Whats good everyone
First off I want to apologize for the delay, this version was supposed to come about roughly 3 months ago, but my PC crashed on me and it took a while to rebuild (Spent a few months without a PC). But I'm all good now on that front.
One benefit of the delay is that it gave me more time to look into what else I can add onto the reader outside of what was suggested in the last thread, and I came up with a few things, some of which I threw into this version.
Feel free to check out the new reader here: https://onemangaforums.com/reader/
Now here's the breakdown of the list of improvements made to the reader so far!
- Changed the size of the manga titles throughout the site as per @Zeando 's suggestion. At first I was kinda against it but I realised that they were indeed a bit too big, and that it wouldn't hurt to be able to fit more on the page (Especially in the search page). So after messing around a bit I made them smaller, fitting six titles on a row instead of 4: Spoiler
- Got rid of the "Submit" page for now, since it's not really needed right now. Also renamed the "Browse" page to "Search"
- Corrected any spelling errors.
Manga search form
- The "Author" and "Artist" fields are no longer separate. The "Author" field now accepts either the manga's author or artist name. The "Artist" form field has been removed.
- You can now include/exclude manga based on genre by clicking the check boxes, changing their appearance. A checked box will include manga that are in that genre in the search results, a box with the X will exclude manga in that genre from the search results.
- You can now search for manga that have been released on, before or after a specified year.
- A "Type" field has added to the form. So now you can search for manga, manhwa, 4koma etc specifically.
- You can now sort results by "Title", "Rating", "Favorites", "Date Uploaded" and "Year Released", in ascending or descending order. Note that the sort criteria will be reflected in the list of manga results (Manga sorted by favorites will display the amount of favorites they have, manga sorted by date will display the date uploaded and so on)
- A small tool-tip describing the genre will be displayed when the user hover's their mouse over a genre's checkbox.
- A new reader mode, "basic reader" has been added. When in this mode, the user can read the manga chapter by scrolling vertically. The reader uses infinite scrolling, so it loads the next page when you reach the bottom of the previous page. The reader menu at the top tells you which page in the chapter you are currently reading
- A small menu bar has been added above the reader. The first button allows you to switch between the basic and advanced reader modes on the page. The last two buttons allow you to share the current manga chapter's URL on facebook and twitter respectively.
- A few subtle visual cues have been added to the advanced reader. The respective page navigation arrows will grey out when the user is at the end or start of a chapter.
A few keyboard shortcuts have been added to the reader page as well:
- Left Arrow – Previous page
- Right Arrow – Next page
- Alt + T – toggle thumbnail list
- Alt + R – swaps readers
Edited by ArSoNiSt JoE, 26 October 2017 - 06:56 PM.