Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

No episode tonight.
  • Doan and masterbio like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#42 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

This thread is in the manga section so only manga is discussed here, right? I don't watch anime so I don't want to be spoiled.

Edit: Just caught up with the latest chapter and I'm confused. How come Supreme Kai and GoD are a set?

Edited by Fulmine, 01 October 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#43 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

They’re like ying and yang. Probably so GoDs don’t turn evil and kill everyone.

#44 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

We discuss anime and manga here, but mostly anime, since it's weekly while manga is monthly (?) (This thread was originally in the Anime discussion subforum)

I'm not sure how much anime can spoil the manga, since the manga is taking a completely different take on the story. Although they have some similar stuff, like for example Zeno being the one to destroy Zamasu, it's completely different from the anime though, as the anime had Goku and Trunks beat Zamasu

The gods are a set because the Kaioshins can only create and observe. They are not to interfere at all, while the GoDs are to interfere and destroy the planets that put the balance in risk. They complete each other. One creates and keeps watch, the other (supposedly) waits until the Kaioshin tells him something is unbalanced and destroys it. Of course this all goes to shit when you think about the buu arc, but all is explained by Beerus being a lazy fuck, the Kaioshin being a newbie who probably graduated from an apprentice a few years before Buu and Whis not giving a fuck

Edited by Strobacaxi, 01 October 2017 - 08:44 AM.

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#45 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

The one piece special was total shit. I hope this won't happen to the Dbs special.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#46 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Isn't the DBS special just a 1 hour episode featuring Jiren fucking up Goku?

• DarkNemesis and Chillman like this

#47 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Ah we'll finally see Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Blue Super Saiyan Mystic Super Saying God-of-Destruction Super Saiyan Goku, or just SSGSSBSSMSSGODSS Goku for short

• DarkNemesis, Frankenstein and Chillman like this

#48 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

They’re like ying and yang. Probably so GoDs don’t turn evil and kill everyone.

Would the Supreme Kai be that willing to commit suicide if the GoD gets out of hand? Fair enough, but still I feel the conditions are too advantageous for GoD. They are much stronger, they are the bosses (given how Supreme Kai call them Master), they have 4 Supreme Kai to waste, as in all 4 have to be killed for GoD to be dead while if GoD is dead all 4 of them die. That isn't really what I'd call balance.

The gods are a set because the Kaioshins can only create and observe. They are not to interfere at all, while the GoDs are to interfere and destroy the planets that put the balance in risk. They complete each other. One creates and keeps watch, the other (supposedly) waits until the Kaioshin tells him something is unbalanced and destroys it. Of course this all goes to shit when you think about the buu arc, but all is explained by Beerus being a lazy fuck, the Kaioshin being a newbie who probably graduated from an apprentice a few years before Buu and Whis not giving a fuck

Oh, I know why they are a set in terms of their jobs. What I mean is why their lives are linked so that one dies the other dies, too. Is it something put on them by King of All (or someone higher in authority)? Can't be innate cause GoD is chosen from other races in universe.

And I don't understand why only 1 Supreme Kai get to go with the GoD and the Angel attendant to the meeting with King of All? Aren't there 4 of them? If only 1 is chosen then shouldn't it be the Grand Supreme Kai? Yeah, now that I think about it shouldn't the GoD and the Grand Supreme Kai be a set instead of the Supreme Kai? I don't follow DB closely aside from the original manga and some of the anime so tell me if there are other world-building details I should know.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#49 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Would the Supreme Kai be that willing to commit suicide if the GoD gets out of hand? Fair enough, but still I feel the conditions are too advantageous for GoD. They are much stronger, they are the bosses (given how Supreme Kai call them Master), they have 4 Supreme Kai to waste, as in all 4 have to be killed for GoD to be dead while if GoD is dead all 4 of them die. That isn't really what I'd call balance.

Oh, I know why they are a set in terms of their jobs. What I mean is why their lives are linked so that one dies the other dies, too. Is it something put on them by King of All (or someone higher in authority)? Can't be innate cause GoD is chosen from other races in universe.

And I don't understand why only 1 Supreme Kai get to go with the GoD and the Angel attendant to the meeting with King of All? Aren't there 4 of them? If only 1 is chosen then shouldn't it be the Grand Supreme Kai? Yeah, now that I think about it shouldn't the GoD and the Grand Supreme Kai be a set instead of the Supreme Kai? I don't follow DB closely aside from the original manga and some of the anime so tell me if there are other world-building details I should know.

There's a lot of things that just don't make sense. It's not just you :P We know U10 only had 1 supreme kai, Gowasu, and one apprentice, Zamasu. We also know that the U7's supreme kai (Goku's) is a young kai who was very a recent "graduate". We could guess U7 had 5 supreme kais because the fat one wanted more apprentices, but we don't really know, there might just be one kaioshin per universe and U7 was the exception, or they might just have brought the Grand Supreme Kai.

But yeah, I'm guessing Zeno or the Daishinkan does something to new Kaioshins to link them to their GoD. They probably do it to ensure that they can keep each other in check

Also, Beerus was linked to all kaioshins, including the old kai who was stuck in the sword.

• Fulmine likes this

#50 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

its tonite bois

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#51 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

Get ready for the bullshit power up, hold on tight and put on your seat belts, we're about to cross a true shitstorm

• DarkNemesis and Chillman like this

#52 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Get ready for the bullshit power up, hold on tight and put on your seat belts, we're about to cross a true shitstorm

We are already there!

Spoiler

第11宇宙最強の戦士。無口でクールだが恐るべき強さを誇り、その実力は破壊神の領域に達しているという。

Eleventh universe strongest warrior. He is cool, but he is proud of his awesome strength, he says that his ability has reached the domain of destruction of God.

destruction of god == hakkaishin == god of destruction

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#53 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Shit cant find a stream...

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#54 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Where do we watch it? YouTube be killing streams
  • retroluffy13 and KUROkami like this

#55 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

@Tokoya we need a hail marry

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#56 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

There's a pre-fight show. And I believe that the actual show will show aftewards.

• retroluffy13 likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#57 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

What fool I was to believe that this form is a whole new form...
This shit is just the well known dragonfist form. Damn you!

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#58 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

I tried the funanimation site. They're going through maintenance :lol:

This shit is just the well known dragonfist form.

Huh? What is this dragonfist form you speak of?

Spoiler

#59 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

I tried the funanimation site. They're going through maintenance :lol:

Huh? What is this dragonfist form you speak of?

You never played budokai 3?
https://youtu.be/CVRu3QwDwzI

Edited by Enbima, 07 October 2017 - 08:13 PM.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#60 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

So to no one’s surprise, the website is slow. Who knew hyping an event to one area can cause so much lag?
  • DarkNemesis and KUROkami like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users