Photo

[Group] Straw Hat Pirates

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Lets see the popularity rankings (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Who are your favourite Straw Hat pirates pick 3

1. Monkey D. Luffy (21 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. Roronoa Zoro (19 votes [19.19%])

Percentage of vote: 19.19%

3. Nami (9 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Ussop (5 votes [5.05%])

Percentage of vote: 5.05%

5. Vinsmoke Sanji (13 votes [13.13%])

Percentage of vote: 13.13%

6. Tony Tony Chopper (3 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

7. Nico Robin (10 votes [10.10%])

Percentage of vote: 10.10%

8. Cutty Flam Franky (6 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

9. Brook (13 votes [13.13%])

Percentage of vote: 13.13%

Who are your favourite Straw Hat Fleet pirates, pick 2

1. Cavendish (18 votes [24.66%])

Percentage of vote: 24.66%

2. Bartolomeo (28 votes [38.36%])

Percentage of vote: 38.36%

3. Sai (10 votes [13.70%])

Percentage of vote: 13.70%

4. Ideo (4 votes [5.48%])

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

5. Leo (3 votes [4.11%])

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

6. Hajrudin (8 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

7. Orlumbus (2 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

I feel like you’re trying too hard to categorize everything.

Edited by Chillman, 04 April 2018 - 08:23 AM.

• Abaroxa likes this

#22 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

^ I feel the same way :hai:

but I am trying to find Oda's pattern because even with all this new formulas Oda has been experimenting post-ts he wont break from "the" pattern he has because even when we try we can't make break away from our instincts. You see, humans are unnatural because nature and life natural order is disorder and we incline towards order.

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,423 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

^ I feel the same way :hai:

but I am trying to find Oda's pattern because even with all this new formulas Oda has been experimenting post-ts he wont break from "the" pattern he has because even when we try we can't make break away from our instincts. You see, humans are unnatural because nature and life natural order is disorder and we incline towards order.

Couldnt be further from the truth. Nature is where the only true order exists.

But i have to agree you are looking for paterns way too much you will drive yourself mad. If you dont believe me look at how many fan theories are blown out of the water every year-
Every last chapter of a volume luffy usually....WRONG
Every 100 chapters oda....WRONG!!!!
Because of the boy girl boyboy pattern monet will be the next NN.....WRONG!!!

Honestly trying to find patterns in OP is the same as those guys who read through the bible pull out a bunch of numbers and say the world is going to end in 3 months. "Luffy said he wanted a crew of 10 guys, minus the number of women in the crew times the number of warlords in OP so far, times the number of playing cards in a deck divided by the number of admirals....oh my god.... op will end on chapter 1525.3" the most shocking part of that math, is if you multiply that number by the number of good arc since the TS, then multiply that by the number of fucks i give about sanji, then multiply that by the number of female NN since the TS, you get the exact number of long time readers who dont think OP quality has decressed greatly over the years.

Seriously though, i doubt any patterns you notice are intentional. Oda has set ways he does his arc typically but even those he can break.
I mean.... back in TB when fans were starting to complain about how all arc are cut and paste, did you think we would very soon split up the sh crew and follow just luffy for 60ish chapters?
  • Abaroxa and Chillman like this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#24 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:24 AM

Still wondering whether the Wano SHs actually already arrived at Wano and fought the samurai/ninja and /or Kaidous forces there. For Usoop, Frany and Robin Wano might be the arc where they become far tankier than they were at Zou / DR. Especially Robin has a lot of physical stats to gain, since so far she seems to be pretty easily overcome. Her attacks dont strike me as powerful either, her having to fight beasts who r tanky and brawler stlye might really add to her strength. Same with the other 2.

#25 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:52 AM

Still wondering whether the Wano SHs actually already arrived at Wano and fought the samurai/ninja and /or Kaidous forces there. For Usoop, Frany and Robin Wano might be the arc where they become far tankier than they were at Zou / DR. Especially Robin has a lot of physical stats to gain, since so far she seems to be pretty easily overcome. Her attacks dont strike me as powerful either, her having to fight beasts who r tanky and brawler stlye might really add to her strength. Same with the other 2.

I know this is not a game but I feel like usopp, nami and robin are stuck at being support characters. I know haki is not everything but with their physical attributes there isn't much they can do against the beasts that are to come in future arcs. Maybe ussop can do something since he is a trickster and explores different scenarios and his opponents weaknesses in order to win but other than that their gap from vice admirals are still too far for me to accept them getting into that level in a solo arc.

Edited by Abaroxa, 09 April 2018 - 03:53 AM.

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:31 AM

I know haki is not everything but with their physical attributes there isn't much they can do against the beasts that are to come in future arcs.

Haki and physicality are two different things

but other than that their gap from vice admirals are still too far for me to accept them getting into that level in a solo arc.

What have Vice Admirals ever done to show they are far stronger than Nami and Robin? Close combat, yeah, Vergo would destroy them but fights aren't just close combat and Nami doesn't really fight mainly with close combat anw and Robin is all about overwhelming with sheer number of limbs to lock down opponent.

Nami could help Luffy vs Cracker as well as lightning BM (starving and weakened she is, still much stronger than most VAs we have seen fighting), Robin can intercept Gear 2 and Jinbe. The have enough reaction speed feat to fight VAs and their arsenal can come around the gap in close combat if smartly used and both Nami and Robin aren't stupid characters.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#27 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

Haki and physicality are two different things

I know they are different thats why I said its not everything. But to fight a haki user you either have haki, an over the top physical body, a df or a big weapon.

What have Vice Admirals ever done to show they are far stronger than Nami and Robin? Close combat, yeah, Vergo would destroy them but fights aren't just close combat and Nami doesn't really fight mainly with close combat anw and Robin is all about overwhelming with sheer number of limbs to lock down opponent.

During MF Luffy did not defeat a single vice admiral (excluding one giant). I am sure that to defeat them he would need to go all out the same way he did with rob lucci. All the vice admiral had roushoki and haki and I like to view, at least the weak ones, on the same level of luffy during MF. I can't see current Nami or Usopp defeating MF Luffy. MF was impressive and if vices are on this level then they are also impressive.

Nami could help Luffy vs Cracker as well as lightning BM (starving and weakened she is, still much stronger than most VAs we have seen fighting), Robin can intercept Gear 2 and Jinbe. The have enough reaction speed feat to fight VAs and their arsenal can come around the gap in close combat if smartly used and both Nami and Robin aren't stupid characters.

Thats why I said support. I want more than support. There will be a time where they will have to fight alone. right?

Robin is a stretch as I really don't know what she is capable. She can catch fast people and thats it. Maybe she will show something in the upcoming wano arc.

Hope Vivi return to the SH.
If they kill cobra, the tontattas can take her to luffy who will obviously take her with open arms.

Edited by Abaroxa, 27 April 2018 - 09:08 AM.

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

I know they are different thats why I said its not everything.

But to fight a haki user you either have haki, an over the top physical body, a df or a big weapon.

Then why would you think their physical attributes mean they can't do much?

Or great skill and deadly weapon. Robin, Nami and Usopp have these. Robin also has DF

During MF Luffy did not defeat a single vice admiral (excluding one giant)

So? It's not like he fought them for long. They only had one exchange where Luffy was already on the verge of his health collapsing after Iva's first hormone treat. The War has Luffy jumping to different opponents every few minutes. It's not that he didn't defeat them because he couldn't, he didn't because he didn't really fight them to the end. So there's no telling about VAs level at that point besides...they are not fodders.

That giant is VA?

All the vice admiral had roushoki

and haki

Where is that said?

Yeah, simply having it means nothing. Amazon Lily has a bunch of Haki users, too. See how pre-TSLuffy deals with their no.2s

I like to view, at least the weak ones, on the same level of luffy during MF

Your liking is irrelevant

I can't see current Nami or Usopp defeating MF Luffy. MF was impressive and if vices are on this level then they are also impressive.

MFLuffy is as strong as starving BM (his immunity to lightning aside)?

And by your own logic, that's not possible. Nami could beat Wanda who is Carrot's superior who in turn can dodge Zolo and counter attack.

Thats why I said support. I want more than support. There will be a time where they will have to fight alone. right?

You didn't read my second sentence?

#29 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

That giant is VA?

No, only giant to date of VA rank was Saul. Giants ar MF were HQ giant squad. So at best like giants at EL.

Edited by D.Hyuga, 28 April 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

No, only giant to date of VA rank was Saul. Giants ar MF were HQ giant squad. So at best like giants at EL.

John Giant, Ronse and Lacroix are all giant VAs.

#31 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

John Giant, Ronse and Lacroix are all giant VAs.

Ok. 2. half of my post is correct.

#32 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Ok. 2. half of my post is correct.

what 2?

more like third

#33 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:12 AM

Then why would you think their physical attributes mean they can't do much?

Or great skill and deadly weapon. Robin, Nami and Usopp have these. Robin also has DF

Its not that I think their physical strength alone can't do anything. I believe their physical strength on top of their skills still leaves a lot to be desired.

Where is that said?

Yeah, simply having it means nothing. Amazon Lily has a bunch of Haki users, too. See how pre-TSLuffy deals with their no.2s

All the VA luffy clashed with had at least 2 or 3 techniques of the rokushiki. Not all 6 but some of them which is still impressive.
When coby woke up after the MF war the doctor told him all VA use haki and then told him to go see garp.

Haki is not everything. True. Those kuja warriors are just another bunch of strong fodders that Oda has been holding on for the EOS.
Haki on top of nothing will do a mini boost or almost nothing but we are talking about VA admirals with good physical attributes, mastery over their df, swordmen, martial artists and rokushiki users. Luffy with haki alone went from using all of his skills plus the help of all the SH in defeating a pacifista to one shotting a pacifista.
Imagine if lucci comes back with haki?..

Your liking is irrelevant

My EGO seems to disagree.

And by your own logic, that's not possible. Nami could beat Wanda who is Carrot's superior who in turn can dodge Zolo and counter attack.

I have to admit I was impressed with nami defeating wanda but then again that was after wanda fought for 5 days and was probably exhausted from all that crucify and chill. I will not take credit away from nami though.
Nami was helpful agaisnt cracker and disabling one of BM strongest homies. The thunder on the other hand did nothing. The only thing it did was a massive hole on the floor that made BM fall into it. When BM left the hole she had zero scraps or any other signs of damage.

You didn't read my second sentence?

Yes, I did choose to ignore your second sentence. Robin does have feats such as stopping hakuba with zero effort but nami doesn't have any feats. One thing I can say now after chapter 903. Usopp skills and weapons are the union of tools he has come across during his grand line voyage. Nami on the other end heavily depends on usopp creations which in turn she can use onepiece science. With the raid suit that Sanji received I can see usopp and frankie reverse engineering the suit so the most vulnerable crew members get a proper armor for the monster to come.
Either way Sanji will mostly benefit the most with this suit given how the suit is most likely a device to channel the genetically modified body of his to use his diable jamble to the fullest extent without any repercussions. Something like cyclops from Xmen. ( got side tracked here)

#34 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:26 AM

Its not that I think their physical strength alone can't do anything. I believe their physical strength on top of their skills still leaves a lot to be desired.

You didn't say skills, you said haki but okay.

All the VA luffy clashed with had at least 2 or 3 techniques of the rokushiki. Not all 6 but some of them which is still impressive.

You're aware Kalifa knows all 6 and she was defeated by Nami and would be fodder now (her post-TS self is another matter)? The VAs would have higher Douriki but Nami is also much stronger back then

When coby woke up after the MF war the doctor told him all VA use haki and then told him to go see garp.

I know, but that matters how?

that Oda has been holding on for the EOS.

Said...headcanon? Fact remains that preTSLuffy beat Amazon Lily's no.2 and 3.

Haki on top of nothing will do a mini boost or almost nothing

Depends on mastery

but we are talking about VA admirals with good physical attributes, mastery over their df, swordmen

Except Smoker which VAs showed mastery over DF? And simply being swordsmen doesn't mean anything. Good physical attributes? Besides Vergo and Smoker I don't recall any feat for that.

Luffy with haki alone went from using all of his skills plus the help of all the SH in defeating a pacifista to one shotting a pacifista.

Because he has good CoA.

Imagine if lucci comes back with haki?..

Vergo?

My EGO seems to disagree.

That is irrelevant, too.

I have to admit I was impressed with nami defeating wanda but then again that was after wanda fought for 5 days and was probably exhausted from all that crucify and chill. I will not take credit away from nami though.

Wanda didn't fight for 5 days. They took turns every 12 hours.

Wanda was crucified? It's only the gas.

The thunder on the other hand did nothing. The only thing it did was a massive hole on the floor that made BM fall into it. When BM left the hole she had zero scraps or any other signs of damage.

Don't conveniently miss ''starving BM''.

Robin does have feats such as stopping hakuba with zero effort

No, she intercepted Gear2Luffy and Jinbe with ease.

but nami doesn't have any feats

Because for 903 chapters she has not fought once and that you just admitted she did plenty supporting?...there's no difference between support and 1vs1 in this case in terms of feat.

#35 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:49 AM

You're aware Kalifa knows all 6 and she was defeated by Nami and would be fodder now (her post-TS self is another matter)? The VAs would have higher Douriki but Nami is also much stronger back then

Wanda didn't fight for 5 days. They took turns every 12 hours.

Wanda was crucified? It's only the gas.

Because for 903 chapters she has not fought once and that you just admitted she did plenty supporting?...there's no difference between support and 1vs1 in this case in terms of feat.

true

Wanda wasn't crucified. It was a joke on chap 810 around page 10.

Ever since nami got into the new world she has done support work that hasn't been impressive at all and beat wanda. What else?
She has mild feats, I'm simply not impressed with her. Hopefully wano will change my mind.
The truth is that all the SH were represented as above fodder when they set foot on EL but that doesn't change the fact that I want to see more.
The new world is the place where luffy can lose to monet, sugar and CC if is not careful. The same logic applies to the SH. I won't deny that they are smart and have skills most do not expect but I still want them to have their own 1v1.

Don't conveniently miss ''starving BM''.

Luffy split up from SH to go fight katakuri in the mirror world a little before 3pm. BM was chasing them and was hit by the thunder a little before luffy left. So are you telling me that BM was starving after 4 hours (since at 12am Luffy crashed the party and the tea party began at 10am) of no eating. She was starving by the end of the day but when she got hit by the thunder she was simply in rampage mode.

No, she intercepted Gear2Luffy and Jinbe with ease.

Robin... even though she isn't the fighting type she has feats for days. But the hakuba or pushing the sunny are the best ones. Intercepting luffy and jimbe wasn't the special specially when you realise it wasn't her, it was a clone.

Said...headcanon? Fact remains that preTSLuffy beat Amazon Lily's no.2 and 3.

Depends on mastery

Oh yeah.. They lost to pre-ts g2g3 luffy. Totally forgot about that.
That just shows their mastery of haki is low.
That's why the boa would lose in a battle against DD if they ever went to war. Her best two lost to pre ts luffy when I am sure none of DDs executives would lose to pre ts luffy.

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:19 PM

Ever since nami got into the new world she has done support work that hasn't been impressive at all and beat wanda. What else?

For the umteenth time, It doesn't matter if it's support or 1vs1. Feats are feats. I don't need to give you anything ELSE. Nami's feats are there, supporting or not.

She has mild feats, I'm simply not impressed with her. Hopefully wano will change my mind.
The truth is that all the SH were represented as above fodder when they set foot on EL but that doesn't change the fact that I want to see more.
The new world is the place where luffy can lose to monet, sugar and CC if is not careful. The same logic applies to the SH. I won't deny that they are smart and have skills most do not expect but I still want them to have their own 1v1.

So? Haxes are haxes, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that Luffy is still levels above them. And it's not like you know VAs have haxes like that either.

Luffy split up from SH to go fight katakuri in the mirror world a little before 3pm. BM was chasing them and was hit by the thunder a little before luffy left. So are you telling me that BM was starving after 4 hours (since at 12am Luffy crashed the party and the tea party began at 10am) of no eating. She was starving by the end of the day but when she got hit by the thunder she was simply in rampage mode.

...I'm talking about that ''end of the day'' BM in the first place...

Robin... even though she isn't the fighting type she has feats for days. But the hakuba or pushing the sunny are the best ones. Intercepting luffy and jimbe wasn't the special specially when you realise it wasn't her, it was a clone.

The point is she can perceive action at that speed and intercept. The means do not matter precisely because of her DF nature.

Catching Hakuba is not really a good feat because the distance is far and she didn't catch him mid-way. She put the ''net'' near her so he got in. It's the hit version of aimdodging.

#37 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:29 AM

For the umteenth time, It doesn't matter if it's support or 1vs1. Feats are feats. I don't need to give you anything ELSE. Nami's feats are there, supporting or not.

So? Haxes are haxes, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that Luffy is still levels above them. And it's not like you know VAs have haxes like that either.

These two points . . .
When nami does support work, she doesn't display her full potential nor a correct display of her capabilities. In other words, its hard to grasp her "power level".
While supporting she will use her hoaxes to disrupt an other battle in favor of her friends. This is nothing to me specially when during the cracker fight all she did was make it rain. I am not discrediting her, just saying those feats are unimpressive and shouldn't be called feats.
Its like being impressed with zoro cutting a ship. Once you see him and law cutting mountains it becomes a lesser feat if anything at all.
If during the cracker fight she was more active that just creating rain then it would be a different story.

MS luffy is fodder to starving BM. You can take an harm and a leg from her and she still beats MF luffy with ease.
My original point is that nami and usopp can't beat MF luffy without an hoax.
You compared wanda to MF luffy just because she is carrot superior and in turn carrot dodged the sword of almighty zoro. 1st we don't know if zoro as it is (no hat) is always above MF luffy. 2nd just because wanda is a superior of carrot, it doesn't mean carrot is weaker as they can be equals or wanda physically stronger while carrot is just faster.

You right about robin.

#38 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

These two points . . .
When nami does support work, she doesn't display her full potential nor a correct display of her capabilities. In other words, its hard to grasp her "power level".

Doesn't matter. Her capabilities' full extent is irrelevant. Her reaction speed allows her to fight VAs, as their current feats stand.

While supporting she will use her hoaxes to disrupt an other battle in favor of her friends. This is nothing to me specially when during the cracker fight all she did was make it rain.

I am not discrediting her, just saying those feats are unimpressive and shouldn't be called feats. Its like being impressed with zoro cutting a ship. Once you see him and law cutting mountains it becomes a lesser feat if anything at all.
If during the cracker fight she was more active that just creating rain then it would be a different story.

You don't matter. It's the VAs.

Just because it's not impressive by certain standard it shouldn't be what it is? A pig is still a pig, doesn't matter if it's not as fat as other pigs. Cutting a ship is still a feat, just not impressive by current standard but thank Enel-sama, Vice Admirals do not set the bar very high LOL

You compared wanda to MF luffy just because she is carrot superior and in turn carrot dodged the sword of almighty zoro. 1st we don't know if zoro as it is (no hat) is always above MF luffy. 2nd just because wanda is a superior of carrot, it doesn't mean carrot is weaker as they can be equals or wanda physically stronger while carrot is just faster.

No, I compared them because that's the logic you used. Be aware of your own argument!

I like to view, at least the weak ones, on the same level of luffy during MF. I can't see current Nami or Usopp defeating MF Luffy. MF was impressive and if vices are on this level then they are also impressive.

You like to view VAs as Luffy's equal just because they have a super short exchange and Luffy was tired no less (he just recovered from a terrible tiptoing-on-death situation due to Magellan's poison thanks to Iva,d fought his way to MF and his strength gave out and he needed a second dose of hormone).

Then I like to view Wanda as superior to Carrot cause she's indeed Carrot's senior and Carrot as Zolo's opponent cause they also has a super short exchange that Carrot came out NOT looking inferior at all and I also don't really care if Wanda is weakened by the gas.

You can't see Nami or Usopp beating MFLuffy which is...not sure, whereas I can't see MFLuffy beating Zolo either and that's an astronomically more likely possibility.

#39 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

Let's just agree to disagree until new facts are presented :kakashi:

#40 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip