Spoiler

#2 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

When reading the spoilers I thought Snakeman might be an alternate version of G4 that is more CoO focused in the same way that Boundman is CoA focused but it seems he still clads himself on CoA. I'm just glad we're focusing on the fight a lot more, I just want to see how it ends and how the SH's escape Totland.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#3 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:15 AM

Well one big upside this chapter represents. Sanji will get a fight as well!

Although i am very confused as to how Sanji will be able to fight them all. I mean i would understand if he were to fight Snack + Oven but them having that much support there seems a bit much for Sanji to take on.

Then again Snack was already defeated by Urouge, implying that he, when his bounty is put into consideration too, is significantly weaker than Kata. But him teaming up with Oven, who seems to be a powerhouse as well kind of makes up for that. 

BTW Ray-san manifested that there are different versions of CoO as well. He said that Luffy is able to sense living things, which he hints that that CoO variation is able to predict the future, we know though that there is also a CoO that can read unliving things (rocks etc) with the example of Zoro using it vs Mr.1 and Fuji predicting lightning. I wonder what the speciality of that CoO might  be.

Edited by capu, 08 February 2018 - 02:18 AM.

#4 bp.luffy.gr

bp.luffy.gr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

I really hope Sanji fight the Charlotte Family as he fought the 100 NewKamaKenpo Masters. I really hope it will play a role here...
Anyway The first two pages- flashback was fun to read. And there is the hidden joke in page 16,
K:Are you ... L: Ah that's  right.. K: finished already? 
Lufffy trolling Katakuri like he trolled him before.. haha

• denimdragon likes this

#5 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:24 AM

Although i am very confused as to how Sanji will be able to fight them all. I mean i would understand if he were to fight Snack + Oven but them having that much support there seems a bit much for Sanji to take on.

Then again Snack was already defeated by Urouge, implying that he, when his bounty is put into consideration too, is significantly weaker than Kata. But him teaming up with Oven, who seems to be a powerhouse as well kind of makes up for that. 

I really hope Sanji fight the Charlotte Family as he fought the 100 NewKamaKenpo Masters. I really hope it will play a role here...
Anyway The first two pages- flashback was fun to read. And there is the hidden joke in page 16,
K:Are you ... L: Ah that's  right.. K: finished already? 
Lufffy trolling Katakuri like he trolled him before.. haha

We still haven't seen Germa 66 play a significant role in the SH's escape so if Sanji does fight the forces on Cacao Island he could receive help from his family. I actually really hope that happens.

• denimdragon, capu and masterbio like this

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#6 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Well, that was one hell of a chapter; Rayleigh flashback! Luffy vs Katakuri! Pudding/Sanji antics! Smoothie! Bropper & Sisrabbit! Disney villain Big Mom! Commander Snack! I also like that swordsman son of Big Mom.  

We've seen Gomu Gomu No Snake shot before: https://vignette.wik...=20140630082844

So this is probably an advanced version of that. Though, with the way that attack was done it looked more like 'Gomu Gomu No Nipple Pincher'.

One interesting theory I heard is that Snakeman was probably inspired by the Snake Princess's moves during the Amazon Lily arc. So Luffy probably wanted to get his CoO up to snuff before using it. 

Smoothies ability seems to be more like a 'sponge sponge fruit' rather than a 'juice juice fruit' one we previously thought. It looks like she could squeeze the life juices of someone like a sponge, even twist her own body like a sponge to expel poison like she did during the wedding ceremony and she is growing larger by absorbing another substance like a sponge  This makes her the perfect match up for Jinbei. 

CoO having different aspects is another interesting revelation.  Luffy's is more predicated towards a person's personality. He doesn't see people as another obstacle to avoid like other CoO users probably do.  Meanwhile, Sanji's is directed towards the hearts of ladies and I am pretty sure Zoro has terrible CoO due to his terrible sense of direction so it's attuned to the location of his swords and maybe discerning the strength of his opponents. 

• Raiden, capu and Chillman like this

#7 emirua

emirua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Big Mom looks really old in her current state. Her iron defense shouldn't be unbreakable anymore.

I still doubt Sanji is getting a fight.. he'll probably use some of the mirrors thrown into the sea to retrieve Luffy or trick everyone with an unseen plan as he usually does..or Germa66 will do the fight for him..

Smoothie is finally doing something!!! not very effective tho.. I wonder if her enlargement is due to her devil fruit or her race. Cause I don't see any relation between juice and becoming a giant.

Luffy is finally ending this! Great! The only thing left is Caesar and Germa66 making a final appearance

Edited by emirua, 08 February 2018 - 03:33 AM.

#8 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:32 AM

BTW Ray-san manifested that there are different versions of CoO as well. He said that Luffy is able to sense living things, which he hints that that CoO variation is able to predict the future, we know though that there is also a CoO that can read unliving things (rocks etc) with the example of Zoro using it vs Mr.1 and Fuji predicting lightning. I wonder what the speciality of that CoO might  be.

Well, this is Sanji, so there might be another Mr. Prince moment.  The Germa are headed there as well. 

#9 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

BTW Ray-san manifested that there are different versions of CoO as well. He said that Luffy is able to sense living things, which he hints that that CoO variation is able to predict the future, we know though that there is also a CoO that can read unliving things (rocks etc) with the example of Zoro using it vs Mr.1 and Fuji predicting lightning. I wonder what the speciality of that CoO might be.

Most likely Jimbei and/or Capone will help Sanji out. If Sanji has to fight multiple opponents.

Anyone know what the deal is Smoothie going giant sized? It doesn't seem to that an impressive of an ability or power tbh.

I dunno why Oda felt the need to introduce all those random kids of BM's at this late point in the arc for. I personally don't give a crap about these irrelevant nobodies tbh.

Not sure why is breaking out Snake Man move out during the closing stages of his battle with Katakuri now.

If he has such a powerful move in his arsenal, why the hell hasn't used it earlier on the fight? Let alone use it against the previous fights with Doffy or Cracker either.

It would have made more sense imo if used Luffy this Snake Man move during the beginning stages of this fight, when he was less injured and tired and more fresh. Rather than a last gasp desperado move.

Edited by Baks, 08 February 2018 - 04:10 AM.

#10 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:10 AM

Wtf katakuri is trembling...
Oda stop your bs writing!
  • Kaidou, D.Hyuga and durra072 like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:10 AM

This chapter was really good. We went through 4 hours of the story just like that. Oda does not stop impressing me.

Sanji vs all those guys?.. just oven and snack please.
It's a good opportunity for g66 to show up and help.

Did luffy just go "ah.. yeah, that's right" as if he forgot he had snakeman in his arsenal.
Maybe he just invented it. Given that he probably can't use bounce man because of the hole on his belly, snakeman will most likely be focused on his limbs. Kind of like culverin.

Snack was introduced. Kind of. We he's alive, we know his bounty and we know he won't underestimate the worst generation bit we still don't know how he looks.

Smoothie a giant and throwing long distance juice attacks. What is your fruit? Is Oda doing the same he did with viola, where the powers and attacks do not represent the df at all.

Did that jelly just ask smoothie who was she pretending to be now. Insinuating that there will be more plot centered around her and her (fake) multiple personality disorder.

#12 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:12 AM

We still haven't seen Germa 66 play a significant role in the SH's escape so if Sanji does fight the forces on Cacao Island he could receive help from his family. I actually really hope that happens.

Yes i would like Germa appearing too but only if Sanji does fight Snack+X(Oven or entire Snack fleet). Him fighting only Snack would not be enough imo, since even though Sanji is "only" #3 SH, Snack was already defeated by Urouge who should be significantly weaker than Law, Kidd, Luffy, as such i deem him a bit weaker than Sanji as well, since all of M3 were trained by NW veterans. But that might simply be my personal when it comes to SN power-relations.  

All depends on Ovens bounty though. I mean if he too is between 550-600 mill then Oven teaming up with Snack vs Sanji would be too much for Sanji. But Oven being 375-450 mill when teaming up with Snack vs Sanji would still sound reasonable in my eyes, if Sanji just barely manages to do the task that is.

Thing is i would really like Sanji to be awesome and surprise us with his true power, i have been so disappointed in him since TS that i really wish for him to make up for it, by being awesome.

Most likely Jimbei and/or Capone will help Sanji out.
Doubtful since the entire purpose of Bege leading BM away is for the SHs to get the fightsthey need and for them to be able to flee during/after that.  Jinbei should not be able to help Sanji out eiher since someone needs to fight Smoothie and i cant see anyone better suited for that task then Jinbei+Brook.

I dunno why Oda felt the need to introduce all those random kids of BM's at this laqte point in the arc for. I personally don't give a crap about these irrelevant nobodies tbh.
Possibly to hype them as possible Germa opponents?

Not sure why is breaking out Snake Man move out during the closing stages of his power Katakuri now.
Same here. But if Snack mans attacks move i.e. at random then it might be possible that Katakuri aint being able to predict the future anymore since as soon as he counteracts a forseen future snackman already does move differently, since the time Katakuri took to predict might already be enough for Snackman to be somewhere else randomly thus having changed to future already?

#13 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:28 AM

Luffy was saving Snake Man for Boa but decided that Katakuri has earned it too.

Smoothie a giant and throwing long distance juice attacks. What is your fruit? Is Oda doing the same he did with viola, where the powers and attacks do not represent the df at all.

Did that jelly just ask smoothie who was she pretending to be now. Insinuating that there will be more plot centered around her and her (fake) multiple personality disorder.

I am guessing Smoothie has the Sponge-Sponge Fruit and not the Juice-Juice fruit like we thought. 

And Viola's fruit has the Japanese onomatopoeia for staring.  The translators went with goggle instead but it's more like she has 'eye powers'.  So weaponized tears fit in with her 'eye powers' theme. It's about as out there as Croc's drying ability and shows Viola's experience with her fruit. 

• Tale likes this

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,214 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

Wow, that's a literally OUT-STAND-ing chapter by One Piece's standard! It's the usual Oda's scene-switching writing but this time each scene actually has crucial/curious enough information (for me anw) that justifies its existence as opposed to the useless, next-to-nothing ''this group is still running'' updates in Dresrosa arc. So let see:

1. Rayleigh flashback scene

-CoO is confirmed to have subdivisions (not something new and totally deducible but at least now Oda officially used Rayleigh's mouth to tell us that and Rayleigh is an expert so the credibility is 99.9999% true). So now when evaluating CoO we have to consider different aspects, as far as I can remember there are:

• Accuracy
  • Range
  • Further-ness degree (as in how far into the future you can predict/see)
  • Voice (Mantra)
  • Aura
  • Feeling
  • Strength/power level

The first three are obvious stats anyone should have. The last 4 are the different types of input CoO has been described to receive/perceive (though power level may just be what aura gives off but so far only Rayleigh outright said he used CoO to know that. And maybe Luffy).

Depends on how the character describes his CoO there can be subtle difference in the way he/she senses things and what is sensed.

-Luffy saw Katakuri's shape in his mind when closing his eyes. This may be similar to what Usopp and Fujitora used.

2. Bege ship scene

-Notify us readers there's a change in plan.

-The map of part of Tottoland

-Prometheus is slow in that size

Overall the most boring scene since none of the new info is interesting but admittedly still necessary (if Oda didn't do it now he would have to later anw) so passed.

3. Sunny scene

-Smoothie can do air slash (finally, she did something LOL)

-She can grow in size which means her DF probably isn't just about squeezing juice but also absorbing it.

4. Sanji+Pudding scene

-Sanji's words hype that he will finally get a fight (I suppose not alone but still) with an army of BM pirates around the mirror to save Luffy.

Has the least info out of this chapter's scenes but as a Sanji fan I'm content if Oda delivers that fight

5. Mirror scene

-A bunch of Charlotte kids' appearance and names.

-Finally, SNACK! This makes this scene more intresting than Bege ship scene. So Snack's bounty is lower than Perospero's despite being a Sweet Commander LOL. So much for bounty represents strength or Sweet Commanders are the top 3 (take 1).

6. Final scene

-G4 has another form. Snake probably means this time Luffy won't go head-on, mano-to-mano brawling style but will use his improved CoO and dodge flexibly like a snake.

Luffy fought Katakuri for more than 3 hours this time in G2/3 thanks to his signature massive endurance and improving CoO. This means if they have a rematch when both are healthy and Luffy goes G4 then Katakuri is screwed.

It's about as out there as Croc's drying ability

Sand does absorb water so I wouldn't say it's a stretch

Wtf katakuri is trembling...
Oda stop your bs writing!

Not BS. Because we never know Katakuri's endurance.

• Raiden, Phenomiracle, dbgetblack and 3 others like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#15 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

Accuracy
Range
Further-ness degree (as in how far into the future you can predict/see)
Voice (Mantra)
Aura
Feeling

Strength/power level

I think the bolded ones could be classified as perceiving. Since when Ray-san described CoO in the training with Luffy he actually called reading ones intention to be called Mantra in Skypia, thus he actually equalized/described both as being the same thing. Moreover i think the strength reading is also based on the aura reading. Thus would not really put it seperately.

Prometheus is slow in that size

I think his "slowness" has less to do with his very own size but with BM being "winded/slimmed" because of hunger, but the chapter translation goes more into what u say. Thing is in previous chapters with the cannons, a "misbehave" of the cannons was descibed as the result of BM not being in her right state of mind, thus applying that to current BM i think she now is in a state that even her own soul splitters (prometheus, zeus and napoleon) are to be affected (in prometheus' cases being slowed) as well.

-Finally, SNACK! This makes this scene more intresting than Bege ship scene. So Snack's bounty is lower than Perospero's despite being a Sweet Commander LOL. So much for bounty represents strength or Sweet Commanders are the top 3 (take 1).

It could very well  be that once any commander is defeated by someone (including family members) they loose their title, which would mean that Snack could still be more powerful than Peros, if he was the one defeating Peros and by that taking his title. Could also be that another commander (i.e. Smoothie or Kata) defeated Peros thus claiming his position. I mean despite Snack having been commander and still living he no longer is considered such , which i believeis based on the rules the commanders are named/chosen by.

Also with Peros being the first son, he simply had more time to make himself known to the world, thus getting a higher bounty than Snack. That would inconsequence mean that simply because of higher bounty  he still does not need to be more powerful overall.  

Edited by capu, 08 February 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#16 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:43 AM

Well if the spoilers were right i shouldnt have much to say that hasnt been said.

Tonta cover arc, losten i dont care about this arc, but werent they pirates before? Now they are escorts? You cant have pirates escort you...

Oh thank god a 3 page flashback...... telling us literally nothing we didnt already know....

"Depends what kind if person" i really hate luffy. I dont think i say this enough but he is nearly as bad as sanji. Usually i write it off as a bad translation, but i sincerely hate half the things he says. From a brain dead poibt of ciew luffy is correct, it does depend on the persin, friend or foe, strong or weak, but if that is really how he ment it, how the hell didnt rey ever think of that?!?
Luffy "depends on the guy, if he is weak sauce i will totaly steam roll him"
Rey "I never thought of that!!!!"
Moron...

First hit luffy landed on dogtooth(aside from when he wasnt concentrated)..... just like that? I thought we would get some build up or something. Very quiet for a showen fight.

Capone is right, he shouldnt be protecting nami......chifferon isnt the captain dont listen to her..... also, what?! No assassin plan anymore? Losers.

Smoothie isnt as bug as i thought. I should of known she wouls use the sword. When ever oda gives a character stuff like that they use it. I am honestly just surprised smoothie did anything period. And apperently this juice fruit allows her to grow and extend her sword?

Also smoothie... i wouldnt call it tanicous as much as i would call it good at moving slightly to the left.

I am starting to think luffy already has emperor level durability.... i would like to see wb take all these attacks...

Sanji "i will save my captain, after i am the sole reason he is in this mess and i have already tried to kill him"

Also, you can see out of the mirrors, luffy isnt stupid.... he will see the whole squad of enemies....

Snacks is..... well judging by the "etc" you can see oda has long since thrown in the towel and stopped caring. He is thinking to himself "why 130.... i should of made it a more reasonable 20....then the fans would actually care..."

Also, what the hell does oven mean "you have nothing better to do" is this really all the bm crew does all day?

So snacks has a lower bounty then peros? Did he lose bounty with his defeat also? Or did peros get defeated and also demoted from sweet commander? Or..... or is peros the BB of the BM crew. Never taking a formal leadership position, biding his time until he can kill bm and take over her crew, he will become "Big Brother" the feared emperor who has survalience all over the nw...... no that is lame..... but some how not as lame as bm....

You know. Speaking of oven... with all the talk about how dogtooth is perfect. Oven is preparing alot of men to get luffy. Out of all the times for enemies to be overconfident, this is the most forgivable. It is almost as if pda noticed the bm crew is incompetent
Bm crew "incompetent?! We will show you incomptent! We will assemble the entire crew incase the 500m bounty who bearly beat crackers with help, is able to defeat our 1 billion bounty undefeated brother"

Also i am 90% sure snake man will just be g4 with snake cosmetic haki tatoos.....

The other 10% it is probably just a much skinnier g4.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,214 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

I think the bolded ones could be classified as perceiving. Since when Ray-san described CoO in the training with Luffy he actually called reading ones intention to be called Mantra in Skypia, thus he actually equalized/described both as being the same thing. Moreover i think the strength reading is also based on the aura reading. Thus would not really put it seperately.

Did you bold ''feeling'' accidentally?

No, Rayleigh said CoO is also called Mantra. The whole thing, not the subdivision.

The rest is already addressed in my post. Read it!

I think his "slowness" has less to do with his very own size but with BM being "winded/slimmed" because of hunger, but the chapter translation goes more into what u say. Thing is in previous chapters with the cannons, a "misbehave" of the cannons was descibed as the result of BM not being in her right state of mind, thus applying that to current BM i think she now is in a state that even her own soul splitters (prometheus, zeus and napoleon) are to be affected (in prometheus' cases being slowed) as well.

Yeah, I just noted down as it is told in the manga. I even indirectly said they didn't have to be true.

It could very well be that once any commander is defeated by someone (including family members) they loose their title, which would mean that Snack could still be more powerful than Peros, if he was the one defeating Peros and by that taking his title. Could also be that another commander (i.e. Smoothie or Kata) defeated Peros thus claiming his position. I mean despite Snack having been commander and still living he no longer is considered such , which i believeis based on the rules the commanders are named/chosen by.

Uh huh, I know.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#18 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

Luffy saying that it depends on the other person personality allows different interpretations.

Is he saying that this influences is haki use. If yes and we go back to the thought that katakuri is training luffy then there isn't much killing intent behind katas attacks making luffy predictions harder. Even if not, kata can be a simply a sociopath and every attack going for the kill might just not transmit that intent to kill.
If he's saying that depending on his personality he will find a new form more adaptable to defeat his opponents it explains why he always starts with bounce man to push them to their limit and reading them under stressful situations and later uses a g4 form that basically one shots his opponents.
DD and Cracker had this fate. Will katakuri suffer the same fate?

#19 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:26 AM

Just noticed that you cant even see whats infront of the sunny. how is this ship even steerable?lol

-Smoothie can do air slash (finally, she did something LOL)
I guess its more of a water slash since her sword is wet.

Not BS. Because we never know Katakuri's endurance.
it is. You cant let luffy fight 2 big foes, a big army and some warriors within 24-48 hours and let him win in the end.

Strong people are fighting for days and luffy wins within a few hours while being weaker in most aspects. yes thats bs.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#20 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:34 AM

I highly doubt that Snakeman is going to defeat Kata easily... Are the eye(haki) tats the same as boundman?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users