Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 emirua

emirua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:54 AM

So Pound was a king apparently, if that crown in the flashback means anything. He was a good sacrifice, though it feels there was no real relevance of this character, but then again, being One Piece, he is probably not death yet.

LOL Oven being crushed by the awesome nostro castello was really hilarious.

RIP Sanji vs Oven fight..

#3 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,873 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:03 AM

I wonder on which Ship they plan to get the cake. I mean they need zu hurry the hell out of there once they do.

A sea fight would be strange. They can't realy land either though with basically the whole BM army around them.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#4 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

Okay, so Oda really showed us Oven decapitating Pound? I honestly thought that it was going to be a fake-out and Sanji skyhopped back to Cacao Island and blocked the attack, but then we see him on deck in the final frame...

But now everyone is moving into the right directions at least. Though it's still a huge plothole how the BM fleet found the SH and FT pirates without the snails. What was the point?!

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

''How is he lifting that with one leg?''

=> Oven's physicality is weaker than Sanji's confirmed!

''Lord Oven got run over''

=> Oven is weaker than WB who could stop a big ship with one arm (not like this needs confirmation)

Sanji feels hot

=> at least Sanji isn't immune to Oven's fruit just because he's a cook and can handle flame on his body.

Oven's slicing Pound's head from behind

=> Oda finally kills insignificant characters on-screen? Oh, who am I kidding?!!!...

An average gag-ish, partly emotional (if only I care about Chiffon-Pound relationship that much) transitional chapter! 6/10!

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

Poor chapter, meh I couldn't careless about whether or not Oven decapitated Pound or not.  I really don't give a damn about Pound tbh.

Also there goes Sanji's chance of fighting Oven or anyone else for that matter in this arc.  Aside from partly helping to bake this cake - he has been mainly useless, incomptent and disappointing throughout this entire arc.

#7 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,439 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

I thought this was a good chapter. It made Oven seem threatening, had some hilarious bits (the Nostra Castello) and while I didn't really care much for Pound before, I was surprised by the direction Oda took with him. His situation is even sadder than Kyros's. 

Edited by Tale, 01 December 2017 - 05:58 AM.

• Raiden and Red Opus like this

#8 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

Oda is getting good with killing irrelevant characters.

So lin lin dumbs the husbands when the children are born? wtf?!

5/10

Seems like much weaker. Its just a cake why is he so astonished...lol. Sanji lifted much heavier things back then(banana croc for example)

Edited by Enbima, 01 December 2017 - 06:15 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#9 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

What's weird is that BigMom wasn't all that horrid looking when she had Lola and Chiffon.

Ugly child, okay looking at 30 and than ugly at a later age.. xD
  • Raiden likes this

#10 Lauri

Lauri

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Sanji wasnt probably only lifting the cake but keeping it in the air using his flying technique with his other leg, thats why ppl are surprised

Edited by Lauri, 01 December 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#11 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

Sanji wasnt probably only lifting the cake but keeping it in the air using his flying technique with his other leg, thats why ppl are surprised

Ah man you beat me to it, was just about to mention the same thing

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

It made Oven seem threatening

It's a nice comparison to Aokiji's Ice Age. If we give them a giant lake and start a freezing-boiling game I wonder who would win LOL

So lin lin dumbs the husbands when the children are born? wtf?!

Makes sense. If she dumbs them before that what if she has a miscarriage or still-born? So the relationship would be for naught.

Seems like much weaker. Its just a cake why is he so astonished...lol.

Sanji lifted much heavier things back then(banana croc for example)

Not just cake. The cart, too. But yeah, unless Oven, for whatever reason, thought that cart+cake was heavier than it should be, he's weaker than Sanji.

I am not so sure about that. We don't know the mass of the banana croc or the cake+cart. The better feat to think of is when Sanji kicked that sea animal in East Blue or when he lifts the giant iron/steel chain in Thriller Bark.

Oven clearly asked ''how is he lifting that with one leg?''

I don't think there's any room for other interpretation. He would have asked ''how is he flying like that?'' or something like that if what you said was true

#13 Lauri

Lauri

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:48 AM

Being surprised about a guy just lifting a cake would be kind of ridiculous considering he was ran over by a shiptank lol

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,648 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:58 AM

Being surprised about a guy just lifting a cake would be kind of ridiculous considering he was ran over by a shiptank lol

First of all, do you not see the huge cart and the seal? So not just a cake.

Second, what's the problem with a cake? You're making the mistake of thinking the ''material'' alone is enough to judge the mass. 1 ton of feathers would be much heavier than 1kg of steel, even though it's just...feathers. As long as you gather enough, the mass is achieved,

And finally, I don't think these two things have anything to do with each other, at least in manga. One is lifting ability, the other is durability. In manga you can be superhuman in one stat yet normal human in another. Nothing weird.

#15 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:36 AM

How? He's just surprised about a seemingly random chef doing that, doesn't mean he cannot do it himself...

• capu and Chillman like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#16 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:44 AM

The BM thing is confusing me. She seems to be at all places all the time. Does she has some teleportation technique or something?!

Pound moment was nice. We're dealing with pirates after all, we need more aggression like this. I'm just sad that Sanji dind't get the opportunity to one-shot this guy.

Well, contrary to some of you, I think a sea-battle would be interesting. I don't remember ever being one in OP beside that flashback of Roger, Buggy and Shanks VS Shinji right? I think a battle at sea is also needed in a series about pirates

• PunkHazard likes this

#17 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

Cover story..... still couldnt care less....

Bege may be surrpunded but dont forget he is the guy who took several shots from bm......i think he will be fine....

His ship has castle treads on it why are you so sure he cant go on land?

You have to get captured by oven? Cant you just kill him?

Oh wow big surprise the ship with massive tabk treads can drive on land...... this is as surprising as the time we foundout norland put wings on the merry so it could fly.......what a shock that was....

Oh wow even oven is surprised, this has to be the lowest level of competence we have ever seen from the bm pirates....

Good question fodder chef, why did bege think they could move the cake onto the ship.

To contiune the tradition of characters knowing things they shouldnt, why did sanji think bege could make room on the deck?
Dude it may be one leg but it is still a cake. I feel safe saying luffy's golden ball from skypiea was heavier....

Oven tried his best WB impression and worlds strongest man he is not.
Technically speaking, tank treads come off kinda easily.... he could of just threw his body into the tank treads killing himself but probably dislocating the treads.

No one can catch up to the paddle ship?! Not even the black peral?!? Wow i am impressed.

Well oven.......oda gave you a df for a reason might as well us it...... out if all characters who were given a df who never needed a df oven is the worst. The second worst is all zoan users.

Bege......didnt you say "no one" could catch up to your ship? So no one can, but the rate at which a df user heats water can?
Also dont worry about this attack bege the physics of it are utterly impossible. The water will evaporate and be replaced with cooler water long before it burns your ship.

Heat broke the paddles? Well..... i did say tank treads are tempromental bastards....so....good job?

Wow way to completely no sell pounds attack. He was teampled by capone's ship but a massive wodden stick did nothing...... i am not saying pound should of hurt oven, but at least pushed him (into the water....oops...) a little.... pound cant be THAT much weaker.
This is like a car traveling 25 mph runs you over, but me with a baceball bat doesnt even make you flinch.
I would understand if oven burnt the wooden bat up.... but he didnt...

Pound i am just as surprised as you are. How ever your abstract thinking skills need work, you could of just destroyed the dock he was standing on that would of also dropped him into the water.

What a confusing character oven is.
-sent flying by sanji
-sent flying by capone's small explosion
-crushed by a ship
-not even moved 1 inch by a giant with a massive wooden bat.

What what?! Bm did look different back then? She went from 5-10ish looking exactly as she does not (but younger) then she looked not horrible.... then she turned back into an older version of her 5 year old self? Weird. I always said it would be funny to see bm hot as a younger pirate but after her flashback i gave up on that joke....

Also also. What does bm mean "they are born now you serverd your purpose" so after she got pregnant she kept pound around? I thought bm was the type to ditch the husband after conception, not after birth.

Ok so here is how the full length flashback oda wated badly to show you guys actually went
Bm "i am done with him he can leave now"
Pound "are you sure? I can like change their dipers and help you with them"
Bm "i need no help now get lost"
Pound "where should i go?"
Bm "go burry your self in the seducing woods for roughly 20 years"
Pound "ok cool, but can i visit the kids some times?"
Bm "no"
Pound "can they come to the woods?"
Bm "no, none of the kids will ever go to the woods, except bluree, and crackers, and snacks...and me.....and anyone else chasing enemies around"
Pound "listen, i will even kill my self fighting a vastly superior foe if it means one day i can see one of their faces just once, i will do anything even fight for your crew, wouldnt i be better use to you if i went out and helped you instead of just burrying my head in sand?"
Bm "what?! I have no use for someone like that on my crew. Now on your way ot send in my 10,000 fodder sodiers"

I know bm is an unreasonable pirate, but what the hell. Pound never once saw chifforn? Really? She never once took a walk? Pound traveled all the way to cocoa town from.the sedicing woods he clearly moves around why couldnt he arrange a meeting? He was even willing to die to see his kid just once and he couldnt put that determination to use before this moment?!?

Also of course pica has a massive sword he imbunes with his heat powers......wait did i say pica? I ment oven..... yesterday i was talking about how awesome swords are in op and how every character should have at least a little sword knowledge....... i think oda agrees with me for once.

Bm......who couldnt find the sh ship a few feet away from the wave..... went from rampaging in peanut town to surrounding the sh ship? I feel like we missed a chapter....

I understand how candy slug cought up to the sunny. But how on earth did all those tart ships? Guess the plot gave them speed just like sanji and the cooks.

Finally. Bm "finding" the sunny.... i feel that massivly undersells the size of tot land...... if it is so small you can just find someone by randomly sailing around how was it a one day sail to get there?
  • PunkHazard likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#18 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

Wow who had Pound being the big hero of the fight? Well than if he is dead, what a way to go ahead.

And Pudding and her just love and admiration for Sanji, couldn't control herself and blew his cover. The curse of love.

Yeah Oven don't care, he is so mad, he is not thinking what destroying the cake would mean for everybody.

I don't know if Pound is truly dead, but I think he should be dead, it would be a good way to end his character.

#19 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

Highly doubt... Pound is dead. Pretty sure someone saved him. Counting on it being Sanji(even though he talked about decorating the cake) or Germa.

#20 Hurley Pirates

Hurley Pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSuzuran High

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:17 AM

Woulda been dope if Sanji came back and saved Pound setting up Sanji vs Oven one on one

The Blonde Squad:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users