#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

New season, new thread...you guys know the deal by now.

What shows are you guys following this season?

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

- Nothing can stop me from watching Hinamatsuri.

- Stop giving me Steins;Spinoffs, damn you. Where is my Robotics;Notes epilogue?!

- I'll play Persona 5 on my own, thank you very much.

- ...ssomeday.

- I... guess I'll try Full Metal Panic. Because it was a thing, and I liked... the thing. 

Edited by Athos, 06 April 2018 - 07:52 PM.

samisig.jpg

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

Almost everything lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Best OP of the season is without a doubt between these two....Both of these are fucking amazing and I can't chose between them both :cry:

As for the shows, pretty much everything that I planned to watch has aired except for Golden Kamuy, and about 4 other shows and then 2 shows I wanna watch aren't subbed yet (Piano no Mori being one of them because fucking NETFLIX won't be simulcasting it until the Fall -_-) so with that in mind, I can say that as for first episodes my top 5 atm would be 

1. Legend of the Galactic Heroes

2. Megalo Box

3. 3D Kanojo 

4. Persona 5

5. Hinamatsuri

As for the sequel shows that has aired so far, none of them have disappointed either 

Edited by Tokoya, 08 April 2018 - 03:43 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:23 AM

I totally forgot P5 was airing this season thanks for reminding me. 

That said, I can't disagree with you more on that OP choice Toko. MHA's OP barely sounds like an OP at all, it's almost an ED. The middle sounds good, but a lot of the rest of the opening just doesn't match the visuals and doesn't seem to belong. 

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#6 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

Lupin III and Captain Tsubasa. 

Nostalgia~ 

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:14 PM

I totally forgot P5 was airing this season thanks for reminding me. 

That said, I can't disagree with you more on that OP choice Toko. MHA's OP barely sounds like an OP at all, it's almost an ED. The middle sounds good, but a lot of the rest of the opening just doesn't match the visuals and doesn't seem to belong. 

No problem buddy :kakashi:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

If you're not up to date with the manga then don't watch this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:54 PM

I'm not. That said someone overanalyzing what symbolism they think they found in an OP doesn't really change that the music and visuals don't match for the first half of the OP. The rest of it is fine.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

I'm not. That said someone overanalyzing what symbolism they think they found in an OP doesn't really change that the music and visuals don't match for the first half of the OP. The rest of it is fine.

It really isn't lol....I'm surprised that people still sleep on Bones after all this time. They have proved time and time again that they get this series at its core and that was more than evident last season especially

The OP's has been doing a great job of visual storytelling since season 1 and he goes over all of that in this video ( And the other ones too, because this isn't the first time he did this)

Part of the reason why I subbed to him is because of the fact that he's literally the only one in the YTAC that actually takes the time fully analyze an OP instead of just geeking out to the song itself and he has a lot of other great analysis vids as well

Edited by Tokoya, 22 April 2018 - 06:36 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

Why wasn't I aware there was a Lupin III part 5 out for a while now? Now I'm somehow both estatic and livid at the same time.

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#12 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

I'm back from vacation (did you guys miss me?) and finally caught up on most of what I was planning to watch.  

Hinamatsuri
This show is so wild and audacious and because of that it's absolutely hilarious. I love the style of comedy and it's characters have great chemistry with each other. As the most recent episode proved even when the main pair of Nitta and Hina are in the background the others can easily pull their comedic weight. Hitomi is probably the funniest character to me but Anzu is just precious, I totally want to adopt her if Nitta won't.

Doreiku
This show kind of lost me with that random dog thing. Even before that the central conceit is lacking some internal logic which is taking me out of the show. It still has narrative potential and the end of the episode was interesting so I'll watch a few more episodes but I may drop it if doesn't improve.  

Lupin III
I'm not surprised that the Marco Polo arc ended when it did because it didn't seem to have enough narrative potential to last the full season but I hope the next arc can be just as good because I really enjoyed it. I also hope we see Ami again somewhere down the line, she was a fun addition to the team.

Tada-kun Never Falls in Love
This was one of my most anticipated shows coming into the season but it's doing nothing for me right now. It's not so much bad as it is plain, predictable, and boring for me. I'll put it on hiatus for now and come back to it after some episodes have built up.

Gun Gale Online
I never really got into Sword Art Online back in the day, but I'm loving this show mostly because I absolutely love the Karen as a character. The action and strategy is also great and it probably helps that I have more experience playing shooters whereas I've rarely played MMORPG so I understand the game aspect much more.

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#13 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

So I finally picked up Steins;Gate 0, despite my complaints. I mean, ****, of course I'm gonna watch it. For crying out loud, the guy has been my avatar ever since Steins;Gate came out.

It's... honestly pretty fun. I was getting sick and tired of the spinoffs, OVAs and films that only leeched off the first series without actually changing anything, but this has... like... characters and stuff. It makes me very curious.

I'm also glad that Hinamatsuri is doing ok, because I wanna see some of those spectacular later chapters animated. I wouldn't say it's a perfect adaptation, but I'm plenty satisfied with what I've seen so far. Kudos.

Finally there's FMP, which is... kind of difficult to watch nowadays. Things like the female lead having this vague hidden power that makes her important, or the really bad cgi, the even worse music, or the unresolved sexual tension that must drag on forever. I don't think I want to keep going.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users