#1 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

http://readms.net/r/...emia/161/4724/1

Spoiler

Edited by Jekkusormi, 23 November 2017 - 02:59 PM.

#2 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

Well RIP Nighteye, the sidekick dies before the hero, anyone get "Death In The Family" flashbacks.

So this is kind of a bitter sweat end, we won, but Nighteye is dead and Iris is out of commisson for maybe the rest of the series. So Izuku won't be getting a little sister after all.

#3 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Nice chapter, damn!

I could see Mirio blamming Deku for take OfA that should have been his and for being responsible of Sir's death, this would be sick.

Has Mirio's quirk returned? It wasnt stated anywhere.

fd18ae63a84edc53e00e97fd59c0a261.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

Has Mirio's quirk returned? It wasnt stated anywhere.

It wasn't stated yet but don't freat, there's still hope. And if not getting his quirk back, I'm still okay if he becomes the Batman of the series. Gadgets, gadgets everywhere

#5 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Aw man RIP Nighteye. I hope Mirio's quirk comes back. Looks like we don't have to worry about Eri and Chisaki being in the same room.

5.jpg

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Really good chapter and death scene for Nighteye.

The only true overall winner from this arc was Shigaraki, who got rid of a rival - Chisaki - and the heroes got weakened considerably.

With Eri in a coma, Sir dead, Mirio still quirkless, no recovery of the antidote or serum and lots of other heroes injured. Yep, it looks like the heroes are the losers from this arc imo.
  • /2aw likes this

#7 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Really good chapter and death scene for Nighteye.

The only true overall winner from this arc was Shigaraki, who got rid of a rival - Chisaki - and the heroes got weakened considerably.

With Eri in a coma, Sir dead, Mirio still quirkless, no recovery of the antidote or serum and lots of other heroes injured. Yep, it looks like the heroes are the losers from this arc imo.

I think saving a little girl from endless torture and stopping the manufacturing of a quirk destroying drug is still a win. Not the best outcome but it would have been silly if everything went perfect. 

Edited by Tom Ace, 23 November 2017 - 05:42 PM.

• /2aw, Fenrix and Chillman like this

#8 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Wow, so Nighteye actually dies. Not too shocking considering what happened but still--having a hero death in this manga is something. Got a little teary eyed with that scene with Mirio, but this will probably be nothing compared to the heartwrenching scene that will be of All Might's death (if it still happens). 

Also, I hope the heroes don't keep Eri isolated because of her uncontrollable quirk for too long. Keeping her isolated  could make it easier for a villain to convince her that she's not wanted.

Edited by Fenrix, 23 November 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#9 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

It wasn't stated yet but don't freat, there's still hope. And if not getting his quirk back, I'm still okay if he becomes the Batman of the series. Gadgets, gadgets everywhere

I was the first one on this forums to call that he would become batman... just sayin.

If Nighteyes survives, it would be because Eri somehow gets out of her coma and heals him which I don't really expect but it seems like that's the only way he could make it. 

• Jekkusormi likes this

#10 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

I think saving a little girl from endless torture and stopping the manufacturing of a quirk destroying drug is still a win. Not the best outcome but it would have been silly if everything went perfect. 

Still Isuku doesn't get a little sister, while it is a win, it is a downer. I really wanted that.

#11 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

He doesn’t really need one

#12 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

I really do think this is one of the best outcomes the arc could of had. A good story should have a wide range of emotional moments and this arc had all of them.

I always recall moments like this or when Asuma or Jiraiya died in Naruto. There is a fine line between tragic deaths and needlessly killing everyone off for no reason, if done right it really makes the light of good overcoming evil, bright as the sun.

#13 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

I'm not to worried about considering the last use of future sight was on Mirio, and noting he becomes a splendid hero.

I wonder if Eraser head will take a break from teaching to monitor Eri

#14 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

It was definitely a victory. Though, unfortunately a pyrrhic victory.
  • Chillman likes this

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#15 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

I like that Horikoshi actually has the guts to kill off a character. It brings a sense of danger than other manga notably lack (looking at you Fairytail) and elevates the emotional impact of the series as a whole. Overall I'd say My Hero has proven itself to be one of the best executions of the Shonen genre as a whole. This arc was great!

#16 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

I was not expecting Nighteye to die after it seemed like he hanged on for so long. I know he got hurt badly at first and I thought he would die then, but he didn't seem too bad when they finally took him away. Impressive that they would kill off a hero of his caliber, but it does give the series a little more weight. Just poor Mirio though. He went through so much in this arc. Lost his quirk then lost his mentor.

I did like their last moments together where Nighteye used his quirk on him one last time and it saw that he still becomes a hero, but I guess we don't know if he ever gets his quirk back or not. Mirio has probably become my favorite character after this arc. Though I am a bit disappointed in Nejire. She really didn't get much focus compared to the other Big 2 and her quirk seems to have a lot of limits.

Also it is interesting that they dealt with a few of the broken quirks now. Nighteye's ability to see the future is out of the way and they don't need to find excuses for him not to use it, and with Eri in a coma her time reversal one is also dealt with. I was curious how they would deal with these kind of quirks in the story going forward, especially Eri's, and this is how they did it. Although I expect Eri's to reappear later probably. 

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:22 AM

RIP My Guy, hopefully your legend will love on through Mirio 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#18 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

RIP My Guy, hopefully your legend will love on through Mirio 

get hyped for Batman

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users