Jujutsu Kaisen

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

main_jujutsu.jpg

Jujutsu Kaisen
Genre: Dark Fantasy, Action, Shounen
Author: Akutami Gege
Serialization: Weekly Shounen Jump
Publisher: Shueisha

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 26 July 2018 - 03:01 PM.

• PunkHazard likes this

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,327 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

Looks interesting

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

We definitely should be talkin about this manga more. The most recent chapters hav been amazing. The hype is skyrocketing.

#4 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

Just read up to chapter 34 and im suuuuuper hyped for this tournament arc. I still don’t completely understand the power system in this manga but thats wat makes it so interesting and exciting

#5 RebornLima

RebornLima

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationThe Ring

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

I’ve been gone for a while but I’ve come back to see if people jumped on this manga yet. I feel like it has massive potential.
  • PunkHazard likes this

23.jpg

#6 RebornLima

RebornLima

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationThe Ring

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

Chapter 52 is out. Overall it’s not bad. Felt a little quick to be honest. Gojou snapped in this chapter. Practically solo’d everything. At this point it seems like Gojou really doesn’t have an opponent that can match him.
  • PunkHazard likes this

23.jpg

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:46 PM

I’ve been gone for a while but I’ve come back to see if people jumped on this manga yet. I feel like it has massive potential.

agreed. For some reason chainsaw man gets way more attention but I think JJK id just as good if not better

Chapter 52 is out. Overall it’s not bad. Felt a little quick to be honest. Gojou snapped in this chapter. Practically solo’d everything. At this point it seems like Gojou really doesn’t have an opponent that can match him.

yea he’s way stronger then every other character ita crazy. But i feel like the death flag for him has been flagged.
  • Red Opus likes this

#8 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:12 PM

agreed. For some reason chainsaw man gets way more attention but I think JJK id just as good if not better

yea he’s way stronger then every other character ita crazy. But i feel like the death flag for him has been flagged.

I mean Chainsaw Man is new so of course people are checking it out to see if its good or not.  

Jujutsu Kaisen has been out for a while longer & is already selling volumes at near 100K copies so its already doing quite well for itself. It doesn't really matter which is better. 

Edited by Slimcoder, 26 March 2019 - 08:12 PM.

• Red Opus likes this

#9 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

I mean Chainsaw Man is new so of course people are checking it out to see if its good or not.

Jujutsu Kaisen has been out for a while longer & is already selling volumes at near 100K copies so its already doing quite well for itself. It doesn't really matter which is better.

i get that but its still hard to see places like the sub forums on reddit have way more subscribers for chainsawman then JJK. Just cause it’s newer doesn’t account for that.

And I do think it matters which is more popular when it comes to having people to talk to about a story that u like. And a more popular subreddit usually means thats the case

Edited by PunkHazard, 27 March 2019 - 10:45 AM.

#10 RebornLima

RebornLima

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationThe Ring

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:48 AM

This manga is going to be big. Sales are doing great and it’s right around the corner from chapter 80. A lot of people seem to think that when they’ll start to animate it. Some are worried Pierrot will get the rights but I’m too worried about that. If they do decided to pick it up, it’s likely because they see the similarities with Naruto.

agreed. For some reason chainsaw man gets way more attention but I think JJK id just as good if not better  yea he’s way stronger then every other character ita crazy. But i feel like the death flag for him has been flagged.

What makes you say that? From what I gathered, most people seem to think he’s going to be a secret villain of sorts. But he is too strong. The enemies don’t even have an answer in how to deal with him other than “Keep him out of the fight.”

23.jpg

#11 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

This manga is going to be big. Sales are doing great and it’s right around the corner from chapter 80. A lot of people seem to think that when they’ll start to animate it. Some are worried Pierrot will get the rights but I’m too worried about that. If they do decided to pick it up, it’s likely because they see the similarities with Naruto.

What makes you say that? From what I gathered, most people seem to think he’s going to be a secret villain of sorts. But he is too strong. The enemies don’t even have an answer in how to deal with him other than “Keep him out of the fight.”

usually the complete badass and unbeatable character in a show dies. Whitebeard, Netero etc. so the stronger the story makes him the more sure i am that he’s going to die

I actually wouldn’t like it if he became a villian. I like his character too much. And that would be lessened if he becomes evil

#12 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

Can someone pleeeease read this manga so we can talk about it!! Its crazy that no one of this forum loves it as much as me. Its soooo good

#13 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

What's it about?
  • PunkHazard likes this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#14 Metal Heart

Metal Heart

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationCosmere

User's Awards

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:33 AM

This chapter was fucking brutal. I'm really liking how dark and weird this manga is in general.

• PunkHazard likes this

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

If anyone is in the mood for some Smash Bros 3DS my friend code is 1118-0339-4355.

Spoiler I am writing stuff

#15 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

What's it about?

i wish I had the vernacular to really put into words what this manga is about to make u want to read it. But I feel theres nothing I could say to do it justice. Its an amazing and funny and unique shonen action series. The characters are all fun and different from the average character in its own way. The way the story is told and shown is alot more cinematic then an average manga. The action is super kool and engaging. The power system is a lil confusing at first but it really does remind me of nen in certain ways. You’ll laugh, cry and jump for joy all in one chapter. Just read it please!

This chapter was fucking brutal. I'm really liking how dark and weird this manga is in general.

exactly me too! I feel like it doesn’t beat around the bush like some other shows do. Its brutal but also carries a message of hope. Super weird and unique too

#16 Metal Heart

Metal Heart

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationCosmere

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

exactly me too! I feel like it doesn’t beat around the bush like some other shows do. Its brutal but also carries a message of hope. Super weird and unique too

It's really dark and weird for a modern shounen. I mean sure MHA and Kimitsu no Yaiba get dark sometimes too, but they are still overall optimistic series. This leans into the darkness and weirdness in a way I rarely see anymore. Hell even the art is gritty. It's giving me early Bleach and general Togashi vibes, even if it's not quite as transgressive as HXH or Jojo's. It's really cool.

• PunkHazard likes this

If anyone is in the mood for some Smash Bros 3DS my friend code is 1118-0339-4355.

#17 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

It's really dark and weird for a modern shounen. I mean sure MHA and Kimitsu no Yaiba get dark sometimes too, but they are still overall optimistic series. This leans into the darkness and weirdness in a way I rarely see anymore. Hell even the art is gritty. It's giving me early Bleach and general Togashi vibes, even if it's not quite as transgressive as HXH or Jojo's. It's really cool.

also i have to mention jus how satisfying the action is to me. All the fights are super kool and stylized. Some of the panels even remind me of certain shots from Blade of the Immortal. The powers are unique and interact with each other in a way that actually does remind me of HxH and JoJo

#18 Metal Heart

Metal Heart

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationCosmere

User's Awards

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:36 AM

also i have to mention jus how satisfying the action is to me. All the fights are super kool and stylized. Some of the panels even remind me of certain shots from Blade of the Immortal. The powers are unique and interact with each other in a way that actually does remind me of HxH and JoJo

The entire contract system is definitely very based in nen, which is one of the coolest magic/power systems in existence anyway, so anything based on it cant go wrong. I really love the silly detail that explaining their powers make them stronger.

#19 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

The entire contract system is definitely very based in nen, which is one of the coolest magic/power systems in existence anyway, so anything based on it cant go wrong. I really love the silly detail that explaining their powers make them stronger.

yea most shonen characters usually explain their powers mid fight anyway for no apparent reason. HxH and and JJK has made it so explaining their powers not only makes sense but is actually recommended.

#20 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:32 PM

Loooove this chapter! Papa Fushigoro is sooo badass! I love characters like him that don’t really have special powers but are still badass! Like King Bradley from FMA or Rock Lee from Naruto.

The fact that he referred to himself as a monkey, and in the prequel Geto referred to non Jujutsu sorcerers as monkeys numerous times, kind of confirms that this situation is what changed him from good to bad.

Papa Fushigoro not remembering his kids name is weird to me. I get that he’s supposed to jus be a dead beat dad. But usually wen shows go this far to show him being shitty its cause its for a reason. Like maybe he has to pretend to not care about his kid or something. Grey’s (fairy tail) dad did it, and a couple of other anime dads did it too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users