YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationUnknown Regions

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Holy shit, the artwork got even more horrendous, Ao's face in that cover page looked like some pumpkin pudding, after excreted forcefully outta one's bunghole.

So he got fooled by that kagebunshin?

Yes, he might be rusty as far as ninjahood is concerned, and he might live under a literal rock and/or ignorant about Boruto's dad techniques, what with him hailing from another hood, but at least give Konohamaru some more room to grow as a senior shinobi, don't Irukanize him, ffs. 

I love the world building potentials, tho--looking forward to see drones and full metal automatons in later chapters (Asimovian politics and conundrums would be a welcome addition, as long as handled with minimum intrusion).

This is awkward.

You know what's awkward? Keep reminding myself that Sarada is an kunoichi with distinct hopes and fears and dreams and personality and not a barely subconscious attempt by the mangaka to depict some jailbait in impractical combat costumes, I mean, go ahead and sexualize her all you want (or let your readers think so), mangaka guy, just give her some plausible ninja attires to wear, won'tcha? And cut that shannaro shit, kthx.

• pyrogenic likes this

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#4 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

Some redemption to those new ninja tools by making them rely on the users chakra pool. Very similar to the six paths ninja tools but still very broken.
One just has to have a ginormous chakra pool and everything will be alright.

So boruto didn't inherit the outstanding chakra pool all uzumakis have. Guess he took after his father father side of the family and gets to just be a genius. I wouldn't mind if he started using chakra chains like kushina and karin did in the past.

Its not that the art is horrendous. Its simply not the art kishimoto gave us in the past.

Yep, Sarada is obviously jailbait. She's what. 13?

#5 YoWid

YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

Its not that the art is horrendous. Its simply not the art kishimoto gave us in the past.

I dunno mang, seriously, though, there's something both uncanny and unsettling about their expression, I have no gripes with their body outlines or even moves, they're drawn pretty great, but they just seem to stare vacantly into nowhere--like soulless dolls, if pretty.

Yep, Sarada is obviously jailbait. She's what. 13?

Again, I don't really mind the jailbait factor (whether intended or not by the mangaka), it's the sheer impracticality of her fashion design that irks me so.

Some redemption to those new ninja tools by making them rely on the users chakra pool. Very similar to the six paths ninja tools but still very broken.
One just has to have a ginormous chakra pool and everything will be alright.

So boruto didn't inherit the outstanding chakra pool all uzumakis have. Guess he took after his father father side of the family and gets to just be a genius. I wouldn't mind if he started using chakra chains like kushina and karin did in the past.

Good point. I hope that before Naruto dies (yea, he must die some time later in the future for Boruto to mature properly) he could at least teach his son decent chakra management, if he can't just transfer the "ownership" of Kurama to Boruto for insane chakra pool.

#6 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

This was what I call a completely "ok chapter"

#7 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

The art is horrendous. 

Kishimoto must resume drawing or this is going nowhere. The plot might be ok, but hard to read with your eyes bleeding.

• waleuska and YoWid like this

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

Nice teamwork

• YoWid likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 YoWid

YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

Nice teamwork

Agreed. It also worked as a nice showcase of various elemental jutsu from yore.

I like how Ao got suspicious with their liberal usage of chakra draining techs against him, and yet still got punked by that feint move--it's like they're forcing him to outgambit them until he himself got overwhelmed and trippin' so bad with such simple trick.

(keep in mind that this fight must've lasted in less than a minute, by the look of it, and that kind of real-time tactical analysis made by Ao is pretty damn impressive for some has-been ninja, that's textbook "experience over intelligence" right there, if only briefly. Heck, they wouldn't even get the upper hand against him if not by dirty ganking on his ass like that.)

As I mentioned above, however, I was hoping Konohamaru could show more of his worth in ninjutsu, but, on hindsight, I think he's indeed better suited as support-type sensei to his pupils/juniors, not unlike Iruka.

• Tokoya likes this

#10 YoWid

YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:40 AM

This was what I call a completely "ok chapter"

Yea? More like, "ok, chapter, what next?"

Hopefully next chapter we'll see Ao captured and interrogated--slim (fat?) chance tho, given the death flag for him since his reveal as a baddie; he'll be the Zabuza for this generation: that mid-diff encounter to help them hone their teamwork skills.

#11 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:57 AM

Yea? More like, "ok, chapter, what next?"

Hopefully next chapter we'll see Ao captured and interrogated--slim (fat?) chance tho, given the death flag for him since his reveal as a baddie; he'll be the Zabuza for this generation: that mid-diff encounter to help them hone their teamwork skills.

The next question Teamwork stay or MC must do everything himself.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#12 YoWid

YoWid

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:15 AM

The next question Teamwork stay or MC must do everything himself.

Hopefully the former, the latter has been (over)used as the formula for Naruto.

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:51 AM

I caught up after stopping reading at chapter 5.

The art is meh but it's only volume 4-5 so it will improve, hopefully. Still, the style itself is not attractive at all.

I can see the themes of this part and it's nice. Maybe we will get to see aliens and Mother's origin from other planet LOL Star War Ninja incoming.

Tenten is the only one among the old generation whose family name is not revealed. Maybe given her specialty with weapon and seal she might be relevant in this sequel

• YoWid likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#14 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

When Naruto was that young, he barely scraped by in his fights. Boruto on the other hand seems to be able to handle himself like a pro even though he just graduated. . .and that pisses me off. From the start Boruto had a better life than either Naruto and Hinata(remember how she was treated). Boruto has to know about the worst aspects of his parent's lives. Instead of appreciating never having to go through what his parents went through, Boruto acts like a needy child who was never told that he was loved. Worst of all he has a 'know it all' mentality. He thinks what he says to others is gospel without never going through the kind of trials and tribulations that Naruto and Hinata did.

What Boruto needs is a hardcore lesson in humility which he did not get when he got caught cheating during the Chunin Exams.

Posted Image

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

What Boruto needs is a hardcore lesson in humility which he did not get when he got caught cheating during the Chunin Exams.

The kid was humiliated in front of his peers, teachers and world leaders, he was stripped of his right to be a ninja in front of those people, he watched his dad sacrifice himself to save him and everyone else's lives and got a stern talking to from Sasuke about what his dad had to go through and what it means to be a ninja

What more do you want lol

Like I get that you are mad that this kid is a prodigy when compared to Naruto at this age lol, but I dunno why you're so surprised and salty about it considering that every single prodigy in the series (Itachi, Kakashi, Sasuke, Minato, Neji, Orochimaru etc.) has been this talented and has achieved feats like the ones Boruto did at his age or younger and then some

Edited by Tokoya, 04 March 2018 - 02:02 PM.

• waleuska, JDG973, Five-Tailed-Fenrir and 2 others like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

The kid was humiliated in front of his peers, teachers and world leaders, he was stripped of his right to be a ninja in front of those people, he watched his dad sacrifice himself to save him and everyone else's lives and got a stern talking to from Sasuke about what his dad had to go through and what it means to be a ninja

What more do you want lol

Like I get that you are mad that this kid is a prodigy when compared to Naruto at this age lol, but I dunno why you're so surprised and salty about it considering that every single prodigy in the series (Itachi, Kakashi, Sasuke, Minato, Neji, Orochimaru etc.) has been this talented and has achieved feats like the ones Boruto did at his age or younger and then some

As long as he learns I'm ok with it.
Boruto is a mix of naruto and minato. If he was perfect like minato the manga wouldn't be funny at all.
But there is no way you can compare the humiliation he went through to what naruto went through.
Naruto life as a person/ninja only began after the 3rd hokage died. Up to his 12th birthday he was neglected and left to live on his own, he got bullied and mistreated by children and adults. The people that should have been with him were away(jiraya) or dealing with their own inner problems(kakashi). He proved himself to iruka and graduated, from that moment to the end of the chunnin exam he proved to everyone he was not a goodfornothing. After that tsunade showed up and he had a saying, people cared about him and he was valued as more than a living weapon.

You can't compare a small humiliation that was overshadowed by the thought of your own father being dead while protecting you to what naruto went through.
Before the kyuubi training naruto would probably look at kakashi and jiraya and think to himself why his father master and student never approached him in his first 12 years of life. At least he knows that jiraya was the only character that liked him and respected him without the need of him having to prove anything.

#17 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

Does Ao have the fucking Byakugan or not?

goddamn

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#18 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

goddamn

No, he lost it

https://readms.net/r...4925/3?mobile=1 bottom right
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#19 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

goddamn

Byakugan so bad it got off paneled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users