• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#21 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

Well lets see if the spoilers were right.

Cool cover art i guess, if it wasnt for the spoilers i wouldnt know why minotarus and hancock were there. Also why does carrot keep changing her fur color? All the merch i saw had her with human skin colored fur. Also that dog is in a weird position for an animal with only 3 legs.

Wait what? Now its "i havent seen mama this skinny for many years"?! I thought last chapter you said you dont know what is happening! Or does peros mean when bm was naturally skinny, if that is what he means then why is he giving such useless information? Thats like if in the middle of winter i fell down sweating like a pig (clearly sick) and you were to say "well last time he looked like this he was playing a game of volley ball on the beach" excellent doctor work get your self a PHD now....

Ok bm i get nothing will make you stop this rampage except the cake, but nothing will stop you from starving either? Thats os insane. Thats like zoro promising to fight mihawk, but also not fighting a single person until he fights mihawk. Eat some food bm you moron it might not be good but the alternative is dying nefore getting cake.

Hey..... where that face is on the sword... doesng it make the sword look less threatening?

Bm looked one place and the cake wasnt there. Well better quit.

Also, bm has time for so much nonsense and is aware enough to make threats, but she isnt willing to eat food to not die?

So bm wants to kill her son who carried her all the way out here with his df? Has bm ever heard the story of the frog and the scorpion?

Peros you are a moron. Honestly, muscat was killed just for talking to enraged bm (during her first rampage), so the fact peros has lived this long is amazing.

Hahahahahaha i feel oda is a little aware of how stupid that ability is, or that is just a really bad translation. "Cleave him into two in flames" hahahaha that is funny. It is like oda knows how useless the flame aspect of the attack is and he is admiting it.

Jimbe was able to block BM'S attack, anyone remember what happened when akainu attacked him? There you go it is confirmed admiras are stronger then emperors.

Chopper is able to block BM'S hand and be perfectly fine yet G3 balloon was unable to stop sengoku. Confirmed again admirals are stronger then emperors.

Once again jimbe said he is stronger in the water so why did he leave the water? Oh well. I guess he didnt harm bm, but he still knocked her back, which he was unable to do to akainu, therefore confirmed #3 admirals are stronger then emperors. And before you mention zoro and fuji, fuji actually blocked zoro's attack...

That is not a great idea, the ship will sink if you slice it. Thus the wedding cake will sink. Also that fire will probably damage the cake as well...

Ah yes flawless logic brook, no flesh= no lightning damage. Hey quick question, what do you suppose caused that massive hole in the ground? Ya lightning is hot you moron, at the very least your prised afro will be burnt off.

Hahaha good one. Although since brook is bm's age that request isnt too weird. Also, since bm has so many kids, i am surprised a slut like her didnt say yes. Or at least make a joke about how she would of had brook not been an enemy.

Zeus discharged? Stop daying that stuff like you know what it means..... is he dead? Is he gone? Speak actual words damn it. How didnt zeus die? This is ridiclous.

What does brook mean "from the begining zeus was our target"? Like from the moment bm jumped on ship? Because zeus was just floating above the ship he was an easy target. Was everything jimbe and chopper did all for the sake of defeating zeus? Because you could of fooled me.

And the first sh to successfully harm an emperor!!! NAMI!!!!! I know i am becoming a broken record..... but akainu was not harmed by someone that weak.... admirals are stronger then bm....

Oh also there you go, bm cant be harmed by her homies. The fire and lighting didnt harm her, but when nami used her own lightning it harmed bm.

Oh also, here is a strange fact. Out of the 4 old emperors. All 4 of them use weapons. Wb used his spear bm her sword shanks is obvious and kiadou his club. BB broke the mould. Add that to the fact aokiji and kizaru have sword abilities and fuji has a sword. High level fighters not named akainu garp and sengoku seem to favor swords and weapons. Oh no luffy zoro is comming for you. Final fight in OP akainu will strike down awakened G5 luffy then say "time to get serious" pull out his magma sword, then zoro will jump in and say "i got this one"
Which is good because it will allow zoro to take his rightful title of "worlds strongest pirate king swordsman who is also the world's strongest man"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#22 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Big Mom is definitely getting weaker. Earlier in the arc, she shrugged off a G4 punch with her haki with ease, vaporized Capone's missile while in the middle of a break down and survived that huge lightning bolt that Nami threw at her with Zeus's help. 

Even in her current state, Jinbei's ultimate attack did nothing to her.  All that the SH's have done thus far is avoid her. Big Mom hasn't suffered any real damage yet.

Edited by Kazekage, 29 December 2017 - 10:15 AM.

• Raiden and denimdragon like this

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

1 she blocked the G4 punch
2 her cry made the missles explode...... her drt defintally didnt vaporize anything...
3 the lighting is from her homie and her homie's attaks dont appear to hurt her.

The feats i would point to are bm taking pedro's bomb and not getting scratched, but nami's lightning is clearly stronger then a bomb.

banner.png

#24 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

does anyone feel like the yonkous at least in big mom case are underwhelming?. Sure big mom has looked wild and strong and unstoppable but still she and her 100s 0r 1000s of crewmates are being made a fool and incapable in their own territory. There's no scary, no wonderment to her power, no they are in trouble now. Doflamingo felt more threatening, felt more grand, scarier. What i am saying is that Bi Mom looks beatable

They are army,  army is not ment to fight small cell of terrorists/saboteurs, and SH, in this arc just that. Head on BM and her army would crush SH and all their allies together.

#25 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,407 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

So what? The world is full of superhumans. Especially in the new world.

Also Franky is talking about the tree itself and not a piece of wood from it. He never claimed that the tree was unharmed during the war.

Its just a good quality wood nothing else.

And? That doesn't contradict what I said...

Because that's why Franky bought the wood from the tree LOL

I didn't say he claimed that...

Did I say it was anything else? I only argued there wasn't a limit stated for that ''good quality''

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#26 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

They are army, army is not ment to fight small cell of terrorists/saboteurs, and SH, in this arc just that. Head on BM and her army would crush SH and all their allies together.

Armies are not ment to fight gorrila warfare..... buddy this isnt gorrila warfare, this is a conventional war that BM's massive army is failing to fight.

I want to explain this because you are half right. The US in Afghanistan fightibg the taliban is an example of what you are talking about. Our large army is ill equipped to fight these one off terror attacks, the attacker shows up attacks, then dissapears into the civiliain poplaution. But the sh are not using tactics like that, they are attacking head on with the intentions of living and they cant "dissapear into the civilian population" because of coo and the fact they are in BM'S terrority.

Bm vs the sh is more like US vs sadam hussain. You know the war that lasted roughly 100 hours. Sadam's army was utterly dominated by the vastly superior American army. THAT is what should be happening here. Yet it isnt.

does anyone feel like the yonkous at least in big mom case are underwhelming?. Sure big mom has looked wild and strong and unstoppable but still she and her 100s 0r 1000s of crewmates are being made a fool and incapable in their own territory. There's no scary, no wonderment to her power, no they are in trouble now. Doflamingo felt more threatening, felt more grand, scarier. What i am saying is that Bi Mom looks beatable

Big mom herself? I dint agree. Unless you mean beatable by the kidd aliance or weevel, i think luffy struggling with dogtooth means the current players are far too busy and weak to defeat bm.

But i agree 100 percent with your first comments. The bm pirates are being made fools of and look weak as a unit.

I dont want to be that "i told you so" guy but...... i god damn told everyone so. The narrative among fans was- "unlike every other enemy pirate crew ever seen in OP the crew of the emperors will be competent reliablex and make up roughly 90% of the emperors combat power"
Hell we even had people argue DD could beat kiadou one on one but kiadou had too large a crew......

You guys saw how incompetent WB's crew was and yet you all still thought the other emperor crews would break this theme.

In other words, everyone had too high expectations.

Oh something funny i want to point out, you have to love how jimbe stopped a two handed slash with momentum. But bm switches to one hand and blows him away.

Oda's coreography truely sucks. Which is why i say sanji is the most boring fighter in all of OP. I know no one agrees i just dont see how. In a world where zoro can cut buildings in half from 100 ye
ards away, cp9 can fly turn to steal and use their fingers as guns, cyborgs shoot lasers, and all kids of df exist, how can a guy who just kicks be fun to watch fight? Even zoro can kick damn it...

banner.png

#27 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Yes the straw hats are impressive at keeping Big Mom away.
Yes that is all they can do because she’s this unrelenting monster.
Yes they’re only living this long because she’s starving and holding back for the cake.

But you can’t help but wonder what if Zoro was here? What if she shrugged off his strongest attack?
What if Franky was at a loss on what to do with the sunny?
What if Robin couldn’t hold back the pirates?

That’d be more impressive and terrifying for this arc imo.

#28 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

I'm ready to see her eat pero.

• Himynameisriot likes this

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#29 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

@Fulmine lol dude I said 2 posts ago that we can say that its just wood. And you said its because BM is super superhuman. :lol:

you are clearly claiming things, that were never mentioned. Yeah it survived a war thats it, there are no details. A big giant tree called adam.

What kind of wood does what Franky described? It's still not normal wood

You can tell me what it did. I dont know. A tree has its bark its leafes its life. I dont know about the wood.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#30 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

So the chapters are out a week early.

Anyway skinny mom, talk about scary mom. We got to give Big Ma something to eat or else we are all done. If Big Mom wasn't powerful enough before, she gets a power up.

And Nami you know hot to talk to Zeus.

#31 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

Perospero is fucked no matter what.

RIP Perospero. You had a cool design and an interesting ability. Too bad you never got a proper fight scene to show us the full extent of your abilities.

#32 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Yes the straw hats are impressive at keeping Big Mom away.
Yes that is all they can do because she’s this unrelenting monster.
Yes they’re only living this long because she’s starving and holding back for the cake.

But you can’t help but wonder what if Zoro was here? What if she shrugged off his strongest attack?
What if Franky was at a loss on what to do with the sunny?
What if Robin couldn’t hold back the pirates?

That’d be more impressive and terrifying for this arc imo.

Really? I mean bm blocking luffy's attacks to me is about as good as anything zoro can do.

I just dont think the quantity of scared SH crew members matters that much to establish bm as a scary opponent.

banner.png

#33 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

This damned chase has been going for at least 18 chapters now and its way too boring and draggy. I just Oda would end this shit already.

It's at least the 5th Big Mum chase situation after the wedding cake exploded, talk about repetitive or what.

I wish Oda would show us Luffy against Katakuri and have Sanji finally give BM that damned cake so we can get an end to this nonsense.

#34 Gunza

Gunza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

Big mam is definitely underwhelming. Yeah she's noticably weakened, but there's no excuse to fail to take down half a new world rookie crew with 3 of their most powerful fighters missing. It's just illogical, no matter how weakened she is. But I guess if you think about it, even Mihawk could get stalled by Buggy, so I guess it's not inconceivable. It's just questionable is all. 

Edited by Gunza, 29 December 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#35 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

Jimbe was able to block BM'S attack, anyone remember what happened when akainu attacked him?

I do. Jimbe succesfully blocked the magma punch with his hands (it hurt a little bit apparently).

And at that scene he was blocking an attack which wasnt directed at him (jumped in front of it to block it, which means less preparation time).

And well, he didnt totally block BM's attack, he was sent flying.

So, well, if you really want to evaluate Yonko vs emperors with a single feat you'd better choose another one.
  • Fulmine, Kaidou, Tale and 2 others like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#36 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

Mashed potatoes, with pork chops dipped in some juicy condiments. Wow guys....wow.

the pleasures of life guys, the pleasures of life

Edited by tenchu, 29 December 2017 - 09:24 PM.

24gvaiu.jpg

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,407 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

@Fulmine lol dude I said 2 posts ago that we can say that its just wood. And you said its because BM is super superhuman. :lol:

Yes, because she's so strong you can't take something's being destroyed by her as evidence that that something is weak (''it's just wood''). That's like saying if one is beaten by Son Goku (in his strongest form) one is a weakling and just mere human. Do you know the range of tiers that can be beaten by Son Goku? It ranges from powerless new-born baby to Lucii to Yonkou to Android 18 to some of Toriko top-tiers to whoever is Goku's strongest opponent in Dragon Ball Super.

Or if I say Mr.A is less rich than Bill Gates does that mean A must be a normal salary man? He could be fucking Mark Zuckenberg...

Or let use elementary example, if X<1000000000000 how many values can X take? Why the hell do you think it's so binary that it's either tanking BM or it's just wood? Nothing in between occurs to you?

And you said the world is full of superhumans. Yes, so? How does that refute my point? It's like a random statement. It's not just superhuman, but superhuman like BM. I'm not saying you must be BM level to destroy Sunny but as of now she's the only one to have done that and there are only a handful of guys like that (Yonkiral) that we know so far. YOU are the one inventing headcanon if you say those random superhumans all over the world can do what BM does.

you are clearly claiming things, that were never mentioned

What did I claim? I never claimed anything that was never mentioned. I only used facts from the manga, that Franky held the wood in high regard, enough to use it to create a ship that will sail in New World which means it's not normal wood and that indeed Oda has never shown Sunny's limits so it's stupid to think BM must destroy it otherwise she's not living up to her Yonkou title (that's just either Yonkou wanking or illogical expectation). Like I said, if it was shown that Sunny was significantly damaged by someone weaker than BM then you would be right in expecting BM to do better but that's not the case. BM was the very first to this to Sunny.

Yeah it survived a war thats it, there are no details.

You can tell me what it did. I dont know.

Franky already said the details.

So you didn't read at all yet kept arguing? Wow, very logical and intellectually honest LOL

A big giant tree called adam.

A tree has its bark its leafes its life. I dont know about the wood.

Like I said

Because that's why Franky bought the wood from the tree LOL

You kind of answered your own question. The way I see it BM has selective conciousness during her rampages. Perospero was talking about the cake (which BM was searching for) afterall. And during this chapter she paid very little attention to anything that wasn't cake-related, except for when either Prometheus or BM herslef were attacked

She's still conscious enough to fight, ordering Napoleon, using named attack and calling Jinbe a mere shark which means she's aware of who fighting her, so I think that's not a problem. We just have to accept either Oda doesn't give a fuck about power level or Brook is indeed that fast. In recent SBS Oda did say he would be the fastest in 50m range among the SHs so...

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#38 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:21 AM

I do. Jimbe succesfully blocked the magma punch with his hands (it hurt a little bit apparently).

And at that scene he was blocking an attack which wasnt directed at him (jumped in front of it to block it, which means less preparation time).

And well, he didnt totally block BM's attack, he was sent flying.

So, well, if you really want to evaluate Yonko vs emperors with a single feat you'd better choose another one.

We are surrounded by non believers!

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#39 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:07 AM

Mashed potatoes, with pork chops dipped in some juicy condiments. Wow guys....wow.

the pleasures of life guys, the pleasures of life

Meh I much prefer good old fish and chips, pizza or pasta myself tbh.

#40 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

Really? I mean bm blocking luffy's attacks to me is about as good as anything zoro can do.

I just dont think the quantity of scared SH crew members matters that much to establish bm as a scary opponent.

The number of characters that properly blocked G4 is pretty low, and Zoro hasn't been shown to be among them. And the number of characters that blocked G4, took the steam out of it instantly and forced Luffy to withdraw is 1. Guess who...

For BM's feats, eh, I mean she won't face someone on her level this arc (unless another Yonkou comes around, which I doubt), so there's no way to show her powers against an equal opponent :shrug: That being said, she still got more than enough feats to place her far ahead of Luffy, Doffy and the likes (aka on Yonkou level).

Meh I much prefer good old fish and chips, pizza or pasta myself tbh.

What's "good old" about fastfood? Use your acquired SnS-skills to properly foodgasm! ^^
  • Raiden likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users