Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/883/page/1

http://readms.net/r/...iece/883/4660/1

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 27 October 2017 - 02:07 AM.

• Abaroxa likes this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

ugg!! Katikurui looked digusting without his fur.

I guess Big Mom forced him to wear that.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#3 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:32 AM

A foil to Luffy in every way.  He's even a glutton like him!  :laugh:

Edited by Saiyan5nine-tails, 27 October 2017 - 01:32 AM.

• Kazekage, Raiden and Chillman like this

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#4 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

Kat's related to Bartemelo...

So what did Luffy noticed? That because he was so flustered his ability is disrupted or maybe it was a time limit thing... Seeing that he didn't try to see Luffy through his death?

#5 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

Kat's related to Bartemelo...

So what did Luffy noticed? That because he was so flustered his ability is disrupted or maybe it was a time limit thing... Seeing that he didn't try to see Luffy through his death?

Timing of his Haki.  He was using Armament Haki, when his "foresight" is Haki of Observation. His foresight requires 100% Haki of Observation.  If he uses any other Haki, he cannot use it.

• emirua and Madara D Dragon like this

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

Awesome chapter, Katakuri is beastly - both literally and figuratively.

He seems to be the OP equivalent of Dracula tbh.

Also he seems to be tanking Luffy's G4 too, I don't think he was damaged much if at all by that Kong Gun attack.

MS version is out:

http://readms.net/r/...iece/883/4660/1

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:02 AM

Awesome chapter! The best chapter we’ve had in awhile! If anyone has a problem wit this chapter I legit wanna hear yall excuse

Right from the beginning I love how Dogtooth said he wont underestimate Luffy and actually proved it by doin something that every bad guy from every manga shouldve done at some point against the protagonist. Stoppin the big transformation in the middle.

I know @ captain kidd will be happy seeing dogtooth and luffy using CoO so much

I didnt think dogtooth looked that bad. He looked kinda funny and silly but still cool to me

And his mouth is ripped open?? Thats awesome. I wonder if he did that to himself or BM did it to him.

And luffy figured out dogtooth’s ability? Wat does he mean??

Seeing dogtooth use mochi so much is awesome too!

Why did he abandon his trident all of sudden? I thought that was gone be his final weapon. Did oda get tired of it?? Thats weird.

Timing of his Haki. He was using Armament Haki, when his "foresight" is Haki of Observation. His foresight requires 100% Haki of Observation. If he uses any other Haki, he cannot use it.

ohhhh i didnt think of that. That make sense! If thats the case I can see how luffy will beat him

Edited by PunkHazard, 27 October 2017 - 03:15 AM.

• Raiden likes this

#8 Deadringer

Deadringer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

Don't tell me Katakuri is Half Fishman.......

#9 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

I thought this before but i dont think everyone wit sharp teeth are fishermen. Im honestly not 100% sure that jack is a fishermen

#10 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Don't tell me Katakuri is Half Fishman.......

What if he's half Mink? It would be pretty lame if both Yonkou's one of best fighters is fishmens... Jack seems to be fishman, how else he was still alive (Even though he wasn't able to move because of DF)?

• Raiden likes this

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:58 AM

Awesome chapter. I had to read the 2 versions to actually understand what katakuri was saying. MS has been a mess for the past months.

No one can complain about this chapter. Most complains were about the lack of focus on just luffy and katakuri fight.

So katakuri who seemed humble was just a deceiving bastard. He pretended he didn't want brulee to hype him up last chapter and yet he is willing to kill to maintain that image. SHAME.

And luffy figured out dogtooth’s ability? Wat does he mean??

Is it that katakuri can only hit 100% of 1 of his Haki abilities at a time? So he was using 100 CoO and now he's switch to 100 of CoA.

@ captain kidd did this chapter just confirmed that Ussop and Fuji vision is also a CoO.

Edited by Abaroxa, 27 October 2017 - 03:01 AM.

#12 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

Oh i forgot to mention that i like how luffy mentions how he has to eat everything wit this crew. Only luffy could eat his opponents powers like that since his stomach stretches

Also wat does mochi taste like? Why does luffy hate it??

Edited by PunkHazard, 27 October 2017 - 03:26 AM.

#13 mings

mings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

It's obvious he's a half mink, hence the name 'dog' tooth.
So did he sew his mouth on purpose to disguise it? Weird.

Interesting chapter. Luffy finally know his opponent and go G4. Does dogtooth have conqueror haki? Looks like he does.

#14 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

So I assume that you can shift the power of haki. When he went 100% armament he couldn't sense any attack, 0% CoO.

Also his eating scene reminded me of a cartoon character but who was it..
  • Chillman likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#15 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:23 AM

I fucking died.  :lolxg: Well played Oda.

There are two things I didn't like about this:

• Katakuri killing the chefs. I hope Oda isn't implying everything we've seen from Katakuri up to now is false and that he doesn't really care for his crew. It would be better if was just panicking after being caught stuffing his face and took them out because of that. I really liked the fact that Katakuri stood up for his family and crew.
  • Katakuri appears to have lost his edge because of this. It seems like he can still handle Luffy (even in G4), but he seems so flustered that he's gonna have trouble dealing with Luffy. I wanted Luffy to win on the basis of his strength or not win at all. That said, this might still happen. It's gonna be slightly annoying if Katakuri loses because of this. I don't like good villains losing because of things that have nothing to do with their fights. 

Other than that, we got a full chapter dedicated to their fight (finally). Katakuri preventing Luffy from going G4 was incredibly good. We haven't seen people interfere with Luffy like that before and the only time I remember anyone trying to do something similar was Pedro against Tamago. I can't even complain about the way he underestimated Luffy after he said he wasn't underestimating him, because it's plausible that he'd just slip a bit if he couldn't control his hankering for "forbidden immoral donuts" anymore.  :laugh:

Edited by Tale, 27 October 2017 - 04:41 AM.

• Kazekage, Ajh77, Kaidou and 2 others like this

#16 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:22 AM

magnificence multiplied by the genius named ODA with his meticulous planned supremely well written chapter. 
this chapter breaks so many obnoxious views about ODA. namely:

>i sincerely hope no one will ever after this question ODA's "fighting chapters" .ever.period. the build up,the character emphasis, the fun,the pun (Luffy calling out on himself about eating and winning) was all in the perfect place. the hype,the strength ,the expression was beautifully erected. 

comments on the chapter itself:
this is how an arc boos fight should be. there is no doubt this IS the prelude of the next forthcoming fights of yankou level. ODA perfectly build it up with niche detail that Luffy himself can understand the drawbacks of him. point to be noted Luffy ate and there is a chance he can go toe to toe with katakuri.

however, there is certain tense that Lufffy still might lose , despite understanding katakuri's power. that makes the chapter,the fight itself non-hax(like several other cheap fighting series like SDS or bleach) .

the fun was there,ODA style,the sarcasm all way too perfect. 

I fucking died.  :lolxg: Well played Oda.

There are two things I didn't like about this:

• Katakuri killing the chefs. I hope Oda isn't implying everything we've seen from Katakuri up to now is false and that he doesn't really care for his crew. It would be better if was just panicking after being caught stuffing his face and took them out because of that. I really liked the fact that Katakuri stood up for his family and crew.
  • Katakuri appears to have lost his edge because of this. It seems like he can still handle Luffy (even in G4), but he seems so flustered that he's gonna have trouble dealing with Luffy. I wanted Luffy to win on the basis of his strength or not win at all. That said, this might still happen. It's gonna be slightly annoying if Katakuri loses because of this. I don't like good villains losing because of things that have nothing to do with their fights. 

i would object to both of those points. 
> chefs are not part of main crew,even if they are they are "disposable" standard set by the BM herself. not to mention a personal embarrassment can provoke even the greatest fighter to do disgraceful things

>he dint lost edge,its clear he changed his fighting style, Luffy even surprised that ,Katakuri could dodge it,but he dint,hence implying some change. 
a good fighter,as he was hyped,and as you pointed ,was in fact hyped by "calm ,cool,composed,perfect" hence Luffy targetted EXACTLY that , exposing him such weakness ;thats all part of the battle magnifico.

i would say not a single thing was out of order in this chapter. :)

Awesome chapter. I had to read the 2 versions to actually understand what katakuri was saying. MS has been a mess for the past months.

MS often do some ridiculous translation,once MS started writing translating in such niche words that non-English native readers went haywire. lol ..its always good to read 2 translation for important chapters. 

#17 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:24 AM

Nooooooooo Katakuri is ruined for me D:

I liked that Katakuri wasn't underestimating Luffy and prevenetd him from gear 4.

#18 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

Great chapter! Finally someone doesn't wait until the full transformation... I legit laughed when I saw Katakuri eating. I was afraid we were gonna get some kind of trebol person, but I was glad. I hope those chefs weren't family.

It's weird though, if what you guys say is true and he can't use coo and coa at the same time, why would he change to full coa when full coo was working beautifully?

Also I'm glad we're finally having someone having better haki that the kid who learned the basics of it during 2 years

Edited by Strobacaxi, 27 October 2017 - 05:47 AM.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#19 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

@ dbgetblack

I know the chefs are expendable, but it still seems like something extraordinary for Katakuri to do. If he did that simply out of embarrassment and panic, I'm okay with it. I just wouldn't like it if Katakuri at heart really doesn't care. 

As for Katakuri losing his edge, I think he did a little bit. He was careful enough to stop Luffy using G4 before. Now, not only has Luffy successfully activated it, but he's managed to hit Katakuri in G2. I'm not sure how much that has to do with Katakuri being careless because of his emotional state than with Luffy figuring out Katakuri's weakness, but it's possible Luffy could figure out the weakness only because Katakuri is being careless.

my vote goes for changing fighting style ,as he demonstrated while saying "there are things beyond armament " ;but yeah we will see in upcoming chapter for the clear mandate of what ODA wanted to portray.

#20 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

I'm not sure that was the correct translation. Jaminis puts it differently:

https://jaiminisbox....n/0/883/page/14

http://readms.net/r/...ece/883/4660/14

I prefer MS's version. Katakuri's arm looks completely different. That is not regular hardening.

• Tale and Chillman like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users