#121 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

Chapter 63

I hope this gets picked up for an anime series in a year or two because I would love to see all this animated.

This chapter was just prep for the battles against the Lord Tensens but was still good nonetheless. 

#122 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:33 PM

Chapter 67

This version of Lord Tensen turns out to be too difficult to fight so Gabi has to go into hollow mode to defeat him, even if that risks him losing his sanity.

All this so he can get back to his wife. Gosh, I love soft Gabimaru  :aww:

#123 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

Chapter 73

Ok, this battle with big sword guy and Fuchi is funny, lol.

#124 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

Chapter 76

Interesting developments since last I posted but really do look forward to Choube, Fuchi, Gantetsusai, and Toma's fighting together to face off against Ju Fa and and Tao Fa. 

#125 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:09 PM

Chapter 80

First, gotta say that I loved the conclusion to the battle against Ju Fa and Tao Fa. The group of Gantetsusai, Chobe, Toma, and Fuchi is hilarious together, and Chobe finally letting his brother go and acknowledging that he is fine on his own was so  :aww: Even though the Ju Fa and Tao Fa relationship is quite incestuous, it was nice to see them together in the end. 

One question I always had about Jigokuraku was how the story would progress after the whole island bit, and I think this latest chapter sets the stage for a bigger threat of the Tensen as now they're going for world domination, starting with Japan.

It's a shame that people sleep on this series since I think it's easily one of the best out there right now. 

#126 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:39 AM

Man, it's been some months since I last commented on this thread

Before I comment more on Day 3 - Nighttime, I'll just post some links to 2 more of my Chinese Myth posts from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.c...nese_myth_pt_5/

https://www.reddit.c...ture_and_other/

So, the 3rd Night is straight onto a nighttime raid on the Hourai zone's inner compound. Sadly, the nature of this work beckons that a pure stealth approach is impossible, hence head-to-head confrontations. What's even more sad is that the elemental system of the Tao is here to put our group at a disadvantage, but that's what keeps things exciting

Yuzuriha with her superfluous motivations never came across to me as someone who'll make it through the end, but I didn't think she'll bow out so soon. That saddens me

I was certainly surprised that all our human combatants against the Ju Fa/Tao Fa duo lived. That doesn't bring me much joy though, because it just means that Zhu Jin is much more likely to kill Shion and/or Nurugai. I like those two very much, darn it, and the teaser from Ch 80 is not helping.

One question I always had about Jigokuraku was how the story would progress after the whole island bit, and I think this latest chapter sets the stage for a bigger threat of the Tensen as now they're going for world domination, starting with Japan.
I don't know, something about Gui Fa's explanation stinks. It's contradictory

True, his explanation on Rien's eventual intent to sap the lives of everyone in Japan is consistent with what he already told Choubee, right now his focus should be on the supposed Rite of Just Consumption. It's the whole reason why they were insistent on splitting the group over to their respective Sanctums and face them head-on.

While the mechanics of the Rite were never fully elaborated, you would think that until it's actually completed Rien will keep his attention on the situation on the island

Which makes me think: Rien will sail to the mainland for sure, but Gui Fa might actually be exaggerating the urgency of when the voyage will happen. Almost like he wants Sagiri to fight him

So rather than "this manga will take the fight with the Tensen to the mainland", the signal I'm getting feels more like "conflict is inevitable, so come at me".

What can they do though? Sagiri (Wood) and Mei (Water) are useless against Gui Fa (Metal). They would need Gabimaru (Fire), or a great fire to burn him

---

Convoy 1: 8/20 + 1

Tensen: 3/7

With only a few Tensen left, what's Shugen's party going to do when they arrive? They will clash with Convoy 1 no doubt, but can they at least do something about the Tensen too?

What's more, if the butterflies have already been loaded onto the ship(s), it suggest that the group will have no choice but to burn them all to keep them from reaching Japan. Which also means burning away their only escape route from the island (the only one they know of anyway). How will they manage after that?

And we still don't know if Grandmaster Xu Fu is actually still alive. And we still have to resolve the subplot with Gabimaru's village

What's more, if the butterflies have already been loaded onto the ship(s), it suggest that the group will have no choice but to burn them all to keep them from reaching Japan. Meaning

• Fenrix likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#127 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:23 AM

Chapter 81

https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1006082

Ugh, I'm already preparing to mourn Shion, which is an absolute shame

I'm guessing Gabimaru will join Sagiri for the battle against Gui Fa. I would appreciate that a lot, it's been too long since the two of them fought together

• Fenrix likes this

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#128 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, I'll definitely be sad when Shion dies. I won't only be sad for Nurugai but also Sagiri  :cry:

What's the status of everyone?

They've defeated 3 Tensens right? 

Edited by Fenrix, 07 January 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#129 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Chapter 85

That Nurugai and Shion panel tho  :aww:  :cry:

At long last, Shugen finally joins the fray. Will he be friend or foe? Can't wait to find out. 

#130 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:50 AM

Catching up and these last two chapters were great! I forever stan the group of Toma, Chobe, Gantetsusai and Fuchi, lol.

Shion swearing to be Nurugai's protector was really sweet and we got a little glimpse into how Gabimaru was chosen as the Gabimaru of Iwakagure.

Finally, our little Gabi has a Yandere stalker, lol.

#131 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

Chapter 90: #MANGA_Plus Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku https://jumpg-webapi...pter_id=1006468

Shame on anyone who isn't following Jigokuraku yet. This story is amazing and deserves way more attention than it's getting now. Finally, the island asaemons have to fight the other asaemons led by Shu. Shu is so interesting. He seems to be sweet and compassionate but super psychotic if anything violates his image of justice or virtue. Fuchi and Gantetsusai definitely got the short end of the stick when it comes to matchups.

Also, is it just me or did it really seem like Fuchi was caught cheating with another mistress when Shu confronted him, lol?

#132 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

Chapter 91: #MANGA_Plus Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku https://jumpg-webapi...pter_id=1006469

*sad noise*

Edited by Fenrix, 22 March 2020 - 05:50 PM.

#133 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:59 AM

Been a while since I last commented

I'm so glad that Shion is still alive and here with us, thank you Nurugai

Interesting that as soon as he learnt that the others have failed, Gui Fa gave up all semblance of opposition

---

And so Shugen's group is here. For what it's worth, I like that it's a proper three-way confrontation between them, Sagiri's group and the Tensen forces

I'm definitely amused that Rien is susceptible to dirty play, what with being distracted by precious cargo that he could ill afford to lose

Although, while the focus is mainly on humans vs humans, the Tensen still has Rien, Gui Fa and a recovering Zhu Jin. They are going to strike back hard soon

I appreciate his earnestness, but I'm really getting tired of Shugen

What are the odds that Gantetsusai decided to shield Fuchi, and in doing so completely screws with Shugen's monochrome moral compass?

With the prototype elixir captured, how are they going to defend the felons now? I can't believe I would love to see the Tensen throw more chaos onto the battlefield right now...

• Fenrix likes this

#134 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:30 AM

It may be just me, but Shugens character seems rather bland and designed solely to be the exact opposite of Gabimaru in terms of character traits (trying to take in everything he sees vs. trying to shut everything out) while being his peer when it comes to abilities. One thinking of himself as righteous and just when he is, in fact, doing the very thing he so condemns (i.e. killing those deemed evil by people other than himself) , the other being thought of as a mere puppet without feelings when he actually is very sensitive and won't abide by any morality other than his own.

One thing is sure, though: One of those won't leave the island alive.

As for Gantetsusai and Fuchi, one of the two is going down in that fight and I'm inclined to think that may be Fuchi after repeatedly defending his 'criminal', simply because this would shake Shugen way more than anything Gan could do.

• Fenrix likes this

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jagaaaaan, We never learn!, Jigokuraku, Arslan Senki, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#135 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 02:09 PM

Chapter 93: #MANGA_Plus Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku https://jumpg-webapi...pter_id=1006598

Lol, Ginkakubo and Kinkaubo were kinda funny when calling Gabi the "revered current Gabimaru" and meekly accepting Gabi's constructive criticism, lol.

Gabimaru could care less about these noobs attacking him but how cool was he in this chapter :aww:

Also, when did he get those markings on his face :huh:

Edited by Fenrix, 05 April 2020 - 02:09 PM.

#136 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:26 PM

Also, when did he get those markings on his face

Probably when he tried to heal himself using those vibes during the fight with Yuzuriha against their Lord Tensen, entering a state similar to that of the older brother. And those markings show how far he's gone, growing whenever he becomes more like the Tensen.

• Fenrix likes this

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jagaaaaan, We never learn!, Jigokuraku, Arslan Senki, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#137 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:01 AM

Well, as hoped, the Tensen threw more chaos onto the battlefield. And Shugen's group is already starting to get a taste of the island's true terror

And looks like we're finally going to find out what Rien's deal is

What now though? Not only do the escape vessels still house all those butterfly larvaes, but they're blocked by two troublesome fighters

#138 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Chapter 96 has been released. And it looks like Fuichi did indeed take the bullet for Gantetsusai, although without being able to show Shu just why he has chosen to do that. Gabimaru seems to struggle more and more to not become a flower and it doesn't really look like he's succeeding.

• Fenrix likes this

currently reading:

and a lot more

#139 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:59 PM

Aww man, RIP Fuchi.

I just want my convicts and asaemon friends to survive until the end. Or at least give me the reunion between Gabi and Sagiri.

Edited by Fenrix, 05 May 2020 - 12:00 AM.

#140 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:23 PM

Chapter 97

Oooh, all my faves are coming together huehuehue. 

• Abu Dun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users