#21 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

I like how they’re makin this fight last so long. Over a hour right? It makes more sense that it would last this long considering luffy is probably getting stronger in this fight and afterwards his next major fight will be wit kaido. So he needed this to make that fight more believeable.

#22 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

Why?

Well, what could be the reason one has problem with the idea of Pudding being 14-15? I can only imagine a few 

1. No suspension of disbelief: Can a 15 year-old look like that (height, boobs etc.)?

Well, the answer is yes...This is different from age of consent. As far as body goes, girls (and boys) can hit puberty pretty early and be well-developed by age 14-15. Depends on each individual but yeah, not that strange.

Besides, One Piece is a fictional world where leg day is skipped and human can be pretty huge (BM, WB), or say Brulee is younger than Katakuri despite looking so old, clearly appearance is not that straightforward. Whether out-verse or in-verse perspective, there's no problem. :shrug:

2. She married

Putting aside the fact that BM planned to kill the Vinsmokes anw (so Pudding wouldn't be Sanji's wife), in several cultures, it is possible to marry that young and that's our real world. One Piece is, again, a fictional world so it may have its own even-crazier culture, not to mention specifically WCI culture, and hell, it is BM territory, she can make her own law. Oda is telling a story of that world, it's not like he's vocally supporting child molesting so rather than being needlessly criticizing I suppose readers can just treat it as a...story. There's nothing wrong. When I read Rurouni Kenshin and it's said in old Japan 15 year-old boy is already considered a man and can have wife, fight etc. I was like ''oh, I see. New knowledge''. Done. Should I have been indignant?

3. Publication

LOL, this is One Piece, 99.99% Oda won't show Pudding having sex or doing weird stuffs so relax.

4. Fuck the above 3, wrong is wrong.

Okay...yet people have no problem with pirating...

Edited by Fulmine, 12 January 2018 - 12:40 PM.

• Lucky Wolf, King Tai and Madara D Dragon like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#23 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

So attacks have an 'aura' around them, eh? That could explain Asura and Diable Jambe.

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

Luffy keeps using non-G4 forms? Come on Katakuri...

So attacks have an 'aura' around them, eh? That could explain Asura and Diable Jambe.

Probably just another word for voice.

#25 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Rebecca is 16 and I thought she was oversexualized but Oda... you never disappoint!
It doesn't matter if she marries with 15 or less but not with someone that is way older than her. Sanjino is 21.

Anyway the chapter was less than OK for a set up chapter. When did the 33rd daughter even enter?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#26 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Luffy about to Rob Lucci this muh up in this bitch. Its always when they tell him its pointless that Luffy calms down or powers up and surpasses them like he said what he was gonna do. Luffy always follows through when he says what hes gonna do. And Katakuri is acting too cocky for a usual villain even tho he can back it up.

#27 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

When did the 33rd daughter even enter?
She's there to witness and  reveal katakuri ugly face

24gvaiu.jpg

#28 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Bet you 5€ BM still won't eat the cake next chapter

#29 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

015.png

you gotta admit, riding a big sun image is yonko worthy

big mom can do with fire what ace could have never dream of.

Edited by tenchu, 12 January 2018 - 03:06 PM.

• Raiden, Kaidou and Dude like this

24gvaiu.jpg

#30 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RteBYAeEutA/Wl...

Yeah, she can create a bigger fireball than Ace and is also immune to the flames' heat.

#31 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

Ace created a fireball that was half as big as Banaro Island. 

http://www.mangainn....e-piece1/441/17

Calm down people.

This was an okay chapter.

I can't be affected by emotional aspect of Sanji and Luffy's assertions this chapter because I don't believe Luffy can lose here. He was in a desperate situation in the beginning, but every time he comes close to losing he's miraculously saved, and now Katakuri is getting tired and somehow Luffy can equal his strength mochi attacks with G3. :shrug: Maybe Katakuri didn't put that much power behind that one because he didn't think Luffy would predict it, but I don't understand how he'd not do that even if Luffy foresaw his attack, because Katakuri would have foreseen his attack.

Cover page was great, because the dwarves are hilariously bad at pirating as expected.

Aside from that, the fight was okay to watch, but nothing we haven't seen before. Big Mom was unsurprisingly impressive but I'm glad that cake is finally here, because this chase has been going on for too long.

• Furinji Saiga and Fulmine like this

#32 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Yonko worthy is using the said sun for other thing than riding.

Right now she's like Ceaser, but instead of dogs she's more a "sun whisperer".

#33 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

Jinbei already giving up lol! That grilled fish wont replace anything.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#34 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

somehow Luffy can equal his strength mochi attacks with G3.

Didn't Luffy get pushed back and hurt by that punch though?

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#35 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Ugh, another break just right after OP came back from two breaks.

Could have done without the Sanji crap, that part felt unnecessary imo. Also he still hasn't deployed the stupid cake either.

Mediocre stalling chapter.

that was jump as a whole not just OP though.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#36 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

This is just progressing at a snail's pace. It is funny that seeing Luffy fight Katakuri is a breath of fresh air over Big Mom chasing the Strawhats even though Luffy's fight has been going on forever too. Big Mom at least smelled the cake so hopefully things focus back on Sanji's story soon. Him presenting the cake to Big Mom and her reaction is sort of all I'm interested in at this point. 

At least Luffy should defeat Katakuri soon too. They already have Luffy using the future seeing ability of Katakuri's and it is probably a few more chapters and Luffy will beat him up. I still don't like luffy gaining a future seeing ability as it feels so random. Oda sort of writes himself into a corner with it as Luffy shouldn't really have any problems with people who can't also see the future. So either Oda has to give everyone Luffy fights seriously the future seeing ability to counter it or will do the tired "I can see his moves before they happen but I am not fast enough to counter them" thing making the future seeing ability sort of irrelevant. It is what it is at this point as Luffy has the ability now so I'll just accept it. 

Although I suppose Katakuri has the ability and he has been very ineffective this whole arc too, so maybe the ability is pointless, lol. 

Probably just another word for voice.

Was that the same voice Roger used or the one Zoro used? I think they were supposed to be different things. 

#37 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,919 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

Was that the same voice Roger used or the one Zoro used? I think they were supposed to be different things. 

Yeah, they are different. 

What Zoro used was the breath of all things, to cut steel.  

Stephens script. 

Zoro: {The falling rock was like a living thing... I felt its presence...

Not presence... it was stronger than that... just like...
    "BREATH"...
    The breath... of rock....
    Trees have the breath of trees.
    Soil has the breath of...
    Is that what he meant...?}

The Voice of all things is something that seems to be  more exclusive, aka what Roger and Luffy can do, where they can "hear"  voices of things no one else can, like the Sea Kings and Zunisha and be able to "hear" the Poneglyphs. 

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 12 January 2018 - 09:00 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#38 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

No, I mean the one in Skypiea

It doesn't matter if she marries with 15 or less but not with someone that is way older than her. Sanjino is 21.

Only 6 years...when Sanji is 30, she's 24.

Didn't Luffy get pushed back and hurt by that punch though?

You don't see Katakuri's kick?

Yeah, she can create a bigger fireball than Ace and is also immune to the flames' heat.

That was only when Ace first made the fireball. Later it grew into half the size of an island...

Some people downgraded BM's Yonkou worthiness whilst some think she's worthy for wrong reason. What a controversial character LOL

now Katakuri is getting tired and somehow Luffy can equal his strength mochi attacks with G3. :shrug:

Katakuri should also have rest in the time Luffy was running away so I don't think being tired is even a factor. Unless Luffy recovers way faster than him but we don't see Luffy eating anything.

Maybe Katakuri didn't put that much power behind that one because he didn't think Luffy would predict it, but I don't understand how he'd not do that even if Luffy foresaw his attack, because Katakuri would have foreseen his attack.

I think it's just like when Sanji dodged his jelly beans or when he was surprised Luffy ran away after being reminded of G4's time limit.

I mean fights between CoO users should be like that. If they keep predicting and second-guessing each other the fight wouldn't even start.

#39 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,240 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

with ZERO links to the ongoing plot outside of being a bedazzled Katakuri-fan - introduced when the arc is wrapping up. Please Oda, cut that shit out already.

I have to disagree on the fact that Katakuri is clearly the best.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#40 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:45 AM

ARE BIG MOM SONS STRONG BECAUSE THEY ARE SONS OF HER OR DID THEY TRAIN MUCH?

24gvaiu.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users