KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

I just don't get this arc... Maybe I'm just not getting japanese culture, but I wouldn't give a fuck if my schoolmates were stressed out and needed to party. I certainly wouldn't put on a big concert for them. After all, the class that all the shit has been raining down upon is the one doing all the music in the first place. They should be getting all the praise instead.

I understand Midoriya wanting to cheer up Eri, but even that relationship is a little weird to me. Shouldn't she be placed in a foster home or something?
I'd love to hear from someone who really enjoyed this and tell me why I'm wrong!

Eri can't be placed in a foster home because her powers are dangerous and could go out of control due to her age and trauma.

As for the concert thing, Japan, unlike America and it's "Me Me Me Generation", still has values based more around community doing what's right for the whole (though even that's slowly changing due to Westernization and modernization).

UA is having a rough time altogether right now, not just their class. As heroes they realize, as the Ancient One said to Doc Strange, "it's not about them". These are kids who want to be heroes and that involves having concern and care for others. To become a symbol like All Might instead of someone selfish like Endeavor.

Edited by KLGChaos, 16 May 2018 - 04:53 PM.

• Raiden, Godpachi and Chillman like this

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#22 Oben

Oben

Busy

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,929 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

For a more general reason, it's a change to a lighter mood after the rather long and grim Yakuza-arc. This is still Shonen after all, there's often some alternation.

• Chillman likes this

#23 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, it was a bit of a shame that the conclusion of the arc and of Eri's small arc too didn't get fully drawn. I guess Golden Week probably played a role in it being unfinished, but oh well. You could still tell what was mostly going on, but it did take a little away from the impact. I imagine that it will all get cleaned up when they release the official volume though. 

It would have been nice to see their performance in more detail, like the double page spread where it was everyone in the class working together and doing their part in the finale, but it was at least nice that the important Eri page at the end where Overhaul's influence faded away and she could smile was finished. Now I am wondering if we will see any more of the festival, like Class B's play or the beauty contest, or if the story will skip on ahead to after the festival and we just find out about the results later. 

Golden week is to blame from what i hear, as SJ forced them to draw two chapters in the same time frame as one.

• Shin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users