#21 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

I have to agree that MMO Junkie is also my favorite new show. I am interested in finding out if Koiwai is trying to help Sakurai out or if he is genuinely interested in Moriko for himself; the latter might make for a more dramatic story but I hope it's the former since I find him somewhat annoying. It also makes me more interested in finding out her past for some of the same reasons Nike said but also she doesn't seem to have any dating experience despite already being 30 which is surprising since she doesn't seem opposed to romance at all.

I think the current arc of Welcome to Ballroom is my favorite so far in part because of Chinatsu; despite their volatility on the dance floor her and Tatara have good on screen chemistry together. I didn't ship them at first but I definitely do now.

I'm still not sure what to make of Imouto no Sae though I do really like the insight into the light novel industry. I just think my dislike of the main character is pulling me out of what could otherwise be a good show.

I have nothing to offer on King's Game except I think that's the least amount of concern someone has ever showed while on fire in the history of anything.

I think episode six solidified that Juni Taisen is indeed sticking with zodiac order which is disappointing but the show still has me interested enough to see how things play out.

Episode four of Yuki Yuna is Hero was just absolutely devastating, I haven't been able to watch the show since but I'll get back to it eventually.

• DaEvilWithin, Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#22 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,109 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

The AOTY (Besides Rakugo) just got a second season confirmation :aww: I never thought that this was gonna happen but it did :'')
  • Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#23 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:04 AM

Konohana Kitan
I thought this show would be boring at first but by episode 8 it became my favorite anime of the season. The characters are all nice but the subtle yet polished storytelling is really the selling point for me.

Love is like a Cocktail
There's not much to say here since this is just a short but Chisato and Sora are easily one of the most adorable couples not only of the year but in all of anime. The drinks also look pretty nice, it almost makes want to ask my husband to make them despite my intense hatred of alcohol.

Recovery of a MMO Junkie
I wish this show had focused a little more on the recovery aspect of it's title or at least addressed why Moriko became a neet in the first place but I liked what we got regardless. The adorkable chemistry of the two leads is what made this show for me and it's nice to watch characters closer to my age (even if their inexperience in relationships still makes them act like shy high schoolers around each other).

Ancient Magnus Bride
I like this show though I find it hard to give an actual reason as to why since I'm still not sure where this story is going or what it's even about, the aesthetics are nice though.

Himoto Umaru-Chan
There isn't really much difference from the first season but I'm enjoying this more, it might be because Umaru has matured a bit or else she is shown in a better light when with her friends than at home.

Imouto no Sae
This show oscillates between being gross, funny, and boring but is ultimately much better than title and opening few minutes would suggest. I suppose I'll have to wait for it to finish to determine what message it's trying to convey and if I like it or not.

Zodiac War
This show lost me a while ago, around the time they decided it was a good idea to do a double episode on the snake and dragon twins one of which has been dead before the show started. Considering the premise I can't think of a least interesting way this show could've turned out, Rat's power is somewhat interesting or at least it would be if was used more in the show (and if we Re:Zero hadn't already done a better version of it).

King's Game
I'm at a loss for words with this show except to say that might literally be the worst I've ever seen, or at least I can't remember a worse show at the moment.

Welcome to Ballroom
Chinatsu gets on my nerves sometimes but I enjoyed her character arc and flashback more than any other in the series so far and prefer her as a partner to Tatara despite their clashing personalities and dance styles.

Boruto
I know this show has it's own thread but I'll just say that I really liked the graduation arc and even though I was skeptical of the anime team's decision to start the series during the academy days I'm glad they did because it makes us much more emotionally invested in the characters than we were at this point in the story for Naruto.

--
PS

I'm going to do both the 2017 Game awards and 2017 Anime awards early next week when I finally get some free time, it's been a crazy month.

• Tokoya, Candles and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#24 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

Konohana Kitan has actually been my favorite of this season from the beginning though admittedly I'm not watching as many things as in other seasons due to the holidays being as busy as they are.

Speaking of Boruto, my daughters love that show though I haven't seen much of it personally.

• Tokoya and Kid Frost like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users