#1 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

Text 50409 and resist to save the Internet from controlling what we see on the Internet

Here’s some things you could use for your net neutrality thing. I have the petition link ready. I also have a petition link to fire the guy doing it, a text message people can send, and a letter to Congress website if you want those.

Petition: https://www.change.o...=share_petition

There is also a petition
  • Dark Sasuke_101 likes this

#2 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

It's over. 3-2, goodbye Net Neutrality :cry:

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#3 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Some are saying you can still call Congress

#4 Dark Sasuke_101

Dark Sasuke_101

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNone of your concern

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Its...not...over
  • secretzfan likes this

Hl5StX6.gif

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:31 AM

Some are saying you can still call Congress

Exactly

There's still about a month left until Congress votes on it (They have the final say/are the ones with the power to pass it) however, the majority of Congress supports Net Neutrality so unless some shady shit happens between now and then, you guys will be fine

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

What's so odd is the guy who is the chairman of the FCC and who had the tie breaking vote was a Obama appointee, yet the Obama administration set Title 2 NN in law.........what

#7 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

What's so odd is the guy who is the chairman of the FCC and who had the tie breaking vote was a Obama appointee, yet the Obama administration set Title 2 NN in law.........what

If I understood it correctly, the commission has to be bipartisan, so he had no choice but to take the Republican nomination for the job.

Edited by Oben, 16 December 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

Exactly

There's still about a month left until Congress votes on it (They have the final say/are the ones with the power to pass it) however, the majority of Congress supports Net Neutrality so unless some shady shit happens between now and then, you guys will be fine

You mean the lack of shady shit so far this year has you optimistic?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

You mean the lack of shady shit so far this year has you optimistic?

There's been plenty going on lol but at least right now, these clowns are all getting exposed so yeah....I'm slightly optimistic xD

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

The only states I've seen that have decided to take some action all have democrat attorney generals, so I'm inclined to believe they'll push this further as a partisan issue without actually addressing the bill on its actual merits.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#11 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:20 AM

The only states I've seen that have decided to take some action all have democrat attorney generals, so I'm inclined to believe they'll push this further as a partisan issue without actually addressing the bill on its actual merits.

I haven't seen the actual benefits of this bill in terms of content creators and consumers. It seems the beneficiaries of the bill is what is making this partisan.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#12 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

I haven't seen the actual benefits of this bill in terms of content creators and consumers. It seems the beneficiaries of the bill is what is making this partisan.

I meant the bill to repeal the 14th of December FCC decision, if you must tease out my stance.

For curiosity's sake, if anyone has the interest and patience, here's a video with some of the finer points as to why someone would perhaps be opposed to net neutrality.

Edited by Otaku-N., 24 December 2017 - 09:22 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#13 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

So who won? And what changed?

#14 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

So who won? And what changed?

Absolutely, positively, nothing. The original purpose of Net Neutrality was to prevent a monopoly of the Internet in the US via ISP. Back when the only two 'players' were AOL and Compuserve were the 'only games in town', NN was needed to keep a monopoly from forming via metering/unreasonable bandwidth limits/and of course the type of information a person can look up on the net without being blocked/censored by an ISP.

Overtime more ISPs popped up, better technology came about in terms of faster bandwidth, and because of free market principles, companies had to compete by giving faster and faster speeds to customers. Right now we are at the point in that unlimited bandwidth/data are the rule of thumb when trying to get new customers. And since what caps do exist are unusually high(5-10 gig/month) very few people will actually reach that point on a monthly basis.

As for those who are thinking - BUT ISP CENSORSHIP! Here is another to consider - there are ton of ISPs. Some national, many local. If a person doesn't like their ISP because of that they can trade up. Even Contracts are becoming a thing of a past. While many of the big providers still have yearly contracts, very few do not have an insane 'Cancellation Fee'.(And if an ISP is has that, then go somewhere else).

The only concern is 'equipment'. If the company provides a phone/router/whatever, they will want that back and will charge an arm and a leg for not getting the device back. Of course the way around that is to buy your own phone/router/whatever if possible and just pay for the Internet access.

• pyrogenic likes this

Posted Image

#15 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Absolutely, positively, nothing. The original purpose of Net Neutrality was to prevent a monopoly of the Internet in the US via ISP. Back when the only two 'players' were AOL and Compuserve were the 'only games in town', NN was needed to keep a monopoly from forming via metering/unreasonable bandwidth limits/and of course the type of information a person can look up on the net without being blocked/censored by an ISP.

Overtime more ISPs popped up, better technology came about in terms of faster bandwidth, and because of free market principles, companies had to compete by giving faster and faster speeds to customers. Right now we are at the point in that unlimited bandwidth/data are the rule of thumb when trying to get new customers. And since what caps do exist are unusually high(5-10 gig/month) very few people will actually reach that point on a monthly basis.

As for those who are thinking - BUT ISP CENSORSHIP! Here is another to consider - there are ton of ISPs. Some national, many local. If a person doesn't like their ISP because of that they can trade up. Even Contracts are becoming a thing of a past. While many of the big providers still have yearly contracts, very few do not have an insane 'Cancellation Fee'.(And if an ISP is has that, then go somewhere else).

The only concern is 'equipment'. If the company provides a phone/router/whatever, they will want that back and will charge an arm and a leg for not getting the device back. Of course the way around that is to buy your own phone/router/whatever if possible and just pay for the Internet access.

Yeah this isn't true at all.

Sooner rather than later because they got rid of NN the internet is going to start getting noticeable slower. It might not happen to day but ISP are going to start slowing down the internet and asking for more money to speed it back up.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#16 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

Yeah this isn't true at all.

Sooner rather than later because they got rid of NN the internet is going to start getting noticeable slower. It might not happen to day but ISP are going to start slowing down the internet and asking for more money to speed it back up.

And if company starts doing that, consumers will go somewhere else.

Posted Image

#17 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

And if company starts doing that, consumers will go somewhere else.

LOL. They all will start doing it.

Example. Comcast came out with a plan to force us to only have 300GB worth of data points of month. We switch to AT&T. The next week AT&T started to use the same freaking mode and that was the only two choices i had in my neighborhood. I had to go back to Comcast and now using their business plan. Which is a bit better but cost more.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#18 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

LOL. They all will start doing it.

Example. Comcast came out with a plan to force us to only have 300GB worth of data points of month. We switch to AT&T. The next week AT&T started to use the same freaking mode and that was the only two choices i had in my neighborhood. I had to go back to Comcast and now using their business plan. Which is a bit better but cost more.

Verizon, Cricket, Spectrum, T-Mobile, etc. . .don't act like AT&T or Comcast are the 'only games in town' for Internet Access.

Posted Image

#19 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

Verizon, Cricket, Spectrum, T-Mobile, etc. . .don't act like AT&T or Comcast are the 'only games in town' for Internet Access.

# Provider Type Coverage Speed 1 AT&T Internet DSL and Fiber 87.2%+ 1,000 Mbps

2 XFINITY from Comcast Cable 98.5%+ 987 Mbps

3 Windstream DSL 5.1%+ 6.0 Mbps

4 Google Fiber Fiber 2.5%+ 1,000 Mbps 5

HughesNet Satellite 100% 15 Mbps

6 Viasat Internet (formerly Exede) Satellite 100% 12 Mbps

7 Comcast Business Cable 100% 987 Mbps

8 AT&T DSL and Fiber 89.2%+ 1,000 Mbps

9 Birch Communications Copper 10.7%+ 20 Mbps

10 MegaPath Copper and DSL 5.3%+ 12 Mbps

I google fiber isn't in my area.

My internet speed right now is 60mps and it is slow as hell. Tell me who can complete with Comcast and at&t in my area.

Edited by waleuska, 28 May 2018 - 01:31 PM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#20 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

What about T-Mobile or Spectrum.

T-Mobile has portable hotspot devices.

Edited by Graeystone, 28 May 2018 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users