#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

New season, new thread...you guys know the deal by now.

What shows are you guys following this season?

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

- Nothing can stop me from watching Hinamatsuri.

- Stop giving me Steins;Spinoffs, damn you. Where is my Robotics;Notes epilogue?!

- I'll play Persona 5 on my own, thank you very much.

- ...ssomeday.

- I... guess I'll try Full Metal Panic. Because it was a thing, and I liked... the thing. 

Edited by Athos, 06 April 2018 - 07:52 PM.

samisig.jpg

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

Almost everything lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Best OP of the season is without a doubt between these two....Both of these are fucking amazing and I can't chose between them both :cry:

As for the shows, pretty much everything that I planned to watch has aired except for Golden Kamuy, and about 4 other shows and then 2 shows I wanna watch aren't subbed yet (Piano no Mori being one of them because fucking NETFLIX won't be simulcasting it until the Fall -_-) so with that in mind, I can say that as for first episodes my top 5 atm would be 

1. Legend of the Galactic Heroes

2. Megalo Box

3. 3D Kanojo 

4. Persona 5

5. Hinamatsuri

As for the sequel shows that has aired so far, none of them have disappointed either 

Edited by Tokoya, 08 April 2018 - 03:43 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,806 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:23 AM

I totally forgot P5 was airing this season thanks for reminding me. 

That said, I can't disagree with you more on that OP choice Toko. MHA's OP barely sounds like an OP at all, it's almost an ED. The middle sounds good, but a lot of the rest of the opening just doesn't match the visuals and doesn't seem to belong. 

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#6 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

Lupin III and Captain Tsubasa. 

Nostalgia~ 

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:14 PM

I totally forgot P5 was airing this season thanks for reminding me. 

That said, I can't disagree with you more on that OP choice Toko. MHA's OP barely sounds like an OP at all, it's almost an ED. The middle sounds good, but a lot of the rest of the opening just doesn't match the visuals and doesn't seem to belong. 

No problem buddy :kakashi:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

If you're not up to date with the manga then don't watch this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,806 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:54 PM

I'm not. That said someone overanalyzing what symbolism they think they found in an OP doesn't really change that the music and visuals don't match for the first half of the OP. The rest of it is fine.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

I'm not. That said someone overanalyzing what symbolism they think they found in an OP doesn't really change that the music and visuals don't match for the first half of the OP. The rest of it is fine.

It really isn't lol....I'm surprised that people still sleep on Bones after all this time. They have proved time and time again that they get this series at its core and that was more than evident last season especially

The OP's has been doing a great job of visual storytelling since season 1 and he goes over all of that in this video ( And the other ones too, because this isn't the first time he did this)

Part of the reason why I subbed to him is because of the fact that he's literally the only one in the YTAC that actually takes the time fully analyze an OP instead of just geeking out to the song itself and he has a lot of other great analysis vids as well

Edited by Tokoya, 22 April 2018 - 06:36 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

Why wasn't I aware there was a Lupin III part 5 out for a while now? Now I'm somehow both estatic and livid at the same time.

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#12 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

I'm back from vacation (did you guys miss me?) and finally caught up on most of what I was planning to watch.  

Hinamatsuri
This show is so wild and audacious and because of that it's absolutely hilarious. I love the style of comedy and it's characters have great chemistry with each other. As the most recent episode proved even when the main pair of Nitta and Hina are in the background the others can easily pull their comedic weight. Hitomi is probably the funniest character to me but Anzu is just precious, I totally want to adopt her if Nitta won't.

Doreiku
This show kind of lost me with that random dog thing. Even before that the central conceit is lacking some internal logic which is taking me out of the show. It still has narrative potential and the end of the episode was interesting so I'll watch a few more episodes but I may drop it if doesn't improve.  

Lupin III
I'm not surprised that the Marco Polo arc ended when it did because it didn't seem to have enough narrative potential to last the full season but I hope the next arc can be just as good because I really enjoyed it. I also hope we see Ami again somewhere down the line, she was a fun addition to the team.

Tada-kun Never Falls in Love
This was one of my most anticipated shows coming into the season but it's doing nothing for me right now. It's not so much bad as it is plain, predictable, and boring for me. I'll put it on hiatus for now and come back to it after some episodes have built up.

Gun Gale Online
I never really got into Sword Art Online back in the day, but I'm loving this show mostly because I absolutely love the Karen as a character. The action and strategy is also great and it probably helps that I have more experience playing shooters whereas I've rarely played MMORPG so I understand the game aspect much more.

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#13 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

So I finally picked up Steins;Gate 0, despite my complaints. I mean, ****, of course I'm gonna watch it. For crying out loud, the guy has been my avatar ever since Steins;Gate came out.

It's... honestly pretty fun. I was getting sick and tired of the spinoffs, OVAs and films that only leeched off the first series without actually changing anything, but this has... like... characters and stuff. It makes me very curious.

I'm also glad that Hinamatsuri is doing ok, because I wanna see some of those spectacular later chapters animated. I wouldn't say it's a perfect adaptation, but I'm plenty satisfied with what I've seen so far. Kudos.

Finally there's FMP, which is... kind of difficult to watch nowadays. Things like the female lead having this vague hidden power that makes her important, or the really bad cgi, the even worse music, or the unresolved sexual tension that must drag on forever. I don't think I want to keep going.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

#14 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Hinamatsuri
Maybe it's because this show is mainly focused on comedy but I was not ready for the feels of episode six :cry: ....Even with the Summer and Autumn seasons still to come I already know Anzu is going to be one of the best girls of the year for me. Even Hina is starting to grow on me after she's matured a bit the last couple of episodes. The side characters continue to be a fun addition to the show with Mami being to most recent example. Also I could be wrong about this but doesn't Hitomi already know about Hina's powers from when they went to host club earlier?

Gun Gale Online
I really didn't see the reveal of Pito being a homicidal maniac with a death wish coming and honestly I'm still not sure how I feel about that. On one hand it creates real tension in the plot since there's otherwise there's no meaningful stakes if Karen loses but on the other hand this makes Pito almost Junko Enoshima levels of crazy which creates some narrative dissonance. Regardless I'm still really excited for SJ2 though I wish Karen had a bigger squad with her to even things out; also please tell me Miyu has another gun with her that's not a grenade launcher.

Steins;Gate 0
As is the case with all sequels I was pretty apprehensive about this series initially but it's turning out to be better than I thought it would. Granted the most recent episode was the weakest one so far but I'm hoping that's more of an exception than a sign of things to come. Also I'm having a lot easier time predicting what's going to happen in the show then I was with the original which is taking some of the suspense out but there's still plenty of time for the show to pull some surprises out of the plot.

Lupin III
It's a lot more slow moving than the Marco Polo but this second arc is off to a pretty good start. The characters are as fun as always though I'm still hoping we reunite with Ami before the season ends.

Real Girl
This show is all around pretty decent; I like mostly all of the characters but using miscommunications to drive the plot is one of my pet peeves in slice of life anime and this show lives off that. Also I can't help comparing it to another otaku-centric romance airing this season which leaves this feeling underwhelming as a result. Still I'm enjoying it for what it is,

Umamusume: Pretty Derby
It's probably weird for me to be the one to say this because I was pretty harsh on this show during it's premiere for it's seemingly ridiculous premise but this is a really solid sports anime all things considered. I find myself engaged in the characters story-lines and invested in the results of each race in ways I didn't expect. This season is really good overall tbh.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#15 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

Only one more episode of Hinamatsuri and I'm really going to miss this show once it ends, I never imagined this show would be such a strong contender for anime of the season for me. Anzu is officially one of my favorite characters now.
I'm behind on some other shows thanks to the World Cup but I'll catch up soon. 

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#16 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

They skipped a lot of chapters in Hinamatsuri, but the ones we do get turned out really great. I hope we go back to them if there's ever a season 2, but I'm just happy this turned out to be a nice adaptation.

As for Steins;Gate, it's... well, it's got some slow episodes. I think I like it better when we get Got-His-Shit-Together Okabe, rather than Angsty Okabe. I guess the whole point is to watch him get his confidence back, but... I dunno. Oh, well. I'm still having fun not knowing what happens next.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

#17 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

Spring 2018 Season Review

1. What anime did you watch this season?
2. Which show was the most underrated?
3. Which show was the most disappointing?
4. Favorite characters of the season? Best Boy? Best Girl?
5. OTP's of the season? (Whether canon or not)
6. Anime with the best animation?
7. Anime most in need of a sequel?
8. Best Slice of Life?
9. Best Anime Original?
10. Best Opening? Best Ending?
11. How does this season compare to Spring 2017 for you?
12. Anime of the Season?

• Kid Frost likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#18 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

There's still a couple of shows I need to finish before I make my list...the World Cup keeps getting in my way. :lol:

Edited by Kid Frost, 03 July 2018 - 07:47 AM.

• azer_moli likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#19 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

I'm typing this from the afterlife...that Japan game killed me. :facepalm:

1. What anime did you watch this season?

Darling in the FranXX
WotaKoi
Boku no Hero Academia S3
Megalo Box
Hinamatsuri
Real Girl
Steins;Gate 0
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby
Golden Kamuy
Lupin III Part V
Black Clover
Comic Girls
Katana Maidens
GeGeGe no Kitaro
Beatless
Record of Grandcrest War
Sword Art Online: Gun Gale Online

2. Which show was the most underrated?

Katana Maidens and Pretty Derby... I ended enjoying both way more than I would've thought possible when I first started.

3. Which show was the most disappointing?

Steins;Gate 0 especially relative to the hype I had before the season, I like it but I thought it would be my AOTS going in it didn't even make my top five (though to be fair some shows I loved came out of nowhere).

4. Favorite characters of the season? Best Boy? Best Girl?

Anzu (Hinamatsuri)
Hitomi (Hinamatsuri)
Kanami (Katana Maidens)
Sugimoto (Golden Kamuy)
Karen (Gun Gale Online)
Special Week (Pretty Derby)
Midoriya (BnHA)
All Might (BnHA)
Narumi (WotaKoi)
Hanako (WotaKoi)
Hirotaka (WotaKoi)

Anzu and Hirotaka are best girl and best boy respectively

5. OTP's of the season? (Whether canon or not)

Theo x Siluca (Record of Grandcrest War)
Hiro x Zero Two (Darling in the FranXX)
Okabe x Maho (Steins;Gate 0)
Iroha x Tsutusi (Real Girl)
Special Week x Silence Suzuka (Pretty Derby)
Kanami x Hiyori (Katana Maidens)
Kabakura x Hanako (WotaKoi)
Narumi x Hirotaka (WotaKoi)

6. Anime with the best animation?

Boku no Hero Academia / Darling in the FranXX

7. Anime most in need of a sequel?

Hinamatsuri / WotaKoi

8. Best Slice of Life?

WotaKoi / Comic Girls

9. Best Anime Original?

Darling in the FranXX

10. Best Opening? Best Ending?

OP = WotaKoi ; ED = Gun Gale Online and Lupin III Part V

11. How does this season compare to Spring 2017 for you?

Hmm last year we had...
Attack on Titan S2
Little Witch Academia
Boku no Hero Academia S2
Suka Suka
Grimiore of Zero
Danmachi: Sword Oratoria
Sakura Quest
Re:Creators
Tsuki Ga Kirei

This season is almost as good imo :shrug:

12. Anime of the Season?

My top five in order...
Boku no Hero Academia
Hinamatsuri
WotaKoi
Megalo Box
Golden Kamuy

Episode six of Hinamatsuri was definitely my favorite episode of any show I watched this season but in the end I have to give it AOTS to Boku no Hero Academia it continues to be great adaptation that improves upon the manga.

Edited by Kid Frost, 03 July 2018 - 07:49 AM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#20 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

I'm on vacation atm but I promise that I'll get this done by Friday

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users