Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/182/page/1

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:49 AM

Didn't think the chapter would be this good. And now the sketch is painful.

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

This was one of the least apropiate chapters to have the half-drawn pannels in... It made it a bit confusing to understand at some points.

Still looked cool! And summed up in a single chapter, which is nice. Also, seeing Mirio genuinely cry ot of happiness of seeing Eri smiling was sweeter than Eri herself smiling. I can't help but love that guy. Best character ever.

Edited by Madara D Dragon, 11 May 2018 - 04:52 AM.

• Raiden and Brilchan like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

The artwork in some of those pages and panels where just horrid to look at.  For a moment i thought it was Togashi drawing this chapter rather than Horikoshi tbh. XD

Anyway, solid feel good chapter and I guess end to the arc too. It was good seeing Eri smile at last.

• Brilchan likes this

#5 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:21 AM

Great to see Kyouka get some spotlight, this was in the background her arc, so great for her. Her parents being musician, well of course they would be about freedom to do what you want.

Great to see Eri smile again, it was all worthless.

I am glad this arc seems to be over and the Villain Alliance didn't anything funny.

• Raiden likes this

#6 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

Ehh i kinda skipped everything since i have no interest in this festival. Gentle please comeback ;(

• pyrogenic likes this

#7 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Those second to last two panels damn near brought tears to my eyes.  

• Raiden and Chillman like this

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#8 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

Very original.
I guess those odd drawn panels were a way to depict a fast paced environment where you get what's happening but can't focus in just one thing because of the amount of input you're getting. Kinda like a night club. Even if you're sober you will still have some difficulty processing stuff.
Like I said original.

#9 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

Very original.
I guess those odd drawn panels were a way to depict a fast paced environment where you get what's happening but can't focus in just one thing because of the amount of input you're getting. Kinda like a night club. Even if you're sober you will still have some difficulty processing stuff.
Like I said original.

No. Horikoshi was rushed because of Golden Week so it wasn't fully finished.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 11 May 2018 - 11:56 AM.

• Raiden, KLGChaos and Brilchan like this

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#10 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

That's probably true but it does give off an original affect. I liked it but I also wasn't too interested in this chapter so I feel like if it was during a more important moment rather then the laid back festival setting it wouldn't have worked out well.

#11 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

Yeah, it's happened a few times in other manga where the author was rushed due to holidays or sickness.

This festival arc has been good, imo. It's really set the stage for one major thing- Deku (and the others) really taking up the mantle of heroes and becoming an inspiration to others. Eri brought out of her darkness, Gentle remembering his original dreams... it may have been a down time arc, but it made some major advancements, imo.

Edited by KLGChaos, 11 May 2018 - 01:04 PM.

• Raiden, Godpachi, Asch and 2 others like this

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#12 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Eri and Mirio! 

;_;

• Raiden, Godpachi and Chillman like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#13 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

I just don't get this arc... Maybe I'm just not getting japanese culture, but I wouldn't give a fuck if my schoolmates were stressed out and needed to party. I certainly wouldn't put on a big concert for them. After all, the class that all the shit has been raining down upon is the one doing all the music in the first place. They should be getting all the praise instead. 

I understand Midoriya wanting to cheer up Eri, but even that relationship is a little weird to me. Shouldn't she be placed in a foster home or something?

I'd love to hear from someone who really enjoyed this and tell me why I'm wrong!

#14 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

Yea i think this would’ve been a good chapter but the art ruined it. Kinda sad really

#15 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

Do they really let incomplete chapters go into publication  :huh:

The sketch panels kinda threw me off but overall this was a nice ending chapter for this arc. I expect things to pick up next chapter.

Edited by Fenrix, 14 May 2018 - 11:11 AM.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Do they really let incomplete chapters go into publication  :huh:

The sketch panels kinda threw me off but overall this was a nice ending chapter for this arc. I expect things to pick up next chapter.

Yes. They will put the finished art into the Volumes though.

I just don't get this arc... Maybe I'm just not getting japanese culture, but I wouldn't give a fuck if my schoolmates were stressed out and needed to party. I certainly wouldn't put on a big concert for them. After all, the class that all the shit has been raining down upon is the one doing all the music in the first place. They should be getting all the praise instead. 

I understand Midoriya wanting to cheer up Eri, but even that relationship is a little weird to me. Shouldn't she be placed in a foster home or something?

I'd love to hear from someone who really enjoyed this and tell me why I'm wrong!

Well these guys want to become Heroes, so maybe you should think with that in mind ^^ And As for Eri. She has a very dangerous quirk she can't control so that is probably the reason why she isn't put into just any foster family/orphanage. Also I think Eraserhead  is kinda her foster father for now (because he can cancel her quirk with his) in the chapter it also said he was Eri's Guardian so.

• Chillman likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#17 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,850 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, it was a bit of a shame that the conclusion of the arc and of Eri's small arc too didn't get fully drawn. I guess Golden Week probably played a role in it being unfinished, but oh well. You could still tell what was mostly going on, but it did take a little away from the impact. I imagine that it will all get cleaned up when they release the official volume though. 

It would have been nice to see their performance in more detail, like the double page spread where it was everyone in the class working together and doing their part in the finale, but it was at least nice that the important Eri page at the end where Overhaul's influence faded away and she could smile was finished. Now I am wondering if we will see any more of the festival, like Class B's play or the beauty contest, or if the story will skip on ahead to after the festival and we just find out about the results later. 

• Raiden likes this

#18 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

Random question. 

But would the incomplete panels be completed for later or collected releases, or will they just stay the same as first released?

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:02 AM

Random question. 

But would the incomplete panels be completed for later or collected releases, or will they just stay the same as first released?

The former, of course. Even Togashi had to redraw a bit for the volumes

• Narubi and Chillman like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#20 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

Seeing Eri-chan have a good time and brightly smile cleaned my skin, watered my crops, and cured my depression. A truly blessed chapter.  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:

• Tom Ace, Raiden, Ajh77 and 1 other like this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users