#21 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Idk about this one way trip thing. Like i said earlier I dont think it would make much sense to go down there of they truly believed there was no way back. Remember how Bondrewd mentioned that 2 of the other white wistles went to the 6th layer using there own artifacts without using the elevator? I think thats the hint to it

It would be kool if all the white wistles had an artifact that they could use to bypass the 6th layer rule or at least to some degree. Or maybe they are all venturing down there to look for a way to get pass it. I jus cant accept that they are all ok with never beig able to come back in living the rest of there lives on the bottom lvl

#22 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,882 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Someone need to make a list of layer effectss.

Pretty sure it not a 1 way trip, how does the platform get back up?

Considering he says dead end, and it looked like the went into that area while Reg was fighting (see all the mittie from the other children)

It's explained in detail in chapter 1 ^^

http://mangaseeonlin...r-1-page-4.html

Layer 1 -> 0: Mild dizzyness, nausea

Layer 2 -> 1: Intense nausea, headaches, numbness

Layer 3 -> 2: Vertigo, Hallucinations

Layer 4 -> 3: Intense pain, bleeding

Layer 5 -> 4: Loss of senses, confusion, self-harm

Layer 6 -> 5: Death or loss of humanity

Layer 7 -> 6: Certain Death

http://mangaseeonlin...-7-page-17.html

"When a White Whistle descends to the Sixth layer, they cross the absolute boundary. People call it the "Last Dive", because they'll never be able to return home."

That's the rule, but we know it can be broken.

Edited by Oben, 18 May 2018 - 11:43 AM.

• YyAoMmIi and Abu Dun like this

#23 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

I expect that mystery to be adressed once Riko examines her own whistle and gets a proper talk with the princess that caught Reg. At least I, too, don't think that the 6th Layer truly is a place without return and that there must be some way to make it back. How else would the lower ranked delvers even know that there is someplace even further down?

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#24 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,882 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

I expect that mystery to be adressed once Riko examines her own whistle and gets a proper talk with the princess that caught Reg. At least I, too, don't think that the 6th Layer truly is a place without return and that there must be some way to make it back. How else would the lower ranked delvers even know that there is someplace even further down?

Material seems to pass through the layers just fine. For example, there could be people going down while others wait on the fifth layer to pull up messanges, or with the balloons we've seen (assuming there's better ways to guard them).

Page talking about it: http://mangaseeonlin...-7-page-17.html

Edited by Oben, 18 May 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#25 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

I was assuming Bondrewd experiment/elevator went into 6 level of depth, but not main 6th that leads to the rest.

I double check chapter 30, lord of Guidance said he invaded the 6th level with his personal relic. Idk what that means... Why not main way of the platform?

#26 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

Material seems to pass through the layers just fine. For example, there could be people going down while others wait on the fifth layer to pull up messanges, or with the balloons we've seen (assuming there's better ways to guard them).

Page talking about it: http://mangaseeonlin...-7-page-17.html

True, although even then it rarely reaches the surface, due to several creatures intercepting the balloons or them being destroyed by some natural disaster in one of the lower levels. But even then, the only ones permanently residing in the 5th layer are Bondrewd and his clones and I reckon they don't care much for those above unless it helps to further his own goals.

I was assuming Bondrewd experiment/elevator went into 6 level of depth, but not main 6th that leads to the rest.

I double check chapter 30, lord of Guidance said he invaded the 6th level with his personal relic. Idk what that means... Why not main way of the platform?

Indeed, Bondrewd seemingly dug a hole that penetrated the boundary between 5th and 5th layer that isn't connected to the 'main hall' where the Narehate village is located. Anything else could have severely hampered his experiments, as it would have provided his subjects a means of escape. As for the Lord of Guidance, perhaps his artifact provided him with something that made the elevator and the platform obsolete? After all, it was hinted at that the White whistles don't get along all too well and would rather stay clear from each other.

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#27 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

It's explained in detail in chapter 1 ^^
http://mangaseeonlin...r-1-page-4.html
Layer 1 -> 0: Mild dizzyness, nausea
Layer 2 -> 1: Intense nausea, headaches, numbness
Layer 3 -> 2: Vertigo, Hallucinations
Layer 4 -> 3: Intense pain, bleeding
Layer 5 -> 4: Loss of senses, confusion, self-harm
Layer 6 -> 5: Death or loss of humanity
Layer 7 -> 6: Certain Death

http://mangaseeonlin...-7-page-17.html
"When a White Whistle descends to the Sixth layer, they cross the absolute boundary. People call it the "Last Dive", because they'll never be able to return home."
That's the rule, but we know it can be broken.

exactly. Theres no way the series is goin to end with Riko not being able to come back up

#28 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,882 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

True, although even then it rarely reaches the surface, due to several creatures intercepting the balloons or them being destroyed by some natural disaster in one of the lower levels. But even then, the only ones permanently residing in the 5th layer are Bondrewd and his clones and I reckon they don't care much for those above unless it helps to further his own goals.

Recently, sure, but the Abyss has been open for 1900 years. Even if only one message per century gets out, there'd be some info around.

exactly. Theres no way the series is goin to end with Riko not being able to come back up

What if it's not a hole... but a tunnel? :whistle:

#29 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

Ooooh that’s interesting. A tunnel to wat I wonder. Hmmmmmm

#30 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

https://m.imgur.com/...InAbyss/2Edf49t
  • Abu Dun and PunkHazard like this

#31 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:53 AM

https://m.imgur.com/...InAbyss/2Edf49t

see this why Im glad this thread was made! Cause without your post I wouldn’t have known about this chapter for a long time. Thank you!!

#32 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

We been talking about Lord of Dawn's Elevator from level 5 to fake level 6.

But doesn't Lord of Dawn also have Elevator from surface to Level 0?

Pretty even if he is a strong White Whistle, guarding a group of kids to floor 5 while hiding how dangerous it is would be kinda hard for a normal path.

And i was wondering if they are all white wistles too. I dont think so tho cause they would make everyone down there super strong and i feel like it would be more of a plot device if they were.

Technically, not all White Whistle owners are strong.

Cause by that Logic, Riko is a White Whistle owner too. Her being strong depend on how you view Reg, as a party member or one of her Relics.

Yall dont like the art? Really? The art is the best part for me. Its so different then anything Ive seen. Everything feels like its been painted instead of drawn. It has such a magical feeling to it.

I'm more of a fixed person.

I get that feeling, it just feels confusing to me.

#33 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

see this why Im glad this thread was made! Cause without your post I wouldn’t have known about this chapter for a long time. Thank you!!

I have it among my follows on MangaDex, so I would have just waited until it gets uploaded there. 

Pretty even if he is a strong White Whistle, guarding a group of kids to floor 5 while hiding how dangerous it is would be kinda hard for a normal path.

Cause by that Logic, Riko is a White Whistle owner too. Her being strong depend on how you view Reg, as a party member or one of her Relics.

I'm fairly sure that the White Whistles can get away with almost anything as long as they don't directly oppose their government. I mean, each of those we know of are at least formidable foes and at worst true one man armies that can - and will - wipe out entire platoons of enemies. Add to that the sheer distance and nect to no regular contact to the surface and I don't find it that hard to believe that nobody really knows what Bondrewd is up to. He certainly isn't broadcasting the nature of his experiments so only the other White Whistles have a rough idea of them, due to at least sometimes meeting up with him. An elevator to the surface would have greatly helped Riko and Reg, though, although they would then have met a dead end with no chance of escape. Furthermore, I guess that they would have at some point seen it from the distance and commented about it, if only to state the need to stay clear of it.

As far as we currently know, Riko is the exception from the rule and until they meet the remaining 2 or 3 active White Whistles, it's strongly hinted at that they all are at a level similar to Bondrewd, Oven and Rikos mother. Didn't the kids classify Reg as an artifact-level relic in terms of rarity and strength? So, if the public ever learns about these two and given his nature, I would think that he would officially be counted as Rikos personal artifact rather than as an individual of his own.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#34 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

i disagree. Its been strongly hinted at the white whistles are all monster in their own right. Strong enough to dight off foreign raiders and all the monsters in the abyss. I think there was even a point where it was said that all white whistles were really strong. And every white wistle we’ve met has been. Riko is obviously jus the exception. She found a super strong relic (without reg she would have been dead) not to say she isnt impressive in her own ways but she doesnt have the physical abilities u need to survive down there. A true white whistle has to be strong.

And actually seeing how in the last chapter her white wistle can call Reg to her then i think we can consider Reg as her relic.

I have it among my follows on MangaDex, so I would have just waited until it gets uploaded there.

I'm fairly sure that the White Whistles can get away with almost anything as long as they don't directly oppose their government. I mean, each of those we know of are at least formidable foes and at worst true one man armies that can - and will - wipe out entire platoons of enemies. Add to that the sheer distance and nect to no regular contact to the surface and I don't find it that hard to believe that nobody really knows what Bondrewd is up to. He certainly isn't broadcasting the nature of his experiments so only the other White Whistles have a rough idea of them, due to at least sometimes meeting up with him. An elevator to the surface would have greatly helped Riko and Reg, though, although they would then have met a dead end with no chance of escape. Furthermore, I guess that they would have at some point seen it from the distance and commented about it, if only to state the need to stay clear of it.

As far as we currently know, Riko is the exception from the rule and until they meet the remaining 2 or 3 active White Whistles, it's strongly hinted at that they all are at a level similar to Bondrewd, Oven and Rikos mother. Didn't the kids classify Reg as an artifact-level relic in terms of rarity and strength? So, if the public ever learns about these two and given his nature, I would think that he would officially be counted as Rikos personal artifact rather than as an individual of his own.

agreed with most of this. The only thing ill say is that i dont think the white whistles can jus do watever they want. Id say the reason why Bondrewd isnt being constantly attack (and we dont know that he isn’t actually) is cause he lives in the abyss. I think they do know about alot of his actions. Its jus that no government wants to waste people and resources to send people after him down there. And the black whistle guy did mention that he is wanted in a foreign country.

Edited by PunkHazard, 21 May 2018 - 05:17 PM.

#35 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

agreed with most of this. The only thing ill say is that i dont think the white whistles can jus do watever they want. Id say the reason why Bondrewd isnt being constantly attack (and we dont know that he isn’t actually) is cause he lives in the abyss. I think they do know about alot of his actions. Its jus that no government wants to waste people and resources to send people after him down there. And the black whistle guy did mention that he is wanted in a foreign country.

True, we don't know how often the White Whistles are getting attacked, even though it is implied that they are at times specifically targeted by other nations. Bondrewd being a wanted man and the group of Rikos mother and Oven being assaulted when Riko herself was born are proof of that. But still, I don't think that, even if their superiors know what they do and don't approve of it, they lack the means of actually going after them. Oven can be reached fairly easily, but she's being dormant for the most time and the Black Whistles aren't, by official decree, not allowed to enter the 5th layer, making Bondrewd pretty much safe from any interference. Also, given how the Black Whistles are looked up to, as well, I doubt that there are that many of them, either and loosing even one of them in an attempt to stop a rogue White Whistle is sure to be a great loss for the country attempting this.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#36 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:27 AM

I kinda get the feeling that there lots of skipping around.

Most White Whistle are strong due to their relics they obtain and skill to use those relics.

And what Relics did Riko's party find (excluding Reg who practically went up to find Riko)?

It suggested there stronger Relics in lower levels too. 

I'm fairly sure that the White Whistles can get away with almost anything as long as they don't directly oppose their government. I mean, each of those we know of are at least formidable foes and at worst true one man armies that can - and will - wipe out entire platoons of enemies. Add to that the sheer distance and nect to no regular contact to the surface and I don't find it that hard to believe that nobody really knows what Bondrewd is up to. He certainly isn't broadcasting the nature of his experiments so only the other White Whistles have a rough idea of them, due to at least sometimes meeting up with him.

All I said was that there was an Elevator level 0 --> level 5

IDK why you brought up the whole issue

An elevator to the surface would have greatly helped Riko and Reg, though, although they would then have met a dead end with no chance of escape. Furthermore, I guess that they would have at some point seen it from the distance and commented about it, if only to state the need to stay clear of it.

Actually, this is the discussion I wanted to state it. There nothing mentioning the Elevator other then flash back?

#37 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

True, we don't know how often the White Whistles are getting attacked, even though it is implied that they are at times specifically targeted by other nations. Bondrewd being a wanted man and the group of Rikos mother and Oven being assaulted when Riko herself was born are proof of that. But still, I don't think that, even if their superiors know what they do and don't approve of it, they lack the means of actually going after them. Oven can be reached fairly easily, but she's being dormant for the most time and the Black Whistles aren't, by official decree, not allowed to enter the 5th layer, making Bondrewd pretty much safe from any interference. Also, given how the Black Whistles are looked up to, as well, I doubt that there are that many of them, either and loosing even one of them in an attempt to stop a rogue White Whistle is sure to be a great loss for the country attempting this.

i don’t remember them sayin Oven was wanted. I thought she and riko’s mom was attack by foreign cave raiders. Meaning by those that aren’t officially a whistle at all and probably coming down there illegally.

#38 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

i don’t remember them sayin Oven was wanted. I thought she and riko’s mom was attack by foreign cave raiders. Meaning by those that aren’t officially a whistle at all and probably coming down there illegally.

You misread that quote. 2 separate incident

Bondrewd being a wanted man

Rikos mother and Oven being assaulted

Also pretty sure that not how it went.

Country A learns of a Greater artifact.

Send a group of Dwellers of White Whistle (Riko's Mom, Oven the Immovable) and black Whistels.

Country B and C also send Dwellers to get that greater artifact.

#39 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:42 AM

All I said was that there was an Elevator level 0 --> level 5

IDK why you brought up the whole issue

Actually, this is the discussion I wanted to state it. There nothing mentioning the Elevator other then flash back?

Dunno, that was still on my mind at the moment and I thought it fit :^_^:

As for the elevator itself, it wasn't mentioned all that often and, to be honest, I don't expect it to pop up again until the very end of the series if and when Reg and Riko may use it to ascend to the surface.

You misread that quote. 2 separate incident

Also pretty sure that not how it went.

Country A learns of a Greater artifact.

Send a group of Dwellers of White Whistle (Riko's Mom, Oven the Immovable) and black Whistels.

Country B and C also send Dwellers to get that greater artifact.

Agreed, that was most likely the case for that particular situation. Oven and Rikos mom get to the artifact first, are attacked by foreign delvers and retreat after loosing most of their group. It also works the other way round, though, as Oven states that the Lord of Annihilation went right back down and intercepted that other group to regain the artifact in question. Which means that, down there it's fairly close to an open warzone with several different parties trying to gain power - and thuse using every means at hand to get an advantage. Which may include framing a hero from another country as a criminal or trying to take out opposing delving teams.

The real question I'd like to ask is how those other countries get to the Abyss in the first place. Because to me it seemed like Orte is taking up pretty much the entire circle that marks the entrance, with little room left for any other party to get a hold of.

currently reading:

and a lot more

#40 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

The real question I'd like to ask is how those other countries get to the Abyss in the first place. Because to me it seemed like Orte is taking up pretty much the entire circle that marks the entrance, with little room left for any other party to get a hold of.

I get the feeling Orte is just the Neutral zone regardless of country.

Or it own country that controls govenment of Abyss, but everything that comes out is far game.

So any Dweller can join a country on the outside as well. 

• Abu Dun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users