• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

Omg just realised this:

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/894/page/8

"Grilles Mochi"

Katakuri using fire/heat as well???

I wonder whether he is able to use other elements as well?

#23 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

So Smoothie has "Sponge sponge" DF powers, making her Sponge human?

• Enbima, Abaroxa and Tale like this

#24 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

we know though that there is also a CoO that can read unliving things (rocks etc) with the example of Zoro using it vs Mr.1

SMH. Why would you bring this into the conversation, unless of course it was as joke?. Was it a joke?,

Edited by tenchu, 08 February 2018 - 08:48 AM.

24gvaiu.jpg

#25 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

So Smoothie has "Sponge sponge" DF powers, making her Sponge human?

nice didn't think of that!

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#26 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

I think we are headed for the climax of Luffy / Dogtooth, about stinking time. Well than I think in a chapter or two it will be over.

Now the cake delivery I think Ciffon she is not going to let Bege just leave the Strawhats out to dry here, but Bege like all of yours knows they will be fine anyway. Big Mom she is not even human anymore.

No Brock she is not a giant, if not we would have fewer problems with Big Mom temper.

So Sanji and Pudding are not really married? It would be interesting if they were.

So are we going to fight the whole family, looks like.

#27 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

madam Juice ,juiced up finally!!!those aesthetic tattoed legs <3 
death all over. 

#28 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

So Pudding is either 17 or 16 years old. Interesting.... :hmm:

Not really.
The decuplets might be 18 and 11 months. This allows pudding to be 18 and 1 month.
The wedding invitation was sent less than 1 month ago, for all we know this was her birthday gift.

[Oda, you are making this really difficult. I can't keep defending you. I am so close to cross the line between logic and bullsh*ting ]

#29 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

holy looooooooord, ODA didnt take break after 3 chapters! wtf is going on? the end is really here! 

#30 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

Just rered the chapter and something is off...

Look at luffys face when he takes hits. Its like those fights among the strawhats with the "comical" angry faces. No anger at all.

And Katakuri really wants him to get stronger.

:facepalm:

Edited by Enbima, 08 February 2018 - 09:45 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#31 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

can anyone confirm these two?
> the probability of Cracker is not coming back is highest now,since  a lot of Bm-children just been introduced including Snack. 
>Did Luffy hit Katakuri for first time,AFTER Katakuri regained his posture after getting smacked (post-donut eating) ?

And Katakuri really wants him to get stronger.

after reading the chapter ,it certainly feels so. weird,huh

also this time Katakuri dint stop luffy to enter in G4,he must have anticipated something ?

#32 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,041 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

it is. You cant let luffy fight 2 big foes, a big army and some warriors within 24-48 hours and let him win in the end.

You can. He got rest and his CoO is improving as we speak. It's not like he has been fighting non-stop...

And then that doesn't have anything to do with Katakuri's endurance. You don't need to be well-rounded to be strong. Katakuri could have relatively low endurance as a weakness like his brother Cracker (although he's still clearly quite decent whereas Cracker is glass canon). His other skills are more than enough to make up. The guy stabbed himself, you know and then got into a punching contest for more than 2 hours. Such weakness also isn't that unexpected or BS because Katakuri focuses on honing his CoO which lets him dodge attack, not tank/endure them. He even wondered when the last time he was hit was. Obviously it would be great if you can both dodge and endure but it's also not a must. Without endurance Katakuri is already that strong.

Strong people are fighting for days and luffy wins within a few hours

I don't see how that's relevant. Unless Oda can think of enough stuffs to fill that amount of time for other characters to do while Luffy is fighting the boss, which is extremely unlikely for obvious reasons in writing (oh, unless there's Hyperbolic Chamber in One Piece), that shit is not a factor. Those long-ass fights are just a way for Oda to tell us the two fighters involved are so dead equal they can't finish each other and that characters at that level have that kind of stamina. It doesn't mean fights between strong fighters would last that long because stamina is one thing, endurance/durability is another. Doflamingo is stronger than Ace back then for sure and yet Ace and Jinbe fought for 5 days but DD was beaten by Luffy and friends in less than 2 hours. Nothing weird. You're weaker and you get beaten...

You can run marathon for hours but a gun to your head ends you in 1 second. An extreme analogy but you get the point.

while being weaker in most aspects. yes thats bs.

Yep, most. Not all. Sometimes a single superior stat can save you and here it's Luffy's massive endurance which has been shown again and again since forever. In fact, it's Luffy's most signature stat, even more than his DF or CoC.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#33 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

Wtf katakuri is trembling...
Oda stop your bs writing!

I mean if you can see the future why wouldn't you tremble if you know it's not a good outcome for you? 

• Abaroxa, denimdragon and Chillman like this

#34 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

can anyone confirm these two?
> the probability of Cracker is not coming back is highest now,since  a lot of Bm-children just been introduced including Snack. 

Very doubtful cracker will be seen again this arc.  Without his shield he is crap and he took a 'Doffy vs G4 first strike' blow plus hit with his OWN power simultaneously.  That hit was even worse than Bellamy getting ground pounded back in part 1.  Even Monet can look at him and say 'glad i got what I did.'

Edited by raptor13, 08 February 2018 - 11:34 AM.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#35 Black Dranzer

Black Dranzer

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationThe Heart

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

Wow, that's a literally OUT-STAND-ing chapter by One Piece's standard! It's the usual Oda's scene-switching writing but this time each scene actually has crucial/curious enough information (for me anw) that justifies its existence as opposed to the useless, next-to-nothing ''this group is still running'' updates in Dresrosa arc. So let see:

1. Rayleigh flashback scene

-CoO is confirmed to have subdivisions (not something new and totally deducible but at least now Oda officially used Rayleigh's mouth to tell us that and Rayleigh is an expert so the credibility is 99.9999% true). So now when evaluating CoO we have to consider different aspects, as far as I can remember there are:

• Accuracy
  • Range
  • Further-ness degree (as in how far into the future you can predict/see)
  • Voice (Mantra)
  • Aura
  • Feeling
  • Strength/power level

The first three are obvious stats anyone should have. The last 4 are the different types of input CoO has been described to receive/perceive (though power level may just be what aura gives off but so far only Rayleigh outright said he used CoO to know that. And maybe Luffy).

Depends on how the character describes his CoO there can be subtle difference in the way he/she senses things and what is sensed.

-Luffy saw Katakuri's shape in his mind when closing his eyes. This may be similar to what Usopp and Fujitora used.

2. Bege ship scene

-Notify us readers there's a change in plan.

-The map of part of Tottoland

-Prometheus is slow in that size

Overall the most boring scene since none of the new info is interesting but admittedly still necessary (if Oda didn't do it now he would have to later anw) so passed.

3. Sunny scene

-Smoothie can do air slash (finally, she did something LOL)

-She can grow in size which means her DF probably isn't just about squeezing juice but also absorbing it.

4. Sanji+Pudding scene

-Sanji's words hype that he will finally get a fight (I suppose not alone but still) with an army of BM pirates around the mirror to save Luffy.

Has the least info out of this chapter's scenes but as a Sanji fan I'm content if Oda delivers that fight

5. Mirror scene

-A bunch of Charlotte kids' appearance and names.

-Finally, SNACK! This makes this scene more intresting than Bege ship scene. So Snack's bounty is lower than Perospero's despite being a Sweet Commander LOL. So much for bounty represents strength or Sweet Commanders are the top 3 (take 1).

6. Final scene

-G4 has another form. Snake probably means this time Luffy won't go head-on, mano-to-mano brawling style but will use his improved CoO and dodge flexibly like a snake.

Luffy fought Katakuri for more than 3 hours this time in G2/3 thanks to his signature massive endurance and improving CoO. This means if they have a rematch when both are healthy and Luffy goes G4 then Katakuri is screwed.

Sand does absorb water so I wouldn't say it's a stretch

Not BS. Because we never know Katakuri's endurance.

Wow you used bullets and all...

#36 mings

mings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

The translation is slightly off the last part.
Both Luffy & Katakuri answered a little into future with COO.

It goes like this.

Katakuri: What's the matter Luffy? Are you
Luffy: That's right (Luffy answered into following question)

Katakuri: Finished already?

Katakuri: Very well, I accept your challenge (Katakuri answered a future statement)
Luffy: I am going to end this.

Something like that. Credits goes to people on the chinese scanslation sites. 

Edited by mings, 08 February 2018 - 12:51 PM.

• Kazekage likes this

#37 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

Luffy is the one using Katakuri as a deadly training session.  From Katakuri's perspective, it's been a long time since he's found an opponent that's challenged him this much so he's trying to wring out as much enjoyment as possible from this fight. 

The translation is slightly off the last part.
Both Luffy & Katakuri answered a little into future with COO.

It goes like this.

Katakuri: What's the matter Luffy? Are you
Luffy: That's right (Luffy answered into following question)

Katakuri: Finished already?

Katakuri: Very well, I accept your challenge (Katakuri answered a future statement)
Luffy: I am going to end this.

Something like that. Credits goes to people on the chinese scanslation sites. 

Yeah, they are both reading into and predicting their sentences into the future. 

• capu and Chillman like this

#38 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,041 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

Wow you used bullets and all...

Is it that wow-ish?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#39 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

A form focused on speed and further elasticity I  guess. Can't wait to see the character design.

• Chillman likes this

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#40 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

SMH. Why would you bring this into the conversation, unless of course it was as joke?. Was it a joke?,

I dont get this. We know for a fact Fuji can distinguish all the rubble(=stones) in DR from everything else! Therefore CoO can read stones if u got the right CoO that is. And if Fuji does what he does in DR with rocks by the use of his CoO, i dont see how what Zoro did in Alabasta is any different!

It also fits all of Luffys/Ray-sans description of Haki and how it improves/awakens. Zoro was at deaths door at that moment, with Luffy/Ray-san explaining that dire situations are what leads to ur haki to improve i just follow whats been said.

BTW i find it very weird that Katakuri still lets Luffy the time to recuperate.....he aint attacking him whenever he is already lying down most of the times, instead he often waits for Luffy to stand up , even encouraging him to do so.

Then again he has stated numerous times in several chapters whether that was all that Luffy was able to. Even in this chapter he asked again.....i mean ok that still signifies huge superiority, but aint that far too risky? Luffy grow rate should ring all his alarm bells....i just dont know anymore.....i mean so far Katakuri still seems vastly superior his better CoA was shown once more this chapter but.....strange..its just strange....i fear some plot armor is coming up again......like .... soemthing real stupid.....like Katakuri cant fight if not given the time to take a pis* every day or so..... pls Oda dont do somehting like plot armor again..... Luffy won far too many fights because of that already.....

@Kazekage could be right, Katakuri may simply really enjoy this, thus trying to keep it going.

Edited by capu, 08 February 2018 - 02:24 PM.

• Strobacaxi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users