Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:53 AM

I smiled out loud when Luffy found Brulee.

So Luffy can move now after G4. My take is either Luffy is stronger than in Dressrosa or Luffy was now prepared for G4 to end, while in Dressrosa he was in middle of attack which might have exhaust Luffy more
  • capu, masterbio and Chillman like this

#3 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:06 AM

Freaking loved this chapter.
I know LxK was interrupted but yet we got to see so much.

I smiled out loud when Luffy found Brulee.

So Luffy can move now after G4. My take is either Luffy is stronger than in Dressrosa or Luffy was now prepared for G4 to end, while in Dressrosa he was in middle of attack which might have exhaust Luffy more

I laughed a lot as well with luffys face when he met brulle. She doesn't even try to fight him off. He doesn't even have Haki and she just accepts it.
It's a good contrast to the begging of the arc where she was trying to finish him.
I guess brulle understood where she belongs after luffy beat cracker.

I guess luffy is just getting used to g4 and it's drawbacks. At some point g4 will have the same drawbacks as G3.
This chapter we saw that is body was fine. He used G3 and made a very fast jump to escape lady amande which might have been G2.

Btw was that cracker on BM ship with the rest of the BM pirates?

Katakuri moving in liquid form looked super cool as well.
Confirmation that it's 6pm.

Edited by Abaroxa, 10 November 2017 - 03:09 AM.

• Raiden and D.Hyuga like this

#4 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:29 AM

So if Luffy (Or someone else in accidentally/purpose) would kill Brulee right now (or later, Luffy still needs get away from BM and i doubt Luffy would kill Brulee), Katakuri would be trapped in mirror world forever or until someone eats Mirror DF. It seems that in Mirror World has connection to all mirrors in the world, making possible to go anywhere quickly (Example: From Whole cake island to somewhere in South Blue)? Also, Luffy can move after using gear 4th, does this mean at some point Luffy will no more lose haki after using G4 (But there still be time limit how long Luffy can be in G4)? After all, he don't anymore shrink small when he uses G3

https://mangastream....ece/885/4692/16

Abaroxa, you mean Cracker's biscuit armour?

Edited by Timppafin93, 10 November 2017 - 03:35 AM.

#5 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:29 AM

I like this chapter too. I wonder is he goin to eva beat dogtooth. At this rate it seems like he wont beat him and they’ll jus rely on BM eatin the cake. I womder if that will make her forgive them and let them go

And crackers back! Awesome

#6 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

Despite this chapter being a true progress, i still dont understand how Luffy could keep up g4 this long. I mean he wasnt even able to keep g4 up for an about hour (?) at DR, but the cake was supposed  to take longer than that (anyone knoing the exact time?,i  dont recall when/which chapter it was stated....) this should signify a huge powerup when comparing DR Luffy to  WCI Luffy, especially since he now is able to move right away after G4 durationtime is done.

BTW anyone else thinking the cover page on MS to be awesome? I mean Brook as Peros, Usoop as D'or, Nami as BM and Chopper as Bobbins look outstanding to me. And Pedro as Pudding is just hilarious :D

Another thing to notice was that Amande seems reletivlely strong too, since her slash was easily able to cut through Candy Wall when Luffys hakiless g3 did nothing to it. 

Anyone interested in Namis belt? Are those bullets? What does B stand for? Bellemere? https://mangastream....ece/885/4692/16

Edited by capu, 10 November 2017 - 04:11 AM.

#7 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:13 AM

Brûlée for new nakama.

Edited by Chillman, 10 November 2017 - 04:14 AM.

#8 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:14 AM

Well... So Katakuri beats Luffy's G4 quite smoothly (and without receiving a single hit while he remained calm)... And Luffy's G4 runs out and he needs to scape... And he CAN run now (showing a clear upgrade in skills from Drwssrossa)...

But of course Katakuri isn't stronger than DD. Cause, you know, gamma knife.
  • Dude and KUROkami like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#9 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

Good chapter. It seems we know how Big Mom is going to be taken down this arc, but I'm still not sure what it's going to mean. I guess we'll see. It's also interesting that nothing has resulted in this chapter from Oven showing up. It did seem like Oda is setting up a fight, but that looks like it won't happen until Sanji leaves the kitchen and fights Oven torturing Pound.

Katakuri has technically beaten Luffy twice, now. We haven't see him deal with King Kong Gun, but he's shown himself quite capable of outlasting G4 and even injuring Luffy in that mode. Normally, I'd be up in arms to see Luffy saved again by sheer luck, considering this is the second time this has happened in this fight, but I can't exactly describe showing up in front of Big Mom, Perospero and whoever else is there without haki 'lucky'. (And I'm quite happy with the result, which is a feat that helps us scale the lesser BM Pirates).

Shame about the break. 

• Raiden likes this

#10 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

I SEE JUICEEEEEEEE!!!
SMOOOTHIE IS ALIVEEEE!!! OUR HOPE OF JUICING NAMI IS STILL ALIVE!!  :lolxg:  :lolxg:

• Tale likes this

#11 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:29 AM

Solid chapter, I guess this could be the end of Katakuri against Luffy. Unless Katakuri finds him, I kinda of doubt if they will clash again.

It was pretty dumb of Luffy to tell his opponent of G4's time limit. Brulee was stupid as well, napping in a place unguarded and letting Luffy grab her.

Like Tale said, I think that Sanji may clash with Oven once they have existed the factory.

Not surprised about the break, I just knew that Oda was gonna take one. Still with every week that passes, it makes it and more unlikely for him to finish this arc off and start on Wano.

Pffft, so much for Oda's so called word about showing Wano this year. Time is against him, with every day and week that passes - this makes it more and more unlikely. Especially considering the fact that Jump usually goes on break for 2 weeks during December cuz of Christmas too.

#12 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:45 AM

It was pretty dumb of Luffy to tell his opponent of G4's time limit.

For what I understood, Katakuri saw the future of Luffy shrinking (too right pannel of that page) and so after that Luffy said "oh you mean the G4 time limit?"

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#13 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

that was cheap oda very cheap.

3 weeks ago luffy couldnt even move after gear 4 and now hes spaming it...in a weak state.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#14 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

If a>b and b>c a>/>c

#15 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

Well... So Katakuri beats Luffy's G4 quite smoothly (and without receiving a single hit while he remained calm)... And Luffy's G4 runs out and he needs to scape... And he CAN run now (showing a clear upgrade in skills from Drwssrossa)...

Finally a post where you give yourself the answer and don't jump to false conclusion from comparing a Yonkou commander with a heavenly weakened Doflamingo. You make progress :thumbup:

#16 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

I liked this chapter of Toriko, as usual the food descriptions are on point although I’m starting to miss the main cast as I haven’t seen zebra in a while but at least we saw tengu brunch this chapter which is cool.

On the real I just want to see smoothie do stuff, not in a meme way but actually do something
  • Enbima and Tale like this

#17 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

Cover story still going strong....... not..... good job making me miss the cover pictures of law fighting monkeys or struggling to determine if it is hancock or robin.

Oda i am fine with your remote activating haki bull shit. But at some point you have to address how those mocchi arms are flying....

Hahahaha "he went back to being strong" luffy you are a special kind of stupid.....i sire hope to god this isnt foreshadowning luffu will use donuts to distract dogtooth and beat him....

Ok so we have gone from dogtooth having multiple arms to having donuts to having multiple donuts....cool...

Ignoring all physics because oda does anyway. Martial arts..... so a donut flying in the air, hit luffy who is also hovering in the air. If i ever take a martial arts again and the instructor says i need to plant my feet to create a strong base then rotate at the hips to add power to the punch, i will laugh at him jump in the air and punch him in the face.

Wow wow wow there dogtooth. Lets not get carried away. "I am invincible as long as i am calm" do you really think that? Really? Really? Fine, go test that theory on Kiadou. Or better yet go defeat bm to save tot land.

Love the optimism luffy. Dogtooth is defeatable, the guy who just went toe to toe with your strongest ability and won easily.

Well that is a good piece of info, as obvious now, and looking back on the DD fight, luffy doesnt actually know his own time limit. Jesus he is like hanzo from Naruto who had to keep looking down at his arm.... for the love of god learn to count you morons. I dont know when 20 mins has passed but if my fighting style depended on it you better believe i would find a way to keep track of time. Probably count to 1200 in my head subconsiously.

Ok something is missing. Where the hell was the time skip?
2 options
1 oda fucking off screened the time skip.....that is a new level of lazy...
2 luffy time limit for G4 isnt set in stone (like choppers rumbal) and it can be greatly shortened if he is injured before using G4.

Ok number 2 seems like the obvious choice but..... the way luffy said it doesnt support number 2. He said "ah thats right G4's time limit" he accepted it. No fuss no nothing. Just like he remembered a rule he had forgotten.
Oh well, either way i wish we knew why he was this way.

Running away?!?!....nice...sun tsu says.... oh forget it...

Dogtooth "for my next 'am i logia am i paramicum' trick i will melt down and move at the speed of mocchi!!!! Because running using your feet is for suckers! I would much rather travel at the rate of a vicaous solid" if he was moving through rubble or under a door i would get it, but this is just unnecessary. You dont see carbiou melting down and moving at the speed of swamp....

Good to see luffy no longer needs people to carry him.

See dogtooth? Too slow. Luffy letting air put of his mouth made him move faster then mocchi.

Luffy sees bluree- "that face you make when you know your about to kidnap a woman and use her ability to please you" i feel for you bluree. Not too much though but enough.... so much peotential yet reduced to a kidnapping victim half this arc.

Ok forget sun tzu...... how about a little common sense.
Luffy's answer "I will wait here for my haki to return then go back to the fight i was badly losing"
Correct answer "oh....look at that... dogtooth is trapped in mirror world and cant get out as long as i have bluree"
Hahahahaha, i get it, i would miss out on the long awaited for fight i wanted to see this arc. But this is "goku allowing friza to power up" levels of stupid. Dont give luffy such an easy out of the whole fight only for him to return.

Not only that, but if luffy gets all his haki back in 10 mins, what does dogtooth get in 10 minuets? Maybe he can heal compeletly? Maybe he can set a ton of mocchi traps? Maybe he gets his haki up to stronger levels? Maybe he was running out of awakening?

Maybe bm wont notice ....... there he is get him!!!!

"Wasnt she supposed to be at sea chasing the sunny" listen jerk i have several comments for that.
1 you know damn well the sunny escaped bm, nami called you and everything.....
2 man wtf? This is significantly better. The correct response is "thank god bm is here destroying stuff instead of chasing my crew. Well time to run.

Now i want to fault mirror world itself. How the hell does that place work? Luffy entered a mirror on his ship, a little running around and he was on nuts island. Chopper and carrot entered a mirror in the seducing woods. A DAYs worth of running around and they never left wci.

Oda, next time you want to do this nonsense. Just pull a stan lee, put yourself in the the manga, appear in the middle of the fight, throw luffy into an interdimensional protal and have him appear on nuts island. It would be less ass pull then this. Maybe bluree was sticking close to where bm was, maybe, but that still doesnt explain how luffy ran into bluree. He didnt see her and go runing he turned a corner and was 5 feet from her.

I mean..... she threw a castle at luffy, he could of just allowed the castle to hit him. He is still rubber. Have a nice 10 min rest under the castle. If bm and co coudnt use their coo to find the sunny a few feet to their right on the opean ocean, they would surely take over 10 mins searching through rubble for luffy. But there are other problems with that so take it how you will. (And bluree might die)

G3 effortkessly crushes steel, but not candy. No sir. In fact, candy is stronger then steel in OP. Far enough.

Hold on, how did peros wave his hand and candy appear out of no where. Its not awakening is it? Probably not.... also now that oda retconned BM'S tsunami into a candy tsunami, and peros can do stuff like this, tank an explosion only losing an arm, make walls stronger then steel (except weak to fire) i would love to see in what world he loses a fight to crackers.

Also, when swordsmen do stuff like that, it makes you really wonder why more people arent swordsmen.

Oh thank god a check up on nami and jimbe, they are worried and sailing, i would have never guessed..... thank you ao much oda. The man legitimatly has A.D.D.
BB "any last words before i use the most powerful attack in all of OP to kill you?!?!"
Luffy "not if my awakened G6 super bazooka missle has anything to say about it!!!"
Mean while on the sunny
Chopper "wow it is cold here someone should turn the heat up, oh wait i have fur"
Oda "good, now they know what chopper is up to, that will make the fans happy"

Still not impressed by the tart ships. I guess every cree cant be like the marines. But they could at least not look as stupid as they do. Those ships look like they couldnt out sail Lt Dan. (For those of you that dont know forrest gump, He doesnt have legs)

"The sun pirstes who suddenly dissapeared" you mean the pirate crew of jimbe who ALSO betrayed you guys? Very weird wording because it makes it seem like the sun pirstes crime is only that they dissapeared without a trace....how dare they....

Oh no smoothie is holding her sword!!!! One thing i like about oda is he doesnt give characters cosemtic weapons (unlike hiro, you bastard why does rogue have a sword he never uses!!!)

I sincerely dont want to hate on sanji. But you coudnt pay me to give a damn about any of his cooking scenes. I made the best ever whipped cream wahooo.... i made the best ever cake so cool..... i made I DONT CARE. Your cooking feats dont impress me. You might ne saying "oh thats because you only care about combat" no, i am impressed by nami's navagation franky's ship building and jimbe telling franky to go to hell and instead steering with a rope attached to the sails. THOSE are impressive and useful traits. How well food tastes is not only irrelevent, but often times counter productive to the goal of the food- building muscle and aiding recovery. So good freaking job sanii your food made a weirdo defy science and pass out from how good it was.
But how much did your food aid in luffy's recovery time? Have you slowly built up immunities to poisons in you crew?

How well your food tastes is not important. Honestly this is the same as if oda spent 10 pages on how "cool" franky looks. Both are non factors to the crew's adventuring abilities.

Also. At this rate, the sh crew is so far ahead of bm, why are they even bringinf her a cake? They can just leave.... maybe bm will chase them but would be hard without zues.

And i am still very sorry to sanji.... but i am actually not mad about the break. I have nothing to look forward to directly next week. The "hook" at the end of this chapter did nothing for me. If at the bottom of the page you showed me a clock that said "time since luffy left g4 9 mins 59 seconds" then i am ready to go for chaoter 886. But as is i am not excited. More running around for the sh crew sanji sailing bm chasing luffy....whats the point...
Also side note, i think pound is gone. Guess he gets the "n" scrift also.

I mean....we can at least say dd wouldnt of let luffy run so easily.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#18 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,583 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

Good transitional chapter!

Amande just sliced through Perospero's Hardening Candy like butter...not sure what to make of that. Is that consistent with how Luffy's Red Hawk pierced through it (as in flame isn't the sole reason his candy could not stop Luffy which means Perospero's Hardening is shit) or this just means Amande is that strong with sword?

Another badass Sanji's face in the last panel of a chapter saying he will take down opponent with food! Shokugeki no Souma mentality is fine but when will I get to see your all-out, extended fight, My Prince? :(

Is that Cracker's clone between Campote and Daifuku? Also Smoothie is still around...

So is this confirmation you can use CoA on object that is not physically in contact with you or Katakuri is actually connected to those donuts through the mochi ground (quite a CoA chanelling, I have to say)?

Btw, @Oben I wasn't sure last chapter because it may have been a one-time technique but now it's clear Katakuri is learning from Netero and Jojo. DAT Stand-like Strength Mochi :wub:

It's very neat of Oda to notify readers about the time again. For the past 5 chapters we have nearly perfectly sufficient information to know how long this Luffy vs Katakuri is and even G4.

• Nami told Luffy in 10 hours they would be at Cocoa Island at 1a.m which means it was 3p.m at the time (Luffy had been fighting Katakuri for a while by then)
  • The chefs told Katakuri they had been on standby since 3p.m for his merienda (snack time) and Katakuri said it was 40 minutes late => it was 3:40 p.m and non-G4Luffy fought Katakuri for way more than 40 minutes...
  • Brulee announced last chapter that in 9 hours the SH would be at Cocoa island which means it was 4 p.m and G4 was still fighting Katakuri. The only unsure thing here is how long did it take Luffy to eat through that mochi grave and running around burning off the fat. But it's a nice parallel to the DD fight because it's less than 20 minutes (3:4x/3:5xp.m-4p.m)
  • Now in this latest chapter after quitting G4 Luffy somehow made it all the way to 6p.m without being caught. So like about 2 hours running away...

• Raiden and Tale like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#19 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Ok chapter, I guess. The fight scenes are still nice, and it's good that the cake is done (thought it'd take longer), but then again, I'd have preferred the fight to continue in the mirror world - now that they've moved outside, there's more space for further interference from outside, which might hurt the choreography like it did with Doffy.

Is that Cracker's clone between Campote and Daifuku? Also Smoothie is still around...

Might either mean Cracker is back up and making clones again, or this is who the clones are modeled after.

Anyone interested in Namis belt? Are those bullets? What does B stand for? Bellemere? https://mangastream....ece/885/4692/16

Berry, aka $$$

Also, we might finally get an actual sea battle for the first time in ages! Whooo!

Edited by Oben, 10 November 2017 - 08:47 AM.

• Tale and capu like this

#20 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

That guy next to Smoothie isn't Cracker.

https://mangastream....ece/885/4692/16

He's one of the BM Pirates and was at the wedding. (Top right).

https://www.mangainn...ter-864/page_13

• Fulmine, D.Hyuga, Enbima and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users