#1 marie0394

marie0394

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/890/page/1

https://readms.net/r...iece/890/4798/1

Edited by marie0394, 29 December 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#2 Kolfer

Kolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

This is interesting seeing Big Mom conscious. She has bunch of openings but her natural resilience makes her fierce no matter what.

Everyone is having its small spotlight. Both Jimbe and Chopper guarding against fierce BM blow, Brook being opportunist as always. And now, it will be Nami's turn to shine.

Brook getting electrocuted in Nami's place and Nami thumbs up xD

Prometheus is way more badass than Zeus.

Edited by Kolfer, 28 December 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#3 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

I like that Big Mom at least damaged the ship.

SHs were impressive defending against her.  Jinbe's punch sending Big Mama flying, Jinbe attempting to block Big Mama's attack, Jinbe saving the burning Sunny, and Brooke being speedy and effective.  Awesome.

It seems Big Mama isn't finished going after them though.  I'm not sure they will be able to fend her off much longer.

Spoiler

Edit - It is important to note that Big Mama did not want to sink the ship.  Rather, cut the ship in a way to reveal the cake.  If she was just intent on downing the ship, they would have more than likely been done in.

Edited by Ajh77, 28 December 2017 - 09:56 PM.

• Raiden and Tale like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#4 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Fucking awesome way to finish the year of Brook

• Raiden, D.Hyuga, Lauri and 4 others like this

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,744 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

The color page is about Chinese zodiac and after pairing all the obvious (as in which character represents which animal), we are left with rat-pig and Manshelly-BM. Based on size I guess it's once again obvious Manshelly is rat and BM is pig. Uhm...personally I like pig (my second favorite animal after fox actually) cause I think they are cute, chubby and actually it's said pig is pretty intelligent among animals. But not sure what Oda thinks about it...My goodness, is that some not-so-subtle antagonist diss by the author himself? :hurr:

Edit: Oda uses Fuji as tiger because of his epithet but not the other 3 Admirals? I can understand Kizaru being left out for Luffy the main character but...and actually Zolo has been drawn as tiger in a previous color page (the one right after timeskip, I think) so by same logic Oda should use Zolo instead of Fuji. Unless Oda means to say Marco and Inu are gonna be big factors in Wano arc (which is obvious). Does this mean Fuji will show up there, too? Like, he was also from Wano? :lol: 

Edited by Fulmine, 28 December 2017 - 10:41 PM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#6 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,886 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Does this mean Fuji will show up there, too? Like, he was also from Wano? :lol:

I think either him or Ryokugyu are from Wano. 

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#7 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,744 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

Chance is Ryokugyu is based on Toshiro Mifune's Yojimbo but that is too repetitive with 2 Admirals being swordsmen. Though I suppose given that long hair maybe it will be different.

#8 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:31 PM

Big Mom looked pretty bad ass this chapter, props to Oda.

She didn't use Haki, and she took no damage but the crew still look like they reacted properly and handled that bizzzness, love that level of competence.

So now they beat down Promo and hope the #insanebigbitch falls into the water?

Also, was she really about to let them sail off into the sunset if they convinced her there was no wedding cake on board?

Sidenote* For Greenbull theories and predictions check out my sig and that topic.

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#9 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:48 AM

does anyone feel like the yonkous at least in big mom case are underwhelming?. Sure big mom has looked wild and strong and unstoppable but still she and her 100s 0r 1000s of crewmates are being made a fool and incapable in their own territory. There's no scary, no wonderment to her power, no they are in trouble now. Doflamingo felt more threatening, felt more grand, scarier. What i am saying is that Bi Mom looks beatable

24gvaiu.jpg

#10 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:22 AM

Meanwhile, somewhere in Wano, Franky just felt a sudden sting in his heart but can't understand why.

I don't know which is worse; being Big Mom's slave or being Nami's slave.

• Raiden, PunkHazard, Himynameisriot and 2 others like this

#11 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

@tenchu Don't worry, when we meet the strongest creature in the world again the HYPE will pale in comparison to the actual thing. Remember she's literally "Starving to death". This needed to happen so the writer wouldn't rush the development of his protagonist, add more adversity so his character has growth and for his story to progress on to more pressing matters. We had to be introduced to the emperors, and in the large scheme of shit Big Mom involvement in Odas masterplan must have been minimal... 

This shit is still epic in my opinion though, had no idea he'd take this route in the downfall of Charlotte Linlin

• Kazekage and Raiden like this

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#12 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:08 AM

If we don’t give Brook some kind of award this year…
  • Raiden, denimdragon and Himynameisriot like this

#13 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:30 AM

I am with Tenchu here, this is really a pathetic and underwhelming performance by Big Mum here.

She is meant to be a yonkou, one of the strongest people in the OP world by far. But yet she cannot even seriously wreck the ship, Chopper, Jimbei or Brook without the author having to majorly nerf her.

Barring Katakuri, her crew and family have been shown to laughably incompetent and useless throughout this entire arc.

Neither she or her family seem threatening at all, more like absolute jokes tbh given their shit performance throughout the arc.
  • tenchu likes this

#14 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

I understand why people say that BM seems underwhelming, but I'm liking this chase. Action mixed with the need to just get away is cool. Also, I think BM is more interested in finding and eating the cake than killing the SH, that's why she hasn't gone full psycho, as I see it.

Oh boy did I miss having the ship wrecked. First real damaged Sunny has suffered right?

• Kazekage, Raiden, denimdragon and 2 others like this

#15 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

Is the translation correct?
I am pretty sure she said:" you are just a fish!" And not shark.

Brook is getting more and more amazing!

Where is the other half Zeus?

Well the damage is not that big... maybe 10%-15%.

@Fulmine I guess we can say that wood stays Wood in this world. Nothing special.

Edited by Enbima, 29 December 2017 - 05:57 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#16 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:34 AM

Fuji can't be because kinemon didn't know him. 

• Himynameisriot likes this

2mg5kyb.jpg

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,744 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

@Fulmine I guess we can say that wood stays Wood in this world. Nothing special.

Not really. What kind of wood does what Franky described? It's still not normal wood, it's just that BM is also super superhuman.

Okay, that stellar BM=pig discovery aside, my feeling for this chapter:

''How conscious is she?''   Wow, Perospero are you breaking the 4th wall and talking to us? That's exactly what some readers have been wondering all this time: whether BM's mind is clear when she is rampaging.

People need to read before shitting on BM again. It's clear that for plot Oda is pulling all his schemes to make BM's defeat possible by giving her an arsenal that can be countered by the SHs (Nami vs Zeus, Jinbe vs Prometheus, Brook's soul ability vs her homies, BM's hungry vs Sanji's cooking). Match-up is important, even though this isn't as bad as Lufy vs Enel it's still something. Demanding BM to be dominant no matter what ignores that.

Also Oda clearly gives us evidence BM is significantly weakened. Before she tanked that huge lightning pillar from Nami no problem. Now she's burnt by a much weaker (visually speaking) attack. And I don't think she was attacking when Chopper put up Guard Point. More like she was just grabbing. I think the only hard-to-believe thing here is Brook blitzing BM. He did make her lose focus with his panties question but later there's a panel that shows BM with question mark, still didn't know what was going on...

Napoleon can change shape? Like Moria's manipulating shadow or what?

Awesome Jinbe is awesome. ''Monstrous'' Perospero and Daifuku are shocked by his feats LOL  But it's weakened BM and no Hardening so it's still hard to say.

And is this the first time there's a named Hardening technique (as in the technique is the Hardening itself, not just Hardening put on a technique)?

• Raiden, Tale, Hoff and 1 other like this

#18 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:56 AM

Jimbei strongest move only pushed BM a few meters.
Chopper used is strongest defense mode to stop BM from grabbing Nani.
Nani and Brook only focused on Zeus.

They didn't fight BM. They pushed her back and disarmed her of one of her weapons.

I have mix feelings about all of this. In one hand they shouldn't be able to do survive such an encounter given her title of yonko and what we saw when Nani and jimbe were trying to save brook when BM was sleeping. On the other hand we have been given all these conveniences since the beginning of the arc. The fact that brook can attack BM special homies. The fact that Nani can discharge Zeus. I mean.. the first time it happened it was confusing and hard to accept but of it was acceptable 10 chapters ago, it had to b acceptable in this one.
They have also been telling us since forever that BM is weaker while on her rage fits.

I have to accept that the SH took a W and BM took this big L.

SH real strength are on this 4v1 type of fights

Edited by Abaroxa, 29 December 2017 - 06:57 AM.

• Raiden, Jekkusormi and Chillman like this

#19 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

That's exactly what some readers have been wondering all this time: whether BM's mind is clear when she is rampaging.

He did make her lose focus with his panties question but later there's a panel that shows BM with question mark, still didn't know what was going on...

You kind of answered your own question. The way I see it BM has selective conciousness during her rampages. Perospero was talking about the cake (which BM was searching for) afterall. And during this chapter she paid very little attention to anything that wasn't cake-related, except for when either Prometheus or BM herslef were attacked
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#20 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

Not really. What kind of wood does what Franky described? It's still not normal wood, it's just that BM is also super superhuman.

So what? The world is full of superhumans. Especially in the new world.

Also Franky is talking about the tree itself and not a piece of wood from it. He never claimed that the tree was unharmed during the war.

Its just a good quality wood nothing else.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users