Photo

Darling in the FranXX (Winter 2018 Clubhouse Anime)

Anime

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:56 PM

3149j14.jpg

Plot Summary
The story is set in the distant future. The land is ruined, and humanity establishes the mobile fort city Plantation. Pilots produced inside Plantation live in Mistilteinn, also know as the "birdcage." Children live there knowing nothing of the outside world or the freedom of the sky. Their lives consist of battling to carry out missions. Their enemies are mysterious giant lifeforms known as Kyouryuu, and the children pilot robots called Franxx to face off against them. For the children, riding the Franxx proves their existence.
A boy named Hiro is called Code:016, and he was once known as a prodigy. However, he has fallen behind, and his existence seems unnecessary. Not piloting a Franxx is the same as ceasing to exist. One day, a mysterious girl known as "Zero Two" appears before him. Two horns grow out of her head.

Studio: A-1, Trigger
Genre: Mecha, Sci-Fi
Source: Original
Episodes: 24

http://www.crunchyro...g-in-the-franxx

PS: Sorry about the late thread, I've been really sick this past week.

• Tokoya and Fulmine like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

Spoiler Episode 1

Spoiler Episode 2

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

I don't think I'll ever get used to the... maneuvering... contraptions. I mean, the... uh... cockpit arrangements go so far beyond suggestive that it somehow loops back around and reaches parody levels. It's distracting but, I hate to admit, it is nothing short of amazing in how shameless it is.

I don't like the mecha designs? It kind of looks like Star Driver, but with little kid's eyes plastered on top, which makes them incredibly nonthreatening. I was kind of hoping they would ride wild animal mechs like in episode 1, with the protagonist being the exception, but no such luck, I guess.

As for the plot... I'm interested in watching all the pilot pairings develop this new concept of "romance" that they apparently know nothing about. I also want a reason to root for protagonist guy, because so far he's just the foil for Zero Two to be awesome.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

#4 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Not a bad start, but all of those metaphors for sex...I'm not sure if it is too much or not. 

02 is pretty cool and a nice change of pace.

2ccmpm8.gif

#5 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,646 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Not a bad start, but all of those metaphors for sex...I'm not sure if it is too much or not.

Everything everywhere is a metaphor for rebirth and thus sex.

• Tokoya and Fulmine like this

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

Everything everywhere is a metaphor for rebirth and thus sex.

Sort of like Rule 34. :lolxg:

• Tokoya likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Spoiler Episode 3

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

my take on this anime.

It seems that the MC was suppose to be the best and the leader of the group. Something happen to him in the past and now he is a worthless piece of shit. Yet he is still the best and the higher ups are giving him special treatment because he have the most potential. This have spit the group in half one side remembers how he treated them and want their leader back and the others hate him because he was better than them and is still in the program because of his special treatment. That is why in episode three that moron try to show the MC was worthless and anyone can do what he did in the first episode.

The new leader like the last girl who died in episode one is disappointed that he is a worthless piece of crap but still believe that he have great potential.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#9 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

The growth on Hiro's chest is the same color as Klaxosaur blood which I guess is supposed to make us think that he's turning into one of them but the reality is that we don't know what the actual relationship between humans and Klaxosaur are (or the parasites and adults) and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Suka Suka like plot development on that front.

Zero's character is a lot more malicious than I thought but it actually makes sense why given the circumstances. Also despite not being one she's still the most human of the main cast in terms of personality though whether that's because she's older than the rest and has had more time develop or because she was raised with a degree of freedom as opposed to the heavily controlled and indoctrinated lifestyles (that prayer was seriously disturbing) of the others is still up in the air.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#10 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

Is this the first time Naomi has been referenced since episode one? I was starting to wonder if she had really died since her death hadn't seemed to have been acknowledged in-universe by the other parasites even though they seem close.

#11 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

I think Ichigo said that Naomi survived but was in the hospital or something but I also think they were already resigned to the fact that they were never going to see Naomi again so even if she had died it's probably no different than her being sent back to the garden (where it's implied they get killed off anyway).

Actually that's kind of a small problem I've been having with show for the past few episodes, Hiro riding with Zero has been consistently framed as potentially fatally dangerous but the reality is that it's his only option to become a parasite and it's already been established that kids that fail to become parasites have no future and are possibly killed off. I think it can only be framed as a dangerous choice if he has a viable alternative in the first place so while I get Goro and Ichigo's concern what exactly do they want him to do.

• Candles likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#12 TheFireSage

TheFireSage

The King

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

REM IS STILL BE- Sorry wrong anime.  :charm:

Ichigo stealing the show a lil bit  :isee:   002 acting loner to make Hiro pay attention to her... Or they just wanted to focus on Ichigo.  :hurr:

Interesting conversation in end of episode; Doc said if he fell for her, he'd only be getting himself hurt. Has this happened before? The previous parasite rejected her 'true' form (red Oni) and as a result was infected and turned klaxosaur?

Did he mean ONLY him or just a general expression?

Depends on translation I guess, something obviously happens, whether that be her true form (Hiro will obviously accept her :rly: ), another option that we don't have enough information about or they simply separate them.

Lot's of options out there.  :rly:

YzmDchp.png

#13 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

I definitely didn't expect a beach episode but it was nice. I'm liking the dynamic of the main cast but I really hope this show doesn't end up going into Kiznaiver territory.

Also I've been wondering this for a while but what exactly are Hachi and Nana?

Interesting conversation in end of episode; Doc said if he fell for her, he'd only be getting himself hurt. Has this happened before?

I don't think anyone else has lasted with Zero long enough to set a precedent so I think Doc's warning is partially based in how the FranXX operate since there's an emotional component to controlling them. Who knows though, if it's something serious he should've come out and said instead of giving a vague warning like that.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#14 TheFireSage

TheFireSage

The King

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

hmmm i'm sensing something..

TRICKERRRYYYY

Spoiler

DR FRANXXX SAID PARASITES ARE BETTER OFF BEING PERVY1!1

Spoiler ACTUAL SPOILER EP 8

YzmDchp.png

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

Today's episode was objectively 10/10 Comedy gold  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  I used to hate Zorome but that kid is the ultimate troll and I love it  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 TheFireSage

TheFireSage

The King

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationThe Heavens

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Such feelings. SUCH LOVE!  :cry:  :shakefist:

Maybe someday bro. Just keep truck'in. :kakashi:

Good episode for drama/slice but I see this anime isn't really built for good fights. So far imo.

I do hope they balance it out so there's not dry extremes of both (all fighting no drama - all drama no fight) once they run out of major developments between the characters. All in all good ep.  :hai:

YzmDchp.png

#17 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

So far, this could become one of my favourite series. 

The relationships between the characters are really interesting, and the way they're built too. 

I loved the episode where we saw the adults's lives. That daily happiness dose is a common concept among dystopia but it was shown in a very interesting way. 

It seems that adults have almost endless lives, as if, in the past, they found a way for immortality through that weird heart. They seem to be something akin to cyborgs, with just an artificial heart that works with magma.

It obviously means that the children are not born from natural means, and we've got enough hints of that. They might be more humans though; in a way that they haven't be "purified" by magma so that their life won't last forever. Or have they been modified in a way that they die once their body reach a certain maturity? So far, we can only speculate. 

Concerning Zero Two, I can't get my head around it. There are too many possibilities. 

Or maybe she was one of the first modified bodies, and they used Klaxosaur blood for her instead of whatever else they used after. And she's the only one so far that has survived. But she needs to be constrained by her head-circlet (no idea what it's named in English honestly), just like the doctor has some extra stuff on himself. And now that it has been breached because of Ichigo, she starts transforming...

As for the klaxosaurs themselves, I do like a lot the fact that, in earth's perspective, they're the good guys, and humans are the ones hurting earth, taking out all that magma. That said, it's so weird how they are a mix of animal-shaped things, with blood, and yet they look like robots. That's quite original.

I'm really looking forward to the kids's reaction once they learn of it.

• Tokoya likes this

#18 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

So, ep. 14 was the worst of the series so far. 

There has been so many good ones (I loved the 13th), but in the latest one, the drama was awful. 

Situations like in a soap opera or something. 

Ichigo being extremely selfish (which is what she reproaches to Zero Two) and unable to take into account Hiro's feelings. 

The ending was so wrong. 

In the current state of things, Ichigo is leading Hiro to his death. He can't pilot with anyone but Zero Two, so he's useless as a pilot without her. Back to the beginning... 

Please, make the drama stop soon... I don't want this series to ruined because of it. 

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

Ichigo made this episode frustrating as hell
  • azer_moli likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,646 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

Four episodes in and even though I barely watch mecha anime I feel like I've seen this story so many times already. I already downloaded 14 episodes and it's part of the clubhouse so I'll continue, but I hope it gets a bit more exciting soon!

EDIT: On episode 7. It's not for me. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users