111 replies to this topic

#101 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

The main point of that paragraph was revealing a person who talks the talk but is incapable of walking the walk, man or woman those type of people dont get respect.

Probably should lead with that next time.

#102 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

I dont understand his tone to be anywhere close to what u used.

I know that. I did not feel offended either, but i think others here are more polite than i am, thus also are reacting more strongly than me to what u wrote. In generel in order to make this place worth visiting we should not judge others too easily, espeically since we actually dont them. With an idiot like me thats no biggie, but others might be far lesser fools than i am.

I dont counter the point that BBs DF is able to counter light (better say devour/pull in/attract even light), what point i counter is that any of the numbers u provided do matter when talking about OP. OP light is only like fast, seemingly like 100miles/hour, most likely even lower, at least nowhere near what we refer to as op lightspeed. While u r right that when it comes to evading something u dont need to have the same speed, that still is only of little use here, since if it were Luffys brain would still have to work far faster in order to evade the directory, than we know/are shown (he is pretty slow (iqwise speaking) most of the times after all) it does. And furthermore it was said that Kuma does what he does at lightspeed, and since not only Luffy but also preTS Zoro was able to evade said lightspeed we can figure out how "fast" op lightspeed is....its comparable to the speed of Usain Bolt running, perhaps twice/3times that, not much more i would say. And lightning in op stands even lower than that.

Really? I thought those were quite childish insults, well i dont want to continue those insults or defend my behavior, just wasnt going to take his tone lying down.

Ok so the kuma thing, alot of people just write that off as kuma's hyperbola, but what ever kuma was saying there, zoro only had to dodge his arms and the speed at which they were repelling air.

We have seen both lightning and light speed in travel, both were near instant, kizaru even laughed at how slow G2 luffy was.

Probably should lead with that next time.

Sorry, i ended by saying bm is an example of a woman who talks tough and is tough.

Of course bm has alot of other problems..... but losing respect by being all words and no action isnt one of them! (Even if she probably is the weakest emperor)

I mean it's a fantasy world, Oda can make a planet 989786756454356578789 miles in circumference if he likes and not give a fuck about science and that such mass could colapse on its own or something.

On the other hand, what if Kuma can manipulate the speed at which things are repelled? And he decided to move Luffy slowly for whatever purpose?

Now you are speculating about the nature of his fruit.
All my theories assess what we know currently and seek to add or assume as little as possible. And to add an entirely new function to the fruit just to make a theory fit is not good in my book.
We could do that to disprove any theory ever then.

Me "hey guys, i think dragon could be a cp0 agent!!!"
You "oh ya?!?! Well all cp0 agents have to be CD by birth"
Me "that was never said....well if you are right i guess my theory is wrong....."

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#103 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Zoro>lightspeed=kizauru=kuma>gears 2>eneru>law>jimbei>sanji=franky in terms of speed

and hopefully oda took a break to reevaluate whats imporant and the  fastest way to get done with the reverie 

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#104 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

I mean the single fact that giant lightning bolt not burning a rubber man already calls into question the worlds physics. lets stop trying to apply them so concretely. 

• KUROkami likes this

#105 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:27 AM

Now you are speculating about the nature of his fruit.
All my theories assess what we know currently and seek to add or assume as little as possible.

Here's the gold question: who the hell told you that is the right way?

I never understand that kind of approach. Is that another way to say ''I'm too lazy to think more when reading so I take this answer that lets my brain rest''? I know about Occam Razor all that shit but let be frank: Just because some ancient dude made up some rules or observation about literary *air quote* doesn't mean our contemporaries have to follow. Fuck rules! And it's not like it's an absolute principle either. To reach the right answer you need imagination and as much thought as possible. Even Sherlock Holmes got dumb with his abductive reasoning sometimes (this is why deductive reasoning that is math is beautiful).

So here's the thing: speculation, yes. But at the same time nothing says it's impossible either. So rather than sticking rigidly to the ''simplest'' answer and hastily jumping to conclusion, maybe let your imagination runs wild a bit (which is justified, this is a fucking fantasy story after all. You know what fantasy is? Like, the opposite of non fiction fact-based report) and seek some possible explanation to something that seems utterly...impossible or contradictory (keep in mind that oda doesn't give much importance to consistency though LOL). Obviously, just possible explanation to keep in mind. Don't take it as (head)canon yet.

It's like...you know, rather than jumping to conclusion and call your fiance a cheater for going into hotel with someone else just because it's ''kinda a common sense and simplest answer'', calm down and think a bit, what can make that situation happen?  Unless you like playing devil advocate to stir up Oda's hate for fun. That I can understand LOL

Your approach is good in battle debate, but discussing a fiction work? Not really.

And to add an entirely new function to the fruit just to make a theory fit is not good in my book.

Only if it's indeed a new function. For all we know it's a function that has always been there. Oda just doesn't tell us yet.

We could do that to disprove any theory ever then.

The thing is a lot of theory doesn't have to be ''true'' in every case. It just needs to be applicable within a frame so to speak.

Me "hey guys, i think dragon could be a cp0 agent!!!"
You "oh ya?!?! Well all cp0 agents have to be CD by birth"
Me "that was never said....well if you are right i guess my theory is wrong....."

Funny enough, that is never said. SO you should keep that theory, I'm with you. Though what makes it hard to believe is Dragon's action and portrayal so far, not his birth, but hey, remember Aizen?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#106 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:08 AM

New release expected today?

#107 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:40 AM

New release expected today?

OP is on break

2mg5kyb.jpg

#108 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:25 AM

Here's the gold question: who the hell told you that is the right way?
I never understand that kind of approach. Is that another way to say ''I'm too lazy to think more when reading so I take this answer that lets my brain rest''? I know about Occam Razor all that shit but let be frank: Just because some ancient dude made up some rules or observation about literary *air quote* doesn't mean our contemporaries have to follow. Fuck rules! And it's not like it's an absolute principle either. To reach the right answer you need imagination and as much thought as possible. Even Sherlock Holmes got dumb with his abductive reasoning sometimes (this is why deductive reasoning that is math is beautiful).

So here's the thing: speculation, yes. But at the same time nothing says it's impossible either. So rather than sticking rigidly to the ''simplest'' answer and hastily jumping to conclusion, maybe let your imagination runs wild a bit (which is justified, this is a fucking fantasy story after all. You know what fantasy is? Like, the opposite of non fiction fact-based report) and seek some possible explanation to something that seems utterly...impossible or contradictory (keep in mind that oda doesn't give much importance to consistency though LOL). Obviously, just possible explanation to keep in mind. Don't take it as (head)canon yet.

It's like...you know, rather than jumping to conclusion and call your fiance a cheater for going into hotel with someone else just because it's ''kinda a common sense and simplest answer'', calm down and think a bit, what can make that situation happen? Unless you like playing devil advocate to stir up Oda's hate for fun. That I can understand LOL

Your approach is good in battle debate, but discussing a fiction work? Not really.

Only if it's indeed a new function. For all we know it's a function that has always been there. Oda just doesn't tell us yet.

The thing is a lot of theory doesn't have to be ''true'' in every case. It just needs to be applicable within a frame so to speak.

Funny enough, that is never said. SO you should keep that theory, I'm with you. Though what makes it hard to believe is Dragon's action and portrayal so far, not his birth, but hey, remember Aizen?

Ok i can agree with you when it comes to theories, most theories come from aome wild idea people have and they then look for threads in the story to weave that theory into reality (like my dd is kiadou theory) BUT when talking about that theory, should we really be "using our imagination" to debunk a theory?

Wow this debate got out of hand, a theory needs to stand up to some scrutiny. So lets start this up from the begining.

Fulmine "kuma can repel at different speeds, i dont know why but kuma used a slower speed for luffy and co"

Ok so lets talk about kuma's fruit.

They way i see it there are only two options. Either kuma has a set repel speed, or the repel speed can be regulated by the speed of his arms moving. More on that in a second.
So you are probably wondering "why cant kuma internally regulate his repel speed?"
Well maybe he slowed down his speed for repeling luffy and co, maybe.... mahbe he even slowed down his speed in TB when we clearly see him repel a rock at very slow speeds.... maybe he even slows himself down in combat when we can see him taking multiple pannels to teleport even though light speed would be instant (like we have seen kizaru and enel do)
BUT the one time he should never slow himself down would be when attacking. (Maybe if he was trying not to harm the crew, but seeing as he gave zoro enough pain to kill him and his bomb really should of killed usopp or nami, it is s af e to say he wasnt pulling his punches) and when attacking kuma had a set speed, all attacks were the same, when he was attacking nameless fodder, when he was attacking zoro or showing off to franky, all attacks had the same speed. And evidence of that is the fact zoro could dodge all the attacks, if all the attacks were differnet speeds zoro would subconciously miss a dodge or two because he would be used to faster or slower attacks. (Its the same reason why if steps are croocked you will sometimes miss steps)

Now that proves kuma cant repel with different waves of his arms, far be it from me to judge the effort a punch is thrown with, but we can see every punch produces the same speed attacks. Franky was hit with a pad cannon that kuma didnt move much for, which moves at the same speed as the hundreds zoro dodged. And you cant tell me those attacks are the same effort and power, dispite the fact they both produce the same speed and power pad cannon attacks.

(Also, i understand the anime played with the times of these things, lets both acknowledge we are not using the anime as refrence and sticking to the source material)

So if you look at the speed of his attacks, oda always draws them the same way, either kuma only repels at a set speed, or he isnt the kind of man to change how fast he is repeling things, either answer leads to the same conclusion

I mean the single fact that giant lightning bolt not burning a rubber man already calls into question the worlds physics. lets stop trying to apply them so concretely.

I am noy strictly applying physics. I get the famous cop out "its a fake world laws of physics dont apply" and i would agree with it in some cases, for example when calculating free fall time i wouldnt stick to 9.8ms for gravity.

But... we are talking about ungodly huge numbers. Even a child would notice somethig is wrong.

Oda "there, i made luffy travel at the speed of light to amazon lily"
5 year old "but shouldn't he of gotten there much faster? Why did it take several time laps?"

I dont except oda to know the exact value for C, but i do, and we all should expect him to know if kuma really "teleported" at light speed, luffy wouldnt of timelapsed to amazon lily, he would of been there before he could have a short conversation with himself.... or fall asleep.....

Here let me give you another example.

If a random villain was holding a bomb, and he said it will explode with the force of 100,000,000 megatons of tnt, but when it did go off it was about as large as a hand gernade, would you assume that oda is telling us the explosion was the correct size and humans in OP are the size of planets? And the panet is the size of the whole milkyway? Or would you assume that the villain was wrong?

If you said the later then you agree with me (except instead of the villian being wrong in our case the fans speculating are wrong) if you said the former..... how big does that make the sun?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#109 bp.luffy.gr

bp.luffy.gr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

There are two reasons why he may be shadow logia:
1) the taboo with the same type abilities paramecia and logia has been broken (luffy & katakuri) rubber and mochi.
2)Him using his own shadow to make the birds explains his metal peak and feathers plus his bald head..
3) true Captain Kid Aokiji can make peashants with his ice but all other logias use attacks with their body parts fire fist,magma fist,smoke fist,mochi fist,light kick,even Gastillo with his giant poison fist. As Aokiji finds more offencive ways to attack using the sharpness of ice made partizan, Him using his shadow to attack with crows os fitting..
  • bp.luffy.gr likes this

#110 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

Woohoo, we will have a Skypiea Special anime episode on August 25th

• Godpachi likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#111 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Woohoo, we will have a Skypiea Special anime episode on August 25th

I've been expecting this for a long time.
Hopefully they will add some twists like they did in the chopper special(franky and robin were there and luffy already had g2) either way I don't mind the original material as it was done beautifully. Now with a proper animation it will certainly bring forth the best of that arc.

#112 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

I GET TO SEE MY ENEL-SAMA AGAIN!?  :aww:

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png