• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#21 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

This chapter felt off somehow...... I agree that this chapter and the RA’s introduced were very underwhelming. They dont really seem strong or interesting. I didn’t really care for Weavels introduction either but he was still waaay better then this. Idk im at a lost for words. I love Dragon but this isnt making me excited for the Revo army. Honestly I’ve never actually liked Kuma or Iva’s design either and never was too interesed in them as part of the revolutionary army so i guess thats a common theme with all of them, except Sabo i guess

Wait will the Reverie arc be a real arc?! Their definitely setting up like it is. I thought it would be a chapter at most of jus dialogue. But now its seeming like itll be an entire full arc of fightin and everything. I would love that tbh. Like a whole arc without luffy. Dont get me wrong I love luffy but it would be nice to see an arc not focused on him but rather on dragon and sabo.
[

I was initially excited when I read the chapter's title but the actual content did not really live up to it.

Maybe it was shorter than  usual. I think it would have been more exciting to introduce these new characters through Sabo and co instead of the generic heroes come to save a town from crying citizens. Oda pulled that off way better with Crocodile (who has been built up for 2 or 3 arcs before his reveal) and Coby because we already knew him.

I am under the impression that Oda intended to involve the straw hats with the whole Vinsmoke family being invited to Reverie but he literally brushed off that story element.  Introducing a plot point that won't have any consequences on the plot is uncharacteristic from Oda's prime. I feel there is a missed opportunity of setting an epic meeting between Luffy and Dragon, or Vivi, and Chopper meeting Kurehara. Instead of dragging to hell DR and WCI, he could have saved these chapter for Reverie which so far seems a lot more exciting.

Maybe Oda did not want to draw another MF type arc and it would have been too exhausting but I just feel there is definitely a missed opportunity for not having the MC involved in that arc.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 11 May 2018 - 10:50 AM.

#22 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Lindbergh's gun might be Oda's way of saying Lindbergh is, in some respects, a rival to Vegapunk. I think he's the only other person we've seen to replicate a DF power (which isn't easy to replicate)?

Good chapter, but I wish we saw some bounties. Wouldn't have cost Oda anything to reveal them now and show where the Revos stand among the powers of the world.

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lindbergh's gun might be Oda's way of saying Lindbergh is, in some respects, a rival to Vegapunk. I think he's the only other person we've seen to replicate a DF power (which isn't easy to replicate)?

Good chapter, but I wish we saw some bounties. Wouldn't have cost Oda anything to reveal them now and show where the Revos stand among the powers of the world.

Ya in op everyone smart has to be linked to vp.

Well. Maybe they are really good at hiding themselves? They may have no bounties. I mean, if all they do is what they did in that town, i hardly think anyone will be reporting their activities to the wg.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#24 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

the search is over,the search 'may be' over ~.~ 
Luffy's Mom found: the 'backbone' of the rev. army !!

Belo Betty <3 <3 

#25 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

Ya in op everyone smart has to be linked to vp.

Well. Maybe they are really good at hiding themselves? They may have no bounties. I mean, if all they do is what they did in that town, i hardly think anyone will be reporting their activities to the wg.

We haven't even seen Big Mom's bounty yet, and she just had an 80 chapter arc. Oda likes to keep them under the rug.

#26 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

hey may have no bounties. I mean

They're world-famous members of a criminal organisation.

Edited by Tale, 11 May 2018 - 12:16 PM.

#27 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

We haven't even seen Big Mom's bounty yet, and she just had an 80 chapter arc. Oda likes to keep them under the rug.

Emperors i assume he keeps a secret becauae he doesnt want to reveal the highest possible bounty.

If tomorrow oda tells us BM'S bounty is 1.6 billion.... well.. thats the end for luffy, we shouldnt look forward to any more increases.

They're world-famous members of a criminal organisation.

So was bb.

I am just saying, no ra member has had a bounty revealed. Maybe they are an underground army whos members try to keep themselves secret...except ace and dragon.

banner.png

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

So was bb.

I am just saying, no ra member has had a bounty revealed. Maybe they are an underground army whos members try to keep themselves secret...except ace and dragon.

BB was playing low.

Sabo has bounty and this chapter has the Pinkbeard pirates recognizing the commanders. Clearly their identities are not secret at all

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#29 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

BB was playing low.

Sabo has bounty and this chapter has the Pinkbeard pirates recognizing the commanders. Clearly their identities are not secret at all

Crimimals reconizing other criminals doesnt mean the wg knows they exist. Also it did take the pink beard pirates quite some time to notice who they were, if they were really big bounty famous it would of been much quicker.

Edited by captain kidd, 11 May 2018 - 02:02 PM.

banner.png

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

Crimimals reconizing other criminals doesnt mean the wg knows they exist. Also it did take the pink beard pirates quite some time to notice who they were, if they were really big bounty famous it would of been much quicker.

if they are secret, not even criminals should know. Otherwise bounty hunters and stuffs come

#31 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

So does Bettys power also buff DF powers? If so can she temporarily make someone awaken their DF power? Also does it work on Haki? I need more information on her DF. XD

#32 naahjly

naahjly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

@captain kidd Belo's fruit is to power-up Dragon so he has a chance vs Admiral.

hahah im dying, what an ass pull comment. Unless its a joke

• denimdragon likes this

#33 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

Awesome team! Really cool to see abilities so diverse, and I really enjoy that Betty's power up ;)

I'm eager to see them declaring official war!!

#34 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

I was initially excited when I read the chapter's title but the actual content did not really live up to it.

Maybe it was shorter than usual. I think it would have been more exciting to introduce these new characters through Sabo and co instead of the generic heroes come to save a town from crying citizens. Oda pulled that off way better with Crocodile (who has been built up for 2 or 3 arcs before his reveal) and Coby because we already knew him.

I am under the impression that Oda intended to involve the straw hats with the whole Vinsmoke family being invited to Reverie but he literally brushed off that story element. Introducing a plot point that won't have any consequences on the plot is uncharacteristic from Oda's prime. I feel there is a missed opportunity of setting an epic meeting between Luffy and Dragon, or Vivi, and Chopper meeting Kurehara. Instead of dragging to hell DR and WCI, he could have saved these chapter for Reverie which so far seems a lot more exciting.

Maybe Oda did not want to draw another MF type arc and it would have been too exhausting but I just feel there is definitely a missed opportunity for not having the MC involved in that arc.

yea i didnt even think of that. Having the germa invited to the reverie and letting luffy and Dragon run wild there would have been super awesome. I dont even think it would have had to be as big as the marinfold war either. Jus a scene where luffy is surrounded by all the kings standing on a table screaming something like “Fuck the world Government!!” And Dragon smiling cockily, Would have been awesome. And having sanji be involved with the WG because of the germa instead of the BM pirates would have been more satisfying too. Oda dropped the ball on this one.

Awesome team! Really cool to see abilities so diverse, and I really enjoy that Betty's power up ;)
I'm eager to see them declaring official war!!

The clay dudes power is not diverse at all.

if thats the case then why was Iva thrown in impel down if there actions are so secret? And where did kuma get his bounty from?

#35 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

this is the closest to filler that's actually canon that we've experience.

Jesus christ this manga is at an all time garbage. 

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#36 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

this is the closest to filler that's actually canon that we've experience.
Jesus christ this manga is at an all time garbage.

i think Skypeia has that honor

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

hahah im dying, what an ass pull comment. Unless its a joke

that says a lot.

• Lucky Wolf likes this

#38 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

So does Bettys power also buff DF powers? If so can she temporarily make someone awaken their DF power? Also does it work on Haki? I need more information on her DF. XD

Right, that is what I was thinking.  How would it buff a DF or Haki user?  I'm sure we've only seen the bare minimum of how much she can boost someone.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#39 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

want to hear a joke?

.....The Revolutionary Army....

dragon gets his ass humiliated by Blackbeard and this is how the four top commanders make their entrance by kicking a 50 milliom Belly blackbeard underling?

What a joke.

Even Big Mom officials had a greater entrance than this crap. 

At the very least, they should have found Champion Guy, kill him, just to make sure that we the readers understood that they are something and even then it wouldnt have equaled what Blackbeard did to Dragon but it would have been an OK.

Dragon and his underlings are garbage until they prove otherwise.

24gvaiu.jpg

#40 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

yea i didnt even think of that. Having the germa invited to the reverie and letting luffy and Dragon run wild there would have been super awesome. I dont even think it would have had to be as big as the marinfold war either. Jus a scene where luffy is surrounded by all the kings standing on a table screaming something like “Fuck the world Government!!” And Dragon smiling cockily, Would have been awesome. And having sanji be involved with the WG because of the germa instead of the BM pirates would have been more satisfying too. Oda dropped the ball on this one.

The clay dudes power is not diverse at all.

if thats the case then why was Iva thrown in impel down if there actions are so secret? And where did kuma get his bounty from?

No the wg knows there is an ra, they jist dont know the key members, iva was discovered to be a member and thus he was arrested.

As for kuma, he was once a burtal pirate known as "the tyrant" that probably came before his ra days, that is where his bounty is from.

if they are secret, not even criminals should know. Otherwise bounty hunters and stuffs come

Bounty hunters cant come because the wg doesnt know. If the wg doesnt know then no bounty, which means no bounty hunters.

I know this is a weird theory and i was only playing devils advocate to begin with. But think about it, it is possible.

I just cant get over how slow it took them to get reconized, do you think dogtooth burgess or jack would have that problem? Well maybe if they have bags on their head....

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users