Are you SERIOUS!!
A BREAK AFTER THE HOLIDAYS!

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:07 AM

Ugh, another break just right after OP came back from two breaks.

Could have done without the Sanji crap, that part felt unnecessary imo. Also he still hasn't deployed the stupid cake either.

Mediocre stalling chapter.

#4 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

Luffy has no business defeating Katakuri right now. That's clear.

This big mom stuff is getting old now. We know very well both Prometheus and Zeus are extremely faster than ships, why can't she catch up?

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#5 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

I don't really care about the tontatas but they represent the SH now. So they better be getting payed. If bot, they are back at their "dark ages" when they were abused by the donflamingo kings.

This chapter actually confirmed something everybody was asking. Will this fight between luffy and katakuri be swept under the rug. The answer is no. 1 because everyone in totto land is aware of their fight and 2 because BigBird is still in WCI waiting for that 1st page material.

Chopper once again is spamming monster point. Why doesn't he understand that the moment he used it to fight homies, monster point list all of its credibility. He used to fight non fighting homies. It wasn't to fight the soldiers, it was to fight tree homies that only serve to trick people.

Sanji arrives. . .

Luffy gets ultimate CoO. He doesn't has 100% control over it but it's there. Now he only needs ultimate CoA and awakening.

#6 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:55 AM

It would be terrible if this year goes like this: Break, Chapter, Break, Chapter etc.

• Dude likes this

#7 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

The last two breaks where kinda understandable, since all of Jump not just OP went on break cuz of Japanese national holidays.

This break is annoying, I dunno Oda felt the need to take a personal break so soon just after Jump came back from hiatus. The timing of this break just sucks.

#8 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

A break, really? sigh

Luffy has no business defeating Katakuri right now. That's clear.

In fight level up is already happening.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#9 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Dam well this fight ever end? Luffy vs Dogtooth seems like forever, I am ready to move on.

So the cake is so good, it will take down Big Mom, yup we are using Food Wars logic here. I wish we could take Big Ma and put her in Food Wars, she would be very happy there.

Anyway not much happened really, the fight continues, Big Mom is going to kill everyone, blah blah. Anyway we are going on break next week.

#10 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

Pudding is under 15? What's wrong with the mangakas these days???

Edited by Enbima, 12 January 2018 - 08:07 AM.

• Kolfer and Dude like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#11 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

So something Oda does near the end of every single arc is prolonging each and every chapter in order to leave with that big cliffhanger'ish moment.

I saw that Baks said that he could've done without the "Sanji-crap", but showing us that he finished the cake before arriving at Big Mom could be seen as a necessary piece of plot. I don't think that Oda has shown us too much of the baking of the cake. He showed the beginning, how it got to the ship, answering to us whether or not Bege would put poison in it (because that would be logical for him to do) and then showed us the finished result. I honestly don't think he showed us too much in that regard.

What he did do to just tick off pages was introducing us to Charlotte Flambé, a character who wants to become Little Sister King apparently. A NEW character, with a NEW ambition, with ZERO links to the ongoing plot outside of being a bedazzled Katakuri-fan - introduced when the arc is wrapping up. Please Oda, cut that shit out already. Show us more fights scenes if you want to stretch pages.

I liked the fight-scenes in this chapter by the way. I think that by listening to the attacks' "aura" shows Luffy their "intent", and by learning their "intent" he can foresee the future. Because when you know what somebody wants to do, by reading their intent, it will be easier to see/envision that moment? Just my take on how I'd explain Rayleigh's words - aside from helping Luffy to calm the F down.

Or like Abaroxa said: 100% CoO unlocked but not perfected.

And yeah, breaks are annoying, especially in early January.

• Raiden likes this

#12 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

I personally hate the cake stuff since I feel that it's a terrible and cheap plot device to hold off Big Mum so the crew can escape.

I much rather Oda show Sanji's cunning like his Mr Prince moments in Alabasta and EL where helped the crew to escape or even fighting one of Big Mum's family members like Oven or Daifuki (sp?) instead.

Especially given his shitty performance and development so far in this arc. Where he betrayed the crew and basically dithered unable to make the hard choices when so much was on the line like his own life, his sister's, his crew and Zeff's too earlier on this arc.

I definitely agree with Locormus's comments about Charlotte Flambe too, her introduction just seems pointless given the last stage of this arc. It's just more unnecessary padding by Oda there.

#13 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

How old were Sanji and Nami pre time skip again?

Sanji’s whole plot this arc was proving that he has value. He’s more than a fighter, he’s a cook. I’m not a huge fan of the cake saving the day, but it’s obvious that Oda is having a cook save the day against someone addicted to food.

#14 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Flambe being the 33rd Daughter is probably a mistake on Oda's part that will be corrected in later volumes. Oda made a similar mistake with Praline and Joscarpone and that was corrected later on.

• Raiden, Kaidou, dbgetblack and 2 others like this

#15 King Tai

King Tai

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts
  • LocationNeo Florida

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

I wonder if Flambe and and Pudding are part of a set just like Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven? They may be a set but totally different in appearances. Unless it was Oda's mistake, I can't see Pudding being younger than that.

The_SHWANN_Universe_7_by_Shwann.jpg

#16 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

The last two breaks where kinda understandable, since all of Jump not just OP went on break cuz of Japanese national holidays.

This break is annoying, I dunno Oda felt the need to take a personal break so soon just after Jump came back from hiatus. The timing of this break just sucks.

Oda is forced to take breaks by his publishers due to his health. Several people in Japan have died due to overworking that they even came up with a term for it called 'Karoshi' and if it was up to Oda he'd be in his grave by now.

Edited by Nintendocat, 12 January 2018 - 10:29 AM.

• Kazekage, Raiden, King Tai and 1 other like this

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

I wonder if Flambe and and Pudding are part of a set just like Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven? They may be a set but totally different in appearances. Unless it was Oda's mistake, I can't see Pudding being younger than that.

Flambe being the 33rd Daughter is probably a mistake on Oda's part that will be corrected in later volumes. Oda made a similar mistake with Praline and Joscarpone and that was corrected later on.

If I have to bet I will also bet on Oda making mistake. He's the guy who thinks (or was it his editor?) revealing Viola and DD were a couple (or at least in a sexual relationship) is too much for One Piece so he wouldn't make Pudding 15. But you know, I personally think it's not a problem at all for Pudding to be 14-15 no matter the angle you look at it, as a reader who is experiencing a story, that is.

How old were Sanji and Nami pre time skip again?

Sanji 19, Nami 18.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#18 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

But you know, I personally think it's not a problem at all for Pudding to be 14-15 no matter the angle you look at it, as a reader who is experiencing a story, that is.

Why?

#19 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

The cake looks like it was designed more for Perona than Big Mom.

I am digging the look though and the fact that Oda made the effort to have the cake look like a masterpiece as well.

#20 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

My aunt was married at 15 so I don't really see a problem with Pudding being 15 or younger ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Hoff, 12 January 2018 - 11:59 AM.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users