuri and find a way out.

I still don't see how awakening can be used with his fruit, but we've seen nothing from Katakuri that points towards him handling King Kong move sets. (Doesn't mean he can't, but we don't know yet)

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

That's exactly what he did

He rotated and kicked Luffy with his right leg. I don't know the name of that kick in english, but it's a very used one in martial arts, and it's very effective and better than a punch ever day of the week.

He's behind, slightly to the left. Rotate, use right leg, kick in the face. What's wrong with that? Do remember these are superhumans, not normal humans

True

Because it was too fast and it came from every single possible direction Luffy, that's why. Hence Katakuri saying he has better speed than you, have you not been paying attention?

Not exactly, dogtooth dodged, then moved back to exactly where luffy threw the stomp from, it would be impossible for dogtooth to have dodged to that position. Made for a cool shot but it doesnt change the fact he dodged, the repositioned himself, instead of just dodging to a position where he could counter attack.

Ok fair enough, in the small pannel you see both of dogtooth's legs are up in the air meaning he had to land first to throw that kick (unless he can fly) so i figured a punch or df ability would be quicker. If speed isbt his game and instead he has to throw a kick, that is just that.

It didnt come from behind.....

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

BTW: I wonder If Luffy's gatling will change now. Katakuri's version was better, Luffy saw that for himself, he'd have to be stupid not to start doing it that way, right? Or maybe he can't?

Katakuri literally has several arms. Luffy doesn't. His gattling (and similar moves) is just him punching repeatedly

I still don't see how awakening can be used with his fruit

If he can turn other stuffs into rubber then he can manipulate (control and shape) them, imbue CoA and do a 360 degree Kong Gun fest like DD made a bunch of giant thread needles to stab Luffy.

Or vulcanization.

Or add the extra rubber on his body to make him a giant

it would be impossible for dogtooth to have dodged to that position

meaning he had to land first to throw that kick (unless he can fly)

How?

Superhuman (or whatever Katakuri is) doesn't give a fuck about that. If he's fast enough then he can rotate in the air no problem. Doesn't even need Geppou. All he has to do is kick his left leg up then move it backward so fast so he can rotate.

Edited by Fulmine, 22 September 2017 - 08:47 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#25 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

That's not what Strobacaxi said at all...

Give him a break. Not his fault he got saved by Crocodile, Buggy and Law. The guy even said, after waking up, that he was ashamed of being alive. Clearly he's as good as you want. It just happens that he still lives LOL

Katakuri (potato starch, damn it! I love plants but that name dogtooth is so stupid) dodged by jumping up towards Luffy. That's actually effective because he got to dodge and close the distance to attack at the same time.

No, not missed kick, Luffy dodged to the left and got behind him before he even kicked so what he did next was actually rotating his body in the air, using his left leg as sort of like a pivot, turn I don't know maybe 180 degree and kicked Luffy by his right leg.

Hey i think it is funny, i am waiting for the crew to be eating dinner with jimbe.
Luffy "hey jimbe pass the salt"
Jimbe "i am ready to lie down my life for the sake of passing the salt"
Usopp "hey jimbe pass the mayo"
Jimbe "i will acomplish this task even if it kills me, i am ready to die"

Oh so he turned in mid air? Makes a litte more sense but i have to then knock luffy for dodging so slowly.

It just doesnt make sense considering the cirmstances. He has all the tools in the world and he used the same attack twice? The guy has a DF he has a staff, jelly beans he uses like bullets, he can punch... so after the first kick was dodged he threw a second kick.

Like i said above about how the scene looks, i get it, he was one upping everything luffy did, luffy threw a kick so he had to hit luffy with a kick. But the shot looking cool is no excuse for throwing two kicks in a row.

But i am harping on that a little too much, my mai problem is the lack of defined positions in the fight, dodging is one thing but non stop teleporting is another.

Katakuri literally has several arms. Luffy doesn't. His gattling (and similar moves) is just him punching repeatedly

If he can turn other stuffs into rubber then he can manipulate (control and shape) them, imbue CoA and do a 360 degree Kong Gun fest like DD made a bunch of giant thread needles to stab Luffy.

Or vulcanization.

Or add the extra rubber on his body to make him a giant

How?

Superhuman (or whatever Katakuri is) doesn't give a fuck about that. If he's fast enough then he can rotate in the air no problem. Doesn't even need Geppou. All he has to do is kick his left leg up then move it backward so fast so he can rotate.

Well the thing about rotating in air, it isnt possible in such a short distance. If he used his df it would be simple but he didnt.
And for him to simply rotate in mid air without landing would rob his kick of nearly all its power.

Unless of course like you said (and me) he can fly and use moon walk.

banner.png

#26 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

Ok chapter at best.

@captain kidd

Fight choreography is really not Oda's strongest suit. Toriyama and now Toyotarou totally surpass Oda in that department in terms of using speed lines, white background used to emphasize a movement or situation, creating tension, excitement, and humor.  

I mean look at this !

• captain kidd likes this

#27 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

I hope so. And I hope he explains it. And then Luffy starts using it/improves it even more. That would be a nice way to have Luffy grow stronger during the fight and possibly beat Katakuri

I still don't see how awakening can be used with his fruit, but we've seen nothing from Katakuri that points towards him handling King Kong move sets. (Doesn't mean he can't, but we don't know yet)

To your last point,

Ya i doubt dogtooth can match luffy's G4 or even his king kong moves, surely since mocchi isnt elastic he cat copy luffy's moves, which means dogtooth would have to either be amazing at using that staff he had earlier, or start losing.

As for how luffy could use awakening. Mainly by turning the area around him into rubber.
-It would allow luffy to land some really cool rebound shots. Throw someone into a rubber wall, they bounce back and get bellamyed
-luffy could punch the ground (which is now rubber) and the shock wave would bounce all the enemies into the air.
-luffy could control the rubber around him. Not like DD but maybe like above. Luffy slams his fist or foot to the ground and the ahock waves cause a rubber building to fall on someone.

It isnt as cool as some awakenings could be, but those are a few ideas. Besides, everyone thought the one redeming ability the flag fruit could have is the ability to flutter the ground, well....luffy's awakening could potentially do that.

banner.png

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

but i have to then knock luffy for dodging so slowly.

More like Katakuri was faster

It just doesnt make sense considering the cirmstances. He has all the tools in the world and he used the same attack twice? The guy has a DF he has a staff, jelly beans he uses like bullets, he can punch... so after the first kick was dodged he threw a second kick.

Like i said above about how the scene looks, i get it, he was one upping everything luffy did, luffy threw a kick so he had to hit luffy with a kick. But the shot looking cool is no excuse for throwing two kicks in a row.

Why not? It's just like double roundhouse kick. It's actually one move. You don't need to mix different moves for the sake of...having different moves. For example, Luffy's gattling is exactly similar: repeated punch. He doesn't punch the first punch then think ''oh, I have all the moves in the world, why not jet stomp next then red hawk then etc. Time to erase gattling from my arsenal because captain kidd demands I have to switch moves every second'' ... :mellow:

Besides, the staff the jelly beans requires him to turn and hit Luffy anw...

I mean, sure, he can grow a mochi arm on his back to attack what's behind but maybe he's not that careful. That goes to every Logia and elemental Paramecia ever. Akainu doesn't grow magma arms on his back to defend in case someone attacked him from behind (WB LOL). The point is you're asking for a perfect, all-arouned, has-an-answer-for-all-fighting-circumstance fighter and not even the WSFighter (whoever that is) is that kind of thing...

But i am harping on that a little too much, my mai problem is the lack of defined positions in the fight, dodging is one thing but non stop teleporting is another.

The position is so clear. More like you just don't understand the choreography. And no teleport. He was just fast. Like Luffy used Gear 2 and disappear from fodders' eyes.

Well the thing about rotating in air, it isnt possible in such a short distance. If he used his df it would be simple but he didnt.
And for him to simply rotate in mid air without landing would rob his kick of nearly all its power.

Unless of course like you said (and me) he can fly and use moon walk.

Again, superhuman. And you never see a double flying kick?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#29 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

Ok chapter at best.

@captain kidd

Fight choreography is really not Oda's strongest suit. Toriyama and now Toyotarou totally surpass Oda in that department in terms of using speed lines, white background used to emphasize a movement or situation, creating tension, excitement, and humor.  

I mean look at this !

I have no idea what that video is, but that never happened in Dragonball Super. And don't even get me started on that show's fights -.-'

Ya i doubt dogtooth can match luffy's G4 or even his king kong moves, surely since mocchi isnt elastic he cat copy luffy's moves, which means dogtooth would have to either be amazing at using that staff he had earlier, or start losing.

Or he's just stupid strong? I'm expecting Katakuri to be clearly shown as superior to G4, but I don't know if he can take King Kong moves. But regular Kong moves I don't see why not. DD was tanking them, Cracker was handling them. I don't expect to see DD v2.0 where G4 is just out of his league, but he can endure through it. I'm expecting G4 to be pushed back.

Especially because Katakuri doesn't seem like the guy to look at Luffy starting a King Kong move and try to block it.

Edited by Strobacaxi, 22 September 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#30 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

I have no idea what that video is, but that never happened in Dragonball Super. And don't even get me started on that show's fights -.-'

Its the manga version of Super supervised by Toriyama. I really recommend fans to read it.

Still more entertaining than Rebecca's "fighting"  user142426_pic80952_1419028826_thumb.png

#31 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Sorry but DB Super is trash, even in fighting. Not a good source to compare if you have issues with OP's fight scenes.

#32 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

So many pages wasted on sobbing about Pedro. Oda went from 100-0 to real quick.

2/10

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#33 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Sorry but DB Super is trash, even in fighting. Not a good source to compare if you have issues with OP's fight scenes.

60.png

mo7zYc9.png

#34 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Its the manga version of Super supervised by Toriyama. I really recommend fans to read it.

Still more entertaining than Rebecca's "fighting"  http://www.millenniumforums.com/images/s...

WTF last chapter I read was the one where Zamazu multiplied lol wtf I gotta catch up

He repeatedly punched a guy he knew for a fact was absolutely and completely immune to physical attacks. This coming from a genius fighter.

Yep, what a fight

• dbgetblack likes this

#35 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

WTF last chapter I read was the one where Zamazu multiplied lol wtf I gotta catch up

He repeatedly punched a guy he knew for a fact was absolutely and completely immune to physical attacks. This coming from a genius fighter.

Yep, what a fight

Still not as dumb as that scene...

tumblr_inline_n9iv41fG1Y1ryj2q8.jpg

yxpii9c.gifyxpii9c.gifyxpii9c.gife5041821.gife5041821.gife5041821.gif

Vegetal actually tied his hands but more importantly that roast was x5RuXdc.png

#36 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

Dogtooth is bigger than Luffy :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :perv:

• Chillman likes this

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#37 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Nice enough chapter. Oda yet again insist on the logistic of the techniques and not on sheer capabilities with the technique (i.e speed/power) Why am I always ahead of the curve? 

For my obligatory "mention zoro on your post at least one" I just gave myself a healthy chuckle when I remember the argument that Zoro needed help to defeat  Pica. Big mom literally can not defeat Nami (dosnt matter who you pick on the ship, since she couldn't travel that far off) without help. 

And I think I saw a "even if the crew was all zoro" um, no. If it was all zoro katakuri wouldn't even be needed to subdue. Brook/Nami/Chopper would've one shotted the young blood before he knew what hit him. Get real, guys.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#38 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

I think it's too early to see Awakening. It hasn't been that long since we've seen Luffy hear about it from Doflamingo and it's not (as far as we know) an intuitive kind of technique like Soru was when it inspired G2. It would be a bit implausible if Luffy has already figured out how to do it, especially given how rare an ability it seems to be. I wouldn't complain about seeing it here, though. My guess is that Luffy we'll see more King G4 moves from Luffy or another modification of G4 (maybe a combination of all gears). (Assuming Luffy wins).

#39 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

new luffy power up incoming.

I noticed last chapter and chose not to speak up, but this fight is just like the time he fought blueno.  luffy's about to cuck the shit out of him.

Edited by retroluffy13, 22 September 2017 - 10:53 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#40 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Odds we get a Gear 5 for this match up? perhaps gear 5 would be the awakening with out knowing it? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users