10 replies to this topic

#1 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:46 AM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/22/page/1

Haha, silly oc-chan, he never stood a chance.

• Tokoya likes this

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

I wonder if one day these scientific tools will be an art on its own, like puppet art. You will need your own chakra input but the tool/scroll will have the jutsu mechanics memorized and just do it for you.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 SubzeroDegrees

SubzeroDegrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:39 PM

Let us remember that Toad Summoning or any summoning for that matter is not a Kekkei Genkai. Anyone can have a contract with the toads. Whether he has any relation to Jiraiya or not is still to be determined. I'd be pretty excited if it turned out Jiraiya had a bastard son with one of the women his met while doing his "research".

• Tokoya and paka like this

#4 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:11 PM

Oh yeah, a Jirayia bastard would be a good motive to go bad. Nice one.

I'm having mixed feelings about this.... I don't know why. For one I like the logical evolution of technology, but I miss something :( perhaps it's the fact that the manga is monthly that makes it kinda boring and slow...

#5 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Let us remember that Toad Summoning or any summoning for that matter is not a Kekkei Genkai. Anyone can have a contract with the toads. Whether he has any relation to Jiraiya or not is still to be determined. I'd be pretty excited if it turned out Jiraiya had a bastard son with one of the women his met while doing his "research".

Konohamaru did summon a toad during Boruto's class training - anime - had no links to Jiraiya - you are correct

:kakashi:  We back

#6 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

Konohamaru did summon a toad during Boruto's class training - anime - had no links to Jiraiya - you are correct

I always thought it was based on whether or not you had a contract. How you got such contract is irrelevant but when naruto sign his own there was alread some four names there. One was jiraya, the second was minato and the others were never revealed.

That toad got me by surprise but never did I think it had some relationship with jiraya. Now that I think about it, it would be cool if it was someone using jiraya body for their own resolution.

#7 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Oh yeah, a Jirayia bastard would be a good motive to go bad. Nice one.

I'm having mixed feelings about this.... I don't know why. For one I like the logical evolution of technology, but I miss something :( perhaps it's the fact that the manga is monthly that makes it kinda boring and slow...

The 'natural flow of technology' is kind of shot in Naruto/Baruto. My head canon is that Zetsu did things to make sure anyone who could use chakra like the cast did not make any advances in technology. This way people will always rely on chakra instead of technology so the return of Kaguya and turning people into White Zetsus would be easier.

Hey, I recognize that masked man. He shows up in Gundam quite a bit!

Edited by Graeystone, 05 April 2018 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

People are still using chakra. They’re just using it with technology.

#9 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

People are still using chakra. They’re just using it with technology.

Its been shown that throughout the Naruto series(not Baruto) that technology, especially anything that doesn't require chakra(power line, air conditioners, refrigerators) is primitive. It wasn't until after Zetsu/Kaguya were stopped and the time skip that we are shown a type of Industrial/Technological Revolution.

And how long will what is happening now last. Will people continue to use chakra plus tech or will technology overtake the use of chakra or vice-versa? Look at the real world - very few countries rely on horseback. Even in my area, the Amish don't rely on horse and buggy like they used to during the non-Winter months.

paka - It begs a question though. Does that mean that the Toad don't have any 'Village Loyalty/Morality Restrictions'. For example, Naruto for whatever reason decides to use the Toads as part of a plan to turn Kohona into another Bloody Mist. Would the Toads be able to refuse to help something that horrible and vile or would they have to go along with it because of whatever conditions are in the Summon Contract.

Another possibility is that what we are being shown is NOT a Toad Summon but a FROG Summon. The Toad Summons we know about have nothing good to say about Frogs. So maybe there are Frog Summons and they are not as benevolent/helpful as the Toads.

Posted Image

#10 xMareBearx

xMareBearx

Spirit of the Bear

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWherever my food tasting brings me

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

I am not quite sure if I will keep on reading the manga since I am not able to move past the fact that it's kinda too different from the Naruto series... 

However, I do hope that this whole ninja tech thing won't take chakra skills completely away. I actually hope it disappears from ninja's use of it and only used to showcase how ennemies might use it or how it cannot compare to actual learned jutsu. 

• KUROkami likes this

#11 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

paka - It begs a question though. Does that mean that the Toad don't have any 'Village Loyalty/Morality Restrictions'. For example, Naruto for whatever reason decides to use the Toads as part of a plan to turn Kohona into another Bloody Mist. Would the Toads be able to refuse to help something that horrible and vile or would they have to go along with it because of whatever conditions are in the Summon Contract.

Another possibility is that what we are being shown is NOT a Toad Summon but a FROG Summon. The Toad Summons we know about have nothing good to say about Frogs. So maybe there are Frog Summons and they are not as benevolent/helpful as the Toads.

The toad summon looks legit/similar... it's in sage-mode for one - though there are snakes doing the same - so might not be strong point towards the argument

Wiki

"It should be noted that anyone can summon a contracted animal as long as they have the blood of someone who has made a contract, the seal of the summoned creature and a source of sufficient chakra that the summon will accept. A creature is capable of determining who is attempting to summon it from the chakra used"

This ^^ might add to the argument - Jiraiya illegitimate child

Possibilities

1. Gamamaru - If he sees it coming then you practically invited - at least that's what I got from it - his role seems to be intervening when the whole ninja world is under threat... he might have met Kashin Koji before and allowed support from the toads
  2. Kashin Koji - is he evil or good? - think he is good and will most likely play a Jiraiya role or Itachi... he's already shown he has no loyalty towards the new group. If he ends up taking Boruto under his wing - then we'll have a confirmation of his role... similar to Jiraiya. if he chooses to work in the background and is evil, an argument can be made for Tobi like role - if background and good then Itachi... :unsure:  Either way he's the best person with knowledge to help/train Boruto and the current situation would be ideal for such an agreement.
  3. "Village Loyalty/Morality Restrictions" - This is why I'm leaning to him being good - another way to look at it would be Gamamaru sees his role towards success in stopping the threat. problem is once the toad are under contract they must do the bidding of the summoner. See Jiraiya/Pain fight - summoner decision seems final though might be the wrong one. Morality might play a role before signing the contract but not after
  4. NOT a Toad Summon but a FROG Summon - not likely but possible - like a rogue side of the toads we didn't know much about... though given Naruto history, it would be improbable to introduce a new summoning group (Nue is not new  :) )

Note: Kashin Koji seems to know the old timers to where he can ask for their help/loyalty... what do they know? He also seems to rely less on the ninja tech - good points - too many questions... if he notices Sarada's outfit - will confirm he is Jiraiya  :heehee: :charm: :perv: 

It's all speculation though - we should learn more on the next chapter to answer most of these questions

• YoWid likes this

:kakashi:  We back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users