Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,174 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

I'm alive now lol

1. What anime did you watch this season?

Too much anime lol

1. Hinamatsuri

2. Boku no Hero Academia S3

3. Golden Kamuy

4. Shokugeki no Souma S3

4. Basilisk S2

5. Persona 5 (But I dropped it)

6. Gundam Build Divers (But I put it on hold)

7. Captain Tsubassa

8. Piano no Mori

9. Juushinki Pandora

10. Lupin Part 5

11. Steins Gate 0

12. 3D Kanojo

13. Tada-kun

14. Amai Choubatsu

15. Beatless

16. Caligula (Dropped)

17. Cutie Honey (Dropped)

18. Dorei-kun The Animation

19. Legend of the Galactic Heroes Remake

20. Gurazeni

21. Grancest Senki

22. High School DxD  Hero

23. Lostrange Conflated Wixoss

24. Megalo Box

25. Mahou Shoujo Site

26. Nanatsu no Taizai S2

27. Saiki Kusuo S2

28. SAO Alternative: GGO

29. Dances with the Dragons

30. WotaKoi

31. Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu

32. Tokyo Ghoul Re

33. Comic Girls

34. Darling in the Franxx

35. Devil's Line

2. Which show was the most underrated?

Hinamatsuri....Didn't expect anything from this and it ended being the sleeper hit of the season

3. Which show was the most disappointing?

Persona 5....Heard so many great things about the game but the anime just wasn't doing it for me

4. Favorite characters of the season? Best Boy? Best Girl?

The entire cast of Hinamatsuri, Golden Kamui and WotaKoi are my favorites in general

Best Boy - Joe (Megalo Box), Sugimoto (Golden Kamuy), Yang Wen-Li (Legend of the Galactic Heroes), All Might (Boku no Hero Academia), Hirotaka and Kabakura (WotaKoi) Ijjuuin (Tada-kun)

Best Girl - Ashiripa (Golden Kamuy), Anzu (Hinamatsuri), Narumi (WotaKoi), Hanako (WotaKoi), Rias Gremory (DxD), Karen (SAO Alternative), Erina (Shokugeki no Souma), Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)

5. OTP's of the season? (Whether canon or not)

Too many to name lol but I'll pick 5 at random

Rias x Issei 

Hiro x Zero Two

Narumi x Hirotaka

Tada x Teresa

Siluca x Theo

6. Anime with the best animation?

Boku no Hero Academia S3/Hinamatsuri

7. Anime most in need of a sequel?

Excluding the ones that already have a confirmed sequel like LotGH and Golden Kamuy etc, Hinamatsuri and WotaKoi 

8. Best Slice of Life?

WotaKoi

9. Best Anime Original?

Megalo Box

10. Best Opening? Best Ending?

Best Opening

LotGH (Song) and WotaKoi (Visuals)

Best Ending

Lupin Part 5

11. How does this season compare to Spring 2017 for you?

Likewise with Winter, this Spring was a lot better than last year imo

12. Anime of the Season?

With Sequels (Boku no Hero Academia S3), Excluding Sequels (Megalo Box)

Edited by Tokoya, 07 July 2018 - 08:15 AM.

• Goddess Nike and Kid Frost like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Persona 5....Heard so many great things about the game but the anime just wasn't doing it for me
I mean the anime is clearly largely for people who played the game, or to try and get people to play the game, it's not really meant to be enjoyed on its own.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#23 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

Speaking as someone who hates spoilers and is waiting for P5 to be ported to the Switch, that makes no sense to me. If it's only for fans, then fine, but why would someone pay money to buy a game after already having watched an anime of its entire story? If it's a promotional anime, shouldn't it only cover like, half of it, and leave you wanting for more?

Sorry for ranting. I don't even know if either the anime or the game itself are any good. I'm just mad that I've had to avoid a lot of media for the past season because I want to play the game spoiler-free at some point.

Edited by Athos, 07 July 2018 - 06:51 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

#24 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,174 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:32 AM

Speaking as someone who hates spoilers and is waiting for P5 to be ported to the Switch, that makes no sense to me. If it's only for fans, then fine, but why would someone pay money to buy a game after already having watched an anime of its entire story? If it's a promotional anime, shouldn't it only cover like, half of it, and leave you wanting for more?

This is pretty much my stance on the matter @Spamamdorf, and what's worse is that it WILL be covering the entire story since it's 2 cour even, so if they just wanted me to "play the game" then that makes this anime even more of a complete waste of time than it already is

Edited by Tokoya, 08 July 2018 - 01:33 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#25 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

I think it's more the former than the latter. I don't think the primary purpose was to get people to play the game after the anime, that'd be largely a bonus and it's more for those who played it, both to buy the anime and to keep up interest as the inevitable spinoffs of the series will start coming out like they did for 4. That said, it's not as though story is the only thing in a game, and it's not as though things won't be glossed over. It's like reading the books after you've watched a show or a movie, you'll find things that weren't in there you might enjoy but in this case there's also all the gameplay. So I don't think it's an entirely wasted point. 

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#26 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

I guess... I mean, there is such a thing as movie-based videogames. It's not entirely unreasonable to watch the anime first and play the game later. It's baffling to me, yes, but it's not unreasonable.

After all is said and done, whether it's for the fans or because of the fans, it's just a way to make money out of the franchise. I can't fault them for that. I wouldn't... use this as an excuse for a bad adaptation? But like I said, I don't even know if the anime is good or bad. I just dislike its existence. On the basis that it's incovenient for me, who hasn't played the game yet.

Edited by Athos, 09 July 2018 - 09:45 AM.

samisig.jpg

#27 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

I mean that's fair I suppose, but like, clearly when a game takes a good 70-80 hours to beat and you give it 20ish episodes it's not like there's not going to be anything left in the game you know? 

iyzTKCh.jpg

#28 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:08 PM

Hm... 

I dunno. Even if every bit of those 80 hours are 100% fulfilling game content, I don't think we can use time as a measuring stick when it comes to something even partially spoilable. I mean, if someone tricked me into watching a 30 second video with every single highlight of Infinity War before I watched the movie, and then the guy came up and told me "Hey, no worries! The movie is like, 3 hours long, so it's fine!" I would punch him in the face.

That's unfair, of course. Plot has a lot more weight in films, while a videogame can easily make a name for itself on its gameplay alone. When it comes to Persona... I'd say it's around 40/60? There is a lot of dating and music and micro management involved, so it doesn't rely on its story as much as other visual novel games, but I'm sorry. I'd still be royally pissed if an important twist of the story were to be spoiled to me just because "the anime just ended". Probably enough to make me not wanna play it afterwards.

• SootKatt likes this

samisig.jpg

#29 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:46 AM

I suppose this is coming from a guy who had the Archer plot twist spoiled for him before playing FSN but I've found spoilers to affect me less over the years as I'm usually able to find something else I like about the game. I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I don't know that this wouldn't have been an issue for you already when the game was out is all. 

• SootKatt likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

#30 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

Oh. Psh. Yeah. Of course. I'm being incredibly unfair here. I don't have a PS4, so damn you all console-havers! Damn you for having played the game before me!

samisig.jpg

#31 SootKatt

SootKatt

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

I can kind of weigh in on both sides from personal and observational experience. I myself can just sit down and watch someone play through an entire game and then go and play it myself and not have my own playing experience become any less enjoyable for me. I can also watch/read lore or a series based on a game and be spoiled for everything and still have no problems. It's the same for series on television, film and to an extent novels and comics. However, my partner is the complete opposite and loses all interest in anything that's been spoiled for him regardless of how excited he was previously for whatever it was. I mean, I watched him play through a good chunk of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and then began my journey into it and as soon as I was in an area he hadn't discovered he had to go play another game with earphones on because the enemy themes were spoiling him. I think it's silly sometimes but then I realize that's only because I feel very differently, which is the same situation I have as I'm reading this discussion. I myself have watched him play about 40% if not more of Persona 5 already and I'll probably watch the anime before I ever even start the game just to see where it goes. However, I wouldn't expect him to want to sit in and I wouldn't discuss the content of the anime unless he wanted me to do so. So yeah, I can see where you're coming from with the Infinity War example based on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users