36 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

Use this thread for discussing the OMCB and asking any questions about the tournament you many have. The tournament schedule will be shown and updated in this thread as well as the character battle progresses. 

***2018 OMCB Schedule***

Spoiler Schedule

Link to the nominations thread - 2018 OneManga Character Battles Nominations Thread (Nominations are now closed)

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:18 AM

Where is the old thread a few days ago? I put my list in there now I forgot. Need to copy... :(

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

@Fulmine

You already put your list up, but here is the old thread anyway. Was in the conference room sub-forum. 

https://onemangaforu...tle-tournament/

• Fulmine likes this

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:05 AM

@Fulmine

You already put your list up, but here is the old thread anyway. Was in the conference room sub-forum. 

https://onemangaforu...tle-tournament/

Well, it's the new list of lesser known characters (not all of them though) :lol:  I saw the others nominated some pretty obscure or newly made characters so I thought why not.

#5 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

***Update***

Just wanted to let people know about the format of the tournament if they were curious. Since we ended up with 256 total characters Echo and I decided to break down the characters into four brackets of 64. Bracket A, B, C, and D. Round 1 of the OMCB will focus on cutting each of these brackets in half. So we have 4 characters in each poll with the top 2 from each poll advancing.  The polls for each Bracket will be open for one week each. Round 2 will operate the same but with 2 characters in each poll instead of 4. 

• Fulmine and Raiden like this

#6 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:54 AM

If there is something I'd like to add these polls is somekind of briefing about canditates (ok granted there are "quite" a lot of them). So perhaps when we are at second round? This is also why I haven't voted anyone at 6th group because I don't know any of them

Edited by Jekkusormi, 05 May 2018 - 03:55 AM.

17.jpg

#7 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

Darn I forgot to nominate.

Well atleast my daddy Katakuri is in there.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#8 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

If there is something I'd like to add these polls is somekind of briefing about canditates (ok granted there are "quite" a lot of them). So perhaps when we are at second round? This is also why I haven't voted anyone at 6th group because I don't know any of them

Yeah, 256 character descriptions along with the images of the characters would have been quite a lot, but maybe once we cut the numbers down to 128 or 64 then it could be a possibility. How detailed a briefing were you imagining? 

#9 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Yeah, 256 character descriptions along with the images of the characters would have been quite a lot, but maybe once we cut the numbers down to 128 or 64 then it could be a possibility. How detailed a briefing were you imagining?

Maybe some info about who the character is, what their personality is and 1 or 2 notable things they have done

17.jpg

#10 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

***Update***

I got Greg to bump the limit from 3 polls per thread to 4 polls per thread. So I'm going to try and do Brackets B and C both at the same time which would mean 8 threads for the week to get through both Brackets. Going to see how that works compared to the 6 threads we did for Bracket A. 

#11 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:39 AM

Awesome. Luck just isn't on my side this time, not only I had to choose between Hisoka and Thorkell but also Snufkin and Escanor

17.jpg

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:52 AM

Excuse me, third poll of bracket C group 1 is too unfair. What a Death Group...not even World Cup has this kind of BS...oh well, Hisoka fucks all!

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

***Update***

Okay, Round 1 will be finished later today and we will start on Round 2 with 128 characters left. The plan is to knockout all of Round 2 in one week since with 4 polls per thread we can condense all the matchups into just 8 total threads. We will still be doing the 4 characters per poll with the top 2 moving on just like in Round 1 and won't be reshuffling any of the matches yet too. So the two winners from a poll in Round 1 will meet the top 2 winners of another poll in Round 1 for Round 2.

Then after Round 2 we will have 64 characters left and that will begin the 1v1 matches per poll and we will be reshuffling the characters for that so we don't end up with a lot of the same matches we had in the first two rounds. That is the plan so far.

#14 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

***Update***

Since in the Round of 64 we will be reshuffling the mathcups it will take a little extra time to set up the threads. Also we are going to change the image and size of the images because the matches are 1v1 now instead of 4 characters per poll.

#15 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Well 6/15 out of my nomenees hot to 3rd round. I guess my taste is quite popular (maybe next time Moomin Papa and Snufkin, maybe next time)

Edited by Jekkusormi, 02 June 2018 - 07:06 AM.

17.jpg

#16 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

I have 3/13 left. Could be better :lol:

#17 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

I have 3/13 left. Could be better :lol:

I might be the only one but when I think about Joseph Jostar I think about the old version of him and his flawless engrish (which is a BIG reason I voted gor him)

Edited by Jekkusormi, 02 June 2018 - 01:11 PM.

17.jpg

#18 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

I might be the only one but when I think about Joseph Jostar I think about the old version of him and his flawless engrish (which is a BIG reason I voted gor him)

I always think about Joseph in his Pt. 3 appearance too ^^

• Jekkusormi likes this

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:48 PM

Can't remember how many I have left.

#20 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:41 AM

Only 2/15 (Nausicaä and Thorfinn) are left - guess my nominees weren't suited for the current mainstream or their best days are already behind them.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users