#41 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:59 PM

I think luffy attack the big mom’s minion and then stop the marriage and fight her.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#42 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

I didn't think Oda would follow up with a worse chapter than the previous one. This arc just takes way too long and it just doesn't end, the horror.

2/10

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#43 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:15 AM

3 more chapters. :D

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#44 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:47 AM

Do you think Carrot with her jumping ability would have made a better impression?

Potentially, but I think she would have been overwhelmed too.

I really wanted Sanji to have a moment though.  It was all meant to setup the Vinsmoke part, sure, but I don't think Sanji should have been swatted away that quickly and easily.  Maybe just a few more panels of him going at it with them and making it seem like he could actually get away for just a bit.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#45 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

Maybe Oda is teasing so bad to make the climax more...climatic? I don't know...one reason I find possible is that Sanji has not had a good talk with his family yet.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#46 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:50 AM

More like anticlimactic tbh.

This whole arc could have easily ended 20 chapters ago if it where not for Oda unnecessarily dragging crap out, ie like this boring ass chase subplot.

This whole chapter empathize why this arc sucks, inept and incompetent BM crew members who are unthreatening as a sack of bricks and that includes BM herself. Sanji being an utter failure throughout the arc, as this very chapter underlines.

Really apart from the Luffy against Katakuri stuff, there has hardly been anything good about this arc at all.

If I had to rate WCI as a whole as it is now, I would give it a 2/10 score. That's how terrible this arc has been. Easily imo one of the worst arcs in the entire series by far.
  • durra072 and trafalgarlawisop like this

#47 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

Sanji will shine when this arc is over and he is back in the kitchen.

• Chillman likes this

#48 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

Do you think Carrot with her jumping ability would have made a better impression?

No.

Carrot would be fodderized just like Pekoms, Luffy and Sanji were.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#49 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

No.

I agree, also remember Carrot can actually control her's. Pekoms can't control his so I think that would imply he'd be a bit more useless. 

• Tale and Chillman like this

#50 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

@durra072 What are your top 10 chapters?

I definitely think Pedro is coming back now. I think the pumpkin guy he clashed in the forest carries the 50 year life span that Big Mom took from him and might be the key to him coming back. Brook trying to spare Sanji the guilt of Pedro dying makes it more likely.

That's what I been saying for the past 3 months.
The way he talked at pedro in the seducing woods, they way he was skillful and we can't forget that he never got defeated. Pudding spammed that flashback attack and all the homies stopped. Shortly after pedro blows himself. This is odd.
But I am not even sure I wan't pedro back. Normally weaker characters can clash with strong ones even if for just a brief moment. Pedro on the other hand lost to perospero really quickly and in a humiliating way. Pedro goes for the kill and Perospero does some aikido trick, next thing we know pedro is tucked in in his bed ready for a night sleep. If jozu can clash with aokiji then pedro should have held his own for at least 1 more minute.

No.

I don't know about that. Carrot was indeed smarter by transforming before the fight. She made her preparations in due time.
Pekom on the other hand tried to transform in the middle of his enemies. He was surrounded and everybody knew how dangerous the transformation can really be.
He should have transformed in the mirror world or at least came out without his glasses.

I agree, also remember Carrot can actually control her's. Pekoms can't control his so I think that would imply he'd be a bit more useless.

He would be more useful than carrot.
Carrot would have to fight and defeat his enemies to escape.
Pekoms was aiming for a suicidal mission. He would fight anyone and everyone at least until he died.
Strong character would have to stop pursuing luffy and sanji because if they didn't stop pekoms the week children like the decuplets(maybe) would be slaughtered. This is just an assumption but it sure fits in with oven personality.

Edited by Abaroxa, 12 March 2018 - 05:21 AM.

#51 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

Cover story- A giant who fixes ships? Seeing how usopp gave franky attitude for having large hands i am guessing he would hate to see this.

Hahahaha dont show a cover story about the sh grand fleet. Then have one of the first lines of the chapter jimbe yelling "look the grand fleet" i almost thought bartolomeo came to save luffy.

Why are you asking smoothie what yo do? She hasn't made a decision yet, dont make her start now.

I know this is beating a dead and burried plot powered horse, but does no one with coo know sanji is there? Oven, snacks, anyone?

What!?!?!?! The moon wolf nonsense is stupid enough already. Now you are telling me a pirate with a 300m bounty, is actually weaker then carrot in control? And not only that but the only one who can control him is a man who wasnt near him for the past 10 years, and was about to die anyway due to the fact he was 70ish years old? NONE of that makes sense. You go to hell plotwolf form.

Ok so it is safe to say full moons in the OP world are about 100 times more common then they are in ours, we get usually one a month, in OP they get 3 in about a week.

Hold on hold on....bluree is right isnt she? Dont say shut it.

Wow...... i should be impressed pekoms knows the time luffy is supposed to meet his crew, i am horrified he still thinks this is a good idea.
ALSO, did bluree just gice away the plan? "There is a war ready army out there" you moron!!! If luffy or pekoms were reasonable people they would turn away and go for bege..... or the fish man pirates.

Jesus..... oda really cant control his need for exposition.
"Stop it pedro you will go on a rampage"
Hey retarded fodder, he had a gun pointed at bluree (as oven points out) i think it is safe to say that is his plan......

Oh also, sunglasses to prevent going into moon wolf form. Smart idea kida but the problem with that is....well.....if you wear sun glasses at night....oh forget it...

Oven can heat up weapons in his general area? Is that awakening? His power is kinda cool but if he were to fight zoro it would look stupid. (Since we all know zoro would not be effected by the heat)

Anyone can use moonwalk? Well....doesnt that make sanji look really stupid for taking this long to learn it?

Aanji did something good, then returned to getting his ass kicked by fodder, good ol sanji...

The gemma is here... ok well they lost handliy to peros so lets see what they can do against 2 commanders.... well smoothie and 1 former commander.

Quick question, why does oda think snails float? They dont.....

Ok quick talk. Some people are saying this chapter was predictable, i agree it was 100%, but sometimes....often... that isnt a bad thing. Unpredictable events can sometimes be even worse. Face it, how angry would we be if the G66 just left? We would be sitting here saying "well where they hell are they?! They got us hyped for nothing" I admit some predictable things are dumb, if it is revealed roger used the rubber fruit, that is dumb, if the OP is actually the joy of the journey, that is dumb. So i agree some predictable stuff can be dumb. But sometimes it can be great, like luffy vs akainu, or zoro vs mihawk.

Oh since i only half pay attention to flashbacks, and sanji flashbacks i was paying about....1/8th attention. Sid we retconn sanji's back story in the arc made to retcon sanji's back story?

Because 1st i remember doctora testing all 5 of the kids and being confused why sanji was weaker and lacking the genes. 2nd it was revealed sanji's mom drank a potion and everyone knew......am i wrong? If they knew she dranl a potion..... why were they surprised sanji was weak? Why did the super scientist judge even bother training sanji?

Also, i want to give the G66 an award, the award for going the longest on screen with us fans still having very little clue about their powers and abilities. They wear suits they are apperently powerless without, but they have tough bodies, they have miniond that will act as human shields if they say "wall"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#52 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

Any thoughts on an injured Pedro in Sulong form coming back to do more shit/really die/get saved ect? 

#53 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

Any thoughts on an injured Pedro in Sulong form coming back to do more shit/really die/get saved ect?

It would be a d#ck move from Oda to bring Pedro back only to have him die in everyone arms as they live totto land in the sunny.

I'm yet to see Sanji being worth a thousand men.
Luffy hyped him up but he hasn't done as much as Pedro A.K.A 1 man.
If Sanji doesn't prove his worth soon in this arc it would have been easier to just have a random mink replace him in the crew.
He better hurry up because we are 10 chapters from the end of this arc. (this is a guess)

#54 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

Less than that, more like 3 chapters left for this arc.

Hopefully this crud doesn't drag on past chapter 900.

#55 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Also, i want to give the G66 an award, the award for going the longest on screen with us fans still having very little clue about their powers and abilities. They wear suits they are apperently powerless without, but they have tough bodies, they have miniond that will act as human shields if they say "wall"

I remember in databook or something Reiju is said to have a DF. I'm not sure the poison consuming thing is her DF or her modified genes...

ALSO, did bluree just gice away the plan? "There is a war ready army out there" you moron!!! If luffy or pekoms were reasonable people they would turn away and go for bege..... or the fish man pirates.

Yeah, I don't know why that mirror is the only one they can get to. Does Bege's ship have no mirror?

And is it a coincidence that Brulee's mirror world's size is perfectly the same as WCI? Can Luffy get out by finding a mirror exit somewhere outside of WCI?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#56 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,385 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

She has a df?! Good god that would be nice information to hear in the manga....

The mirror world is werid, 1st off, i refuse to believe every one got every single mirror off the island. That is just impossible, someone would forget one mirror sitting around that was a gift. 2ndly the fact only one mirror leads to cocoa island should be a huge red flag.

I wonder how big mirror world is, and where do the mirrors bluree make go? Do they just pop onto a wall somewhere in mirror world?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#57 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:58 AM

I remember in databook or something Reiju is said to have a DF. I'm not sure the poison consuming thing is her DF or her modified genes...

It is df ability.

#58 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationIn the front row sit of a cinema

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

I am highly disappointed in this chapter.
  • D.Hyuga, durra072 and trafalgarlawisop like this

#59 Fiore Harvenheit

Fiore Harvenheit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

People may have touched upon it last chapter. But do you guys think, that Pudding's last request was a kiss, then she later edited Sanji's memories to make him forget about her? 

#60 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

I am highly disappointed in this chapter.

https://youtu.be/tHXEXBsvTKg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users