• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

I am highly disappointed in this chapter.

Me too, I thought the chapter was meh too

Though I am more disappointed with this entire arc.
  • trafalgarlawisop and Saya like this

#62 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

If she made Sanji forget about Zeff that would be fun. Maybe Sanji will start kicking ass, no pun intended.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#63 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

If she made Sanji forget about Zeff that would be fun. Maybe Sanji will start kicking ass, no pun intended.

More like Sanji will get his ass kicked like what happened this chapter, arc and most of post timeskip too tbh.
  • KUROkami likes this

#64 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

I just wished Oda gave Sanji more time to shine in this chapter before back up came. 

Like how about have a chapter just focused on Sanji kicking ass instead of just one page? 

:(

• Tale likes this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#65 Kolfer

Kolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:36 PM

Like how about have a chapter just focused on Sanji kicking ass instead of just one page? 

:(

Since Reiju said to Sanji that he is the kindest boy, I can't picture him anymore as a rampaging monster... I hope Oda put back his kindness in background, now that it's settled with Pudding.

Edited by Kolfer, 13 March 2018 - 11:40 PM.

#66 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,856 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:00 AM

So it does look like Pudding erased Sanji's memories of their kiss. That was kind of expected though. Still, I thought that Pudding would do more with her powers since it is such a unique fruit. Like erasing or changing Big Mom's memories so she changes the way she acts or does something, but I guess not. 

Also I was surprised that Luffy was able to move around as well as he could. Usually after his big fights he is basically immobile or close to that. I suppose it was nice to see Sanji have a little moment there when he saved Luffy but that was short lived. I really do wonder if he will do anything else this arc since he has kind of been disappointing for an arc that was supposed to revolve around him so much. Maybe with the Germa there now he will have an opportunity to fight someone since he won't be him verses Big Mom's crew. Also I wonder if Pekoms will die since I don't see Big Mom letting him live if he betrayed the crew, but I guess he could run away somehow back to the other Minks. 

#67 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

People may have touched upon it last chapter. But do you guys think, that Pudding's last request was a kiss, then she later edited Sanji's memories to make him forget about her?

IMO she showed Sanji her memories. Something about how to defeat her siblings, negotiating a way out with BM or what really went down with loki and lola.
One could say that pudding was the one engaged to loki but she changed everyone mind to get away from it. This is impossible because if pudding is 18 and the events took place at least 2 years ago then pudding would have been too young for a marriage. But she might actually know what went down with BM and mother caramel.

So it does look like Pudding erased Sanji's memories of their kiss. That was kind of expected though. Still, I thought that Pudding would do more with her powers since it is such a unique fruit. Like erasing or changing Big Mom's memories so she changes the way she acts or does something, but I guess not.

Also I was surprised that Luffy was able to move around as well as he could. Usually after his big fights he is basically immobile or close to that. I suppose it was nice to see Sanji have a little moment there when he saved Luffy but that was short lived. I really do wonder if he will do anything else this arc since he has kind of been disappointing for an arc that was supposed to revolve around him so much. Maybe with the Germa there now he will have an opportunity to fight someone since he won't be him verses Big Mom's crew. Also I wonder if Pekoms will die since I don't see Big Mom letting him live if he betrayed the crew, but I guess he could run away somehow back to the other Minks.

Luffy still fighting for 7 more hours after the first G4 was impressive. After the the second G4 and all the beating he took it is insane for him to move aound. But at the same time he only did a small high jump and in a world where top tiers fight for 10 days straight it only makes sense for him to little by little to reach such level of endurance.

I still don't understand why the BM pirates decided to focus on the SH. Yeah they are the reason for all of the destruction in totto land but still had they focused on Germa they could have the clone army by now. What Bege did was treason, one of he worst crimes you can commit. The SH are only a group of 10 people, halt the crew is missing and since BM pirates didn't focus properly in Germa and the Tank pirates, the SH are getting tons of help.
Montd'Or is the master of perception. At first it looks like he's doing a good job, denden mushi this guy and that guy but at the end of the day he has poor risk assessment skills. I bet he is the type of guy that lies in his CV/resume. He's the type of guy that sends Bobbin to capture Gol D Roger. He's the type of guy that takes a viola when camping. He's the type of guy that doesn't contribute in the group project but shows up for the presentation and the awards. He's the type of person that says that morning after pizza is better. etc..

From the very beginning of the arc they have been underestimating Luffy. Don't they know haki blooms in though fights. All the BM pirates did was skyrocket luffy power lvl. Luffy is still lacking awakening, lvl2CoA and FS_CoO. This whole arc was a free class for luffy. They send an army to beat the guy that beat Cracker. Well Cracker power revolves around the fact that he can create an army. They were lucky luffy was exhausted because had luffy been healthy, well fed and with no injuries he would have defeated the whole army without even using G4. For enel sake the guy defeated DD which in my opinion is superior to Cracker. How almighty do they really think they are. Do they think they are the best yonko crew. "But katakuri never lost a fight" , well did he ever fought high tiers like I don't know a yonko or and admiral? No, oh so he only fights people he knows he can beat, interesting.

By the end of this arc we will get the true meaning of the will of "P".
Excluding WB and ace the only characters that "died" in the series where Pell, Pagaya, Pedro, Pound and now Pekoms.
Who don't you mind coming back?
Who would piss you if it came back?
Personally I want all 3 of them to stay dead to set the bar for what it takes to confront a yonko.
  • Hurley Pirates and Sesshoumaru like this

#68 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

Also I was surprised that Luffy was able to move around as well as he could. Usually after his big fights he is basically immobile or close to that

It's not really a can't-be-helped thing because Luffy consciously decides to do that, I believe.

That only happens when Luffy is pushed to his absolute limit (Dresrosa) or thinks he already beats the opponent and there's nothing else to do (Thriller Bark). As long as he is aware he has not finished the business, his sheer willpower will make him stand. Here he had to regroup with his crew so he tried to walk out of mirror world and then fought because BM pirates hindered him but Sanji showed up so he basically had a reason to let go and sleep and he did just that.

Of course, if he is utterly destroyed (1st Crocodile fight) then he would be immobile, too. Well, more like dead.

#69 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,935 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

People may have touched upon it last chapter. But do you guys think, that Pudding's last request was a kiss, then she later edited Sanji's memories to make him forget about her? 

I kind of doubt that there is anything in the world of OP that could make Sanji forget his first kiss. If push comes to shove then he beats Puddings DF there.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#70 naahjly

naahjly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

I would've like to see Luffy finish Katakuri in a Law vs Smoker fashion.. ripping his heart out by using snakeman to dig through the ground and surprise Katakuri. A bit brutal seeing Luffy rip someones heart out but if Akainu pretty much get to blow WB's head off...

Luffy then steps out of the mirror with Katakuri over his shoulder saying "give hime a proper burial", then passes out infront of the chocked crowd. Letting Sanji and Germa save the day.

#71 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

So guys, what are the most likely possibilities with respect to Big Moms future? Will Luffy return? Will she become an ally? Will Blackbeard or the marines show up after this arc to take her down?

#72 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationIn the front row sit of a cinema

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

https://youtu.be/tHXEXBsvTKg

There are no developpement whatsoever on the storyline or Luffy gaining more accurate with the new gained Observation Haki.
We had the flashback with Rayleigh training but, there are nothing more to develop onto, "he gained control over it because the story needed it", that's how I felt.

Whenever was this Sanji arc started, I expected him to develop more but, instead, he became more plain and absurd than ever before, he has no purpose in this arc.
  • trafalgarlawisop and Chillman like this

#73 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

So guys, what are the most likely possibilities with respect to Big Moms future? Will Luffy return? Will she become an ally? Will Blackbeard or the marines show up after this arc to take her down?

I feel like pretty much by the end that everyone will be Luffy's ally if they are alive/not in jail. I could see BM going down but Katakuri leading them  Marco style and they would still be a power house group not to mess with. 

I don't see the marines deciding to show up. Look how much they needed to take on whitebeard, by the time they'd show up a lot of the BM crew would be recovered and ready to go again. 

• Sesshoumaru likes this

#74 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

There are no developpement whatsoever on the storyline or Luffy gaining more accurate with the new gained Observation Haki.
We had the flashback with Rayleigh training but, there are nothing more to develop onto, "he gained control over it because the story needed it", that's how I felt.

You have a problem with his CoO developing or you have a problem with how good it is?

Whenever was this Sanji arc started, I expected him to develop more but, instead, he became more plain and absurd than ever before, he has no purpose in this arc.

He doesn't need purpose. He is (one of) the purposes.

#75 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

My dream- green bull and fuji show up to kill her.

Most likely- the sh never go back. Either someone will take bm out, or bm will follow the crew to Wano, or somewhere. But i am 100% positive we are never seeing tot land again (unless oda wants a 2000 chapter manga)

We have seen bm, oda has an awesome chance to use her death/defeat to hype another character. I will lost the characters who could use this win and why they shouldnt have it.
Green bull- pros: every admrial has an awesome first showing, defeating bm would be the 2nd best so far. Cons: no story reason for green bull to do this. The wg to our knowledge has never gone emperor hunting why start now right before revire?

Fuji- pros: makes alot of story sense, fuji needs to get back in akainus good graces and a bm kill should do that trick, not to mention he should be following luffy and law cons: same as bull, the revire is starting fuji should be portecting that.

Dragon pros: finally we would have proof dragon is a real threat. Cons: makes no sense. Maybe you could argue the RA liberates all land from all evil, tot land surely could use some liberation.......

BB pros: i cant think of any, how would this be good? Cons: wasted this BM, We all know BB is the man who killed....kinda killed wb and wounded shanks, he needs no BM killing hype, not to mention if he kills her that means one of his crew will get the soul fruit, and i never want to see the soul fruit again....

Kidd pros: it would make up for his pethetic defeat at the hands of kiadou
Cons: he just lost to kiadou... how is he going to turn around and beat an emperor?

Weevel pros: establishing him as truely a scary threat, the next big deal possibly even a wsm contender. Cons: his mission is get money for his mom, he wants to kill marco and luffy and bb, what on earth is he doing fighting BM? Maybe he was following luffy to wci and didnt notice luffy left?

New character- pros: quickly establish this character as a big deal. Cons: dude we have enough characters......

I guess there is a third optiom where bm is never defeated and she goes on to keep her title even after the manga ends..... that would be lame but we all know how oda hates killing and it isnt like bm could get defeated and go on to live a normal life.
  • Sesshoumaru and Grimmjagger like this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#76 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

Ok so, how does a story not develop when the MC learn something? I'm not sure if you were reading OP with us or pretending to.
e7734c025aa8c51fa9a905c5a1dc0ed2.png

BIG THINGS ARE COMING TO OMF!

#77 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

I feel like pretty much by the end that everyone will be Luffy's ally if they are alive/not in jail. I could see BM going down but Katakuri leading them  Marco style and they would still be a power house group not to mess with. 

I don't see the marines deciding to show up. Look how much they needed to take on whitebeard, by the time they'd show up a lot of the BM crew would be recovered and ready to go again.

My dream- green bull and fuji show up to kill her.

Most likely- the sh never go back. Either someone will take bm out, or bm will follow the crew to Wano, or somewhere. But i am 100% positive we are never seeing tot land again (unless oda wants a 2000 chapter manga)

We have seen bm, oda has an awesome chance to use her death/defeat to hype another character. I will lost the characters who could use this win and why they shouldnt have it.
Green bull- pros: every admrial has an awesome first showing, defeating bm would be the 2nd best so far. Cons: no story reason for green bull to do this. The wg to our knowledge has never gone emperor hunting why start now right before revire?

Fuji- pros: makes alot of story sense, fuji needs to get back in akainus good graces and a bm kill should do that trick, not to mention he should be following luffy and law cons: same as bull, the revire is starting fuji should be portecting that.

Dragon pros: finally we would have proof dragon is a real threat. Cons: makes no sense. Maybe you could argue the RA liberates all land from all evil, tot land surely could use some liberation.......

BB pros: i cant think of any, how would this be good? Cons: wasted this BM, We all know BB is the man who killed....kinda killed wb and wounded shanks, he needs no BM killing hype, not to mention if he kills her that means one of his crew will get the soul fruit, and i never want to see the soul fruit again....

Kidd pros: it would make up for his pethetic defeat at the hands of kiadou
Cons: he just lost to kiadou... how is he going to turn around and beat an emperor?

Weevel pros: establishing him as truely a scary threat, the next big deal possibly even a wsm contender. Cons: his mission is get money for his mom, he wants to kill marco and luffy and bb, what on earth is he doing fighting BM? Maybe he was following luffy to wci and didnt notice luffy left?

New character- pros: quickly establish this character as a big deal. Cons: dude we have enough characters......

I guess there is a third optiom where bm is never defeated and she goes on to keep her title even after the manga ends..... that would be lame but we all know how oda hates killing and it isnt like bm could get defeated and go on to live a normal life.

Yeah, at first I thought Big Mom would be weakened after this arc. Then a secret buster call ambush with Green Bull would be epic and probably do the trick, but doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Kidd alliance taking Big Mom out would have been great as well, but seeing as they have broken up and Kidd will play a role vs Kaidou, is not likely. Also, if Kidd alone managed to take out Big Mom somehow, Oda would establish him as another end of story opponent for Luffy and it doesn't look like he has plans like this for him anymore...

So it seems like the most probable result is Big Mom becoming some kind of ally which would be boring, but ok.
Maybe the cake is so great that she forgives the strawhats and that she wants Sanji alive so he can make that cake again in the future. Combined with Katakuri' or Pudding's efforts (or her DF) it might happen.
And now that I think about it: IF there is another timeskip, Luffy could train on Totland with Katakuri or Big Mom herself (maybe even beating her in the end on friendly terms).

#78 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:11 PM

Ok so, how does a story not develop when the MC learn something? I'm not sure if you were reading OP with us or pretending to.

I think she meant she expected Luffy to use future sight to not get ambushed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users