93 replies to this topic

#1 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

Jaimini's scan

Edit: Goddamn OMF, my heart was as strong as Whitebeard's for a while. What happened to the database or whatever? I thought we would move on to 4.0

Edited by Fulmine, 02 February 2018 - 11:36 AM.

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#2 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

How in the hell Luffy still been able to stand???This is getting abit too silly

• Petite Fleur likes this

#3 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

Jaimini's scan

Edit: Goddamn OMF, my heart was as strong as Whitebeard's for a while. What happened to the database or whatever? I thought we would move on to 4.0

Looks like we made it though lol. 

I liked this chapter a good deal. and to adress how luffy is able to stand, I mean, we saw what Doflamingo kept getting up from so I feel as though Luffy is at a point where he can indeed just take a continuous beating and it will really just need some kind of massive blow to knock him out given how fast people like him heal up. 

• denimdragon likes this

#4 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Tbf this is the guy who somehow beat Crocodile and Lucci after getting beaten down by them numerous times (practically killed twice in Crocodile's case). When Luffy wills it, he's invincible. Doesn't matter who the opponent is. When Luffy wants to win, he'll win.

Edited by DrugzRule, 02 February 2018 - 11:56 AM.

• Kazekage, Scorpion2k4u, denimdragon and 2 others like this

#5 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Oda take us back to Sanji or BM or Garp or something, this fight is getting more and more ridiculous!

Or at least make an homage to Kubo and make us Aizen-like character, so that we can get proper 'battle of reiatsus' fight.

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

Come on, he will-powered through Croc's poison hook, got pierced through stomach by Lucci's Zoan form's finger (in his Zoan form his finger is huge) and was fine, also got hit by Kizaru's laser and Akainu's magma in MFWar. Luffy's endurance is insane.

Looks like we made it though lol.

Plot-armor :lolxg:

I think the main point of this chapter is character development for Katakuri as well as Oda's wanting to convey something through Flambe's character (I can't really say it's something deep, or maybe it is but I'm too stupid to figure out Oda's genius, but Flambe's personality is awfully familiar :lol:. Cause that type of shit appears a lot in fiction LOL)

Is that Katakuri's CoC? Or Luffy just did that to clear the battleground? There's black color so I guess it's like vs DD, Katakuri indeed has CoC.

I don't understand though. Oda could have done all this without making Luffy seriously injured, like Katakuri stopped mid-way asking why Luffy was slow suddenly then Flambe and co talked a bit loud in reaction ''just keep attacking him big brother'', and we would have the same fair play from Katakuri. That way Oda can keep both Katakuri's power level hype (well, he has proven himself so it's not just hype) AND make Luffy's win believable (for those who don't think it is, anw) because Katakuri's spear-through-the-gut would be a nice excuse.

Instead he made Luffy's badly injured anw, then suffered a bunch of pounding...next chapter will Katakuri stay put and let Luffy Elephant Gattling himself to pay back that, too?

Or is Oda doing this Saint Seiya style, pushing Luffy to the limit so that his cosmo burns brighter than ever, surpassing the Gold Saints? :rolleyes: It's the ''when you survive the hardest battle and recover, you will be reborn as something completely new'' sort of thing? What's the expression? Butterfly emerge from cocoon?

• Raiden and denimdragon like this

#7 EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationFollowing Strawhats

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Dogtooth for NN. They both used conqueror's haki to knock out everyone else, right? It looks cool.

#8 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Plot-armor :lolxg:

I mean we  are all the protagonists of our own stories...  :lolxg:

#9 Kolfer

Kolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Nice chapter, I like how the battle evolved even if it feels like a short chap.

Flambée is the worst annoying kind of character there can be in any find of fiction. She has that condescending tone that actually projects her own lame personality. Worst type of personality in my book :P

• Raiden likes this

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Wait, is that implication Katakuri is half fishman? Like Dellinger. Jack is also very human-like for a fishman (if he is).

First Pudding, now Katakuri. I guess it's not surprising when even the mother, BM, doesn't give a fuck and called Katakuri ''lowly child of mine''. You would have thought being kids of a strong pirate (or maybe BM wasn't as strong back then which is totally probable) and possibly a special-in-some-way father (to be picked by BM) would make you not bullying target but...

And was that on Tottoland? How old is Tottoland? The Pudding one probably happened when Tottoland was already made. So much for a country where all races can live together...what's next? Minks are bullied because too much fur?

• Raiden likes this

#11 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Decent chapter, I really liked how Katakuri shows he was honourable in his own way.

Also surprised to see him use CoC.

Though Flambe was the worst part of the chapter, I dunno why Oda even bothered introducing her.

She is just irrelevant and a waste of panel time, imo the fight could have progressed a lot faster without her lame presence.
  • denimdragon likes this

#12 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Luffy and Kata's CoC was so strong it knocked out OMF.

Damn, Katakuri just became one of the best antagonists ever. Just when I thought Oda couldn't top DD as best villain, this guy shows up to snatch that crown. 

I mean, stabbing himself just to make the fight even with Luffy and showing off his face after being ashamed of it for so long? Go Kata!  Go die in a ditch, Flambe, we are the new Katakuri fan club! 

If Oda wants to give Luffy his own Whitebeard then Katakuri is the perfect contender for that title. :D 

• Raiden and Ajh77 like this

#13 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Decent chapter, Katakuri using the conqueror haki alongside Luffy looked so fucking badass. Flambe can say whatever she wants, this guy is cool and badass.

Luffy learning how to use observation Haki or was he just falling? Not sure about it, either way Oda made a decent job slowly developping it.

@Kazekage for a moment, I thought your username was Katakuri lol

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#14 Enoa

Enoa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

I mean, stabbing himself just to make the fight even with Luffy and showing off his face after being ashamed of it for so long?

Didn't something like this happen in one piece before? Or am i mixing things up?

I mean the "making the fight even again" part.

Edited by Enoa, 02 February 2018 - 01:36 PM.

#15 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

You could ask the same question during Alabasta, Ennis Lobby, Thriller Bark, Impel Down and Marineford. Luffy's superhuman will power and ability to survive extreme conditions and injuries have been a staple of the manga for a long time.  It's just that it's been  a while since we last saw Luffy has been pushed to the extreme.  

Dogtooth for NN. They both used conqueror's haki to knock out everyone else, right? It looks cool.

Yeah, definitely. 

You can see two 'bubbles' emerging from them and the point where they intersect is what's creating that black current. 

Spoiler

It looks like even rocks were sent flying by that blast. 

#16 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Though Flambe was the worst part of the chapter, I dunno why Oda even bothered introducing her.

She is just irrelevant and a waste of panel time, imo the fight could have progressed a lot faster without her lame presence.

Because One Piece was never about just the fight. There are characters, their development, world-building and of course Oda's want to add more meat. Frankly I think as long as Oda cuts out the needless scene switching that updates info every few chapter, he's nearly all good even though One Piece is still long

• Raiden, Tale and denimdragon like this

#17 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,731 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

I don't get it. The amount of damage katakuri has, has to be far less then luffys yet both are on the same level. Odas writing is getting worse.

Also what kind of shit family is this?
"Ehh my brother is disabled what a disgusting being"

Anyway this chapter was really short no story progression at all.

I hope oda ends it with the next chapter.

Note: the name of this chapter makes you suspicious Oda! Better safe than sorry right odacchi?

Edited by Enbima, 02 February 2018 - 02:03 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#18 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

Katakuri is actually the better man here. With all the breaks and lucky escapes Luffy has gotten (and him being okay with cheating and all), he even went so far as to seriously injure himself just because of Flambe's interference and he also revealed the thing he was most ashamed of to stop them from laughing at Luffy. How far can respect for an opponent go?

• Madara D Dragon and Chillman like this

#19 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

Luffy and Kata's CoC was so strong it knocked out OMF.

You killed me.. xD

I agree, I'd be fine if Katakuri takes up the mantle of Yonkou when BM ends up being replaced.

PK: Luffy
Y1: Kidd
Y2: Law
Y3: Katakuri
Y4: Marco? Or am I looking over someone?

I liked the chapter, but I felt as if it was too focused on this one development while the story on the SH-side is reaching the climax.

#20 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

I don't get it. The amount of damage katakuri has, has to be far less then luffys yet both are on the same level. Odas writing is getting worse.

Also what kind of shit family is this?
"Ehh my brother is disabled what a disgusting being"

Anyway this chapter was really short no story progression at all.

I hope oda ends it with the next chapter.

Note: the name of this chapter makes you suspicious Oda! Better safe than sorry right odacchi?

They aren't even because of the damage. They're even because the amount of damage luffy got because of third party is the same as katakuri.
It wouldn't be even if katakuri hurt himself to the point where luffy is.

Loved the chapter, I like how luffy has been evolving during the fight.
I would just like oda to explain. I get it, luffy has a shit ton of will power so he gets up. But he has been constantly been very seriously hurt for hours now.

He can barely stand up, he should not win this fight imo. I can't see a single way luffy can win. I know it'll most likely only take one hit to beat katakuri but still... He should not be able to go g4.
  • Raiden and Grimmjagger like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users