#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

A new season is upon us so we'll once again use this thread to discuss the various anime that we're following.

So far I've seen...

Recovery of a MMO Junkie
Kino's Journey
Two Car
Zodiac War
King's Game
Blend S
The Ancient Magnus' Bride

Surprisingly I enjoyed all but one of those but I doubt I'll have enough time to keep up with them all. I also attempted to watch Black Clover but gave up halfway through, I might try it again when I have more time.

@Tokoya If I had to nominate anything as the clubhouse choice this season it would be either the first or the last one listed.

So what is everybody else following this season?

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

A new season is upon us so we'll once again use this thread to discuss the various anime that we're following.

So far I've seen...

Recovery of a MMO Junkie
Kino's Journey
Two Car
Zodiac War
King's Game
Blend S
The Ancient Magnus' Bride

Surprisingly I enjoyed all but one of those but I doubt I'll have enough time to keep up with them all. I also attempted to watch Black Clover but gave up halfway through, I might try it again when I have more time.

@Tokoya If I had to nominate anything as the clubhouse choice this season it would be either the first or the last one listed.

So what is everybody else following this season?

Maybe it'll be better to just discuss everything here unless you or anyone else feels like making a thread for a specific show but my recommendation is still the same, Kino's Journey - Looks like it might be a remake after all

So far I've seen:

Magus's Bride

Juuni Taisen

Ousama Game

Souma S3

UQ Holder

Infini-T-Force

Code:Realize

Just Because - This a SoL/Romance and I think you'll like it in the long run @Goddess Nike

Garo: Vanishing Line

Dies Irae

Netojuu no Susume

Kekkai Sensen S2

Osake wa Fufu (This one's a really cute and surprisingly informative short)

And I'm about to watch Houseki no Kuni....But I can say that the sequels have all been amazing as expected (Heard the same for Gintama too) and apart from those, I liked Garo, Juuni Taisen and Kino the most, but all of them were pretty good save for Dies Irae (I'm only watching it for the cool blonde dude) and Code:Realize which was just decent-ish

P.S. Fuck Trash Clover....Don't waste your time with it

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

So far I'm only watching Gintama, UQ Holder, the Yuki Yuna Pre/Sequel, and Kekkai Sensen.

No complaints with any of them, although Kekkai Sensen feels kind of hollow without the anime original romance and the awesome ED song from the first season. Without them, it's just a wacky action show that I don't see the point in following. I hope it starts some kind of ongoing storyline.

samisig.jpg

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

Everyone should watch the first 5 minutes of Imouto Sae Ireba 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

I am currently watching Ousama Game, Kino's journey (might drop that ine tho.), Junni Taisen and Black Clover.

If anyone have any recommandation on any anime this fall, I will give it a try.

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

I am currently watching Ousama Game, Kino's journey (might drop that ine tho.), Junni Taisen and Black Clover.

If anyone have any recommandation on any anime this fall, I will give it a try.

Imouto sae Ireba, Children of the Whales (This will be the dark horse of the season, mark my words), The Magus's Bride and Garo Vanishing Line

I would recommend Kekkai Sensen and Souma but they're sequels so I take it that you haven't seen the previous seasons for them since you're not watching them

Another interesting one to look out for is Inuyashiki but that comes out tomorrow

Edited by Tokoya, 10 October 2017 - 11:52 AM.

• Grimmjagger likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Imouto sae Ireba, Children of the Whales (This will be the dark horse of the season, mark my words), The Magus's Bride and Garo Vanishing Line
I would recommend Kekkai Sensen and Souma but they're sequels so I take it that you haven't seen the previous seasons for them since you're not watching them
Another interesting one to look out for is Inuyashiki but that comes out tomorrow

Thanks, I'll definetly try Imouto sae Ireba, I had seen it but, for some reason hesitated to watch it.

I'll try them out!

Yeah, I havent watch Kekkai Sensen (except for ep1 of the first season.) and I didnt like Souma (I dont like the food subject in it, the ecchi's fine tho).

Oh yeah, I am waiting for Inuyashiki as well!
  • Tokoya likes this

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#8 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,171 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

So far, I've liked Kino the most, but I have no idea how it'll be going forward.  I meant to watch Just Because, but I haven't gotten to it yet.  Juuni Taisen just wasn't as good as I expected.

How are Garo and Imouto sae Ireba? @Tokoya

ilhd1c.jpg

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

So far, I've liked Kino the most, but I have no idea how it'll be going forward.  I meant to watch Just Because, but I haven't gotten to it yet.  Juuni Taisen just wasn't as good as I expected.

How are Garo and Imouto sae Ireba? @Tokoya

This new Garo is exactly how a successor to Guren no Tsuki should be and the main character is imo the best protagonist yet and as for Imouto sae Ireba, it's probably going to be one of the better comedies this season, plus it's kind of like a parody of things like Oreimo, Eromanga-sensei and every other show that has a brother obsessed with his underaged little sister (And thankfully the main cast for the most part are 18 and older instead of being middle-high schoolers)

Edited by Tokoya, 11 October 2017 - 10:19 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

This new Garo is exactly how a successor to Guren no Tsuki should be and the main character is imo the best protagonist yet and as for Imouto sae Ireba, it's probably going to be one of the better comedies this season, plus it's kind of like a parody of things like Oreimo, Eromanga-sensei and every other show that has a brother obsessed with his underaged little sister (And thankfully the main cast for the most part are 18 and older instead of being middle-high schoolers)

Hmm...I'll go check it out.

Imouto sae Ireba just sounded cheesy.  It's good that they're adults, though.

ilhd1c.jpg

#11 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Hmm...I'll go check it out.

Imouto sae Ireba just sounded cheesy.  It's good that they're adults, though.

Imouto sae Ireba kinda disappoint for me, in the first episode, not much happened, except for a little developpement to set up the story.

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#12 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

@Tokoya The art style of Garo wasn't to my taste, and the combat/plot disinterested me.  I actually visually didn't like the swinging around combat.  It felt...jarring.

ilhd1c.jpg

#13 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

@Tokoya The art style of Garo wasn't to my taste, and the combat/plot disinterested me.  I actually visually didn't like the swinging around combat.  It felt...jarring.

If I had a sad react, I would use it now :(

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#14 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

If I had a sad react, I would use it now :(

Sorry...

ilhd1c.jpg

#15 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

I tried watching kings game, gonna have to drop it though, it's just too messed up I was hoping for a future diary type of thing. That said I'm intetested enough to watch the end when it's out.

#16 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Sorry...

No worries bro.....But still, this show continues to be so good man......The new female Makai Alchemist is already better (And hotter) than Emma  :aww:

Edited by Tokoya, 20 October 2017 - 05:58 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#17 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

No worries bro.....But still, this show continues to be so good man......The new female Makai Alchemist is already better (And hotter) than Emma  :aww:

It just felt so..old-fashioned.

ilhd1c.jpg

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

It just felt so..old-fashioned.

Animation wise or just in general?

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Animation wise or just in general?

I mean, I thought that the animation during the fighting was jarring (although it's a style that you see now and then), but I meant in terms of the story, pacing, dialogue, setting, and probably a few other things, too.

• Tokoya likes this

ilhd1c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users