#2 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

HA! THE SWORDFISH RETURNS!

and no one died, but thats not as important 

Also, it's hard to tell what the LoV is gonna do and if other heroes are gonna stop them or not. take the bullets and leave? take chisaki with them? 

• Raiden likes this

#3 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Like I've said since day one, Chisaki is gonna join the LoV!

Great chapter again!

fd18ae63a84edc53e00e97fd59c0a261.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

I am guessing that Shigaraki is gonna spring Chisaki and maybe some of the other Precepts from outta that prison truck. That way he is gonna gain more new members for the VA.

I am kinda disappointed that Sir is still living and that the VA didn't try to capture either Eri or Eraserhead.

Though it will be interesting to see how the other students of class 1A is gonna react to Deku's feats once news of this rescue operation gets leaked.

I cannot wait to see Bakugou's most likely jealous reaction to Deku's latest accomplishments. XD

#5 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:06 PM

Awesome chapter. Good conclusion to this epic arc.

I like how the aurthor is doin this thing with bad guys. Usually mangas have the good guy win because they have more will power and determination then the bad guy but with both stein and chisaki its been the opposite. They truly believe in their actions and go to extreme limits to achieve their goal. Both times deku was taken out while stein and chisaki had one more push in them. I really like that. It shows that not jus the main character has wat it takes to do watever it takes to achieve a goal, it also shows that unlike other shonens there is no chance of the bad guys suddenly seeing the error of their ways and switching sides. They believe in wat they are doin too much.

#6 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Not a bad conclusion to the final fight. Although I guess the arc isn't over with just yet. Seems the League of Villains is going to "rescue" the yakuza members that were being taken to the hospital? Or maybe they don't care about the people and just want their research about the quirk erasing bullets? That probably seems a bit more likely. Though I can see Chisaki being tempted to join up with the LoV, but he is so dedicated to the yakuza that I don't know if I can see him actually leaving them for another group unless he gets kicked out or something. 

I am a bit surprised that were were no serious losses in this arc. I did think for sure that Nighteye, Mirio, or someone else would die but they all seemed to have made it out safe. I have no idea how Nighteye is able to still talk with that big hole in his stomach/chest, lol. I am very interested in seeing where the story goes from here. I wouldn't mind going back to the school some and focus on the students and their activities there for a while before jumping into another big arc. There is that traitor sub-plot still out there and I think Class A and B are supposed to do some type of assignment where they have to work together or something as well? I can't remember exactly. 

#7 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

I am a bit surprised that were were no serious losses in this arc.

They lost the greatest hero since All Might. Mirio won't be the same without his powers

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#8 Joe Musashi

Joe Musashi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

Mirio's quirk prevented him from ever being an amazing hero without constant asspulls, but this manga does allow for that kind of thing. It was already an enormous asspull that he held off Chisaki for more than a few seconds without his quirk. Like, no amount of skill could do that. It would be like a normal human trying to kill a fully grown, healthy elephant with their pinky finger. There is no way this will work unless the animal let you kill it. There is no technique that would allow this feat to become reality. Chisaki could have killed Mirio by touching him, or by TOUCHING THE GROUND NEAR HIM. There is no way a fist fight between them once Mirio lost his quirk was possible.

Like, I'm shocked nobody had called that out. 

Mirio's quirk with One for All added to it would be amazing. It was ridiculously underwhelming by itself. He's a normal person behind that ability, and intangibility NEEDS something else behind it to be a threat to other superpowered beings.

Edited by Joe Musashi, 15 November 2017 - 07:14 PM.

#9 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

They lost the greatest hero since All Might. Mirio won't be the same without his powers

I guess I keep thinking that Mirio will eventually get his powers back somehow. So I wasn't too saddened by the loss of them, especially with how he carried himself without them. Although it would be a shame for him to never get his powers back I think because the way they were used in this arc was some of the best usage of a quirk to date. The way he fought was really fun and looked great drawn in the panels. 

Though I guess his powers might get a little over powered so maybe he won't get them back and will have to make due as a hero without a quirk? Too early to tell I guess. 

#10 Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationFloating aimlessly.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Mirio's quirk prevented him from ever being an amazing hero without constant asspulls, but this manga does allow for that kind of thing. It was already an enormous asspull that he held off Chisaki for more than a few seconds without his quirk.

I personally don't necessarily think it was an asspull-- we got the flashback of how hard he had to train to get a grasp on how to even properly control his quirk, so couple that with the fact that Nighteye was his mentor (who was All Mights sidekick), I find it feasible that he would be able to contend with Chisaki for as long as he did. (For me, the best thing about Mirio's quirk is that is wasn't augmentation, it just sort of had a set way of working, so his physical prowess would/should more-or-less depend on how hard he trained his physique. Yeah, the way his quirk worked could make him faster or stronger, but not because it imbued with anything at all, just the nature of how it worked.) Not to mention, Chisaki probably figured that with the loss of his quirk, Mirio wouldn't amount to much of a threat and it more than likely caught him off guard to see him able to still do.. well.. anything. (This is all my take, I do see where you're coming from.)

Mirio's quirk with One for All added to it would be amazing. It was ridiculously underwhelming by itself. He's a normal person behind that ability, and intangibility NEEDS something else behind it to be a threat to other superpowered beings.

I do agree that the ability itself (essentially going transparent) can be wiggity whack, but I think Mirio did a good job of rising above it's 'linear way of usage' to tailor it to his needs. (Didn't Mirio's father mention having the same quirk but not finding it to be useful? Don't quote that, but I think he mentioned something about the quirk that didn't have too much of a positive connotation.) With the training (and again, his physique) he dedicated himself to, tru, he was a normal person but a physically fit normal person. I think adding something like OFA would have been more detrimental to his character and overall ability-- sure, he's not Deku so we can't gauge how difficult it would have been for him to learn to master OfA, but I think we can somewhat agree that he probably wouldn't have been as skilled with both as he is with one. (This is conjecture though, again, we have no real way to gauge how he'd fare with it.)

• Raiden likes this

The greatest thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

The worst thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

See where I'm going with this?

#11 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:31 AM

He could get his quirk back, Chisaki did mention that he and the Precepts created a serum.

#12 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

He could get his quirk back, Chisaki did mention that he and the Precepts created a serum.

Pretty sure that Eri could restore Mirio's quirk.

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#13 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

Pretty sure that Eri could restore Mirio's quirk.

It's unknown whether or not she can reverse her own quirk. I mean she already used it on Mirio, so I dunno if she can undo what she did.
  • Raiden likes this

#14 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Greatest after AM? Nahh..
  • FrostDancer81 likes this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#15 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

I guess I keep thinking that Mirio will eventually get his powers back somehow. So I wasn't too saddened by the loss of them, especially with how he carried himself without them. Although it would be a shame for him to never get his powers back I think because the way they were used in this arc was some of the best usage of a quirk to date. The way he fought was really fun and looked great drawn in the panels. 

Though I guess his powers might get a little over powered so maybe he won't get them back and will have to make due as a hero without a quirk? Too early to tell I guess. 

The only reason I see Mirio getting his powers back is because how cheap it would be for Deku to become the greatest hero if his greatest "obstacle" gets taken out early on

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#16 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

The only reason I see Mirio getting his powers back is because how cheap it would be for Deku to become the greatest hero if his greatest "obstacle" gets taken out early on

One of his greatest obstacles. You know, I doubt that Bakugou is just gonna keep falling behind to Deku.
  • JDG973 likes this

Follow my stories!
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics

#17 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:22 AM

I can see that maybe. Another big reason I guess I can see for not giving him his powers back would be because his quirk is kind of broken in a lot of instances. So it would be a way to write out the quirk form being used in the story so the author doesn't have to write around it. 

#18 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

I can see that maybe. Another big reason I guess I can see for not giving him his powers back would be because his quirk is kind of broken in a lot of instances. So it would be a way to write out the quirk form being used in the story so the author doesn't have to write around it. 

I mean there's clearly going to be even more broken quirks as we go on for the villians so we are going to need see the evolution of some of their quirks. I personally hope OFA manifests itself slightly different in Deku beyond making him super strong and fast. Not sure how Bakugo is gonna make his stronger though 

#19 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Anyone know why the new chapter is late? MS usually have it out by now.

Man, I so wanna read this and Souma. Bloody MS.

#20 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Anyone know why the new chapter is late? MS usually have it out by now.

Man, I so wanna read this and Souma. Bloody MS.

Pokémon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users