155 replies to this topic

#41 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:54 AM

After reading the chapter a third time, I found the chapter better that the first read but Big Mum keeps kind of disappointing me since I found  her threatening and I really wished she would have dammage the sunny more that what she did in this chapter.  but Katakuri will be the main focus since Luffy is fighting him. 

When I was looking at the cover page,  I was surprised to see Kaliffa on it and i thought that Tamago should have been there instead of Marco due to the arc we're in . But since  the minautor is threre, maiking him appeared would have made the spread strange

As for the chapter, I didn't think Brook would his use recurrent  obsession  as a way to distract Big Mom to cut the cloud.   

#42 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Just noticed, from the moment Jimbei blocks BM's sword with his left arm forward, there is not a single panel where his left arm is shown. It even looks like Oda is purposely hiding it. Jimbei may have lost his arm

About the "underwhelming" BM... She's barely paying attention to the crew. She flat out says, "want me gone, give me the cake".

Meanwhile she's being fought by the perfect team. Jimbei is a counter for Prometheus, Nami is a counter fr Zeus, Brook is a counter for BM's DF. Also, BM doesn't care about them. Clearly. she doesn't bother defending, she just lets them hit her because she knows she won't get hurt. All they did until now is annoy her.

• Raiden, capu, Jekkusormi and 1 other like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#43 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:39 AM

Just noticed, from the moment Jimbei blocks BM's sword with his left arm forward, there is not a single panel where his left arm is shown. It even looks like Oda is purposely hiding it. Jimbei may have lost his arm

page 13 on MS bottom right panel. Its there.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#44 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Big Mom failing to take down Nami, Chopper and Brooke says nothing about her strength. I'm tired of these "Big Mom is underwhelming" complaints

yes , the "underwhelming" was the right word that I shoud have stated I I didn't really remember everything you mentioned in your post from the get go but why are you mentionining this trio  Even though there there not the strongest characters of the straw hats crew  I didn't expect them she'll kill them, even cutting the ship in half (it's something she planned to do or still wants to do)

#45 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

I do. Jimbe succesfully blocked the magma punch with his hands (it hurt a little bit apparently).

And at that scene he was blocking an attack which wasnt directed at him (jumped in front of it to block it, which means less preparation time).

And well, he didnt totally block BM's attack, he was sent flying.

So, well, if you really want to evaluate Yonko vs emperors with a single feat you'd better choose another one.

I am confused. When you type lies and untruths like this do you hope i dont read OP or do you actually believe that?

1st off it hurt jimbe alot. The next scene you can clearly see his arm is burnt and smoking. Jimbe even says "it i have to get torn apart to stop you for a few seconds i will"

2nd you have to know you are wrong about the whole "unaimed attack" nonsense. What do you think Mr 1? Is blocking an attack not intended for you easier or harder?
Mr 1 "what are you talking about i am mihawk level, me blocking that attack was no fluke".

He was sent harmlessly flying a few feet. When he tried to block akainu's attack he got his arm burnt, admitted his best efforts could only slightly delay akainu, then when akainu was much weaker he nearly killed jimbe.

There is no comparison between how bad bm did causing no damage, and how akainu did nearly killing jimbe

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#46 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Big Mom failing to take down Nami, Chopper and Brooke says nothing about her strength. I'm tired of these "Big Mom is underwhelming" complaints. Most of the overwhelmingly powerful villains or antagonists in this manga have had the same problem. Remember Usopp and Nami dodging lightning and stalling against Eneru? Remember the SHs dodging Pacifista lasers on Shabondy? Remember not a single person relevant person being captured by Kizaru on the same archipelago? Remember Doflamingo's attack doing nothing significant to Kinemon? Remember Luffy surviving attacks from the likes of Admirals and Mihawk despite being half-dead upon arriving in Marineford? In this very chapter we had Zeus's attack on Nami being redirected to Brooke for a gag. Does this mean Zeus can't aim? Stop acting like every detail is important. We already know Big Mom can destroy entire fleets with a single attack with any of her Homies. Even Daifuku can damage multiple ships with one attack.

You just don't get it do you?

Usually in any work of fiction involving a powerful entity that serves as an antagonist you'll need some sort of depiction as to why that said villain is powerful, threatening, scary, important, etc.

But Oda isn't showing any of that showing for Big Mom at all and is passing it off using dumb shitty excuses wrapped around a boring ass chase plot.

I am not gonna shy away from stating how Oda's execution of her after the wedding has been abysmal.

He is basically crapping on the power level structure that he has established throughout the whole manga by his constant undermining of her.

#47 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

Big Mom failing to take down Nami, Chopper and Brooke says nothing about her strength. I'm tired of these "Big Mom is underwhelming" complaints. Most of the overwhelmingly powerful villains or antagonists in this manga have had the same problem. Remember Usopp and Nami dodging lightning and stalling against Eneru? Remember the SHs dodging Pacifista lasers on Shabondy? Remember not a single person relevant person being captured by Kizaru on the same archipelago? Remember Doflamingo's attack doing nothing significant to Kinemon? Remember Luffy surviving attacks from the likes of Admirals and Mihawk despite being half-dead upon arriving in Marineford? In this very chapter we had Zeus's attack on Nami being redirected to Brooke for a gag. Does this mean Zeus can't aim? Stop acting like every detail is important. We already know Big Mom can destroy entire fleets with a single attack with any of her Homies. Even Daifuku can damage multiple ships with one attack.

Allow me to explain,
enel, he did take out usopp and sanji, it is in character for enel to joke around with his enemies..... remember enel? Funny guy....
PX, px are weaker then the sh crew what even is this point?
Kizaru- it was said he captured a ton of guys, the sh were his real targest and we saw how they got away, why would kizaru go out of his way to capture characters that are important to us fans? The SN didnt do anything to get specifically targeted and they are smart so they got away, kizaru picked up the pirates who didnt.
DD's slashing attacks didnt do much to a samuri? Weird.... maybe kine is really strong....DD took laws arm and beat him twice what else do you want from him.

As for MF you are being way too misleading ignoring the fact luffy had the help of....everone on the battle field.... wb even yelled out "everyone help that guy" i mean for gods sake the end of that was made it very clear it took the entire wb pirate crew crocodile and law showing up out of no were for no reason for luffy to make it out of there and even then he would of died if law wasnt a great doctor.

So bm showed up did zero damage to any sh and was hit multiple times. Why is that not underwhelming? Even fuji did more in dr and we all know he famously did almost nothing

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#48 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

page 13 on MS bottom right panel. Its there.

I can't see the arm though, can you?

Anyways, am I the only one who is annoyed at Zeus? This guy is Big Mom! He's her own soul! How the fuck does he put on that silly face when a random weakling threatens to kill him? Why does he act like a child when he's been around for at least 30 years? Why the fuck is he so dumb and why the fuck is he so scared, BM is still there lol.

I'm also slightly annoyed at BM. Just like WB, and how I'm expecting Kaidou, she doesn't seem to actually be a good fighter. Just an absurdly powerful person with a strong DF. She doesn't block, she doesn't dodge, she doesn't do shit. All she does is random sword flinging and using her overwhelming power in AoE attacks. 

Gee fuck the yonkous, just give me Shanks he's the only one who may have interesting fights...

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#49 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Zeus was tiny when Nami threatened him, plus homies seem to develop their own personalities.
  • Raiden likes this

#50 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Quite ballsy, ending 2017 with the most horrible chapter in OP existence.

-2/10
  • D.Hyuga likes this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#51 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

What did I claim? I never claimed anything that was never mentioned. I only used facts from the manga, that Franky held the wood in high regard, enough to use it to create a ship that will sail in New World which means it's not normal wood and that indeed Oda has never shown Sunny's limits so it's stupid to think BM must destroy it otherwise she's not living up to her Yonkou title (that's just either Yonkou wanking or illogical expectation). Like I said, if it was shown that Sunny was significantly damaged by someone weaker than BM then you would be right in expecting BM to do better but that's not the case. BM was the very first to this to Sunny.

Simply because he thinks it can sail the world does in no way mean it can take damage from anyone, much less from yonkou, whos real powerlvl Franky could not even comprehend at the moment of the statement, since he knew nothing about powerlvls back then. Why do u even think that Franky meant to say such a thing? Remember sailing/withstanding every possible damage

Its stupid for u to think yonkou cant destroy "special wood"? Good to know....what the heck is this reasoning in the first place.... Oda had not shown all the admirals after Aokiji incident either , yet  we all knew them to be powerhouses anyway....but no in ur "logic" that reasoning, while turning out to  be true, would have been stupid..... 

I dont even deny the possibilty u provided it could have very well been true that the adam tree wood would be indestructable, but the likelyness of that was still way lower that the likelyness of a yonkou still damaging it, so i dont understand why u had to be impolite.....by calling it illogical and wanking....  

The number of characters that properly blocked G4 is pretty low, and Zoro hasn't been shown to be among them. And the number of characters that blocked G4, took the steam out of it instantly and forced Luffy to withdraw is 1. Guess who...

For BM's feats, eh, I mean she won't face someone on her level this arc (unless another Yonkou comes around, which I doubt), so there's no way to show her powers against an equal opponent That being said, she still got more than enough feats to place her far ahead of Luffy, Doffy and the likes (aka on Yonkou level).

While her incapabilities/weaknesses certainly were pointed out numerous times her powerlvl so far has been made pretty clear and its way above DD, Cracker, Luffy etc.

Moreover i still believe that a lot of people underestimate the power of her DF. It is said that only Jinbei ever withstood her "soul-taking" as such i think its a pretty deathly ability,  and we dont know if any none SH character is capable of withstanding from it (Chopper, Nami and Usoop most likely are not though).

Edited by capu, 30 December 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#52 XReader

XReader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationχάος - Primordial Chaos

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

The color page is about Chinese zodiac and after pairing all the obvious (as in which character represents which animal), we are left with rat-pig and Manshelly-BM. Based on size I guess it's once again obvious Manshelly is rat and BM is pig. Uhm...personally I like pig (my second favorite animal after fox actually) cause I think they are cute, chubby and actually it's said pig is pretty intelligent among animals. But not sure what Oda thinks about it...My goodness, is that some not-so-subtle antagonist diss by the author himself? :hurr:

Edit: Oda uses Fuji as tiger because of his epithet but not the other 3 Admirals? I can understand Kizaru being left out for Luffy the main character but...and actually Zolo has been drawn as tiger in a previous color page (the one right after timeskip, I think) so by same logic Oda should use Zolo instead of Fuji. Unless Oda means to say Marco and Inu are gonna be big factors in Wano arc (which is obvious). Does this mean Fuji will show up there, too? Like, he was also from Wano? :lol:

Late to the thread, most of what I wanted to say is covered already. Just wanted to add about Chinese Zodiac on the cover page: other than Mansherry/Rat, and Big Mom/Pig, I also find Marco the Phoenix as Rooster as peculiar.  Rooster does fly, but not far, hardly the representation for the mythical bird Phoenix, unless Oda includes him as part of the foreshadowing.  Macro would aid SHs & Minks in defeating Kaido, and in turn, Marco would request SHs & Minks in aiding him in defeating Blackbeard. 

#53 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,181 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Late to the thread, most of what I wanted to say is covered already. Just wanted to add about Chinese Zodiac on the cover page: other than Mansherry/Rat, and Big Mom/Pig, I also find Marco the Phoenix as Rooster as peculiar.  Rooster does fly, but not far, hardly the representation for the mythical bird Phoenix, unless Oda includes him as part of the foreshadowing.  Macro would aid SHs & Minks in defeating Kaido, and in turn, Marco would request SHs & Minks in aiding him in defeating Blackbeard. 

We know that the SHs are seeking Marco to help them, so I wouldn't be surprised if Oda included him because of his upcoming relevance.

That being said, Marco is also the only bird-Zoan in the last 600 chapters.

#54 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Just wanna remind everyone...

Big Mom ain't use Haki last chapter...AT ALL

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#55 Nagaraja

Nagaraja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • LocationResting in the arms of the Ground Prophet Chad-Sama

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

So let me get this straight. People are surprised that a starving,tired and emotionally compromised and distracted Big Mom isn't displaying Yonkou power levels?
Before this she was no-selling G4 Kong Guns. Before this, Brook couldn't harm Zeus.
Her goal right now isn't even fighting the SHs. Sje just wants the cake. She's literally starving to death and you're surprised she isn't demolishing them.
  • Petite Fleur, Raiden, Tale and 3 others like this

"Reason exists for those who cannot go on living without clinging to it. Now let's go... to the edge of reason." Aizen

"It's been so long that I forgot the pain of not having a name. Everyone had a name that friends use to call them, but I didn't. That pain." Zaraki Kenpachi

#56 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,407 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:54 AM

unless Oda includes him as part of the foreshadowing. Macro would aid SHs & Minks in defeating Kaido, and in turn, Marco would request SHs & Minks in aiding him in defeating Blackbeard.

Yeah, that's what I meant by

Unless Oda means to say Marco and Inu are gonna be big factors in Wano arc (which is obvious).

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,407 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:00 AM

Simply because he thinks it can sail the world does in no way mean it can take damage from anyone

...Still don't read? I never said that meant it can take damage from anyone (wait, what do you mean by ''take damage'' anw? Anything/anyone can take damage, what matters is their states after that LOL. I never said Sunny would be perfectly okay or anything like that if that's what you meant). What I said is

which means it's not normal wood

That's the only conclusion I used from Franky's dialogue and it directly addressed Enbima's ''it's just wood''

So funny thing is you bolded my reasoning (Franky held the Adam wood in high regard...) but somehow left out my conclusion (it's not normal wood) and then went on attacking a conclusion I never made (it can take damage from anyone). Are you just trying to find a way to go at me, classic capu?

Its stupid for u to think yonkou cant destroy "special wood"?

Once again, what you understood is somehow different from what I wrote. Read again! What I said is it's stupid to jump to conclusion. If there's enough evidence (like in the latest chapter) then sure, of course Yonkou can destroy Adam's wood. Before there wasn't, so I don't just trust things LOL. Good for you for being able to trust things so easily.

Oda had not shown all the admirals after Aokiji incident either , yet we all knew them to be powerhouses anyway....but no in ur "logic" that reasoning, while turning out to be true, would have been stupid.....

First of all, again, I don't just trust things because of just hype and crap. Feats are what I need so sorry, I never belong in that ''we'' you spoke of so please stop generalizing or grouping me in that stupid ''we''. I never believed Fuji was that strong until he showed me he was. And same goes for Ryokugyu.

Second, let say I accept that Admirals are strong without feats, it's still a different situation from the Sunny.

We know one of the requirements for being Admiral is being strong. Oda even let Caramel stressed that again when she said BM had potential to be Admirals or Fleet Admirals, which means these positions need strength (although maybe not the only criteria and there could be exception) to achieve, unless you think Caramel was talking about 6 year-old BM's potential for politics/Marines management skills or whatever LOL. Doflamingo also said he heard they were monsters and the fact that they were drafted (not promoted) means they need to be something to be chosen and Akainu was the one in charge so we'd better believe he would do it right. There are a lot of hype and info that says they should be strong, unlike in Sunny's case where the only thing we got is a praise from Franky and nothing else.

Finally, the reasoning and the conclusion are two different things. If you can't comprehend such basic thing then go educate yourself first. You can guess something right thanks to dumb luck or whatever but that doesn't mean your reasoning for getting that conlcusion is sound. For example: 1+1=3 => 2+2=4. The right-handed side is right but not because of the left-handed side...so yeah, the Admirals may turn out to be strong but that doesn't mean your reasoning for that before they showed up and fought is right. ''Turning out to be true'' is a completely irrelevant factor here.

I dont even deny the possibilty u provided it could have very well been true that the adam tree wood would be indestructable, but the likelyness of that was still way lower that the likelyness of a yonkou still damaging it

So you admit the chance is not zero. Yet Enbima was adamant ''wood is just wood'' so clearly he's jumping to conclusion. You just agreed I was right to point that out, good to know. :rolleyes:

And no, again, I never said Yonkou couldn't damage it and the debate is never just about whether Yonkou could/could not damage it but how much damage would be done (which could mean no damage but also little damage). I just said the wood could be tougher than Enbima thought so he shouldn't think the ship must be damaged for BM to be worthy of Yonkou title.

Way lower? Where do you get that from? Imaginary land?

so i dont understand why u had to be impolite.....by calling it illogical and wanking....

I said ''or'', not ''and''. Can't read again? And ''illogical'' is impolite? Did you grow up in spoiled environment or you naturally can't take criticism? It's because I think people are wrong/not fully right that I challenge and debate with them, that's a given, unless you're shitting on the whole concept of debating LOL which is baffling because you're doing just that. There's only right or wrong, more likely or less likely here but impolite? There's politeness in terms of HOW you debate though and I don't think calling thing illogical violates that. Saying ''you fucking xyz'' would be and I didn't. And hell if that xyz is true then it's just saying fact and being honest.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#58 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

@Fulmine Of course I can jump on conclusions. Why not? Luffy was able to set it on fire. Jora can turn it into art. Weakened BM is destroying it like its nothing.

The strongest wood is still wood. Its not some magic stuff. You dont have to be a "super superhuman" to destroy it.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#59 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

@Fulmine@Enbima@capu

You are poisoning this thread with 'what kind of wood is Adam's tree?' discussion.

Make yourself a thread(or get a room) and discuss there.

#60 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

So let me get this straight. People are surprised that a starving,tired and emotionally compromised and distracted Big Mom isn't displaying Yonkou power levels?
Before this she was no-selling G4 Kong Guns. Before this, Brook couldn't harm Zeus.
Her goal right now isn't even fighting the SHs. Sje just wants the cake. She's literally starving to death and you're surprised she isn't demolishing them.

I mean, WB was a sick man who could barely dodge anything, and he still stood his own against Admirals.

• capu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users