Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,192 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:58 PM

Surprised nobody jumped on this here but today/yesterday on Twitter, Mashima came out an announced that he is currently developing 2 spin-off manga with one being a sequel to the main manga, and he also drew and posted this picture of an adult Natsu and Happy the day before he announced this news (He also revealed that the final season of the anime will air this fall and that his brand new manga will be starting in June)

DZ3RlqmUQAEpxT4.jpg

Despite how bad the last arc was, I think we all were especially disappointed with the final chapter/epilogue because of how anti-climactic and unsatisfying it was (Especially since a lot of us if not everyone was really looking forward to see the next generation of FT as well as seeing who ended up with who), so personally I for one am glad that this is happening (Especially because I wanted to actually see those drawings of what could have been Natsu's daughter and Gray's son actually come to life and be canon)....Who knows, maybe these two new series will bring back the quality that existed before the timeskip came about

Edited by Tokoya, 05 April 2018 - 11:06 PM.

• azer_moli, Raiden, Shin and 3 others like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

I didn't think there would be a sequel. It felt a bit like Mashima burnt himself out on this series given how it ended, but I guess he does still enjoy it a lot given all the art he still posts with FT characters. Surprisingly, while I also found the last arc frustrating I didn't mind the end. With them going off on the 100 Year Quest. It felt like the series was saying goodbye but also returning a bit to the feel early arcs where the main group went on quests for the guild, which were my favorite part of the series. Natsu trying to work his way up to S-Class. When they got away from that is when I felt the series started to dip. 

Maybe if this is a proper sequel we will get more of that "questing for the guild" feeling, but with a new generation. After a while every arc turned into a big "save the world" type of where it always felt like the siuation got resolved the same way. It started to feel extremely repetitive. I know doing creative arcs is tough and doing more generic bad guy/save the world ones are easier as you just rotate in a new group of bad guys to fill in for the ones that just got defeated, but I hope if this is a proper sequel it will focus more on questing. 

That being said this might just be a short series that is meant to run along side the anime to help promote it too. So maybe it won't last that long? Guess we will have to wait and see. 

• Raiden and Fenrix like this

#3 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

https://youtu.be/oymAApEbIho

#4 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

I'm really looking forward to it. 

Though Natsu as a new Gildartz probably leaves Lucy very lonely. We'll see~ 

#5 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

I thought the pairs were very well established by the end of Ft...

Also, what's the point in continuing? Natsu is literally the strongest mage ever...

And I was hoping for an hentai sequel hehehe

• Chillman likes this

#6 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Even though I was disappointed by the ending, I still look forward to this sequel! I really did enjoy FT the most whenever the story mostly focused on their job requests. Not a fan of this adult Natsu look but I'm sure he's still the same goofball we know and love.

Also, puberty hit Happy hard  :lolxg:

Edited by Fenrix, 07 April 2018 - 01:55 PM.

• Chillman likes this

#7 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Can't wait when the first thing that comes out of Happy's mouth is something trolly.

#8 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

I didn't think there would be a sequel. It felt a bit like Mashima burnt himself out on this series given how it ended, . .

I believe its combination of a few other things. For one thing the editors. Their influence might have had something to do with it. One thing I'm thankful for is that Mashima didn't pitch Fairy Tail to Shuieshna.(Publisher for Naruto, Bleach, One Piece). I can only imagine how Erza, Wendy, and Lucy would have been like. . . Lucy would have been turned into a stereotypical tsundere who falls for the the worst possible choices in men. Erza becomes just another 'damsel in distress' for Natsu to save and Wendy would only have her original story arc then bee tossed 'onto the bus' never to be seen again.

I'm still amazed that One Piece's female cast is still decent compared to other Jump series.

The second thing is something story tellers rarely ever think of and something I realized for quite awhile - after figuring out how to start the story also figure out how to end it. Once both beginning and ending of the story is figured out and is satisfactory to the author, then the rest of the story can be written(which whole other discussion). I have a bunch of story ideas(fanfics and original) that I never bothered to attempt because I couldn't come up with a good ending. A lousy ending just pisses people off no matter how written the rest of the story is.

Edited by Graeystone, 07 April 2018 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

I'm really looking forward to it. 

Though Natsu as a new Gildartz probably leaves Lucy very lonely. We'll see~ 

psh you think natsu has the same kind of charm on the women that gildarts has? nahhh... 

Also, what's the point in continuing? Natsu is literally the strongest mage ever...

I mean there's all sorts of stuff we could see, kinda like with Boruto. More dragons some how appearing, more time travel, magic experiments gone wrong like with zeref. I'm not too worried about power levels yet. 

#10 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

psh you think natsu has the same kind of charm on the women that gildarts has? nahhh... 

I mean there's all sorts of stuff we could see, kinda like with Boruto. More dragons some how appearing, more time travel, magic experiments gone wrong like with zeref. I'm not too worried about power levels yet. 

What should have happened with Naruto - Minato and Kushina when they were young and growing up. Or perhaps the Sannin when they just graduated the Academy. Or Danzo and Hiruzen and what they went through during their youth that gradually made them the men they turned into as they became adults. Instead we literally got Naruto  Version 2.0 in terms of attitude. The only interesting thing about that series is Ninja Tech and how it will affect the Ninja World.

If there is going to be FT: Next Generation then the offspring should have their own personalities instead of just straight up copying their parents.

Posted Image

#11 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

Before Bleach.

#12 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Before Bleach.

And?

#13 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

Apparently, the sequel might not be drawn by Mashima... he just cooperates with it... If so, that would be terrible. I don't want to read another Boruto (that I already dropped of course). 

Jeez. Don't let people ruin your manga.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,192 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Apparently, the sequel might not be drawn by Mashima... he just cooperates with it... If so, that would be terrible. I don't want to read another Boruto (that I already dropped of course). 

In all fairness, FT was ruined a while ago lol

• Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

In all fairness, FT was ruined a while ago lol

Eh. It wasn't ruined nearly as bad as Bleach but I'd still like to see more of that lol

I don't mind this, depending on the artist. If it's like the guy who does the art for Boruto then we'll have a problem. But Mashima managed to get some good artists for the previous spinoff mangas.

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

#16 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

NO DRAGONS. ME NO READ!!!!!!!!

• Chillman likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#17 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

Idk, if it isn't being drawn by Mashima himself then that sucks  :mellow:

I prefer when the original mangaka creates all content, but I do acknowledge that the FT spin-offs were decent despite not being written or drawn by him either. Similar to BnHA's spinoff series Illegals.

I'll give the sequel a chance.

Edited by Fenrix, 17 April 2018 - 11:29 PM.

#18 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

First thought I had was "more Mashima art asdfghjkl"

If this isn't drawn by the Fanservice God I don't see myself interested.
  • azer_moli, Fulmine, D.Hyuga and 2 others like this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#19 Sovereign

Sovereign

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationStar Haven

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

Mashima sure doesn't give up does he.

First thought I had was "more Mashima art asdfghjkl"

If this isn't drawn by the Fanservice God I don't see myself interested.

I'm not really sure but I think he might draw the spin off? 

I'll probably see the first and second chapter art from the new artist. If it's tolerable, I'll probably read otherwise I'll just skip.

Edited by Sovereign, 11 May 2018 - 10:42 PM.

gray_fullbuster_by_darkangelmaik-d35f9vi

#20 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Money :rolleyes:

5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users